[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post your issues here. >avoidant personality disorder

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 12

File: IMG_1895.jpg (43KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1895.jpg
43KB, 300x250px
Post your issues here.
>avoidant personality disorder
>>
>>38006865
>ADHD, didnt get bad untill high school
>>
File: jesus-being-beaten1.jpg (75KB, 479x268px) Image search: [Google]
jesus-being-beaten1.jpg
75KB, 479x268px
victim-personality

don't make fun of me or i'll cry. I blame my christian upbringing.
>>
>probably autistic
>toxic family
>>
>>38006865
don't label yourself with avoidant personality disorder. Telling yourself that you have a mental disorder will only keep you stuck in that state. You're just very shy.

There's no difference between shyness, social anxiety, and avoidant personality disorder. They're all the same thing, they just vary in degrees of severity. But the ways to improve remain the same for all 3 of those things.

Just like how being overweight and being obese is the same thing, one is just more severe than the other. But the methods to improve those two things is exactly the same.
>>
>>38006865
Compulsive liar, low self-esteem.
>>
>>38006897
>ADHD
and no medication is helping me foucs
>bulging disc
and I cant fell my back.
>>
At least these mental issues can be cured. There's no cure to being a manlet.
>>
>>38007030
>borderline and avoidant

That's a crazy combo, and I think I might have both of those too
>>
>>38006865
Social and mental issues, AVPD-like but never diagnosed. Alcoholic for the last four years. Lost my drivers license over DUI.

I've been on anxiety meds for a couple of years now. Last year I finally got the courage to start looking for a partner via the internuts (4chan), and I scored a boyfriend.

Went to see him IRL. He has some issues too, but he is such a great person, physically and mentally. Beautiful, slim body, good-looking in every way..

He dumped me. Can't blame him. I have never been happier in my life though. He was so beautiful and made me enjoy anime for the first time in a decade.

I miss you so fucking much, V. It hurts to be without you.
>>
File: 1446861033504.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1446861033504.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>38007120
Compensate it in some way.
>>
I've had depression for a while now and recently it has gotten worse. I feel like I need love from someone and even when I do I feel like it isn't enough. My emotions and life has slowly been deteriorating and I don't know how to talk to anybody about it.
h e l p
>>
>>38006865
>multiple personality disorder
>depression
>>
I work at a grocery store and there was once a puddle of blood on the floor.

My manager asked me to get the mop while pointing at the puddle, and I told him the puddle was not a mop. I was thinking too literally and had trouble understanding what he meant. Is there a word for that?
>>
>>38007530
The word is autism
>>
File: the death.jpg (60KB, 517x676px) Image search: [Google]
the death.jpg
60KB, 517x676px
>>38007530
you're just being a smartass in a passive-aggressive way.

i know you didn't "mean" it, but your subconscious took over.
>>
>>38007530
you're overworked
>>
>Social awkwardness
>Social Anxiety
>Lack of Social skills
>Even if i take risks i Don't make good worthwhile conversations and it always comes off as awkward
>Always nuke my relationships with other people without thinking it over.
>>
Ocd , anxiety and paranoid probs autistic too scared to get tested
>>
I'm starting to fall for my oneitis and she's leaving in 2 weeks.
I haven't felt like this in years, I fucking hate it.
>>
>>38006865
> Major Depression
> Sociopath
>>
File: 1498565249072.jpg (79KB, 874x684px) Image search: [Google]
1498565249072.jpg
79KB, 874x684px
>poor
>poorly educated
>lazy
>stupid
>no motivation to improve myself, even when I motivated, still too retarded to understand the basic concept of the subject I'm trying to learn
>short term memory
>attention seeker
>>
>>38007073
This. Being in negative environments also greatly affects the way you function. Stop labeling yourselves with meme disorders. Stop taking drugs because you think you "have" shit that you can't do anything about.

>boo hoo it's not that easy muh fee fees

Fuck off and take responsibility for yourself.
>>
i just can't bring myself to be near other people, i feel like i'm not good enough to coexist with them and i just want to hide in my room and never be seen again but at the same time i long for social contact even though it makes me uncomfortable
>>
>>38007686
>JUST PICK YOURSELF UP BY YOUR BOOTSTRAPS etc
>>
>Bipolar 1 disorder
>pure o OCD
>anorexia
>depersonalization derealization disorder
>>
>Borderline
>PTSD
>Anorexia
lately though i've been seeing shit and hearing shit and i'm worried something else is wrong with me
>>
>social anxiety
>anger issues
>engage in self harm
>probably an alcoholic
>fantasize about different ways to kill myself daily
>>
RETROACTIVE JEALOUSY
>>
>diagnosed but untreated major depression
>addiction
>>
File: naruto-chapter-653-pic1.jpg (31KB, 446x243px) Image search: [Google]
naruto-chapter-653-pic1.jpg
31KB, 446x243px
Low self-esteem narcissistic with severe anxiety disorder to the extent of paranoia which only worsens my depression. Im also showing symptoms of possible schizophrenia
>>
inb4 narcissistic personality disorder
>>
File: 1498576136426.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1498576136426.png
32KB, 640x400px
>depression
>mild autism
>anger issues
>self harm
>attempted suicide multiple times
>untreated, no professional help
>>
>>38008060
>Low self-esteem narcissistic

I suspect this is me as well.

Shy/Covert Narcissism is hell.
>>
File: 1431409140668.png (329KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
1431409140668.png
329KB, 555x555px
ptsd from getting raepd and schizoid personality disorder

i've been coping with DXM and I thin I lost like 15 IQ points
>>
File: AMP_Worship_shirt.jpg (133KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
AMP_Worship_shirt.jpg
133KB, 750x1000px
>>38006865
i recently found out that one of my close family members was molesting my sister and and i dont feel anything. i literally dont give a shit like i really want to but it just dosent matter to me is there something wrong with me? i have had some of the best memories of my childhood with that person and now its probably going to prison and i dont feel anything its as if nothing happened.
>>
>>38006865
>medically
Nothing. Maybe used to be a sperg. But now i am relatively fine
>how i feel
I feel that i am stuck in life. I am a failure of a human being. I cannot get a job in this economy (not in the US). I cannot have a good social life, i cannot interact nor do what i want with my life. I feel out of control and that i cannot be an actual adult.
>>
all the homeworks that are bombarded by university, have no capability to write any academic papers, feel like killing myself
>>
>>38006865

Every time I take a shit, the bowl fills with bright red blood. It doesn't even hurt.
>>
>>38007073
>You're just very shy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEJuKY_APIk#t=43s
>>
>>38007030
>borderline avoident
Curious how these two interact with each other when comorbid. Been interested in these two for a while now and found relatable bits in both of them
>>
>>38008265
Look, I get it.

I've suffered from severe shyness, or social anxiety, or whatever you want to call it, for over a decade. It's varied in intensity over that time period.

But the times when it was the least bothersome was when I stopped focusing on it so much and just said "fuck it". The more you tell yourself that you have social anxiety, the more you are going to act like a person with social anxiety.

I get the struggle. I really, really do. Believe me. But the majority of it is in your head. When you put a negative label on yourself, you're doomed. When you just let go and stop giving a fuck, it gets better, gradually of course.
>>
>>38006865
>too cowardly to kms
>>
>>38008346
Not that guy. But I suspect that I have both.

I'm shy. Have no relationships because I avoid them because I'm scared of getting hurt. I have severe anger issues. I punch myself in the face repeatedly when I get angry, to the point of bruising. My self image and my moods change about a dozen times a day, depending on what happens to me. And I'm an alcoholic.
>>
>>38008424
>reddit spacing
opinion discarded
>>
>>38008586
I don't browse reddit. I just don't like to post gigantic walls of text.
>>
>>38008424
what. do you even know what avpd actually constitutes? shyness makes up avpd as much as pepperoni or olives make a pizza. there's many more, and often worse, factors at play. even when i say "fuck it", or drug myself to that state, i still have all the other factors at play. i just seem less fucked to other people because shyness is one of the few symptoms that is noticeable by others' observation

the shyness is actually the least damning part of it, because i do enjoy having alone time. it's that shyness and self isolation helps propagate and worsen the other factors, while being the only parts of it that other people can notice, without you needing to explicitly tell them about it
>>
>>38006865
>crippling anxiety
>every time a person likes me I feel like I did something wrong
>would kill myself but I love my family to much
>>
>>38008739
Dude, I can tell you that 9 out of 10 psychiatrists would probably diagnose me with AVPD (amongst other things)

But at the end of the day, as much as it sucks, it's not a death sentence. I have had periods of extreme satisfaction with my life in spite of my shyness, or social anxiety, or AVPD, or whatever you want to label it as.

Just because you're a bit fucked in the head, doesn't mean you can't live a happy, fulfilling, successful life. In fact, the people who make big impacts on the world are usually the ones who are psychologically damaged. The average people who lived normal lives usually have mediocre accomplishments.
>>
how do i post my tissues?
>>
DePersonalization
Severe Depression
Gender Dysphoria

just take me now God I'm ready
>>
>>38009189
>Just because you're a bit fucked in the head, doesn't mean you can't live a happy, fulfilling, successful life

I won't argue with this, but it's definitely a negative modifier on whatever you attempt to achieve that happiness, and people have limits

>In fact, the people who make big impacts on the world are usually the ones who are psychologically damaged.

This is a strong confirmation bias, though. We often only know of those people because they either got the means to promote awareness & give tales of "it'll be alright!", or someone that sympathizes with (or likelier, has) their condition, lauds them for their achievements. These people are placed higher than those with similar achievements (but without the conditions) as they reached those goals with adversity working against them. Even then, what of all the people that have died as a consequence of their mental illness(es), only to have their premature death skyrocket their perceived success and/or popularity

You know why we don't hear about the others? Because they're the 50 something year olds whose body decomposed for a week before being found via the smell because they haven't talked to their family in years. The people that withdrew themselves their whole life, out of the fear that they would make others' lives worse simply by associating with them. The folks that never shared their works due to worries of ridicule & feelings of inferiority. We don't know about them because they're the "nice, but quiet" folks that rarely, if ever, went out of their way to socialize with others.

Personality disorders are awful to treat and take years of dedicated effort, therapy, and cooperation from the patient, to overcome. Many therapists aren't equipped to deal with it, and some regard the disorders as essentially untreatable. It isn't a death sentence, but it's something many have to live with, only able to try their best to mitigate the worst of it
>>
>Depression
>anxiety
21 and havent told anyone because i dont want to be a burdern.
>>
I'm having difficulty with my sexual identity.

I like women, but I find cocks arousing.
>I'm a guy btw ;)
>>
>>38009842
Yes, you made some very good points there.

I guess that all I'm saying is do the best with the hand you're dealt. There will always be someone better off than you and someone worse off than you.

Life isn't fair, but you can still get a fun ride out of it.
>>
>>38009983
It's called bi?
Dicks are great but most guys are too protective of their masculinity to ever consider utilizing one other than their own.
>>
>>38010110
I'm not attracted to men, just cocks.
I'm also attracted to balloons.
>>
File: 1383615311936.png (1012KB, 1188x900px) Image search: [Google]
1383615311936.png
1012KB, 1188x900px
I'm just a loser. Must radiate it somehow, because I seem to be undesireable in all areas, at least before people get to know me (and even then, never desire me romantically).
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.