[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypocritical atheist normies

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: l.jpg (210KB, 720x481px) Image search: [Google]
l.jpg
210KB, 720x481px
If there is nothing after death, then life truly is meaningless. Doesn't matter what you do or don't do.
Might as well end your life if you're not enjoying it! Yet atheist / agnostic / nihilist normies will STILL tell you that "life is worth living," regardless of the fact that it doesn't line up with their views.
Really makes you think.
>>
>>37988877
>If there is nothing after death, then life truly is meaningless.

Why would an afterlife give meaning to life? I never got that.

>Doesn't matter what you do or don't do.

It sure as hell does, especially on the short term. Of course, our lives wont' matter in 20 million years. But does anyone actually cares what happens to the universe on that kind of time scale? Now, if we're talking 5 days, 10 years, or 100 years, then of course our actions have an impact. And this is the only scale we should give a shit out, since we're humans and deal with human timescales.
>>
>>37988877
>If there is nothing after death, then life truly is meaningless.
So? Death is also just as meaningless. Why expend the effort to painfully die?
>>
>>37988877
What a terrible argument. Of course you have to assume some premises in order to argue, discuss and research, but that doesn't mean a belief in God is the only valid premise.

>God says man has the ability to reason
>let us, for lack of a better solution, assume that man has the ability to reason, and that a sound argument on his part shall be deemed true

There's no difference here. Both are assumptions.
>>
>>37988988
>since we're humans and deal with human timescales.
How long is it going to take you fucking normies to realize that when the sun burns out, no decision will have mattered more than any other? We shouldn't give a shit about the short term because "in the end, it doesn't even matter."
>>
>>37989039
Doesn't explain why the /nonreligious/ still try to stop people from making a choice of their own - to kill themselves.
>>
>>37989210
because it brings them a little pleasure
>>
File: kg.png (61KB, 325x224px) Image search: [Google]
kg.png
61KB, 325x224px
>>37989445
But why does it make them feel good? Do they subconsciously believe life has value while preaching the opposite?
Hypocritical normans strike again
>>
"Life is worth living" is the most powerful meme in the world, even bigger than God Himself. It's the axiom that all of human existence is predicated on. Both society and nature stress it more than any other principle, so no one is immune to it. Even though nihilists know that it's a lie, they still choose to believe it just because the only alternative is slightly earlier oblivion.
>>
File: 1496128729106.jpg (150KB, 976x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1496128729106.jpg
150KB, 976x1079px
>>37988988
this.
If there isn't an afterlife, that means this life is all you have, giving it at least some meaning. If you want to end the only life you will ever had then that's up to you.

I always thought the religion POV gave life less meaning. Why would I give a shit about how bad my life is if I'm just gonna go to an eternal paradise.
>>
>>37988877

this is such a stupid argument. because something only happens once, it isn't worth doing or enjoying? if you could only have dinner with scarlett johansson once, it wouldn't be worth doing because it would end?

we dont know what happens after death. if it's nothing, that doesn't mean the only time you get to spend conscious is worthless--quite the opposite, actually.
>>
File: images (4).jpg (4KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
4KB, 268x188px
intellegent humans have a natural aspiration to find purpose and meaning, nihilists accept that there is no answer to that call

death will come and there is no point in bringing it sooner. the universe doesnt give a shit about us, our lifetimes are nothing in the scheme of things. you arent skipping to the conclusion or making a significant change, youre just squandering the literal only thing you have upon suicide.

nihilists can accept that life is good, that life is a gift. nihilists just know that religion is taking unrelated occurances and crafting them i to a narrative to follow because the absence thereof is terrifying

and it definitely is terrifying, but you have to respect someone who looks it into the eye and doesnt fear it. religious people choose to look away
>>
>>37990480
>I always thought the religion POV gave life less meaning. Why would I give a shit about how bad my life is if I'm just gonna go to an eternal paradise.
because by default you don't which clearly shows you know shit about religion
>>
>>37988877
>If there is nothing after death, then life truly is meaningless. Doesn't matter what you do or don't do.

False. We create our own ever evolving meaning.

I don't need your stupid fairy tales to give my life purpose or justify staying alive or whatever other poorly thought through nonsense you've invented and applied to atheists in defiance of an actual argument, not that any argument is actually necessary.
>>
File: stirner ghostbuster.jpg (42KB, 587x599px) Image search: [Google]
stirner ghostbuster.jpg
42KB, 587x599px
>le telos spook
I am an end in myself, anon.
>>
>tfw taking a class on the apologetic works of C.S. Lewis and extremely nervous because I will probably be out of my depth at my Christian school
this is a bad feel
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.