[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"GIFTED" / SMART BUT LAZY

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 46

File: 1492678624821.jpg (44KB, 529x502px) Image search: [Google]
1492678624821.jpg
44KB, 529x502px
Be honest, how many of you were considered/consider yourselves "gifted" from a young age? Are you really fucking talented at something or a handful of things? Did straight As come easy to you in school?

Go ahead, brag a little bit. (but this isn't a thread for pseudo-Chads to list off how they have big dicks or whatever.)

Finally, what went wrong for you or what is going wrong for you? Or are you actually doing pretty well, just on here killing time?

Explain yourselves.
>>
I'm lazy because I'm smart. When I was young, everything was easy to me, and because of it, I developed a shitty work ethic. Now the "smartness" matters a lot less, because work ethic wins in the long run.
>>
>bad student but excellent creatively
>now an early-twenties NEET, still good relationship with parents but they look at me and think "wtf are you going to do with your life"
>spent too much time in NEET-land and now an anxious wreck

JUSTed myself pretty badly by dropping out of college, but it was all a part of my plan to unJUST and achieve my goals in my own rebel/special snowflakey way. only I didn't make the right moves creatively and now I'm all fucking anxious and it fucking sucks.
>>
Yeah, I was literally told that by high school teachers because I got better pretest scores than the rest of the school but then didn't do any work.

I have a good memory and I pick things up quickly.
>>
Teachers (and students) always told me how intelligent I was and they made a giant scene when I dropped out. I could never understand them. Just because most people are functioning retards doesnt mean I'm intelligent.
>>
I'm smart but lazy in the right amount. Lazy enough that I'm always motivated by finding the solution that is easiest and the least work. Not so lazy that I drop out of college or that I don't get the work done.
>>
>>37991969

I don't have to explain jackshit to you.

Not only that, but you don't care. Not really.
>>
>>37991969
Back in the 7th grade people used to call me genius. But after that I lost it all.
Other people joined the class and beat me at everything. Lost my niche.
>>
>>37992219
Why do you think I don't care? I obviously cared enough to start a thread about the topic. I'm not gonna go through and respond to every anon because that's corny. My hope was for anons to share stories and see something in each other's posts and respond naturally, like an organic thread type of thing.
>>
my fucked up home life fucked up everything for me. my mom knows this, so she allows me to live with her and split costs.

living with her is crippling socially though. as soon as i finish school i'm gonna try and move out.
>>
I only do things when I have others' expectations. After middle school I had no friends to keep me going. So I got the good grades and the good SAT score but didn't do anything with them because no one else cared and I certainly didn't. Didn't matter anyway because of the social anxiety.
>>
>>37992255
It'd be nice not to be thrown out on the streets with nothing....
>>
Imagine if we all met up after death in a high school to do it over again to make some good memories?
>>
File: D5EF.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
D5EF.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
I still quite consider myself an intellectual compared to the far less superior individuals in my class. Though they are not aware of it i have not yet to care about their thoughts on my intelligents, they are simply not of my concern.
>>
File: yuyu.jpg (125KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
yuyu.jpg
125KB, 1280x720px
when I was a child I was very creative and enthusiastic about learning and life

I don't know when it went wrong but it went incredibly wrong, I am actually stupid now
>>
I was professionally tested with an IQ of 138 as a teenager. In grade school, I had serious problems motivating myself to do my homework, but skated by with Bs (for the most part) due to high test scores. So I was basically "smart but lazy". Despite a lot of effort by my parents, I would just not do homework, or only do it the day it was due during the previous class (and poorly). One time I got a D the first semester of a physics class and hid it from my parents because I was so scared of what would happen if they found out (they found out later anyway, of course).

So anyway, I finally started to get my shit together senior year, maybe because we had more choice on which classes we could take at that point, so I found them more engaging; maybe because I had a greater desire to stop fucking up my academic future. I got into an OK college and turned everything around, doing my work reliably and graduating summa cum laude with a double major in CS and math and a minor in linguistics. I went on to get a PhD in math and now work as a software developer. I have friends and a GF (I was a late bloomer with women too, KV until age 23).
>>
File: 1497105916377.png (158KB, 666x607px) Image search: [Google]
1497105916377.png
158KB, 666x607px
>>37991969
I actually think I'm pretty fucking dumb because my memory is beyond shit and I'm extremely bad with numbers

I've literally never studied a minute in my whole damn life and still ended up at the top of my class throughout school lmao, teachers always kissed my ass heavily because I'm jew-tier good with words irl and I can make shit up on any subject but I'm starting college this fall which will probably obliterate me and I'll end up kms stay tuned
>>
>>37992281
>that image+post combo

sensible jej
>>
YES.
In first grade i'd always be getting ribbons for my reading comprehension and ability to say big words that nobody else could, and aside from being absolute dogshit in math and even crying over me not being able to understand division (happened in 3rd grade), I always maintained a really good vocabulary. Oddly enough I hate reading. But being like this it really pisses me off when people who were in my classes would read at a word per second. I swear I could've recalled some retard pausing to get help to say a word, which was fucking "I". I. Jesus fucking christ these people are stupid. My county had 6th grade reading comprehension apparently from what I've heard. Anyway, im not sure what stopped me from unleashing my potential. I knew I was good with words but even then I was lazy as fuck and was very easily distracted and I also procrastinated heavily. I can go in length on an essay about a topic I like such as politics, but other than that I dont know what went wrong or when.
>>
I think i'm slightly/somewhat smarter than average, but i'm and always were too apathetic
>>
File: 1495960123071.jpg (51KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1495960123071.jpg
51KB, 320x287px
>>37991969
I got a non-meme IQ test from a psychologist that the school requested, apparently my cognitive abilities are pretty high as I have 114 IQ, too bad I also have SPD, my quality of life is pretty shit but at least I can play an instrument and speak two idioms
>>
the smart but lazy meme is the biggest lie perpetuated by people too scared to fail in something if they give it their all
>>
>>37992289
>we've been shitposting alongside PhDs all this time

It's an abstract feel.
>>
>>37991969
I was always shit at math, science, and english until I went into high school. My grades never dropped below a C after that. I was really lazy before but once I got to a certain age, I just felt like becoming more responsible and have been more responsible since. I'm still kind of lazy though and have always been shit at things I wasn't interested in doing. That was also another big problem for me in school. Teachers would assign bullshit filler essays with nothing to gain from writing them and I could never do them because of how bullshit they were. They weren't hard, just stupid.
>>
I used to be a smart over-achiever

depression has rotted my brain and ruined my will to live, but my mom still guilts me and says I'm smart but lazy because she doesn't wanna admit that I'm a fucking retard and a failure
>>
File: 1498318688713.png (117KB, 632x421px) Image search: [Google]
1498318688713.png
117KB, 632x421px
I wasn't smart enough to go on HRT when I had to.
>>
>>37992274
A high school made up only of robots could go either way...
>>
>>37992364
Is that you? You at least have the hips
>>
>>37992374
Na it's someone random
>>
>>37991969
Yeah that pretty much fits me to a T. Knew I was smart miles beyond my fellow students since first grade and I've been hiding it ever since. Was weird enough already you know, developing myself towards the path of "smartass" would have cemented me to a life of isolation, which I ended up at anyways, but I had some semblance of a social life in high school which I wouldn't have had I taken that path.

And yeah the meme is true, a lot of smart gifted people end up being lazy because getting grades takes zero effort. It's not the cause of my life being the way it is now. I have plenty of other shit to point fingers to
>>
>>37992274
>>37992368

While it would probably be an enlightened Ancient Athens type of scenario, there would still emerge a form of hierarchy in which some anons are more popular, some outcast, etc.

It already happens on here with the "cyborg vs. robot" thing. Plus it is obvious that some people on here are genuinely good people, whereas others are just downright rotten and twisted
>>
>>37991969
I was told I'm gifted. Straigh A student in elementary school. Bever learned how to properly study and resented thibgs that didn't cime easily. Fell into depression. Now I just drift along.
>>
File: 1497526793449.jpg (340KB, 800x807px) Image search: [Google]
1497526793449.jpg
340KB, 800x807px
>>37992289
>tfw this will never be you
Good for you, man, honestly
>>
I've always been very type A combined with autismal obsessions. Straight A's came easy but only because of crossover from other shit I did for fun. I have all the debuffs of autism personality wise. Flat affect,low mind reading ability, little drive for empty conversation. I wonder how much isn't just divine intervention or halo effect though. Even in uni I had two classes I knew I failed but still showed up as a B on transcripts. Kind of dumb not taking uni seriously since undergrad the fluff is required. I did rape the shit out of the entrance exam and ACT though. I wish I put more effort on my looks before, it's a very good way to compensate for the autism. If you dress nice and hide behind a professional image while being tall people just assume you're an asshole instead of autist.

I make decent money but I don't care about career. I plan on dropping out and retiring early once I get enough in mutual funds to live off interest indefinitely with a little extra padding in case of illness or injury. The older I get the less shits I give about playing the game.
>>
I was a beta loser in HS but got good grades without trying. Then in college I went full normie mode with gym and dating and bars, got a few girlfriends, happiest days of my life.

Now I'm a year out, friends all moved somewhere, absolutely zero social contact outside of work. Depression setting in more by the day. No more gym, no more going out, at first I refused to slip back into my HS self and went monk mode or cocoon mode. But after about 8 months of self improvement i got burned out. Now I just play video games all day after work. I'm depressed as fuck but I'm sure it's only because of my complete lack of social interaction
>>
>>37992423
>I have plenty of other shit to point fingers to
Sure sounds like you're good at making excuses.
>>
>>37991969
>actually unironically average
>105-100IQ (not an online test, I got >135 on all that online bs, even the online Wechsler one)
>somehow stumble into best highschool in nation through hard work and sheer stupid luck (I memorised only one essay and then that exact topic came out for national exams)
>start failing everything also because meme depression
>pick myself up and put in some effort
>realize I need to study 2-3 hours a day of math to get a decent grade on it
>actual genius friend just needs 3 days before the exam
>downgrade my math to tard level
>try to make something of myself by focusing on one subject
>k it'll be literature because nobody really wants to be teacher, so nobody takes that seriously right
>do well, top in class for lit, get praise heaped onto me for once in my life
>there's only ten or fifteen people (out of 120) better than me in lit, that's not so bad
>put in more effort
>realize I can never beat those ten to fifteen people
>they are on a whole other level
>accept my mediocrity
>get good grades
>go to good but not great college (those top few talented-in-literature people go to oxbridge and shit like that)
>plan to get an good but not great job

At least I never got a superiority complex. It still annoys me to hear duller people quote those online bs tests to say they are geniuses though, and that they simply didnt put in the effort. It's like hearing people say they could have made it to the olympics if they just tried. I've studied with people who got full rides to oxbridge, and I couldn't at all compete, most people just can't
>>
>>37992532
That's interesting anon, what is/was your focus in literature? Do you write?
>>
>>37992049
pretty much this, but i'm still trying to unfuck things.
>>
>>37992571
The ultimate way to unfuck things is to create a endless system of unfucking that ultimately unfucks it's self

fix'd
>>
>>37991969
i won multiple math competitions
had shit grades but never studied and always passed my exams
i am often told i have great accent when i speak english (im not native)
i never took any extra english classes
im decent at drawing and i learned guitar by myself

yet im depressed autist and i find myself doing less and less over the years
had extreme anxiety and wanted to kms ever since I was about 14 (24 now)
my anxiety got a little better though, maybe i could still do something with my life
i still look 18 (or so I am told)
>>
>>37991969
I was always told how clever I was at school, clever but not applying myself, all that shit. I got by with good GCSE's, and then totally failed A levels. I didn't put in any work or turn up to class. After a few years at work I realised that education would help me out a fuckload, and let me make more money, so I went to a shit Uni with basically no entry requirements, and I just graduated with a first. I start work next week, earning more than double what I have ever earned before. I still barely put in any work on the degree, except for panicking and cramming assignments in the last few weeks.
>>
File: 1498136370974.jpg (56KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
1498136370974.jpg
56KB, 722x349px
>>37991969
I used to be the best at my school, had 97% average and lots of awards overall. Because I got the highest score in some placement test, I had the opportunity to take the SAT at 12 years old and to go to college at Johns Hopkins to whatever career I chose. Then the bipolar disorder started to kick in around 7th grade, I lost all my friends, gained 30 kilos and also developed social anxiety. I stopped doing all schoolwork whatsoever and had to change to an easier school. Then I was put on antipsychotics which absolutely fried my brain. Now I'm noticeably slower now and have trouble remembering things.
>>
>>37992570
Victorian literature and shakespearean was the focus in highschool, pretty standard stuff. I'm majoring in marketing now though because I'm planning to sell my soul to corporations for a decent living, but I read postmodern and philosophical stuff in my free time
>>
>>37992602
I don't know why but the same thing happened to a chad in my class. He got straight As in his GCSEs and then failed his A levels.
He repeated his A levels but he never managed to get more then two Es and a U.
He's banging girls in law school now.
>>
>>37991969
I'm pretty good in academics. Not the best, but good. I probably have a pretty high IQ (I'd predict 2 standard deviations above) but other than that, I'm pretty normal.

still khv though.
>>
Not lazy per say. Unmotivated definitely. Still get on well with things

Never really had much opportunity for education. Would learn things of my own accord, they wouldn't amount to much, then I promptly move on to something else. I've wrote a novel. Read hundreds of books, writing a book of poetry at the moment. It will amount to nothing and I'll still be stuck in the same shit job
>>
>>37992609
>now I'm noticeably slower now
Also forgot to mention that I learned to speak when I was 1 (full sentences and could have conversations) which really creeped people out, Learned to read at 3 and alsoI got tested to get into mensa and passed but stupid parents didn't put me in
>>
>>37992245

>Why do you think I don't care?

Just my gut feeling. But if I'm going to come in here and throw salt, I might as well participate.

>>37991969

Highschool was a fucking breeze, I made valedictorian despite missing 3 months of school that year-- But I felt fucking lost, and completely uncertain of everything, I feel like my parents were never able to truly address my needs growing up, I couldn't ask my mom or dad for advice or insight, because it was so fucking generic and uninsightful as to be completely useless, and I think I was an arrogant, smug little prick, I just didn't realize it.

My parents could never give me intellectual or academic support, but they loved me as best they could and I tip my fucking hat to them for doing a bang-up job of that.

I took two years for a summer vacation, after I graduated and went straight to uni.

Where I completely lost my shit. I had never lived in a big city, alone. I had never really dated or interacted in more metropolitan groups (small town) I had never been truly alone, in an alien and indifferent place. It proved to be a challenge, but I was still doing good.

Then my first GF broke up with me and started dating my good friend at the time (fucking ratbastard) That fucking hurt. I started skipping classes-- except that's a retard idea. My grades slid, and with no-one to turn to, I failed. Funny thing is, I'm extremely competent in most things, but failure to do it perfectly hits me hard.

Therefore, I was crushed. Like never went to university or dated for years after.

I failed because I'm brilliant but unstable. But now I operate cranes and heavy equipment. One day for shits and giggles I want to go back for a degree in comparative literature. ( I was reading at an college level by 12-13 years old) But I'm scared. Scared to fail. and smart enough to not be able to justify the cost, when I can read literature at home.

I think my laziness was just cowardice in disguise.
>>
>>37992642
I just didn't give a fuck about education, I don't think I was/am smart because I literally never gave any thought to what I was gonna do after school. I sort of blame the mentality I grew up with, my dad is a self made millionaire, born on a council estate and he always said how useless school is, so I echoed that sentiment. Until I realised that is it bullshit, at around the age of 21. By then I had already fucked up everything, except my half decent GCSE's and my few AS levels got me onto the degree. But everyone on the degree heaped praise on me, telling me how great and smart I am, and I always was top of the class in exams, though I partially blame that on the shit entry grades, it wasn't a class of geniuses. Still, fuck it, I'm good with numbers and pick things up quick, hopefully I can make a ton of money from it
>>
>>37992631
Also forgot to mention- yeah I write, but I've never produced anything I consider of worthy quality to publish. I already have high expectations of actual established authors, so my expectations of myself are pretty skyhigh unrealistic.

If I had to write for a living, I could always churn out short stories of ok quality but which cater desperately to popular tastes- but I'm not planning on that now. If you are willing to put in the hard work though, a few people make 3k a month off those types of online stories.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170627-130310.png (659KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170627-130310.png
659KB, 1080x1920px
I'm average intelligence
I'm not aesthetically pleasing
I'm 5'11 = average
I have a bad drive under most circumstances
I don't have any natural gifts
I am a tad witty and can manage a relationship if I get in one(this was developed not gifted)
I have crippling anxiety and a fear of intimacy which disables me from getting in relationships
I'm pretty lanky so my average height doesn't do me any good at this moment.
I generally dislike all women and have a deep sense of bitterness towards the idea of gender due to the natural laws that make my life so much harder than if I was living a female one.
I have a disorder which makes me inept and unable to detect social queues, it makes me what you guys would consider a high functioning autist without all the gifts if being an autist.
My memory is really bad too.
>>
>>37992720
People say I'm a genius too. But I'm also in a shitty uni with people that didn't do well in high school.
I'm thinking of switching to medicine because I've improved my high school grades. Maybe I can get in.
My dad also bought a house before 30. He keeps telling me to make money without relying on a degree. That I should set up my own business or something.
>>
File: 1394665644307.jpg (31KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1394665644307.jpg
31KB, 500x500px
>>37991969
>smart as a kid
>don't get challenged by the work
>this leads to me pissing about and not caring cause the stuff is easy
>the other kids eventually catch up to my level
>start doing drugs in high school
>hash, mxe, 6-apb, other research chemicals
>best time of my life since i was a kid
>inevitable crash, depression and lies
>drop out
>eventually finish high school after getting my shit a bit together
>now in uni and trying to recover
>having moderate success
feels weird, man. i feel like my brain has been fried, which it probably has. hopefully i won't drop out of uni.
>>
>>37992720
>>37992631

Neat. I was insane about literature from 19-22. I read all of the classics (all of the Greeks and the stuff worth reading in English literature prior to the 19th century, anyway) and even wrote my own philosophical treatise. This was after having dropped out of my second year of undergrad literature (not some prestigious British shit like you're discussing, it was a large public American university).

I dropped out because of some really bad feuds with professors combined with the fact that I realized I hate literary academia from a philosophical and artistic standpoint.

Now at 23 I just need to train myself to be less episodic about reading/writing and just incorporate these things into my daily life.
>>
>>37992800
You might have reduced your IQ by 20 points.
>>
>>37992272
if i didn't show willpower, she prolly would've thrown me out.
she knows i'm not a waste of a human, life is just difficult.
>>
>>37992671
I don't see the point of a degree for a degree's sake, I always thought education was just about earning more money. I've always thought it was stupid when people go and study History or English or some shit like that, and then go into an office job that they could've got anyway. But anyway there's plenty of stupid people out there, lots of idiots around, I was never happy to glide along at their level. Do you not want to set yourself aside? Prove that you're smarter or better than them? I get that these are shallow motivations, but they worked pretty well for me.
>>
Doing well in school is a pretty terrible indicator of intelligence. It's much better at identifying how good your memory is.
Math: memorize formulas, use them a week later on the test
Science: memorize terms, use them on the test
History: memorize events, use them on the test
I could go on, but I won't. The education system is fucked.
>>
>>37992779
My dad is the "self-made millionaire with a meme degree" type, business is definitely possible if you have the social skills, hard work and willingness to take risks. Most businesses go under within a few years. You don't necessarily need a degree or need to be academically smart to run a successful business, but it needs a kind of sociable, risk-taking and especially resilient personality I myself don't have.

Take it this way- you can always take the risk of running a business after you get your degree. At least the degree (or, in your case, a better degree) gives you something good to fall back on, should your first attempts at business fail.
>>
>>37992779
You can always start a business once you've got a degree, just be wary, keep it as small as possible at first, until you grow your customer base. By that I mean reduce your costs, and do as much of it yourself as possible, if it gets to the stage where you need to hire someone else, then consider is it worth hiring more people, or just taking on less work? A lot of businesses fail because they take more staff to deal with demand, demand increases so they take more staff, and they don't realise the payoff for doing more work isn't even as much as the staff are making.
>>
>>37992800
As long as you don't get drug addicted it honestly doesn't matter what you do. Youve be given more than what most people achieve in a lifetime. Embrace it

>>37992812
Definitely not going to pursue any literature study, I feel id end up the same. And im the last person who can afford such a luxury
>>
>>37992827
Have you heard of knowledge for knowledge's sake? It's not idiotic to want to learn more about the world and to improve your critical thinking. Do you really mean making money and appearing to be better than others, are your only motivations? That's how brilliant neurosurgeons like Ben Carson end up believing in grain pyramids and various other wacky ignorant stuff.
>>
>>37992854
Yes, being able to read and write for hours on end while still enjoying the comforts of a contemporary lifestyle is the height of privilege. I was able to NEET it up for a long time because of family but that chapter of my life has come to a close.
>>
I have decent verbal intelligence and I read a lot so people always think I'm smart but in reality I'm a fucking retard.
>>
File: 1498455689791.jpg (31KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1498455689791.jpg
31KB, 320x320px
My only gift was being born white.

Darkskins lose this round
>>
File: 1498445006892.png (486KB, 614x1042px) Image search: [Google]
1498445006892.png
486KB, 614x1042px
>>37991969
From birth up until about 17 years old I thought I was smart but lazy. Then I realised that literally everyone thinks this and accepted that I'm average intelligence and put an average amount of effort into work. It actually feels good.

Pic related. That's what it's like thinking you are "smart but lazy" compared to not thinking like that.
>>
I went to a private school filled with rich kids and I just wanted to fit in so I did a Fuck load of drugs late high school early college. Kinda fucked my head too much. Now I'm a depressive recluse whose been in college for 6-7 years on and off living in my parents basement, to add insult to injury, I've made terrible financial decisions, and I'm $30k in debt.
>>
>>37992814
seems about right. i regret going overboard with the drugs, but it was fucking amazing for the most part. i also do regret what it did to my life and parents
>>37992854
yeah, i dont really think i'll be getting back into drugs. thanks, i will try to make the most of what i have.
>>
>3.8 gpa
>30 on ACT
>People always told me how smart I was
>Ignored them because I didn't know any of them and it made me feel uncomfortable
>Dad taught me how to do algebra before I knew what fractions were
>Super smart dad, god tier engineer
>He was super beta
>Never taught me to talk to girls because he didn't know either
>I decided women weren't worth my time anyway
>Keep telling myself that I could be doing so many more productive things if I didn't have a girlfriend
>idonthavethehurtsjustalittlebit.jpg
>>
>>37992812
I still love literature but agree that the academia has its flaws. I'd say the same for the academia of various other majors too, though. Sometimes it's just about knowing what they want written and handing that to them.

I don't profess to be way smarter than the people who teach me, but sometimes I just have different viewpoints. Maybe they are weaker stances, but I'd rather be able to write those viewpoints, and have them constructively criticized without being penalized. But with certain teachers and professors, writing what you think just gets you flunked and yelled at.
>>
>>37991969

I basically had my parents, teachers, camp counselors, therapists, college professors every adult around me sucking my dick for like twenty years. I think all it honestly did was make me cocky. I actually did used to be intelligent. I could definitely tell I was for the majority of my life.

But, I was a fool in thinking that intelligence isn't very directly related to lifestyle. It's been years since I've been to college. I absolutely will not do any sort of math in my head, I can't anymore. I don't even remember how to properly do something as simple as division on pen and paper anymore. Though, that may not actually be unintelligent because I know its genuinely pointless to know how to do that shit since we all carry around scientific calculators in our pockets at all times.

Aside from math, I pretty much stopped reading entirely. I used to read every night. I haven't read a book in years. Learning and reading has been replaced by 4chan and ten minute youtube videos.
>>
>>37992968

I ran out of characters.

If I'm watching something that doesn't immediately grasp me in less than a minute, I just click off of it and do something else. I can't pay attention to anything anymore. You know how when you read a book, you usually have to trudge through the first fifth of the book assuming that eventually you will become invested once the characters and world has been established and it will pay off? That's pretty much impossible with the way I am now. Its too simple to just click around 4chan/youtube for my simple, instant, commitment free entertainment.

I can't tell the difference between what is and isn't actually intelligent much of the time. By a lot of metrics I'm a failure. I'm 23 years old and I live in my parents basement, I have no friends, I haven't spoken to a girl outside of ones I met on the internet in years, and I don't have a job. Many people would call me a failure. Those comfy NEET posters have a point though, wouldn't you say?
>>
>>37993025
>>37992968

I genuinely can't see the merit in doing things to intentionally make my quality of life worse. I take the path of least resistance. I always have and I always will. Is that lazy or is it intelligent? It has to be one or the other. Maybe it's both. Maybe I am still "lazy but intelligent". I don't know. It isn't as if I can't find a job, I've had over ten jobs, which is more than most people at my age. I've quit every single one of them, I only ever worked one of them for longer than a month. I don't see the point in subjecting myself to such a soul crushing commitment if I don't have to. I still come home to my video games, the internet gives me all the music and movies and entertainment I need. I still have a warm bed at night and all the food and drink I need. So I ask you, what genuine reason is there for me to work?

I could comfortably get by without my parents anytime I needed to. I'm aware of that. I don't have any issue finding employment.
>>
>>37992964
I agree with your whole post.

>Sometimes it's just about knowing what they want written and handing that to them.

That's exactly what it's about, at least at the university I went to. My professors were the biggest identity politickers maybe ever and just wanted that their views mirrored in essay form. So, write the tritest Marxist/feminist/psychoanalytic/whatever essay on the planet and get an A or write something with integrity and ambition and get a C.

Plus, I suspected that my professors were grading me on me instead of my work. Like, "I just plain don't like you, I'm going to give you a C no matter what."

But yes I still love literature
>>
>>37993067
>>37993025
>>37992968

If my parents were truly out of the picture or unwilling to further support me and it came down to keep a job or starve out on the street, I'd simply move over to the next viable path of least resistance. Hold a job, get a humble little apartment and do what I do now, in there. There's nothing stopping me from doing that right now, I just don't see the incentive to do it. It is more unpleasantness than I need to go through.

Now, you could argue that the real incentive comes from not just "getting by" but pushing beyond that and actually succeeding, thriving. Getting jacked. Getting a PhD, being rich, dating the hottest girl you can find and living in a big fancy house. Well, I guess that is where my laziness actually comes in. That is way too much of an uphill climb for me to seriously consider ever doing. Fuck that, it wouldn't be worth it to me even if I did succeed, and success isn't guaranteed even if you spend your entire life busting your ass.
>>
>>37992968
>>37993025
>>37993067
>>37993104

Just like with not being a "loser" and being independent of my parents and surviving on my own, I know there's really nothing stopping me from getting a higher education or a super ripped, sexy body other than the fact that I simply don't feel like it. I don't feel like the incentive is good enough to be worth all that time, effort, and discipline.

I don't really know what the point of my rant has been. I'm just bored and killing time.

Maybe I'm just trying to say that, being lazy might not necessarily be a bad thing. Even if it ends up keeping us from reaching conventional forms of success and prestige. There is genuine merit in saying "fuck society, fuck women, fuck normies, I'm checking out" and just taking the path of least resistance. The only thing I really have to lose is a bit of respect from people I never cared about to begin with and will never interact with anyways because I'm a shut in. It's not so bad to say hakuna mattata.
>>
>>37993102
Yup I agree, the mark of a rare but good teacher is one where you know you could write the most offensive things imaginable, and all s/he will critique is whether it was well-supported by evidence and evaluation. I had such a teacher once, some of my classmates thought they could get by through parroting her notes back at her, blindly agreeing to everything she said in class, but phrased shittily and written sloppily. Unlike the ok grades they got from a previous teacher, they failed.
>>
>>37991969
Bad student but very creative.
So I started to write stories, a lot of people said they're good so I think that's a talent
>>
I *was* good at drawing but with the emergence of drawfags, that's not exactly an uncommon talent anymore. I'm glad, but also feel like I can't compete. I try to draw now and I just can't commit as much as I used to and NEVER can actually come up with an original idea so I just ask someone to suggest some dumb shit.
>>
Everything was extremely easy in school when I was a kid, and even the harder difficulty things they gave to us were too easy. I was considered gifted, but they didn't really push me hard enough to do something with my life. Eventually I developed a habit of not needing to study for anything and having and extremely shitty work ethic.

This fucked me up in the long run.
>>
>be special needs child
>read a lot because other kids are loud and scary
>get in the local news around 98 because at that point I was 7 years old and reading at a high school level
>convince school to let me simply ignore all reading criteria so I just goofed off in middle school
>extend this to other areas too
>when I'm 12 they send me to audit (is that the correct term) college courses
>enjoyed it a lot because I was away from the scary kids
>get a scholarship for said school when I'm 18, unable to meet the normal criteria due to disability but they were able to wring out an exception with the local government
>currently librarian and trying to find someone who can help with my profound autobiographical amnesia--I remember absolutely nothing I just told you directly, I relied on accounts from friends
>seriously I don't know who to approach about this or where
>>
I used to think I was really smart. Once I got older I realized I was just surrounded by stupid fucking people. I was smarter than them but once I got out into the world I realized I wasn't that special. I don't think my lack of success is due to laziness. It's due to the shitty environment I was raised in. I never wanted to be white trash. Yet I was born into that. I still don't act the part but I never had proper guidance growing up so I didn't amount to much.
>>
I just like to kill time on here, everything in my life is basically normal, this board is just comfy. I wouldn't have it any other way and I don't like how people come onto this board and try to shit it up, be respectful of the culture.
>>
I just graduated as one of the top 20 students in a community college class of about 1000 students and I didn't really study at all. I know that community college isn't really that tough but it's weird to me that I'm up so high even though I didn't really try that hard.

also >>37993258
> Eventually I developed a habit of not needing to study for anything and having and extremely shitty work ethic.
This is so true. I got into the habit of working at 2% to get great grades instead of working at 100% to actually learn in depth from studying.
>>
>28
>perfect pitch, good ear for music, pretty handy on the violin
>skipped a year at school
>cruised through high school and college
>full time wagecuck in chosen profession aged 19
>illness progressed, haven't worked for 5 years now
>brain damaged, gut, heart, immune system clusterfuck (suspected mitochondrial disease? dunno, still trying to figure wtf despite so many docs/pills/potions)
>live with folks, on disabilitybux
>lonely and miserable, struggle with conversation now more than ever and mostly withdraw as my mind and body have shut down and stolen the beauty and brilliance of life from me
>would an hero if I couldn't still play music and vidya
>>
>>37992609
>>37992666
We're very similar, anon. I also used to spook people when I was a baby who could have conversations and name complex shapes. My parents love to brag about that. Mental illness seems to be particularly destructive in smart people.
I was also "gifted" physically until a chronic disease fucked up all my chances to succeed at my sport.
>>
>>37992885
I get that it's a thing, and it's as good as any one else's hobbies, just for me personally I only really care to learn stuff if it will make me more money. Especially if I have to pay a shedload of cash to learn that shit. If I wanted to learn history I'd get reading lists from a uni, I wouldn't pay for the degree
>>
File: IMG_1164.jpg (542KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1164.jpg
542KB, 2048x1536px
>fairly smart kid
>bored out my mind at school because it's too easy and start acting up
>go to prestigious private school on scholarship
>made to feel like an outsider by teachers and pupils
>fucking hate it, get myself expelled because my parents didn't want to let me leave.
>mfw headteacher tells me I will never go to university and makes state school sound like American prison
> go to state school to complete high school, no one knows me or speaks to me or cares.
>spend three years teaching myself what I want in school library and ditch half my classes.
>10 years later.jpg
>go to private school reunion
> everyone has job they hate like accountant, lawyer, bank office etc
> I am PhD historian and archaeologist who gets paid to travel to historical sites and has been published in prestigious journal
>show roasties and chads pictures from most beautiful digsites in Greece, turkey, Italy and Spain etc. on phone
>drinks the tears of former tormentors stuck in wageslavery and empty boring lives who have never been anywhere or done anything noteworthy but thought they were hot shit
>feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
fucking everyone is smart but lazy, you know what they call the smart but not lazy ones? just fucking smart
>>
>>37991969
>absolute shit student
>did the absolute minimum all throughout hs >still managed a 3.0
>all my english teachers told me my writing was incredible
>Semi-talented artist and musician

Im bad at maths though so im basically retarded
>>
>Smart kid, parents always wanted me and my bro to be successful. Force me to study on weekends (thought this was normal at the time)
>Skip grade 5
>Start engineering at top uni at 16
>Graduate at my 20th birthday
>Start at big engineering company
>Fastest learning graduate there
>Start designing mansions for top clients after 1 year
>Leave company after 6 years and join my dad's engineering company with my incompetent lazy brother
>Now designing fences and patios and do all the dregs of engineering work
>Can't leave and do interesting work cause my dad's dream is to have a business with his two sons
>My lifetime of learning and getting top of everything is all for naught
>No future. Life is pointless
>On 4chan
>>
>>37991969
Obsessed normies are almost as sad as Yuropoors on /pol/.
B
S
E
S
S
E
D
>>
>>37993947
Yeah i get that, I'm also annoyed by anyone who gets an arts degree and thus gets all shocked/enraged by the reduced job opportunities, as if they didnt see it coming. But I also know quite a few people who got such degrees because they came from rich families and already have some vague corporate job lined up so they might as well as do what they want. Or they go into these degrees knowing what they are going in for, and are content with living on less money. For example, a good number of them unironically want to become teachers, or don't mind taking lesser jobs while in pursuit of some big dream to become an author or historian.

For good universities, there is a signifance difference between getting a uni reading list and majoring in it, but I also understand that to most people, that difference is not worth many grand a year.
>>
Yes, but eventually i realized I had no reason to see myself that way. Fortunately, programming is fucking easy, so I was able to escape NEEThood with minimal effort, but the lack of attenionspan really cucks with me hard.
>>
>>37991969
I had straight A's until I started missing school in 10th grade.
I have always been in gifted class. I've always had a proclivity toward the arts and sciences. And literature.
But I'm schizophrenic so any passion I had is wasted. Nobody will ever take me seriously. All people see when they look at me is a retard with no prospects and I'm turning it into a self-fulfilling prophecy.
>>
File: 1468119428666.jpg (143KB, 597x519px) Image search: [Google]
1468119428666.jpg
143KB, 597x519px
>>37992724
A R E Y O U F U CK I N G M E WTF
>>
>>37992724
>average height
>average intelligence
>high functioning

You have no real problems.
>>
>>37992049
Yeah, pretty much this, i've never really been challenged by school before university, and it was a huge problem for me last year (it's still somewhat of a problem), pretty much i adopted the mindset of "if it can't be finished withing an hour, i'm not gonna do it" I had A in all classes and Bs in chemistry and math.
My parents always nagged me that i was a quitter, that i turn around at the slightest obstacle.
A bit of it has to do with the fact that puberty was a horrible time for me, and my parents also divorced just as it kicked in.
They couldn't have done it earlier, or later, no they had to do it when i was 13.
>>
>>37992049
This. They've done studies and shieet. You spend your formative years coasting, sometimes all the way up to college. Suddenly you have a ton of catching up to do personality wise.

Shit I remember getting top grades for stuff I crapped out in lunch breaks in HS. Can't do that in college (never mind at work).
>>
>>37991969
Nah, A's never came easy to me, the teachers would always assign work I was never interested in. I ended up Half-assing everything. Tried just enough to put myself at a C average. Everyone would always assume I had A's because I was "the smart one." When I showed them my actual transcripts, they had an existential crisis. Feels good being average.
>>
>>37991969
oh, you guys are going to love this
>be army brat for kindergarten, had the intelligence of a brain-damaged dog
>move into civilian world, dad gets divorced and move in with him because he's a legal citizen
>finally learned to read in first grade, so the ball got rolling
>was wierder than the kid that ate paste
>get tested, result: tismo
>cover blown
>once middle school rolls around, autism levels die down enough to integrate into society
>straight a's 6th grade (went to mostly black school, so no suprise)
>get into advanced placement classes and turn into a "c student"
>realize i can coast by on-level classes without doing homework and get the same grade
>by this point what i've learned socially gets me in the edgefag group, but no further
>fucking scrape by highschool because fuck projects
>attempt to get gf, hippie tumblrista but still cute af, so fuck it
>get friendzoned
>decide fuck this
>join the army because my acedemic profile is ruined
>take ASVAB, get an 82 (average is 30)
>they think im some sort of genius
>leave in like a month
welp, i wouldn't say i'm the smartest, but for someone with the 'tism, i'd say i made it pretty far. if the army doesn't work im fucking killing myself, its literally my last fucking option.
>>
>>37991969
I was considered really gifted in certain areas, and still am to an extent. But all that smooth sailing as a kid made me extremely lazy, which in turn has made me fuck up everything in my life later on. Now in my late 20's I've gotten literally nowhere. I'm basically at the same place I was when I was 15. No job, no degree, and my self-confidence is pretty much gone at this point.
>>
>>37991969

That is the most punchable face I've ever seen
>>
>>37991969
I am unironically smart but lazy. I remember in elementary school they wanted to move me up a year or two, but my parents said no because they thought I wouldn't be able to fit in with my older peers. I never really ended up fitting in with anyone anyways. Going to University in September after several years of NEETdom to study physics, wish me luck.
>>
File: cruise face laugh.png (54KB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
cruise face laugh.png
54KB, 300x188px
>>37991969
If you think straight A's mean your smart then... well...
> pic related
>>
>>37992284
same. very stupid. everything dirty
>>
>>37992321
Duh. It's an insecurity like any other
>>
>>37991969
I was considered quite intelligent but didn't find that out until I was an adult. I didn't find school interesting and didn't get good marks because I did absolutely nothing at all. So classic underachiever.
>>
>>37991969
Yes

orkiamo
>>
File: hands.jpg (9KB, 205x249px) Image search: [Google]
hands.jpg
9KB, 205x249px
>>37991969
Top 20% of my class consistently, never got a C or below, took solely AP/Honors classes the first two years of HS and attended college for the second two. Played sports and played as a cellist in several orchestras, including university orchestras, throughout high school. Was the President of two clubs and Vice President of an otherwise solely adult-run nonprofit corporation. Participated in a number of other extracurricular, including military cadet programs. Got a 34 on the ACT.

And, most importantly, I've never seen nor touched a vagina in my life.
>>
>>37991969
this is the best website to kill time and shitpost pretty much ever
>>
>>37992049
This. I made straight A's and barely lifted a finger and pretty much bullshitted my way through highschool. I now have a job as a nurse and it's seriously burning me out.
>>
>award ceremonies for excellence at a young age
> just coasted through school
> gradual decline of grades at each educational step e.g a levels, uni

Not a genius or anything, but the potential was there, I guess...

The worst thing is the hit to my self esteem; that I'm failing while everyone around me succeeds
>>
>>37992293
A+ pic/post combo

Kekd out loud on the train
>>
>Perfect grades til mid high school
>Could play 4 inrtsunments and speak 3 languages by the time I was 15
>Decent social life

Then I realized I was just following the path my parents had set out for me, started getting in big fights with them, got depressed, can't get focused anymore, lost almost all friends and don't even have time for music anymore. It's dead end for me desu
>>
everyone thinks they're special, everything went wrong when I was told I was gifted and "meant for something" by my overly religious parents who projected their desires for an Ultra Chad successful son onto me then held me to the standard of my ivy league brother

Nothing came easy, my head is a mess, I can't focus and need meds but I can barely do the paperwork to file for help
>>
>>37994430
If this is true I'm happy for you.
Just remember to enjoy the work more than you enjoy showing off your success. If it's the other way around you should go home and rethink your life.
>>
>>37991969
Being """gifted at a young age""" means fuckall in the long run, as almost everyone in this thread goes to show. Bragging about having slightly above average grades/skills in your childhood means nothing if you don't continue to build off of them into adulthood. It's comparable to "we wuz kangz" talk to me--good for you, but what is your life like currently and is it anything close to the things you're trying to brag about?
>>
File: GHHHH.jpg (64KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
GHHHH.jpg
64KB, 480x480px
>>37993740
>he's a perfect pitch faggot
YOU DESERVE EVERYTHING YOU GET I AM SICK AND TIRED OF EVERYONE I'M AROUND CIRCLEJERKING OVER YOU AND YOUR KIN, EVERY FUCKING TIME I'M WITH OTHER MUSICIANS THEY CAN'T HELP THEMSELVES THEY FIND THE NEAREST FAGGOT WITH PERFECT PITCH AND TAKE TURNS FELLATING HIM FOR AN HOUR, FUCK YOU, TOO BAD YOU COULDN'T HAVE PERFECT HEALTH HUH
>>
>>37999147
I'm in the music world and I've never noticed this. People just go "huh, neat" and kinda move along.
The one kid with perfect pitch in my theory classes in junior year was really bad at the actual work and got put on academic probation lol
>>
>>37999199
You're fucking lucky you haven't noticed it, maybe it's unique to my university but they just won't shut up about it and it gets so annoying. It's one of the multitude of reasons I avoid other music majors
>>
>>37991969
>straight A student whole life
>considered a "poetic genius" from the time I was 5
>all this meant was that I was fucking bomb at analogies and had great reading comprehension at an unusually young age, not that I wrote poetry
>took so many college classes in high school that I could skip the majority of gen eds at any university I went to
>ACT and SAT scores basically let me get into any college I wanted
>I chose to study portraiture at a small private school with an even smaller art program

I'm poor as fuck, but growing up art was the only thing I found truly difficult and rewarding. The only thing I'm really upset about is having nobody to talk to about anything on a level deeper than small talk. After my family and successful friends turned me into their running joke for living life the way I have, I developed some major insecurities that turned me into a mess to talk to. I developed a fucking stutter at age 23, and still struggle to realize that anyone would care to be around me at all.

I can't even remember what it's like to just "be" around people anymore.
>>
File: YFYIbtL.jpg (20KB, 456x297px) Image search: [Google]
YFYIbtL.jpg
20KB, 456x297px
>>37999271
>"poetic genius" from the time I was 5
alright buddy, I'm sure
why don't you post some of your earth-shatering poetry
>>
>>37991969
most of us who consider ourselves smart probably just mentally developed a little bit faster in our early grades, so we felt like we were smart. then everyone caught up and many surpassed us. but we cling to those early developed notions of superior intelligence that we have formed our whole identity around. we have to do all kinds of mental gymnastics to keep the charade alive. but eventually it crumbles, and you realize how freeing it actually is to just admit your average intelligence.

At least that's what happened to me.
>>
>>37999306
>considered a "poetic genius" from the time I was 5
>all this meant was that I was fucking bomb at analogies and had great reading comprehension at an unusually young age, not that I wrote poetry

Read the next line retard
>>
>>37999371
So what you mean to say is you scored well on standardized English tests.

No wonder you're not a poetic genius, elementary semantics eludes you.
>>
>>37999400
wow dude you sure showed him lmao
>>
When I was six, I was ambidextrous and preferred my left hand. My dad wanted me to use my right hand which led to a conflict that eventually resulted in my parents taking me to a testing center to assess my handedness. They also tested my IQ and I scored 133, so I am fairly smart. Not a genius, but smart.

I went through a "smart but lazy" phase, but it wasn't terrible. I got mostly As and Bs in high school, no Cs, but then in college (Cornell, which has a pretty demanding Bio program) I deteriorated due to anxiety and weed use, so I ended up with a 2.7 GPA by graduation. I eventually got back on the right track and finished my MS with a 3.85. Now I'm on my way to Duke to do a PhD in Genetics, so it worked out. I still have lazy phases but it's not nearly as bad because my emotional issues leveled out because I took up exercising and meditation.
>>
File: thefrog2.png (492KB, 800x654px) Image search: [Google]
thefrog2.png
492KB, 800x654px
>be a kid who is bored with life and people
>start drawing worlds and characters that are interesting
>major theme was about highly advanced ants being at war with multiple monster factions from foreign dimensions
>pretty sure I was autistic when I look back now
>in primary school people start noticing that I'm pretty good at drawing
>get put into special art classes
>get these primary school level assignments like "your favorite winter activity" or "draw a leaf"
>didn't matter what or how I slapped something together people always clapped
>everyone just says how gifted I am despite not knowing how I've privately grinded on General MechAnt fighting The Masked Hydraboss throughout my childhood
>suddenly discover vidya and fuel my fantasies over there
>out of habit continue drawing and painting in art schools after middle and high school classes
>half-assedly finish art schools and get top scores
>pretty good results in high school as well
>after high school try to get jobs with drawing
>little to no motivation since people are always "well done" whatever I did
>never found anyone who could give honest feedback to my drawings
>after that "well done" no one really called me back to ask for more
>never developed focus or proper habit to finish my personal work
>absolutely despised the atmosphere in the many universities of art while looking for opportunities to actually improving myself
>eventually start hating drawing and stopped doing shit for others
>find some shitty service jobs and just play vidya nowadays
>maybe once in two months scribble something
>actually feel a little bit more at peace with this

Blew some dust off of my tablet and did a cartoon frog just for this thread.
>>
File: 1496280289601.png (205KB, 659x525px) Image search: [Google]
1496280289601.png
205KB, 659x525px
>think to yourself that you are more intelligent than your class mates
>they always somehow get better grades than you
>tell yourself that it's because you didnt study and because you are to clever to study something this pointless
>rinse and repeat, because if you admit to yourself that you might not be smarter than them, your whole concept of being an special individual falls apart

>you lstuck in a lie
>>
>>37999400
>>37999400
No, I was pulled out and assessed by a psychologist after taking one of those wishy-washy pattern/written IQ tests they used to give kids entering elementary school. I then skipped a grade, and did that wordmaster's shit and missed I think one question from grades 3-8. They give you this gold coin if you place first in your region, and I got it every time aside from the time I tied with a kid when I missed that one question. It was a big deal for my small elementary school, but not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I'm not trying to sound like a douche here, but it was actually legitimate.
>>
File: 1493337105415.jpg (24KB, 288x339px) Image search: [Google]
1493337105415.jpg
24KB, 288x339px
>tested 147 iq at young age
>outstanding scores throughout high school and what not
>read like a monster from grades six and up, exclusively higher level stuff. English teachers all tell me I write beautifully, history teachers say i write convincingly, etc.
>talented musician, many awards and scholarships from music
>very politically competent, whenever I get in a political discussion with someone they usually end up throwing their arms up and saying "well you should just be president then if you've got all the answers" etc.
>made roughly $120,000 over a few years of investing, starting with some family money and now exclusively my own
>in college right now kind of just going along, sometimes think of starting a creative project but I get lazy or feel like it would be pointless or something
>feel very alone most of the times, the one guy who was really at or above my level killed himself back in 15
>>
I consistently scored above national average on junior achievement tests (I think that's what they were called) through school and even had above average scores on my graduation tests
I had straight Ds through middle and high school and almost failed my final year
I don't even know what went wrong I just hate myself and have no motivation
>>
File: 3453452352.jpg (24KB, 391x444px) Image search: [Google]
3453452352.jpg
24KB, 391x444px
>tfw lazy but just about smart enough to not fuck up past highschool

im well off now, and things look like they'll pan out well. the only problem is that even with all these nice things I have no one to share them with

just can't win this shit, this whole game is rigged

>>37999522
if you enjoyed making that frog you might want to consider picking up drawing again

even if it doesn't bring home cash, if it makes you feel happy what could be the problem?
>>
>>37999400
No retard, his retarded educators considered him one. That's not only what he means, it's specifically what he wrote. There's no semantic issue, there's only your miserable reading comprehension.
>>
>>37992049
work ethic wins out for wageslave jobs; however unless you are born to independently wealthy parents, your status will be determined by your choice of wageslavery.
>>
>>37992313
>two idioms
Hola amigo
>>
File: 1497477398692.png (369KB, 649x649px) Image search: [Google]
1497477398692.png
369KB, 649x649px
>you are so talented
>you have special gifts
>remember us when you are big anon
turns out it was all lies, i have sub-average iq (108). doomed to be mediocer.
>>
File: 252.png (107KB, 785x732px) Image search: [Google]
252.png
107KB, 785x732px
>he was part of a gifted program at school and never learned how to study or work hard because everything came easy to him early on
>he thought he was better than other kids so he never really tried to branch out and make friends and he still doesn't really know how to interact with people
>he spent time reading books about things he couldn't possibly fully understand instead of learning skills or participating in social activities
>his taste in entertainment was hyper-cerebral, obscure, and elitist to the point that he didn't have anything to discuss with others
>because he was poorly socialized he orbited a girl who wasn't interested in him, laboring under many false assumptions about romantic relationships and attraction, and acted cringey and embarassing around her
Lmao what a fucking loser right guys
>>
File: 1484338360626.jpg (56KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1484338360626.jpg
56KB, 645x773px
>>37991969
>Was offered several times in grade school that I could move up a grade because my math and science were well beyond everyone else
>Was told I had to focus more on reading and writing though. That shit was boring to me so I never bothered. Didn't want to be the youngest in the grade above me either.
>Got into IB school in my area, decided against it because my "friends" were going to another school
>Got into AP classes in that school instead, straight As all through highschool
>Constantly recommended to join the math league, told them to fuck off because that's for tryhard nerds
>Got into my first choice university in electrical engineering
>From there it went all downhill
>Barely passed any of my courses, would only get class average in circuit theory classes because its the only one I ever did work in
>Failed a few classes, had to retake them
>Never broke out of my study habits from school, would always leave everything for the last minute and would suffer because of it
>Ended up with an overall average of 61% (school doesn't give us a gpa)
>Can't find work in my field at all. Big companies want to see my grades (and reject me when they see them), small companies require some stupid amount of experience
>Just want to do freelance work at this point because no one wants me, but that isn't a secure source of income and I don't have a portfolio of work to even do freelance work
>>
>tfw late bloomer
I'm finally smart but it's all come too late.
>>
In high school everything went smoothly and I did absolutely zero work. I came up with presentations and such on the spot and just winged the tests. Graduated with an average of 9.45/10. In college everything started going to shit, because they actually evaluate your work and not your talent. Instead of actuay putting in some work to compensate I just convinced myself that its okay to fail sometimes, and that I could get straight As if I just tried. Graduated with barely average grades and became a wageslave. Currently a depressed khv living alone and working a shitty 8hr job.
>>
File: 1487522.gif (6KB, 200x240px) Image search: [Google]
1487522.gif
6KB, 200x240px
My parents saved my school reports every year. Each one mentions how I was 'very shy' when dealing with others, 'preferred to spend lunchtimes alone' and had absolutely no signs of leadership qualities. I was very good at math as a kid and was almost put in gifted programs several times.

Today, I struggle to understand new concepts. Reading itself is difficult and my vocabulary has gone out the window. Sometimes basic addition and subtraction is hard.
>>
>Had no idea what to do when I left school
>Decided it would be better to not go to uni until I had a goal
>8 years later I'm still at home working some job a monkey could do
>Still have no goals and now I can't do simple maths because I haven't had to use my brain
On the few occasions I see parents of my school friends they always say how smart I was and that they believe I can still go places. I wish they'd stop, it just makes me feel worse.
>>
File: 1495297179600.jpg (443KB, 885x660px) Image search: [Google]
1495297179600.jpg
443KB, 885x660px
>>37991969
Got a perfect ACT score, even university is unbelievably easy, unlike socializing or finding a gf
>>
90% of this thread is a shitty read because of the rampant conviction that genius and performance within the bounds of standardized education go hand-in-hand. This thread was bound to devolve into
>very smart/very average
>do very well in school without trying
>either pass or fail out of indifference

I think to be "gifted" is to possess highly passionate inclinations; it's not just being logistically competent enough to conquer the low hurdles of basic bitch educational systems. Fuck your high test scores. It's all about what you accomplish because you needed to see what you were capable of.

I was your average indifferent /r9k/ poster for 16 years apathetically coasting through school until I picked up a guitar while bored playing runescape one summer. Queue brain-orgasm-- 3 years later I'm singing in multiple choirs, playing radio shows, one of the biggest acts at my college music scene, playing television shows and receiving offers from gigs across the state, winning 1st in singing competitions, constantly in the newspaper + all over local social media, and had my university offering to pay to record the entirety of my first studio project. That all happened the year I stopped playing covers and decided to start writing original content.

I removed myself from it all because I realized the immediacy of the success was making me complacent. People settled for what I was giving them from the start, not knowing just how much further I could take it b/c of just how little I put into it from the start. Literally didn't practice, didn't care, and gained the world. Disappeared and went full NEET to try my hand at honest-to-god virtuosity.

Played a show for the first time in 2 years two weeks ago at a local bar. Room started empty so I looked down and played to myself; 2 songs in I look up and the whole place was packed. Lost my voice on the 4th song + autistically walked off stage to a disappointed room that cleared out the second the next act was announced.
>>
my teachers would always berate me for not putting in effort and just getting by. By A levels I did apply myself more... but now that I'm in uni, trying yet what would still be classed as 'getting by', im starting to feel a bit bitter about it all. I think people had unfairly high expectations for me - I was an A grade math student but I never found it easy etc.. I seem to annoy authority figures even when I don't do anything :(

to cap it all off now that I'm away from A good bunch of friends from school (though I still see them sometimes) I'm lonely at uni and so my underachievement is more depressing..
>>
>>38001549
>being gifted is having a good work ethic
That's fucking retarded dude, I would say having a hard work ethic is a gift, but gifted is obviously being naturally good at something (like you and music). "gifted" in quotes like in the OP specifically refers to the school type, and OP specifically made the thread about that.
>>
>>38001549
Way to go with your truly humble grabbing.
If you don't want to recognize that the school system reinforces this pattern for the low conscientiousness percentile of the "gifted" population you're not very clever are you?
>>
>>37994548
please be selfish and go do interesting things to build your empire for my sake anon. You're being wasted on your father. The world needs you
>>
No. I'm pretty sure I have at most 110IQ, studying hsrd for a CS degree and my brain is still just too slow to come up with efficient algorithms. Wish I was smarter but at least most autists get a fair trade unlike me.
>>
>>37999758
You don't have problems
>>
>>37991969
In the earlier years of school I didn't think anything of my intelligence but after that every single teacher every single year would tell my parents that I do the weird thing where I space out completely and when asked a question id answer it perfectly making them unable to punish me. My small group of friends didn't understand why theyd put so much effort into school and id still turn out top of the class. I developed a superiority complex that I cant shake off though
>>
>>37991969
I was always really good at math and physics, made it to national level competitions (in my yuro country) with barely any studying. I was a lazy fuck though, and I always had bad grades in subjects that didn't interest me, like history, literature, geography (about 50% of tests consisted of naming a bunch of random cities on a map), etc. By the end of high school, my laziness started to affect my performance even in the subjects I used to be good at. I went to university to study physics, but I cracked under the load and dropped out after two years. I haven't given up yet though, I'm gonna spend the next one year working and studying in my free time, and then I'm gonna go back to uni to study something else, probably CS because it was my other main interest. I really regret wasting years of my life though.
>>
>>37999522
Nice fucking drawing, anon.
>>
Teachers, parents and friends always liked me and made a fuss about me, which gave me the special snowflake mentality. I barely studied in school but always got A's or B's, in my final year I got straight A's. Go study Computer Engineering I don't attend any lectures and study a day before my tests. I also discovered drugs and tried most of the mainstream ones (Coke, Acid, Shrooms, Heroin, Meth, Mdma...). Through my partying I developed some crazy social skills. Then I Though Fuck The System, I'm a special snowflake so dropped out right before my final year.

Got a job as a programmer, turns out I am not as good at coding as I thought, but I enjoy it and I'm passionate about it. All in all after school I discovered a lot about myself and life, and I made some solid friendships. Now I'm working hard on my career and I only partly believe that I might be a special snowflake.
>>
>parents tell you your whole childhood that you're "gifted"
>actually retarded
who here /devilish/
>>
>>38001680
Did you mean bragging? Wasn't that the point of this thread?
And you can act like the banal "getting good grades was so e-z" is good storytelling, but it's not. Who cares if you're not doing crazy shit with it like >>37994548 ?

>>38001671
I just disagree. In my case, the passion was the gift. I heard the sounds and shut out the rest of the world to try and master an instrument. Instead of going to the weekend party or getting fucked with friends, I'd hole up in a music school practice room all night with some pizza and write songs/run scales out of sheer curiosity of what I could be. But not everyone can be passionate, i.e. /r9k/

What use is "natural intellect" without execution outside of the bounds of systems solely put into place to measure said intellect? What does it mean to be "gifted" at the top of your class if you don't do some truly innovative shit with your life?
>>
since i was a kid everyone told me that i was gifted, because i have a predisposition for languages and for studying. To do well in school i just needed to study little to nothing, just 10 minute a day, but i procrastinated a lot and i fucked up my life. when i was in hs i faked having an ADHD just to have some fucking medication to help me overcome being a lazy piece of shit, but it didn't work well... my diploma isnt worth shit because i chose a linguistic branch and im obliged to go to uni for getting a decent job
bros i need a hand, what should i do to get into studying?
>>
>>37991969
>be a gifted kid
>put almost no work into my studies so far
>people keep telling me it gets harder and I won't be able to get by without studying
>senior in college at 19, 3.9 GPA, never do any studying but cramming for like 1 hour before
>involved with research

Feels good to not be a brainlet
>>
>>37994548
Once your dad dies, leave the company to your brother and go back to a better company. Sell yourself as a good guy who was there for his dad and learned how to actually run a small successful business. That kind of thing will look amazing on your resume after all the other things you've listed. You can always go back.
>>
>>37999199
Yeah this, it's a neat little gift that helps one follow tunes and pick them up by ear quickly, but it's not that exciting. Also no indicator of broader musical talent or creativity.

>>37999147
>being this butt-blasted over the ability to hear and identify a note
Were you gang raped by a band, anon?
>>
>>38002257
>hard work was my gift
>complete 180 from saying "I fully quit music because it was so easy to be considered good"
Oh so you're full of shit, right
>>
>>37994845
Be glad they didn't do it your senior year. I was forgotten about, and used by both my parents against each other. I had a 3.7, 30 ACT, and could have gotten a good ride at any school, but instead I didn't apply to any college, developed horrible anxiety and self esteem, and worked a horrible job for three years. I'm finally going to a good school, but I'm way behind in math and my GPA is fucked from one bad semester full of Fs when I broke my collarbone and still had to work 30 hours a week on top of 14 credit hours. I was that kid in advance placement classes, put homework off until the last minute, but genuinely cared about the material.

If there's anything I've learned, you need to treat studying like a full time job. I've always had a part time job while in school, so I've gotten used to having hardly any free time and only going out once or twice a month. It sucks, but it'll pay off when I graduate at 28 with a bachelors in geology.
>>
>>37992049
Yep this exactly, we used to get marked for effort and attainment, I scored and E for effort and A for attainment. There was no need to try harder.

It effects me in work now. I basically do hardly anything then rush to get everything done. Luckily I manage to do everything because I can do the job so fast

I wish I had more drive and confidence to push myself, my managers in work are idiots and it annoys the shit out of me.
>>
>>37991969
hated school, so i always had shit marks.
but i just love music, so i do a lot of this shit

what is going of with me is that im going to fall and become a misfit
>>
File: 2711580-2336204_letter.jpg (586KB, 1735x1699px) Image search: [Google]
2711580-2336204_letter.jpg
586KB, 1735x1699px
Well I believe that I'm meant to be some sort of space god, like the Beyonder from Marvel, and the only way to activate my powers is to get in shape.

I'm believing that I'm gifted but only because it's helping me lose weight and get fit.
>>
>>38002706
What's gud christopher
>>
I've been ahead of all classes for 10 years, until I got fucking bored of everything and dropped out of high school after failing the year because I surpassed the trees hold for how many days I could be absent (grades were fine), so fuck them, really but at least I got what I always wanted which was sleeping 12 hours a day.
>>
I never studied in school because I'm genuinely the laziest motherfucker to ever exist

I barely passed on most of the subjects, I didn't care about chemistry and math etc
Teachers and people who know me told me that I';m smart all my life so maybe I am, or at least I give the impression.

People were always impressed by my writing, and I speak two foreign language at a native level (english being one of them)

I like to think I'm smart but I';ve had evidence both for and against this theory

Now I'm a 24yo neet, dropped out of college twice because of mental problems
>>
>>38001549
Sounds like you just gave up on yourself because of other people. You sound exactly like the people you apparently dislike.
>>
>>38002585
>Not being able to schmooze your teachers or guilt administrators into giving you leniency when you were injured
Fucking moron
>>
File: 1498543953000.jpg (60KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
1498543953000.jpg
60KB, 640x512px
turned my prodigious artistic skill into drawing rare pepes for free

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAExa9P7hME
>>
File: aBG6Sen.jpg (62KB, 600x751px) Image search: [Google]
aBG6Sen.jpg
62KB, 600x751px
>>38002870
Well nothing, since I have to believe some anime type shit in order to stay motivated and lose weight.
>>
>>38003059
I was terribly depressed, as I had also just lost my friend group due to bs, my only remaining friend pressured me into terrible sex for his friendship, so I had nothing once more, just like when I was a wage slave for three years.

Got all As and Bs after that, and even though I'm technically below the requirements to get into the school and program I'm transferring into, I still got in. All my professors loved me in cc, and I made a great impression on the geology staff at the school in transferring to.

You're 100% correct. I included the broken collarbone stuff on my application. I'm sure that helped.
>>
>>38003192
>my only remaining friend pressured me into terrible sex for his friendship
Are you a woman or just a faggot?
>>
>>38003111
Oh
Do u get time to do this? Or do you have job/school that's imoedes this also?
>>
File: 1496267367689.png (1MB, 1080x1288px) Image search: [Google]
1496267367689.png
1MB, 1080x1288px
>>38003332
Well, yeah I'm in community for Computer Networking and Administration, my passion is Music Production but that isn't lucrative, so that sucks. But in terms of anything "Positive" happening in my life. Nope.
>>
File: download (10).jpg (10KB, 243x208px) Image search: [Google]
download (10).jpg
10KB, 243x208px
>>38003394
Are you trying to illicit a response? That's cute.
>>
>>38003192
You probably could even get a chance to get the Fs erased and turned into Ws, maybe even do make up work if you talk to your dean of student academic life.
>>
File: 1496179247787.gif (504KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1496179247787.gif
504KB, 1080x1080px
>>38003413
No, I was asked a question, and I answered. Must be tough for some of you socially inept retards, not everything is a queue for something else.
>>
>>38003241
Why not both? A fagina. That's what I'm calling my vag from now on. When my girl(male)friend sticks the feminine dongus in it I'll say "ha! Geeeeeeeeh"
>>
>>38003507
This post interests me
>>
>>38003460
I should have. That was two years ago. I doubt I could do anything about it now. Really wish I had asked for advice/help here back then instead of festering. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>38003563
Oh I didn't know it was so long ago
>>
File: 1497136727009.jpg (138KB, 575x766px) Image search: [Google]
1497136727009.jpg
138KB, 575x766px
>dumb and lazy
I got nothing.
>>
>>38003394
At least u aren't a broke nigga right
>>
File: IMG_6312.png (109KB, 360x340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6312.png
109KB, 360x340px
>>38003683
I only have $100 to my name at the moment. Monthly Transpasses are $91, life is a harsh mistress. I am most certainly a broke nigga. I just need a new job and I should be good.

Are you a broke nigga, my friend?
>>
>>37991969
I went to a gifted middle school (had to test in). Also got a good ACT and AP scores that majorly advantaged me in college. Now I am 19 and can graduate in two semesters but I hate my life and my degree. I don't know if it was worth it
>>
File: a62.png (262KB, 680x661px) Image search: [Google]
a62.png
262KB, 680x661px
>>37991969
WHO /lazy but not gifted/ here?
>>
>>38003789
/lazy AND dumb/ masterrace
>>
>>38003733
I have v small savings at this point. not quite broke but hey my household is close to poor. Do you stay with parents to lessen costs?
>>
>>38003875
Yes,they said age 24-25 is my age limit, 21 at the moment.
>>
File: 14141.jpg (9KB, 158x200px) Image search: [Google]
14141.jpg
9KB, 158x200px
>>37991969
if you're so smart, why can't you think of a way to be happy?
>>
If your life has gone to shit priding yourself about being not a dumbass in high school years ago doesn't mean jack shit. The fact is you ended up where you are now most likely by choice and you are an adult now it's all on you.
>>
>>37991969
School came naturally to me like most people in this thread, straight A's up until middle school, where I started sleeping during all my classes and only trying on tests that had a lot of influence on my grade. I only managed to pass the grade back then because the shit on the tests was more like common sense than anything to me. Rinse repeat until I graduate high school.
Not really related but there was always this Indian kid who always asked me how I slept most of the time and managed to stay in the gifted education program
>>
File: FlamingFall.gif (81KB, 275x216px) Image search: [Google]
FlamingFall.gif
81KB, 275x216px
I used to love doing math (just basic multiplication, addition, and division) for fun in early elementary school, and enjoyed reading early science books. I got my parents to buy me some books to read on my own.
I was recognised as being gifted and put in some advanced programs
but as all of my classmates started developing socially, all i could do was long to be like them.
all my thoughts were replaced with desire, and I can never think past what i was focusing on, (which ironically gave me a big advantage beforehand) and I simply couldn't learn
by the time my peers started dating each other, i was completely dead inside. whatever mental aptitude i had was completely lost from chemical induced brain damage.
I can only imagine what my life could have been like if i had friends and a girlfriend in middleschool.
>>
>>38003831
right on bro
>tfw i'm basically a white nigger
>>
>>37992289
how's that 300k starting salary treating you?
>>
>>38004001
We know Oregano
>>
>Smart
>Good work ethic
>Was going to be somebody
>If only these god damn spiders would stop talking to me
>Apparently schizophrenic
>Medication does nothing
>US Government says it's not a real disability, so no autismbux
Might just try to get at high score or something
>>
>>37991969
>Be honest, how many of you were considered/consider yourselves "gifted" from a young age? Are you really fucking talented at something or a handful of things? Did straight As come easy to you in school?

Yep, this is pretty much me. In gifted classes through elementary and middle school, took all the hard classes in high school and graduated valedictorian with a perfect 4.0 and minimal effort. 34 on the ACT, 1540 on the SAT, including a perfect 800 math score.

Graduated college cum laude with a BSE in mechanical engineering, also with minimal effort.

>Or are you actually doing pretty well, just on here killing time?

I'm doing pretty well. Project manager for an automotive engineering company, working on autonomous vehicles. Good money, good benefits, cool job. Got a wife and a couple of kids. Not perfect but I'm pretty happy. I'm just winding down for a little while before bed.
>>
File: 1475929300738.gif (40KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
1475929300738.gif
40KB, 350x263px
>Pretty smart but way to lazy to actually reach out above the average college level.

Highschool basically was jerking off and getting... B's i think it would be in america.
scale:
Dumb
Average
Autismo <-- be me
Nerd

> can't remember once seriously doing homework

> Didn't even learn for my exams.

got into college, specialized IT direction and made it once more being a lazy piece of shit, only putting some effort in my intern time at a computer shop.

>Boss says i'm the best intern they ever had, beating even my full time co-workers

i could have done better, and still could. but i am feeling fine where i stand.

pic related, only dodging the obstacles, let them dissolve themselves.
>>
Does anyone feel like their half-assed effort is typically better than the full effort of a normalfag?
I half assed the last semester of college, and ended up being one of the top students in each of my classes, even ended up with all A's. I'm also working a summer job right now that I'm very apathetic about, but it seems my performance seems better than others even with my apathy.
>>
>tested 150 IQ as a kid
>always class clown in elementary/middle school
>had a lot of friends, kids thought i was cool as fuck
>could calculate anything instantly
>teachers thought i was insanely creative but i just liked fantasizing and thinking about random shit
>very high verbal comprehension even though i didn't read much at all
>not really doing anything "smart" at home just dicking around on the internet and playing vidya
>and then
>family shit happens that fucking destroys me
>get sad as hell every day, panic attacks, constantly crying, can't focus on anything
>spend all day at school with head in my arms
>slowly stop talking to people, doing work, caring about things generally
>all i do at home is fuck around on the internet (still had 56k until around high school), get addicted to information and also screwing with people who were dumb enough to fall for whatever i wanted them to
>start doing drugs at some point
>become a shut-in stoner who locks his door and hogs bandwidth deep into the night
>began a pattern of coping that never really stopped (i'm 27 now)

tl;dr I used to have a bright future but then some shit happened that fucked me up and took a long time to come to terms with. I guess I'm not really "lazy" in that sense, just broken. I still use my brain, I've read a ton of books and taught myself everything from physics to programming to piano, a bunch of high-level math and whatever, but I work at a convenience store and I can only go about a week maximum without tying a rope around my neck and thinking that I'll finally be able to go through with it this time.
>>
>>37991969
I went to school in a little town in Iowa, and we didn't have the concept of "gifted".

If you were smart and got good grades then okey dokey, good for you. There was no diagnosis of "gifted", or anything like that. There were no special "AP" classes or "college track" or whatever.

I guess I kind of figured out I was above average when everything came so easily for me. It was easy for me to get high grades in HS and college. Finding a job was no problem -- I got whatever I tried for. At first, I found a faculty position at a university. Then, later, I became a software engineer and I quickly climbed the salary ladder. I could never understand why things seemed so hard for other people. Solving problems was easy for me, and finding and keeping jobs was easy for me.

I don't seem "smart" to myself, but I guess I have to conclude that I probably am because of how I kind of sailed through life while others seemed to struggle more (until, after a run of good luck in the stock market, I got rich and retired early, so now life is permanently on easy mode for me).

I don't know what my IQ is, because I'm utterly uninterested in taking an IQ test. That's only for vain people, or for people who want to join Mensa -- and I have no interest in joining some social club full of insufferable smart people.

The only thing that was ever difficult for me was finding a girlfriend. My whole life, I have always looked at about 5 to 8 years younger than my actual age (which is pretty devastating when you're 20). I don't know if it was because women see me as intimidating, or boring, or ugly, or manlet, or socially retarded, or what -- but I was a khhv until age 38 when I got my first girlfriend.
>>
I transferred from a private Catholic school to a public school in 4th grade. Everything was incredibly easy for the next 3 or so years but by highschool i was putting in the same amount of effort as everyone else. I had a 3.5 GPA.
>>
File: IMG_2631.jpg (20KB, 250x261px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2631.jpg
20KB, 250x261px
I scored 127 on the professionally administered Stanford-Binet test but I'm so far gone and my memory is such shit that at this point I'm honestly unsure if it's just self-delusion and I didn't actually score 127. I'm pretty certain I did, but fuck, who knows.
>>
I was tested in the sixth grade and my IQ was, at the time, around 180. I'm certain that it's fallen since then (rampant drug use does that to a person) but I'm still incredibly intelligent and knowledgeable in a plethora of subjects. They wanted me to go into the gifted and talented program at my school, but I declined because I didn't want all the extra school work. I just wanted to play video games. I scored 92 on the ASVAB and had recruiters ringing me off the hook and contacting me on normiebook and the like for nearly 3 months, but they finally gave up.

I'm lazy and unmotivated and more or less completely disinterested in modern society. I greatly dislike modern women, but have a disdain for humanity in general. I'm in the process of applying for NEETbux.
>>
>score well on tests
>several teachers give me extra advanced homework in elementary school
>dont fit in with most other children
>5th grade
>get put into the class of the most infamously callous teacher of my school
>tfw she publicly humiliates me in class multiple time
>become truant
>pray to die/become invisible on a daily basis
>middling middle, high school, and college career
>too socially withdrawn to network correctly with peers and professors
>tfw book smart but stupid in many other ways
>>
some people on forums like r9k are usually pretty bright but they are still nothing compared to people who are actually smart, people who wanted something or wanted to learn something and then did it. Scientists, etc
>>
>>37992289
feels like this is me atm, I'm in stage 1 though, just starting to get my shit together and I actually finally got some motivation from who knows where, I just want to learn everything.
I'm losing a lot of friends though, although they are pretty bad friends.

I was on a pretty sick LSD trip recently and I saw some interesting shit and honestly, I think that is what motivated me. Something just clicked in my brain now I need to learn everything.
>>
>>37992532
Genius isn't what's programmed in your brain, it's what you want to do and how much time you put into it. In the end you don't invent or discover anything new by the programming of your brain but by the way you think and how much time you put into it.

Einstein was a combination of both, however I believe his genius was mostly just pure curiosity.
>>
>>37991969
I was in the "Gifted and Talented" program. It doesn't mean fuck all for you actually making it anywhere in life. It just means you have a good, sturdy foundation.
>>
File: 1498547977843.jpg (104KB, 1240x1240px) Image search: [Google]
1498547977843.jpg
104KB, 1240x1240px
>>37992049
Yeah same, I can only get a good work ethic or perform well if I study with ambient music, no joke. Ambient music, classical and, jazz helps me so damn much.
>>
>>37992274
Literally Angel Beats, or was that the point?

he doesn't find happiness even at the end
>>
File: 1494356722316.jpg (62KB, 272x380px) Image search: [Google]
1494356722316.jpg
62KB, 272x380px
>98th percentile in the aptitude tests for university
>can get into any education in my country
>can't put effort into stuff
I tried studying for more than 5 years, it made me hate myself a lot.
>>
>Never do homework outside of lunch after I finish eating or the class before if time allows it
>Only skate through high school because of test averages
>Teachers ask me why I don't do homework when they would've given me an a in the class if I did
>Parents always set high expectations for me
>Get into good university
>long lectures and ling commute make it feel super tedious and just drop out
>just work part time jobs for ok wages and chill at home all day
>Only go out like once or twice a month with friends to a bar or restaurant

I do believe smart but lazy is a very real thing, people who say otherwise are probably either selfloathing or sour grapes I'd think. Granted it's by no means a luxurious status or a way of seeing oneself as a troubled artist type person.

Just the basic gist of my life choices.
>>
>>37992571
>>37994845
>>37994888
>>37997697
>>38002632
If you were truly as smart as you claim to be, you would have done what was best for you; actually working and keeping up with it

Hell, most "smart" people would not be spending time here, and would have developed better habits leading to satisfaction in the long run.

You may have had potential and a great memory for academics, but don't kid yourselves.
>>
School was always struggle-free for me. Up to and including my fancy schmancy ivy league doctoral program. I had a sweatshop work ethic I developed in various types of jobs. And because I was a robot, I failed to truly see the bullshit in the world and actually believed in working for the betterment of mankind; contributing to society and whatnot. Disillusionment in grad school fucked that all out of me. Those of us who are smart enough to change things are too self-involved with competition, self-improvement, family, consumerism, etc. Those of us who aren't smart enough just get sucked into the vortex of wanting as much as we can, to get as close as we can to some bullshit idea of success. I've lost faith in humanity. Feels like we will forever be slaves to the emergent properties of our societies without any true sense of determinism on the species level. Yea, maybe it was silly to think we were anything more than other animals, but it seemed so possible...

Life is now all about maxin, relaxin and staying cool. I try to cultivate good feels in others. I share, I live, and I value my time above all else. My parents are ashamed of me, having used to brag about me to our relatives, they now obviously have trouble explaining why I dropped out of the race.

I sometimes miss the glamour of being competitive, successful and elite. Especially when I see colleagues from my cohort win grants or travel for their prestigious jobs. But all of that is what would have distracted me from what I believe truly matters. Connection to others, awareness of the human condition in its entirety. And simply enjoying my time here.
>>
>>38008349
wtf chaddy, nothing went wrong for you, you just gracefully bowed out of the rat race to become a hippie
>>
>>37992968
Yep. For me, I think it was literally kindergarten, the teacher asked me a question I didn't know the answer to, and some other smug shit did. I think it was specifically how to spell "Autumn".
>inb4 mad 'tism for remembering this
Where do you think we are?

Anyway, I though that was the gayest shit ever and studied hard as fuck outside of school, I had no friends, taught myself how to read and then read basically for 4 years straight. They began to evaluate our reading capability on a scale at the beginning of second grade, 1st through 12th grade being the rankings, it was kind of a way to show whether or not you were on track, although they weighted it hard as fuck to make kids feel better about themselves. Anyway, I scored 11.5 on the first test in second grade, and maxed it out every time after that. Took an IQ test at the end of the year, administered by a psychologist they brought in, (got 144, 12 squared) and was placed in a gifted class after that. That was actually a good program, it helped out with a lot of what I think people feel is a problem, i.e. that school is legitimately so boring that it's easy. I distinctly remember learning multiplication in math class and grasping the core concept immediately, and then sitting through months of the teacher trying to explain it to scrubs.

Gifted program ended in highschool, everything was still easy as shit, had 0 goals in life despite being able to do "anything I wanted", dropped out, and gave up.
>>
>>38008402
Well I guess on a nice day, I tend to believe that. But on those other days, I wonder if maybe it's all mental illness leading to my cognitive stance on things. After all, there are still so many people smarter than me who are plugging away, believing that their work is consequential. On those days, I see myself as having thrown my lot in with those who are smarter than me and have already hung themselves.
>>
>tfw to smart too school
>good grades without effort
>dont even bother picking up books
>thinks im a genius
>finally college comes
>set back because no education basis for advanced classes
Fuck, why was i born a lazy fuck. Hardworking brainlets probably got it easier than me
>>
>I'M BRILLIANT BUT LAZY GIRL MY TEACHERS DON'T KNOW SHIT
>>
File: fuk.png (453KB, 640x634px) Image search: [Google]
fuk.png
453KB, 640x634px
>>37992609
>>37992289
>>37992281

Jesus christ,
>tfw ive been a robot this whole time and have been living in denial
>learned to speak and read at below normal age
>school as easy, cus i learned much faster than my schoolmates
>went to higher and higher classes than my grade level
>went to UNI in between high school classes (that's as early as my school would let me)
>hiimanontheyoungestguyhere.mp3
>one of my college classmates was the mum of one of my HS class mates
>school was boring (got Cs because i showed up and did just enough homework to pass) As on all my tests
>graduated from prestigious international school program, had opportunity to go to pretty much any UNI i wanted to full time
>joined military
>still KV
>have not talked to a female outside of line of duty in 6 years (and no more than required by job)
>praised for my efficiency
>made fun of for my social awkwardness
>im pretty sure ive had closet autism this whole time (mild autism spectrum) I asked my mummy one day and she keked and said she was not surprised
>tfw I can only talk about this on a tapestry board for fear of loosing my job
>>
>>37991969
Daily reminder that school is so easy for many people because there function is to get the most people up to adequate standing

>tl;dr public schools spend all of their money on the tards and below average students to get them to an adequate level of training to do a job. They do not give a fuck about gifted people.
>>
>>37991969
I don't know if I'd consider myself smart, but I went to one of the top ten high schools in my state (it was a semi-public school) and got duel-enrolled in college at like 15. I got straight A's but I never really had a good work ethic. I think I'm lazy because I don't have any confidence, I undermine myself a lot. I'm in university now and originally wanted to be a physician, but my lack of self-confidence scared me and I decided to just major in Nursing and become an NP.
Everyone in my family tells me I'm smart, but they're all high school dropouts. Among my duel enrolled peers, I was just above average at best. I made rank like 17 out of a class of 64 kids.
>>
>>37991969

>be me
>gifted with IQ 132
>very motivated since I was a child
>exceptional ability to learn and exceptional writing and reading abilities
>enter highschool
>exposure to alll the shitty parts of highschool
>panic attacks, existential crisis, true realization of how retarded and waste normies actually are
>mentalillnessesgalore.jpeg
>lose all motivation
>use opiates to cope and become /comfy/ in my pain
>spiral further down than rock bottom
>grades still good all throughout highschool
>never did any work ever
>never went to any class ever
>managed to get into everywhere I applied
>mentalillnessgoingstrong.png
>realize in college that I can still pass every class without attending
>cramming the night before however involves the worst mental stress of all time
>too mentally ill to change

feels good to be smart even though I feel as if I could jump off a building at any moment, however I am continuously empty and unmotivated due to my mental illness (apparently said to be linked to intelligence) and therefore I am doomed to always be ridden with fucking anxiety.

shoot me
>>
>>37991969
yeah, I saw myself listed as "gifted/talented" on a school roster once. I was in a class or two also but that never really held up. So I never really had any work ethic and now fail a lot since I find it very difficult to do any work outside of my college classes since I'm a lazy blunt smokin piece of shit
>>
>school was literally no effort
>would get homework done during class so I could watch cartoon at home
>asian parents (starcraft edition) complain that I'm not being pushed enough
>take iq tests in school
>"""genius""" level iq
>skip a grade
>school still 2ez4me
>skip another grade
>suddenly a 12yo in an all white rich hs
>still get into all the AP courses
>ace them all
>be 5'5" 16yo valedictorian
>perfect SAT score
>but no extra-curriculars because gook parents love, muh study
>could only get into cornell
>cs and math double major in engineering school
>done in 3 years
>be 5'6" 19yo summa cum laude
>wageslave at company in silicon valley
>all I do is work because it is all I know
>never had a conversation with a female that did not involve school or work
>even with family members it was all they wanted to talk about
>three more years of khhv
>discover sex tourism

I guess it worked out in the end, it would be nice to have female contact without having to pay for it. But for me, it's like saying it would be nice to visit Mars. Thanks for reading my blog.
>>
>>38010671
Word of advice, get your CS degree from the A&S school instead of the engineering school. You get a BA instead of a BS, but employers don't care. Some companies liked that I got the BA in Math since I took classes that were "well-rounded".

Also, try to speak a few words of the native language of the prostitute. While most business is conducted in English around the world, as it is the lingua franca of business, being at least conversational in her native language will usually result in better service for the same price.
Thread posts: 233
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.