[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just do your thing guys :)

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: cancerous platitudes.png (724KB, 665x736px) Image search: [Google]
cancerous platitudes.png
724KB, 665x736px
>17,300 (seventeen thousand, three hundred) people upvoted this
>Normalfags actually believe this
Is there really any hope, /r9k/?
>>
>everyone is an example
>no one chases

Got the ol' gears a turnin
>>
It sounds very reasonable. Give one (1) argument against it.
>>
>>38006550
>The people who belong in your life will come find you and stay.
It doesn't work that way, hun. If you want anything, you'll have to put out some form of effort.

Honestly, that if even more normie than "just b ur self xD".
>>
File: b urself.png (76KB, 365x91px) Image search: [Google]
b urself.png
76KB, 365x91px
>>38006592
>it literally says 'be yourself'
>>
It's good advice, but it doesn't mean you actually WILL find social success

But normies are self-centered so most of them ironically won't even take this advice to heart, instead still trying to convince people they're something they're not because of their need for gratification
>>
>>38006583
If everyone followed this advice then the human race would die out so I guess you're right
>>
File: tellmewhy.jpg (7KB, 236x238px) Image search: [Google]
tellmewhy.jpg
7KB, 236x238px
>>38006550
what does any of that shit even mean
also
>just be yourself
i wish all normies would fucking die
>>
File: Kenji.png (102KB, 384x600px) Image search: [Google]
Kenji.png
102KB, 384x600px
>>38006610
Well, I guess I'm blind then. Legally anyway.
>>
>>38006583
>All follow.
>No one chases.

Also conflicts with the normie advice of fight for what you want.

So what do I do? Fight for it or wait for it to come to me?

It's shit advice. It's just another iteration of 'ur special x u deserve the best because UR special xxx'
>>
File: 1488292797133.png (10KB, 335x293px) Image search: [Google]
1488292797133.png
10KB, 335x293px
still waiting on that epiphany that every normal person has had that makes them normal
>>
>>38006550
Well of course. "Be yourself" is the phrase that resonates deeply with normies.

Like it's not a bad statement to live by, as in don't put on a fake persona and set of interests just so you don't scare people off with your weirdness. Own it and stop giving a shit about people that only seek to insult those different from what they consider "normal".

But I digress, "just be yourself" is also the stupidest advice one can give to succeed. What else am I supposed to do, I've been being myself since I was born. It's a loaded answer making the assumption that you've been pretending all along or something, and it couldn't be farther from the truth.

Normies are fucking braindead I swear.
>>
>>38006550
Normos will upvote any string of "inspirational" text, this isn't news.
>>
File: pepe puppet.jpg (107KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pepe puppet.jpg
107KB, 1000x1000px
>>38006749
>>38006733
The reason that normalfag advice is shitty, vague, and ever changing is because they themselves have no idea what makes them successful since they've been intuitively doing these things for their whole life thanks to genetics and environmental factors (upbringing, genetics affecting upbringing).

Normies don't know how to communicate these things, and it's alien to them that there exists people who can't comprehend how to behave socially or intimately. It's like if an amateur asked Michael Phelps how to swim faster. He could tell you which strokes are more efficient and which exercises to do, but there's still a massive disconnect in genetics and intuition between you and an Olympic gold medalist that no amount of 'just swim faster bro xD' could ever bridge the gap between.
>>
>>38006550
This falls in the large category of individualist advice. If all the people writing self-help and wisdom books could actually give time to actually help someone, the world would be a better place. Problem is, by helping someone, you can't get rich, while when you write the gazillionth book about how free-will really exists and anyone can make it if they work hard, you'll always find thousands to buy the book and you can get rich. If I was King, advice would be forbidden.
>>
>>38006550
>just be yourself
>it will work out
Honestly fucking infuriated me to read that bullshit when I was scrolling the page.
>>
>>38006901
This. Most advice is pure priviledge.
>>
>>38006550
>"figure your own shit out"
>"uncool people stay away from me"
>"have you heard about bootstraps? let me tell you about them"
now with extra motivational condescension
>>
>>38006550
>unironically says 'b urself XDD'
At this point I think normans are just trolling us
>>
They don't mean "be yourself", they mean be like everyone else. You have to act normal, and normal is dictated by the masses and culture as a whole. Stand in line and you'll likely be successful, if not then you just didn't try hard enough.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.