[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/desifeels/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: india-flag-1280x768.jpg (30KB, 1280x728px) Image search: [Google]
india-flag-1280x768.jpg
30KB, 1280x728px
Life on the Edge Edition

diaspora welcomed desu
>>
>>37982404
>Life on the Edge Edition
>diaspora welcomed desu
This honestly
>>
>>37982404
namaste yaar. ap kaisa hai?
>>
>>37982404
>parents forbid me from going out with your friends and girls
>later complain that I'm too alone and should socialize more
>>
File: cmon_now.png (284KB, 640x363px) Image search: [Google]
cmon_now.png
284KB, 640x363px
>>37982571
>namaste yaar. ap kaisa hai?
hola amigo
I'm doing alright, just pushing the envelope on /r9k/, seeing what's allowed in our new janitorial environment

I don't like the change to be honest
It was too quick, too harsh

One of the first things the janitor's contract says is to not be over zealous especially in your first few weeks

But I suppose the newbies will settle down with time

There was clearly a change in direction of the moderation as well, what with the new sticky and all... maybe this new r9k is here to stay

What's your opinion of the rise in Connie posting desianon? Are you pro or anti Connie?
>>
>>37982646
Ask them what they are going to do about that.
>>
>>37982646
listen to your parents, never leave the house

there is no reason to socialize or foster friendships when you could stay home
>>
POO GOES WHERE?
>>
>>37982666
You're a janitor? Can you please remove all the fembot attention seeking threads?
>>
>>37982748
W-what do you mean. Like for an arranged marriage or something?

>>37982791
But I can't meet potential waifus and qt3.14s at home!
>>
Your women are either 10/10 goddesses or look like goblins.

How does this work?
>>
>>37982646

This is exactly what happened to me.

asdyuilkjamnb
>>
I like Indian guys. At least the American ones.
>>
File: 1355301521968s.jpg (10KB, 221x221px) Image search: [Google]
1355301521968s.jpg
10KB, 221x221px
>>37982836
I am not a janitor, but I went through the process some time ago so I know a little about it

talking about being a janitor isn't allowed for obvious reasons... but considering I never was and I'm just discussing the application I suppose that doesn't apply to me heh

I never finished because they require a skype interview and I sperged out and disconnected and never logged into skype again because I was too beta

Rape Ape probably remembers this or maybe not since I'm some irrelevant faggot and he has to interview hundreds of morons like me , I just squeaked "h-hi" then typed "I'm sorry I'm at the airport" and disconnected
I was just sitting in my house the whole time

I felt like crying because 4chan is the only thing going on in my life but I got over it

>tfw too robotic to be a janitor

That being said, REMOVAL IS NOT THE ANSWER. anyone who remembers what /jp/ was like before the moderation team brought down the ban hammer knows that you CANNOT remove good posts into existence. They aren't improving the board by limiting the possibilities of what is and isn't allowed and doing so leads to generals hell.

this is just my opinion of course, but janitors really need to be cautious every time they remove a thread - there are THREE rules plus the global rules and a lot of the shit they deleted today doesn't violate these in any fashion. Enforcing the rules as they are is enough, nobody wants /r9k/ to be another /b/ but the other end of the spectrum leads to the death of boards... I digress
>>
>>37983377
That's a good point. I hate the overmoderating faggots at /pol/ who remove every good thread. Perhaps it's just easier to filter them locally with some well chosen keywords.
>>
>brown orphan
>foreign nationals at college ask if I speak Hindi/Tamil/Urdu
I don't fit it with you guys and still get memed on by everyone else.
Being a brown burger is suffering
>>
File: 1469578026609.jpg (122KB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
1469578026609.jpg
122KB, 1280x688px
Sup my Indian dawgs.

British born, second generation punjabi here.

Shit sux. how about some music?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czMGx5WT0jM

Pls ignore the cringe-y video lmao indians amirite
>>
>>37983583
dude most Indian Americans born in the States can't speak their parents language(s)

I don't have any proper statistics on this (I am sure they exist, I'll look it up if anyone cares) but none of my cousins were taught a second language by their parents, and my parents most definitely didn't teach me their language (telugu), as cool as it would be to know it

most Indian parents I've talked to about this, including my parents, seem to have a "they don't need to know it" perspective on language, they see it purely as a utilitarian type thing rather than an aspect of identity

as an orphan would you say you identify as Indian in any significant way?
although I've been raised by Indian parents I was born and raised in the States and my connection back to India is tenuous, if at all. It's a place I would love to see one day but Indian culture isn't really an integral aspect of my identity. I like eating Indian food, I'll say that (although my mom is a shit cook)

Did your parents attempt to connect you with a more Indian cultural identity or not really? Would you have felt out of place among Indians if they did? Can I ask where your parents found you, did they know your biological parents, do you know your biological parents?

>>37983663
Here's this
https://youtu.be/xQx5H14YTyQ
>>
>>37983871
I never knew my Sri Lankan father and my South American mother died when I was a teen.
My cultural identity is mostly Hispanic and not at all desi.
Despite being equally Mestizo/Dravidian I look way more like a South Asian than Latino.
This naturally groups me into an ethnically ambiguous category that most people (whites) have difficulty processing.
It's hard interacting with foreign students (South Asian) because I feel like a fraud even though they instantly recognize me as one of their own.
>>
>>37982862
>Like for an arranged marriage or something?

Exactly. Seeing they knew better its time for them to prove it.
>>
>>37984358
But I don't want an arranged marriage. I doubt any woman in the US will agree to an arranged marriage so that means they'll have to get someone from India. And she'll most likely only agree to do it either for the money or as a ticket for a US greencard.

So while I will by definition have a "wife," there won't be any love.
>>
>>37984273
That's weird that they recognize you as "one of their own" at all

as a Indian born in the States every time I interact with foreign students I feel like they see me as a fraud desu, primarily because I don't speak the language, but I also don't really know shit about India

Indian international students are weird as fuck 90% of the time and try to emulate ultra Chads or something, nobody finds it easy to interact with those guys desu, why do you even give a shit what they think
im sure there are good non normal fag Indians on here though

>>37984403
Not only will no women agree to it but I doubt your parents would even be up for it if they are americanized at all

I would rather be single forever than talk to the brain dead slags my mother would like
>>
>>37984403
Fine then break your parents hearts.

Lots of people have gotten married by arrangement but I guess according to you their marriage is a sham and not real.

Living in america has made you shameful.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (34KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
34KB, 480x360px
>>37982666
"Like sheesh" Connie, "you're like" so whitewashed. Stop pretending to be something you're not. "Like whatever."
>>
>>37984529
> I guess according to you their marriage is a sham and not real
It's real in a legal sense but clearly a sham in the love sense.

>Living in america has made you shameful.
And apparently the poos in my homeland have fared better? Their backwards culture is exactly why they haven't advanced to match the power of their western counterparts.
>>
>>37984671
Marriage was never about love. You have watched too many Disney princess movies.

I see, you have turned gay in america, that's why you don't want arranged marriage.
>>
>>37984507
the foreign Indian students I've met were generally a little older than most of my peers (25+) and therefore extremely well-adjusted
even the undergraduates were extremely down to earth and worth talking to
It's hard to explain but there is an unspoken mutual understanding that comes with being brown in a flyover state.
>>
>>37984529
My parents were arranged marriaged too

I would NEVER, EVER want that.

Is the marriage "real"? Yeah sure, they are married and shit obviously. They live together and stuff.

But there is clearly no love between my parents. They are just such different people, their personalities don't match at all, and its resulted in a lot of tension between them throughout my childhood. I honestly think I would have been better off if they divorced and my mom just fucked off instead of sticking around pretending she cared or something

Have they made their marriage work? I guess, they would never get divorced because of Indian culture and whatnot.

But my parents marriage has pretty effectively ruined my dad's life. She has forced him to make decisions which have wasted hundreds of thousands of dollars, buy garbage to "show his love for her" and shit like that, she constantly screams at him about inane shit, and fundamentally she doesn't really add any value to the family

She gave birth to me and my brother. Is that all marriages are for? Is that all you expect from a wife?

Obviously my mom is an outlier, most Indian woman would cook and clean and not bitch constantly, but even then the fact remains that every time your personalities clash you will wonder... "could I have found someone better?"

>>37984744
What exactly do you think is the purpose of marriage? Purely to procreate?

In that case my parents were successful but they can't be considered a successful couple by any other measure.

There is literally no reason my parents have to stay together after my brother and I left the house for college.
>>
>>37984943
Exactly. Giving into an arranged marriage is literally the definition of being a beta who some woman uses for money and ticket into the US. I'd rather be alone than be a beta provider.
>>
It is traditional for the man to provide.
What? you want to sit at home watch the youtube and have her provide everything? That is not being a man. Very very shameful.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.