[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Souls is Life

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: Chosen_undead.png (293KB, 405x540px) Image search: [Google]
Chosen_undead.png
293KB, 405x540px
I've realized that we really gotta stop being so hard on ourselves. A lot of the negative experiences that have shaped our view of ourselves and our assumptions about our potential happened when we were at our absolute dumbest and weakest. Life is like dark souls, of course you suck and die over and over again in the beginning, but over time you learn the ropes and get better and better, especially in the areas you have more experience in. Naturally the new areas bring new challenges, but by then you know that all it takes is persistence to overcome. And yeah some people were lucky enough to have a guide or chose a better build, but even the deprived find their way eventually.

These type of motivational threads really aren't my thing, but it really hit me today how silly it is to let the events that happened when I was at my worst effect me so much today.
>>
>>38007558
>but by then you know that all it takes is persistence to overcome.
That's not how life works. That's not how any of it works.
>>
File: Dark_037789_5452915[1].jpg (28KB, 525x459px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_037789_5452915[1].jpg
28KB, 525x459px
>>38007558

>Persistence

Alternatively if you blow cock you'll just be stuck at Sen's Fortress forever
>>
File: FatKnight.jpg (41KB, 650x385px) Image search: [Google]
FatKnight.jpg
41KB, 650x385px
>>38007671
Sens fortress was the best area in DS1.
>>
>>38007558

SO the best way to do good in life is to dodge everything? Got it !
>>
>>38007671

OP here. I'm ashamed to admit it but I gave up at sens fortress, but at the point it just wasn't even fun anymore. But I also think I missed out on a lot of good experiences because I wasn't willing to thug it out.
>>
>>38007974
Im guessing you saw that "How dark souls helped me with depression" video
>>
>>38007974
>>38007558
git gud you filthy fucking casual you know nothing
sens is the best and funnest part
>>
>>38008025

No, just making a comparison.

>>38008083

I was already a depressed mes when I played it, I just didn't have the will to struggle through challenging games. I did end up finishing 2 though.
>>
File: IMG_1299.png (122KB, 280x291px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1299.png
122KB, 280x291px
> Life is like Dark Souls
> Never finished a Souls game
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (46KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
46KB, 480x360px
>>38007772

If we include the DLC I thought Oolacile was the best, imo. The Abyss is one of DS's coolest concepts and the Artorias boss fight is second to none
>>
>>38007558

Ok, honestly it might sounds ''''''cringy'''' or whatever, but whenever something bad happens to me IRL (girl rejects me or something like that) I sit down and dont leave my room until I finish the first Dark Souls (no online gameplay) At the end of the run I'll feel rewarded and well... Its good therapy honestly. Dark Souls really helps sometimes
>>
>>38007974
You literally can't talk about persisting in this game until you've beaten S&O.
>>
>>38007772
funny way to spell ash lake
>>
>>38007558
>hideous aged decaying body screaming at you in pain by time you "know the ropes"
You almost had me
>>
>>38008204

I completed 2. Don't get me wrong, I'm not some life cuck who says you should just barrel through life even if you don't find anything remotely enjoyable about it, I legitimately had 0 fun in sens fortress, and this after struggling through the catacombs after going in relatively underprepared and I made blight town my bitch, didn't die once.

I'm just saying give life a second look, don't base everything off of the fuckups your weakast self made.
>>
>>38008280
I remember those fucks it took me agood 25-50 times to beat them
>>
>>38008280

Let me guess, I lose 500 times then I win? Wow spoiler alert.
>>
>>38008367
Yes, that's called persistence. Dumbass
>>
>>38008390
You're probably going to regret wasting so much time on persistence
>>
Kinda late figuring out Dark Souls is a metaphor for life but good job anon! You are contragulations!!1!
>>
File: latest[2].png (778KB, 629x996px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].png
778KB, 629x996px
>>38008280

Eh. Pic related was tougher as far as From bosses go. Hated this fucker. Took me so many gos.
>>
>>38008264
I know how you feel. Dark Souls and Silent Hill 2 are my "bad mood" video games.
>>38008429
I don't, actually. Dark Souls is easily one of my favorite games, and i can run through it pretty easily these days.
>>
>>38008460

The dark souls part I just sorta added on, but its mostly that I noticed that a lot of us suffer from past regret and our view of the world has been negatively effected by events that unfolded when we were very inexperienced, and if we don't down these negative beliefs we will never live up to our potential.
>>
Experience xD is such a meme. Too much experience is what turns you into a fucking mess.
>>
>>38008484
Each game got progressively harder, but at launch O&S were the shit stomping kings.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.