[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Internet Loner General 1#

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: loner.jpg (9KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
loner.jpg
9KB, 275x183px
Welcome!

This is a general thread for all loners/introverts/minimalist or those interested in a more reclusive life style to maximize freedom, knowledge and pleasure.

I've made this thread for recluses to connect and talk without the general negativity of r9k. In this thread we don't care about your lack of social lives or why you think women are awful (although dating discussion is acceptable).

So, introduce yourself and your thoughts!

>Just bought an extremely affordable trailer
>Working as a 2nd shift security guard
>Plenty of money, Plenty of Time
>>
OP are you me? I'm so sick of all this talk about women, all they do is weigh you down from the things you're interested in. I'll list three since you did
>Just got off an r9k minecraft server and had a really nice time with my fellow bots
>No money but I will look for a job after college summerschool is up
>Played a few hours of Chrono Trigger for my first playthrough, and I already love it
>No money, Plenty of time
Second shift security guard sounds pretty comfy, any stories on that?
>>
>>38009945
I've been fantasizing about a recluse life, how much money do I need to sustain internet and food for the rest of my life? I could live on a small property in a remote rural area and grow things/use solar
I've been browsing /out/ homesteading threads but I don't want to go completely off grid
>>
>>38010104
I'm with you on that, going off the grid sounds quite scary seeing as you could get mauled by a bear/bitten by a snake without any medical help. What I would like to do is save up my money and retire in an affordable area in a small town so I could have access to the internet and social services.
>>
>>38010060
I might be you, not sure.

A good woman can be a great addition to your life, but being that we're mostly in our 20s we have plenty of time to figure them out and figure ourselves out before take them seriously (IMO).

That sounds really nice. My goal with this is to create a safe-space (lol) for all reclusive people in the pursuit of happiness and self-growth. We're somewhat of an uncommon group and I think it would be great if we had away to connect.

It's a great job depending on the site. Being that it's second shift a lot of sites will allow you to use your phone or even books and laptops. Generally there is almost zero authority too.

I don't have a lot of stories from basic security but I'm also going to start bouncing again and/or doing armed security, which is a whole different experience (and a fun one).

What would you like to see from this thread?

What draws you to it?
>>
>>38010104

You need VERY little money to sustain yourself. You will need to save up a sizable chunk for a down payment on a small trailer, condo, house, etc.

For example by yearly expenses (ranging from car insurance to food to fun money) are around 16k. After taxes I make 21k as a security guard.
>>
>>38009945
Do you live in a trailer park, OP?
>>
I love being alone all the time but I'd love to add a gf to my life style.
Like, you know, having a girl around to share warmth with and so I could have sex with instead of wanking all the time. I don't feel lonely I just think it'd make my life better.
>>
>>38010150
Thanks for the quality reply anon, personally I never felt the need to be with a woman even in highschool. I'm not asexual, I'm happy with the way my life is and don't see a point in changing. If you don't mind me asking, how did you land such a comfy job, I would probably enjoy that alot and don't have a problem with confrontations if needed. As for the thread I think there's already a nice atmosphere, and the title along with the peaceful thumbnail really go a long way in adding to it
>>
I would have to move to another state to live frugally, the rent prices are one of the highest in the country. I want to though, because I can't keep living in the same neighborhood as my ex. I am actually worried that if I see them I will undo all the work I've put into getting over it and have nightmares again. I haven't worked in a long time but all I want to do with my life is quit drinking and have a small place to call my own, it's probably all I can hope for anyway.
>>
File: IMG_0042.jpg (775KB, 1920x1358px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0042.jpg
775KB, 1920x1358px
I want to live in someplace like Alaska or somewhere I can be alone. Sure I'll need power and water but that can be handled on my own if I have the money, but I just want some place to live with my anime, books, dogs, etc.
>>
>>38010226
Yeah I completely get that. I've put a lot of work into understanding women and getting rid of my own neediness for them. Now a girl that's faithful, supportive and intelligent would be a nice but unnecessary addition to my life.

What kind of girl do you want? Are you a monogamous guy or more open?
>>
>>38010281
Damn, that bad huh?
>>
>>38010238
You only need a highschool diploma. In contract security I've never had a real confrontation.

I would like a girl, but being that knowledge and maturity comes with age I have no problem waiting for the right girl at a later time so things are awesome.
>>
>>38010380
I guess it is. I try not to focus on how bad it is or isn't. All that does is make me feel less motivated to do anything. Once I am settled somewhere new, I can forget it all.
>>
>>38010281
Out of curiosity, where do you live so I can avoid it altogether?
>>38010430
Yeah I would of assumed so, alot of security jobs like that don't have alot of confrontation which is one of the reasons why it's such a good deal. I've heard many here consider it to be the ultimate robot job.
That's a very smart thing to do, waiting until you're ready is the least followed practice here in America.
>>
>>38010174
I regularly see small cabins with wells and septic for like 20-40k in the UP of michigan, I could probably manage that.
Another thing I worry about is laws and regulations and shit, like if someone with a clipboard is gonna show up one day and start asking questions I guess. I don't know anything about that stuff. I know many people don't have close family but they live close enough I could drive and say I live there and only part time at my hermit shack or something.
>>
>>38010491
Because of the rent prices? You'd probably be avoiding it regardless.
>>
>>38010367
I'd like to have just one girl, but I wouldn't mind if she has other partners or whatever. I don't think I'd like to meet her family or friends either, just have her hang out with me every now and then and sometimes go to bars and get drunk and fuck.
Having her stay over for a few days sometimes would be nice, too. Like sharing meals and tv programs and every day life stuff and have her listen to my music and have her share her artsy stuff with me as well if she's into that.

But I'm ages from that. At this point I'd love to just have a girl come over every now and then and have sex.
>>
>>38010537
I'll take your word for it then, I have it pretty nice here anyways. Hope it gets better for you man
>>
Bumping for interest, it's uncommon to see a thread with such a peaceful atmosphere
>>
>>38010706
FUCK OF YOU PEACE OF SHIT

Just kidding. Smoochies.
>>
>>38010730
Yeah suck my knob pal

Luv you too anon
>>
File: Gondola.png (10KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Gondola.png
10KB, 640x480px
OP here. I'm a bit surprised by the response this has gotten.

What else would you all like to see here?

Maybe a "Sticky" sort of paragraph to answer general questions?
>>
Can you really get by comfortably on 30-35k a year as a single guy?
>>
>>38010783
A sticky would be a good addition to concrete this as a true general. Other than that I wouldn't change a thing about this thread, it's nice to throw your day on the table and discuss it with likeminded people
>>
>>38011060
Dude, you can get by on far less.

30k would be comfy level for a single man. Although there are minimalist that work less than 40 hours a week and get by on even less.
>>
>>38010783
Not sure, but I like the way the original post approaches MGTOW rather than just stating it, which is why there's probably not as much /pol/ and anti-/pol/ fighting
Resources would be good but it should be kept kind of inclusive so recluses in cabins in the woods and recluses in a city apartment can come together.
>>
>>38011141

The thing is, though, if you're only making, say, 20,000 a year, you would have to live with... uhh... I mean, I don't want to live in a "diverse" part of town, if you know what I mean. I'd like an apartment where I don't have to fear some crackhead breaking into my car.
>>
File: 1497921768682.jpg (134KB, 1056x587px) Image search: [Google]
1497921768682.jpg
134KB, 1056x587px
We can enjoy fresh culture and live in the middle of nowhere thanks to this site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAExa9P7hME
>>
>>38011158
You can live in a decent part of town with a low income (30k and below). You would just have to go with a studio apartment or 1-bedroom (or have a roommate)
>>
>>38011158
I thoroughly enjoyed reading "diverse".
>>
Updated OP.

Will start adding resources.

Welcome!

This is a general thread for all loners/introverts/minimalist or those interested in a more reclusive life style to maximize freedom, knowledge and pleasure.

I've made this thread for recluses to connect and talk without the general negativity of r9k. In this thread we don't care about your lack of social lives or why you think women are awful (although dating discussion is acceptable).

So, introduce yourself, your thoughts and how your day is going! By the way, did you know...

>Small Trailers/Apartments are within reach?
>You can live on 30k a year or even less?
>Security, Manufacturing and Restaurant jobs
>Pay decently AND have minimal authority?
>You can contribute to your retirement now?
>Fitness at home is extremely inexpensive?
>The Internet offers mass knowledge for free?
>Confidence is more important than looks/money?

>Plenty of Money, Plenty of Time
>>
>>38011511
Resources:
Free Resources:
https://www.zillow.com/ (Housing)
https://www.indeed.com/ (Jobs)
http://scoobysworkshop.com (Fitness)
https://www.daveramsey.com/ (Money)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYCFjyDOKF0 (Women)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ckq5rNTA_o (Women)
>>
>>38009945
>wake up in 7 am
>go to work
>go back in 5 pm
>shower and go to bed
>browse 4chens till 1 am
>sleep
>repeat
>>
In the coming few years il get three houses in inheritance. Il sell two and live in one with no morgage or massive bills. Two are located in the city and the others in the country. I reckon il scoop up the country one and sell the city one as the price of land their is huge.
>>
Is this sort of thing impossible in Britain? Would I have to look for something in Scotland?
>>
I dunno if I'm too late to post here, but here's my plan:
>Get a well paying job at a garden centre or some place like that (already applied for one)
>Save enough money to buy a house in a nice quiet beachside town that I know and visit a lot
>Once moved in and made the place very comfy, maybe add someone to talk to (a cat or a dog, fuck humans)
>Live a happy life, be an uncle to my brother's kids, die fulfilled.
Idk I would be very very happy like this.
>>
File: post pepe 4.jpg (476KB, 1920x1087px) Image search: [Google]
post pepe 4.jpg
476KB, 1920x1087px
>>38009945
>tfw removed all of steam friends, high school friends and family on facebook and even disconnected from them
and i am also considering on deleting my reaction image folder to stop interacting with others on 4chan
>>
>>38009945
Wouldn't have minded a bigger version of the pic OP.
>>
>>38012376
I don't see why you would, nothing you say here matters. Unless you just want to lurk I guess?
>>
>>38011818
Garden center will only get you wo far, look into college youngin
>>
>>38011511
>>38011586
Hell yeah OP, great conversation openers too. This kind of thread can really work
>>
>>38013928
I can only guess they're tired of the cesspool around here.
Sure it's great to find something nice every once in forever, but the amount of shit you have to dig through in order to find good posts or anons is truly agonizing.
>>
File: 1496670236695.png (11KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
1496670236695.png
11KB, 112x112px
>tfw society is coming down on me to get a job

its over bros
>>
>>38014015
I agree, the amount of racebait/cuckbait, "fembot" larping, muh gf, hug your family, succubi worship threads is way too high. This board is practically unusable.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.