[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Renting a room in my house

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 7

File: 1491030506760.jpg (162KB, 844x939px) Image search: [Google]
1491030506760.jpg
162KB, 844x939px
I'm renting out a room in my house to a single mom who's been struggling with money for some extra cash on the side since that room is completely unused. She lives here with her daughter and has usually been consistent with her rent albeit slightly late at times.

She missed 1 months rent and I was pretty lenient about it, if she continues paying on time for the subsequent months I can look over 1 month until she has the money but I let her know if she misses 2 months I'll begin the eviction process.

She hasn't paid her rent again. She told me she's been struggling with work and got a pay cut and is trying to find a second job. She was willing to give me half of this months rent but I rejected it for the time being and told her I only accept rent in full. She gave me the full sob story and pleaded with me not to kick her out because it's really hard to find a decently priced place around here and she has a child.

I'm not a heartless bastard, I don't want to throw a mother and her child in the street but at the same time I don't enjoy being taken advantage of. What should I do here? I'm trying to think of a compromise.
>>
You can make her do menial chores for half the rent. Cooking/cleaning/yard work etc. I think that's fair.
>>
She's cucking you. You better get rid of her before she gets too settled in. Kick her out now and save the trouble if you kick her out when she get to know your family and your friend she she'll turn them against you when eviction time inevitably comes.
>>
>>37998567
First up look up your local laws on renting. If you attempt something like cutting their electricity or water you could get sued.

Second, try looking for another place for them to move out. They never do it themselves.
>>
>>37998567
How good of a person is she? Is she honest and sincere or a normalfag slut that is just blowing off her money at parties and shit?
>>
Force your dick on her and her daughter. Problem solved.
>>
>>37998622
This
Origamipostrami
>>
>>37998622
>eating food from strangers
never do this she could be shit at cooking or housework.
money is better
>>
>>37998667
this is the best option but only if you are a good judge of character

if you aren't or you just cant be sure, take no chances and kick her out. most likely shes a single mother for the same reason she cant pay your rent
>>
>>37998567
How much are you renting for Op?
>>
>>37998667
this

if she's honest then i'd give her another week or two. otherwise start the process
>>
>>37998567
She must know that it isn't fair to live two months at your place without paying rent. And the fact that you're having to chase her up seems a bit fishy to me
>>
>>37998567
Tell her to go to the plasma bank and donate for cash there. She can get up to 250$ a month. If she declines then kick her out because that just confirms she's a leech.
>>
>>37998622
Eh, maybe. I don't have that much to do around here honestly, I keep the place pretty much in perfect order.

>>37998658
She's been here for well over a year, she's pretty settled in. Anyway I can't just throw her out immediately, I can let her know I'm going to in the near future though.

>>37998667
She's a pleasant person. She's not some party animal, she works then comes home and doesn't do much else. She seems like an honest person to me, I don't have any reason to believe she's lying about her situation.

>>37998756
$450. Includes utilities, cable TV, her own bathroom, use of my kitchen and living room. I also put a mini-fridge in her room for her own use.
>>
File: 1484957187675.jpg (139KB, 600x404px) Image search: [Google]
1484957187675.jpg
139KB, 600x404px
Either go full hentai landlord and get a blowjob anytime you want until she pays her rent or give her 3 weeks to make a month payment, never let a tenant go over 2 months unpaid rent
>>
>>37998989
you don't know how much courage takes to ask for that.
>>
>>37998970
If she's actually a nice person, you should be more lenient. Just sit down with her and talk about ways to improve the situation. Maybe help her find a better job, or offer to babysit her daughter if she trusts you. I don't know if you can but removing her cable to cut costs sounds like a good idea. Just have an honest one on one with her and try not to upset her too much or else she won't take you seriously and freak out or something. This is assuming your sense of judgement is good and she really is a nice person.
>>
>>37999026
It's also a good way for her to blackmail you into living rent free.
>>
>>37998970
That's a pretty good deal for her, she doesn't deserve to live there if she's got such a good situation and she's ruining it.
>>
If she works all day how can she not afford a single room?
>>
>>37999126
Assuming she doesn't have to drive everywhere (which does get expensive especially at the lower end of the income bracket where people are driving fucked up cars which have bad MPG and frequently need repair)
She may send her daughter to private school, her former partner may have found a way to alimony the shit out of her (if it was a same sex relationship or if it's a guy with a disability) or there may be some unknown medical expenses.
Other than those I can't really think of anything legitimate that could hinder her that badly monetarily. $450 is cheap as shit even at federal minimum wage. At $8.50 an hour she should easily earn $1000 a month and $550 should be more than enough to cover food and public transportation
>>
>>37999064
There's not much I can do to reduce her cost. That cable box barely costs me anything to be in there so it'd be tiny. Also I'm not babysitting her kid, I'm not that nice.

>>37999126
Well this woman isn't exactly educated so she gets paid little. I don't really know her expenses because it's none of my business, I know her child is in day care because she's obviously not around to look after them most of the time and I'm certainly not doing that. She still has to buy her own food and bills like her cell phone probably don't help.
>>
>>37998567
>renting rooms
>single-mother

It's all your fault, OP, you could have earned money through a much better and fulfilling way, get ready to be sued out of your home now should you not mollycoddle her and her children.
>>
>>37998567
Ask her to give you the puss
>>
>>37999272
If her daughter is in day care and she has to travel places then that adds up quick, I can see why she would struggle.
>>
Having children is fucking expensive, news at 10.
>>
File: 1498505970985.jpg (48KB, 488x668px) Image search: [Google]
1498505970985.jpg
48KB, 488x668px
OP, you're only showing leniency because she's a woman. Kick that bitch out with a vengeance.
>>
Your story is giving me erections. Holy shit.
>>
Does she bring men home to fuck?
>>
File: naruto-chapter-653-pic1.jpg (31KB, 446x243px) Image search: [Google]
naruto-chapter-653-pic1.jpg
31KB, 446x243px
Yournlosing profit because she couldnt keep her legs crossed for chad. Now that hes gone the bitch needs his beta provider to help her out. Thats where you come in and start picking up Chads mess and you foolishly show empathy to this person who didnt pick a good person like yourself to start a family.

This isnt your problem youre losing money because of her mistakes and stupidity
>>
>not using her for sex
I'm disappointed.
>>
Make her suck your dick in lieu of rent.
Actually, hold on. That sounds pretty bad.
Let her your suck your dick in lieu of rent. That's a lot nicer.
>>
>>37999885
Sounds stupid.
She is offering you half the rent. Make her sex you up for the other half until said half is paid.
>>
>>38000127
She is poor and likely ugly, I'm not on board with that idea

He should kick her out

It doesn't matter how good of a person she is, there are many good people in the world who pay their rent on time
>>
>>37998567
Be careful what you do. Most jurisdictions have very specific housing legislation that stops you from just throwing people out into the street with violence. Go and talk to citizen's advice or whatever your equivalent is.
>>
>>38000127
If he only takes half she will try to bullshit and lie that she paid that half to begin with.
>>
>>38000144
We've already been over him kicking her out if month 2 goes by with no rent.
Might as well get something out of it till then.
>>
>>38000199
So have her pay in FULL.
Sex holds her over for now while she works up the missing half then she pays in full.
>>
>>37998567
I'd say interest but there's no guarantee of payment. In any case she's been consistent with rent. Let her owe you for 2 months but put a firm foot on the ground by saying it's just this once and that she's gone 3rd month. You could also have her rent reduced via minimum wage by having her do stuff around the house.
>>
File: canadian-milk-bags.jpg (54KB, 500x559px) Image search: [Google]
canadian-milk-bags.jpg
54KB, 500x559px
>>37998567
Make her contact social services for welfare, or do it yourself.

I don't know where you live but in some states/countries/provinces/etc there should be some form of government housing policy regarding single parents who struggle economically. Roof rights to prevent children from becoming homeless etc.

The other option would be to make her compensate through housework, but that could drain energy from her and potentially end up affecting her regular work. Better option would be to help her find a better job that ensures that she will be able to pay the rent on time, even if you have to do the job hunting yourself.

Ignore the dickheads who say you should throw her out or make her suck your dick. Part of being a landlord is to manage your tenants, for both you and their best interest. Babysitting wont benefit them in the long run, and letting things slide is just self abuse. Be firm, and if she doesn't want shape up then you may have to evict her.
>>
>>37998567
>She gave me the full sob story and pleaded with me not to kick her out because it's really hard to find a decently priced place around here and she has a child.
Maybe she should've kept her fucking legs shut then
>>
>>38000284
Absolutely fucking this. This guy gets it.
>>
File: evil kermit.jpg (17KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
evil kermit.jpg
17KB, 800x400px
>>38000284
...orrrrrrr you could ignore this gay shit and just make her suck your dick
>>
>>37998567
I bet she spent that money on chad. Do not let her use you. Give an inch and they will take a mile. If you show her you fell for some fake sob story she will keep doing it.
>>
Other her a lovely old sexy time, if she doesn't go for that, call the police to arrest her.
>>
Why are you all such evil assholes? She's just a mother trying to survive in this world, what if that was your mother? You're all pieces of shit.
>>
>>37998667
>single mother
What the fuck do your think?

Normalfags need to go. Oh and 4chan is not your personal friend for giving advice. There are way too many advice threads. You all need to fuck off
>>
>>38000519
My mother didn't make such shitty decisions, so we never had to mooch off of other people's naivety and kindness like this.
>>
Don't over to her too much high standards, if the time is right just squirt the money on to her
>>
Evict her. Whats the problem? Do you live in some third world shit hole? Welfare wont leave a mother and child in the street.
>>
>>38000360
Thanks plebbit. I really wish I could upvote your post. Your doing gods sir. *tips fedora at le gentle sir

Thanks for noticing my post everyone. Aren't we all great friends here!
>>
>>37998970
>$450. Includes utilities, cable TV, her own bathroom, use of my kitchen and living room. I also put a mini-fridge in her room for her own use.

Where the fuck do you live??? I want 450 or month the cheapest around here is like 800. FUCK new hampshire .
>>
>>37999258
>8.50 an hour
>federal minimum wage

You're retarded.
>>
>>38000519
You need to go back to plebbit

People are much nicer there but it's only because they ate naive and afraid of upsetting anyone.
>>
>>37998567
If I may chime in, do you have a contract written up between you and her? 2 months leniency is generous enough as it is any more than that and you'll be letting her have free reign. Most contracts do not take a person's own circumstances into account and when enforceable, should be followed.
I presume you have sat down with her to discuss options? Try and imagine you were relying on her rent to pay some of the mortgage. Would you manage if she missed one month? Possibly, but two months? I understand you're lenient but there's a line..

Start the eviction process. Tell her it's a 4-5 week process. If she can pay a full month's rent by then you'll remit the eviction. If not you'll have to go ahead with it, child or no.
That said, >>38000284 has some good suggestions
>>
>>38000519
It's okay to be a faggot, this is a safe place.
>>
>>38000519

If she navigated herself into that shitty situation she's more than likely not fit to be a parent. With these people it's rarely "misfortune", but rather a series of stupid decisions, which they should learn an important lesson from, not just get bailed out by the nearest cuck and keep going with their rampage of fail.
>>
We need a picture of her OP. See what we're working with here.
>>
>/r9k/ would throw a mother and her child out in the street for $500
What a bunch of fucks.
>>
>>38001180
so op should let her live there for free then?

she owes OP almost $1000. What do you suggest?
>>
>>38001180
Shes not my mother, so out the door she goes
>>
>>38001206

Coitus for payment, the mother stays out of it ofc.
>>
>>38000519
I don't live in a clown country where people can't afford a fucking rented ROOM while working fulltime, so yeah, to me it seems completely fucking ridiculous that she can't cough up the rent.

She's playing you for a fool, OP. If she had been a man, would you have been this lenient?
>>
>>37998567
topkek thank god i don't live in clapistan
>>
Just set a traps all over the town, whenever she tries to spend money she goes inside a trap for punish that way you get all the money back to you for free
>>
>>38001180
>having sex when you can't afford taking care of yourself, let alone a child
L o L
>>
I've been thinking about renting out a room in my house, it's a 4 bedroom 3 bath room 2,800 square foot house that I live alone in. It has a big pool and is in a nice gated neighborhood. How much do you think I could rent a room for? And what type of person should I look for? I want a female roommate that cooks for me that I pretend is my wife. What rules should I make?;
>>
>>38001530
>lives in a gated community
>looks for a roommate

dude, generally people don't rent rooms in a fucking gated community. Either you can afford to live there, or you can't.
>>
>>38001564
I can afford to live here... I own the home completely. I would just like extra money and female company.
>>
>>38001593
Yes, but it's strange as hell to rent a room in one. It's shifty as hell, like you're looking to murder someone.
Furthermore, if someone can afford to rent a room in a gated community, they can probably rent a whole apartment somewhere else for that price.
>>
>>38001530
What is your job anon?

Can you let me stay in the room pls
>>
>>38001530
You probably won't be able to. Places like that usually have rules against such things.
>>
>>38000284
>spoonfeeding
no dude just ask for the money again if she doesn't pay
OUT!
>>
>>38001643
Yes, but they get to live in a house that would cost around $3,500 a month in rent if they rented it alone for much cheaper. I have never had a roommate, so I would like to see what it is about.
>>
>>38001683
I know my neighborhood has many rules, but you're allowed to rent out your property to others here.
>>
>>37998567
Community housing and welfare exists for a reason anon. Evict here don't let her cuc you let her cuc the state instead suggest her to apply for state assistance and pay you with the money given to her by the state or you will find a paying tenant. You didn't knock up the dumb bitch why are you paying for her room?
>>
>>38001677
I'm an accountant. I lived with my parents for a a while after college so I can save enough money to buy this house in cash. And if you are willing to pay 1,000 a month in rent and half of the utilities you can.
>>
>>38001757
That is a ridiculous price for a room
do you live in sf or something?
>>
>>38001772
No, Florida. Near Tampa. How much should I charge? The house is worth 600k
>>
>>38001870
a room in Toronto that's in decent shape is $600 if in basement $700 if not. Unless you're downtown in a major city that seems high. What's the squre footage of the room?
>>
>>38001180

Why don't you pay her rent then? I'm sure it could be arranged.
>>
>>37998567
lol I hope this is bs
>>
Buy her kid off her as your sex slave.
>>
force her to sell the child if she wants to stay
>>
kek single mothers are worthless
>>
Have sex with her daughter's tight loli snatch.
>>
>>38001729
chiming in late here, but while it may be legal to rent your property, there are different rules for renting parts of the property to multiple tenants. you should check with whoever is in charge of gated community.
>>
>>37998567
>end reading post
>didn't make her suck your dick for half of the rent
>>
>>37999076
That's called a gf, anon
>>
>>37999355
If she makes Jack shit for cash, the state will give her free assistance otherwise full time daycare is like 3500/month
>>
>>37998567
make her suck your dick twice a week
>>
Why is /r9k/ full of sociopaths, pedophiles, and rapists?
>>
>>38004930
If not on arcanine, where are they supposed to hang out?
>>
>>38001870
Look on craigslist at similar rooms for rent and charge a comparable price, the price of a room depends on the location and how nice the place is
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.