[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

game over

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 18

File: med_1485353604_00001.jpg (73KB, 640x438px) Image search: [Google]
med_1485353604_00001.jpg
73KB, 640x438px
anybody feel like they just lost the game? they've failed to complete the level and there's just "game over" right there. you cant ignore it. its juts there. thats it. you lost. you'll never have another shot at it. you'll never go back to being a teen. you'll never have your first kiss. you'll never get a genuine laugh out of that girl's eyes.

>be 20
>never learned how to socialize
>tried working out and failed
>tried learning new things and failed
>tried being a normie and failed
>tried going to a good college and failed (about to transfer)
>tried to get laid and failed
>did a lot of self-improvement in order to date crush and failed
>packing my bags as I type, going home in shame, no friends
>I had one shot at being with my soul mate and ruined it
>mfw

there's not even vidya or anime waiting at home. nothing by missed memories. oh, i could try doing better at my next college. but why bother. ive tried the level and failed
so many times
>>
File: 241.png (30KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
241.png
30KB, 300x100px
>>37975169

Who cares honestly, quit your melodramatics, you base your life to the values of others, you're not an individual that's your problem.

Besides "soul mate" really soul mate, quit trying to romanticize everything, that's the problem you try to imagine how life "should" be
What you don't get is that most of the things you base your values on are just fabricated false notions, there is no ideal partner, there is no ideal job.

In the end it doesn't matter, in the grand scheme of things on a universal scale humans aren't shit, especially if you're just a run of the mill average joe

I also don't get people's obsession over woman and the need to be in a relationship, in that mindset you'll never be with anyone

You view a partner as an asset, an addition to your list of things YOU WANT, it's about objectification and trying to meticulously fabricate your life.

You view your goals as mere trophies, checklist of things that you want in order to feel as if your worth anything and to get validated by others

-

Your problem is that your dick, your ego and your false sense of success created by society is pushing you to be unhappy.
>>
>>37975691
I'm sorry if I'm not as enlightened as you are, bro. Wha, so easy. Thanks. Now let me undo 20 years of human education. Also did you not read the post. If I cited "soulmate" and "getting laid" in two separate lines that tells you something you ugly cunt. I didn't see her as a possession.
>>
>>37975943

>you ugly cunt.

Right don't know where that fits into context, but there's clearly some projection going on here

It's fine

Also stop stitching odd sentences with punctuation's and unnecessary capital letters together and use spacing.
>>
>>37975169
It's not game over til you die m8. Part of life is overcoming your struggles. If you still want to succeed, get up and try again.
>>
>>37976080
I failed so brazenly I don't even want to. I hope you can agree that years 7-20 are a big part of your life. Well I just messed them up.

>>37976074
What, if, I told, You to kill yourself, ugly cunt
I abhor. people. of your ilk
>>
>>37975691
>In the end it doesn't matter, in the grand scheme of things on a universal scale humans aren't shit, especially if you're just a run of the mill average joe
jesus christ what kind of shitty advice is this, you literally have NOTHING of substance to say you dumb fucking normie.
>>
File: téléchargement (3).jpg (8KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
téléchargement (3).jpg
8KB, 226x223px
>>37976080
>Get up and try again
To fail harder again.
>>
>>37976199
Do you quit whenever you fail in a video game? Or do you get up and try again until you succeed?
>>
>>37976119

Again odd spacing and unnecessary punctuation

Your now using words out of your vocabulary in order to mask up the fact that you're an idiot

Of course you failed College i mean fuck, also you might add easily provoked to that wash list of "i'm a shallow cunt and i suck at everything"
>>
File: 1496559699119.jpg (41KB, 641x530px) Image search: [Google]
1496559699119.jpg
41KB, 641x530px
>>37975691
>In the end it doesn't matter, in the grand scheme of things on a universal scale humans aren't shit, especially if you're just a run of the mill average joe

Kek. Pseudo philosophical normie garbage.
>>
>>37976214
well I dont feel the pain, suffering and monetary repercussions I feel from real life failure in a video game
>>
>>37976257
>I don't feel the pain, suffering, and monetary repercussions

Excuses. Excuses. Each failure yields experience and wisdom. Nothing ventured is nothing gained. You'll never know if you don't try.
>>
File: 1496185362211.jpg (29KB, 450x351px) Image search: [Google]
1496185362211.jpg
29KB, 450x351px
>>37976292
>You are probably a normie so i don't expect you to understand the robots' life

Is that your little go to defense whenever someone says something you disagree with?
And don't give me that probability bullshit, With each failure, you learn a little more and come one step closer to success.

>Being rejected by every female i asked out for 10 years wears on your confidence and self image that you will not try again.

Have you not even once considering trying another route instead of just asking women on dates? Have you ever tried casually slipping it into a conversation, or did you just walk up to women and ask them out?
>>
>>37976214

The difference is that video games have an observable and achievable goal to work towards and you get to try as many times as you want.

Life can be pretty much over once you fail once and fall into a spiral of depression and self doubt.
>>
>>37975943
>goes to /r9k/ instead of a feels thread to whine about his miserable life
>seemingly expects everyone to say "its going to be ok anon"
>receives some reasonable criticism instead
>gets butthurt
no wonder your life is shit you retard
>>
>>37976359
>Life can be pretty much over once you fail once and fall into a spiral of depression and self doubt.

You're still alive aren't you? Or are you just a skeleton typing on a keyboard?

>video games have an observable and achievable goal to work towards and you get to try as many times as you want

Try putting some effort into life on your part and you'll actually make some observable and achievable goals to work towards.
>>
File: 1497514446701.jpg (99KB, 960x944px) Image search: [Google]
1497514446701.jpg
99KB, 960x944px
>>37976334
>Have you ever tried casually slipping it into a conversation, or did you just walk up to women and ask them out?

Do you take me for a stupid faggot ? Who the fuck randomly walks up to a female he doesn't know and ask her to date ? As i said, you are probably a normie who doesn't the robots' struggle.

Yeah, i tried that many times. I even tried many other routes. I even took the "self improvement therapy gym hobbie be social go to social gathering be part of a community" pill. And yet here i am.

You don't get it. I am not asking for advices. I am just making my time till i decide to kys.
>>
>>37976446
Did you at any point say the following?
>"Would you go on a date with me?"
>>
>>37976214
He probably tried harder than any normie has and still failed, so stop your "you're not trying hard enough" nonsense. Some guys have had several relationships with women without ever even asking one out.

>>37976334
>With each failure, you learn a little more and come one step closer to success.
No, you idiot. Everytime you fail, that strikes a blow on your self-esteem, which makes it even harder to succeed next time. When it comes to learning a new behaviour, most people give up after 2-3 such failures. You CANNOT expect a person to keep trying dozens of times after failing, because nobody has the strength or mental power to keep trying something over and over again without any successes on the way.
>>
>>37976412

ask any normal person on the street what their goals in life are or what they're working to achieve and they couldn't give you a straight answer.

How exactly do you think people with years and decades of anxiety, depression, avoidance behaviours and negative reinforcement are supposed to be able to just "put some effort in"

Why the fuck do you think we're on this board? It's easy to offer false platitudes and worthless advice on topics you have no knowledge of to give yourself a feeling of unearned moral superiority.
>>
File: ASm732U.jpg (83KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ASm732U.jpg
83KB, 500x500px
>>37976481
Fuck off please. I said i am not asking for advices or to be lectured.
Yeah, i said that.
>>
>>37976074
>>37975691
>yfw reddit spacing meme is real
>>
>>37976484
>You CANNOT expect a person to keep trying dozens of times after failing, because nobody has the strength or mental power to keep trying something over and over again without any successes on the way.

Yet orphans in fucking poverty all their life can rise to success better than you.

>>37976507
>ask any normal person on the street what their goals in life are or what they're working to achieve and they couldn't give you a straight answer.

How many people unconsciously live their life without a second thought?

How exactly do you think people with years and decades of anxiety, depression, avoidance behaviours and negative reinforcement are supposed to be able to just "put some effort in"

Try clearing your mind or realizing that none of it exists outside of you.

Why the fuck do you think we're on this board? It's easy to offer false platitudes and worthless advice on topics you have no knowledge of to give yourself a feeling of unearned moral superiority.

Indeed it is, yet some of the robots who successfully left here actually went on to lead successful wholesome lives while others simply chose to lie down and die.
>>
>>37976507
>It's easy to offer false platitudes and worthless advice on topics you have no knowledge of to give yourself a feeling of unearned moral superiority.
This. Normies come here and start posting their useless pseudo advice within the first day of browsing this board. I could write their shitty "dude just keep trying lmao" posts in my sleep. One thing i know is that you should never give advice about things you haven't got a clue about, because you just end up sounding like a fool trying to make everything super generalized.
>>
>>37975943
the dude gives you actual advice that's not circlejerking and pity and you tell him to fuck off

Just go out and stop being a faggot.
>>
>>37976530
>mfw this guy literally just came here from reddit

>>37975691
>>37976074
>>37976578
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 640x360px
>>37976080

Pic related desu senpai ne ne origami
>>
>>37976652
>someone offers an actual advice instead of pitying and giving """understanding"""
>FUCKING NORMIES WON'T UNDERSTAND MY FEELINGS GET OFF MY BOARD RRREEEEEEE
>>
File: N8Ih2mc.gif (822KB, 446x333px) Image search: [Google]
N8Ih2mc.gif
822KB, 446x333px
>>37976359
>Life can be pretty much over once you fail once and fall into a spiral of depression and self doubt.

>>37976484
>No, you idiot. Everytime you fail, that strikes a blow on your self-esteem, which makes it even harder to succeed next time. When it comes to learning a new behaviour, most people give up after 2-3 such failures.

OP here. The two posts above have pretty much answered for me. I've tried practically since I came of age to be a normie. I groomed myself for success in all the ways you could imagine. I failed, once, twice, thrice, fuck, why keep going? Every time I try to climb higher I fall from a greater height. No point in trying. It feels like pic related just worse.
>>
>>37975169
>>be 20
>tried everything

nigger you didn't try anything you're only 20, stop with the drama, basically what everyone else here is saying

YOU'RE JUST 20, you have a world of opportunities
>>
The problem with Normies advice is that they don't have perspective on who we are. For example, I am a loud-mouthed autist who will keep getting in conversations with people only to hurt them. After 22 years, I have zero idea about social conventions or what people expect, partly because myself is my own priority. It is easy to obtain the things, it is hard to do it without becoming unfaithful to yourself. Of course, I am not complaining about the lack of a girlfriend either as she would just want to change me.

But the problem with Normies advice is that their lack of perspective means that they don't realize how retarded they are. Let me invite you into my world. I cannot tie my own shoes, I just slip them on to pretend I know how to do it. I can't understand anything anyone says, I just am great at making people believe I understood them. I cannot hold a bottle of soda without pulling my back muscles. I cannot use a phone without hitting every wrong button and wasting a literal hour trying to respond to someone while being upset everyone else can do it in seconds. I can't use a bathroom properly, everyone always complains about the mess I leave behind as I cannot go in a toilet. I forget constantly where I am and start panicking. I lock myself out of my bedroom a lot and have to wait for my parents to drive down with a spare key. I stare at people's crotches, I can't look at their faces. I spend most of my time fighting my urge to do autistic things like chasing shadows or squeaking like a mouse. I have problems understanding if someone is in the bathroom or not. I cannot go anywhere without a 2 liter bottle of Dr Pepper or else I refuse to drink, even if it will dehydrate me, due to how unbearable everything else tastes.

So how on earth am I supposed to make it in society? I have spent the last few hours obsessing over Sesame Street and you expect me to somehow make it in life? To get a female that can tolerate me being a retard?
>>
>>37976742
I don't think they understand. "Try harder" just doesn't make sense. You can't "try harder" when you've tried seemingly all you could only to end up like a pathetic slob, right the way you were before you tried.
I reckon I was rude to this anon, but he's just too fucking insufferable.
>>
>>37976742
Why should you give advice to someone if you don't understand their feelings? You come here and pretend to be sages yet you haven't got a clue of what you're talking about. That's why you say dumb shit like "Man we're all gonna die someday everything is just atoms dude". Like what the hell you call that actual advice? You're literally just bullshitting.
>>
>>37976883
>YOU'RE JUST 20, you have a world of opportunities
I've completely skipped the most elementary part of life, that part when you build social ties and learn how to make small talk, make friends, and behave like your peers. I've tried changing after that and failed. I've been through high school and college. Saying "ohh you're just 20" just doesn't work. You may be right, but I don't realize it. And when you're depressed and anxious all the time this advice doesn't make any fucking sense. What's worse, it actually cripples me with guilt more than I need to, because everybody says that, and if they were right, I'd know it by then. People have been saying that BS since I was 18 and here I am.
>>
>>37976988
Can you please tell me why you care about friends? Your peers? Your love life? The perfect solution is that if everyone hates your guts, other people don't matter. Retreat where you are accepted, your head, and learn to distance yourself from society. The only winning move is not to play.
>>
>>37977080
I care about it because it's life. If I were raised an hermit among the wolves, I wouldn't care. But all my life, and even today by the media & such, the normie way of life has been beaten to a pulp unto my brain. If retreating inside your head was so easy you wouldn't have entire websites filled with people complaining about how shitty their life is.
>>
File: 1496683481648.jpg (38KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
1496683481648.jpg
38KB, 500x484px
>>37976911
I actually OP i wish i wish i never tried in the first place. At least, i would say i can get it if i try and that would make me happy for a moment.

But when you try all you can and fail, you just want to kys. To get off this ride.
>>
No, my game softlocked. I can still move and do things but nothing happens.
>>
File: 1489370631984.png (39KB, 147x181px) Image search: [Google]
1489370631984.png
39KB, 147x181px
>>37977080
>Can you please tell me why you care about friends? Your peers? Your love life? The perfect solution is that if everyone hates your guts, other people don't matter. Retreat where you are accepted, your head, and learn to distance yourself from society. The only winning move is not to play.
Leave this board you fucking moron.
>>
>>37975169
>be 20
Lol, stop there dude. The game isn't anywhere near over.

You need to adjust your metaphor. Unless you're dealt the shittiest hand, life isn't like a side scroller or fps where if you make a couple mistakes you're just fucked. It's more like an MMORPG where you can choose to spend time grinding different stats to make your character better. I think what you need to do is do some research to see what more efficient ways of gaining XP might be.

This is you - imagine you're playing and MMO and you see a high level player with lots of money and gear and shit. Would you just be like "Oh man, I'll never be like that guy. I started playing the game too late,"? No, you play the game to have fun because what the fuck else is there to do, and you don't feel like you're a total waste because you're not a level 116 Chad Thundercock. Now go figure out the best ways to grind the social skills and looks XP, you pussy.
>>
>>37977129
Why not ignore the normie way of life? You have tried it, it isn't for you, why not stop it? There is an alternative route. Why is it so hard to retreat into one's head anon? What have you got to lose by trying it?

Think about it this way. Are you creative anon? Can you think about the Teletubbies sitting around in a circle gang-banging the vacuum before Twinky-Winky yells "Uh-Oh" due to cumming inside the vacuum, upon which the eyes of the vacuum start spinning as his life has gone from normal operations to being a cum dumpster.

If you can imagine the above, you have creativity. If you have creativity, you have an alternative world to enter. If you have an alternative world to enter, use it to enjoy yourself. Admit grudgingly to continue in reality at some distance, use it to shitpost on 4chan, but realize if the world is garbage that you can imagine a better one. I have had people scream at me, saying why I would dare prefer a fake world to a real one, to which I say... it is as real as you make it. If you imagine it hard enough, it becomes reality as well anon. In it, you can find peace for you control the rules.
>>
20 is young as fuck. Just do something with your life and don't sit at home feeling sorry for yourself or you'll end up in the same position at 25 like me
>>
>>37977225
Why am I a moron? For asking questions? A moron would never ask questions, would never seek to expand their knowledge base anon.
>>
File: 1482103956613.png (11KB, 470x454px) Image search: [Google]
1482103956613.png
11KB, 470x454px
>>37977327
>mfw this actually makes everything seem more manageable
i'm gonna try to get better clothes and learn to cook decently
>>
File: 1394544998246.png (187KB, 261x271px) Image search: [Google]
1394544998246.png
187KB, 261x271px
Did anyone else think that this was a the game meme? Then I remembered it's not 2008. I feel so old.
>>
>>37975169
What you posted pretty much descibes me, but on top of that I've failed literally every single thing I've ever set out to do. I lost my dream job due to medical\psych history, same thing with backup plans, I failed getting my driver's license, and so forth.
My entire life is nothing but a long-extended failure, and I'm too much of a faggot to do the one thing that would solve that problem and kill myself. So all I'm going to do if I don't work up the bravery is work dead end job after dead end job for my entire life.
>>
>>37977416
I should do what I do in every RPG. Break into every house and steal everything not bolted down to the point I have more money than I know what to do with. If anyone complains, punch them. If they start to attack back, run outside the house, they can't follow.

Okay, so dating must be like Bioware. So I just need to run up to every person in the world and ask them who they are and where the local tavern is. I then need to find out if they are an essential NPC and punch them to death if they are not because I could get a few gold coins for their clothes. Sure, you get the law after you, but then you just go to another town. Nobody would arrest you if you didn't return to your home town after raping everyone in it.

Man, I have been doing everything wrong, I have been too passive and ignoring all these lucrative opportunities to break into houses.
>>
>>37977458
Wait, we don't use "the game" anymore? I am so out of touch with society I didn't realize that was outdated. Makes me scared to find out what else has changed in the last decade.
>>
>>37977416
True, nice analogy.

>>37977388
I get it. But when you're depressed, everything loses value. You simply don't have enough energy or motivation. You know you can still fix things. But there's an invisible wall stopping you.
>>
I lost once or twice and then gave up trying because the game wasn't fun enough. I'm not gonna spend years of my life gitting gud at a game that I hate.
>>
File: 1393311963466.jpg (25KB, 600x333px) Image search: [Google]
1393311963466.jpg
25KB, 600x333px
>>37977565

We both just lost anyway. Hah.
>>
>>37975169
I lost, but the difference is I haven't even tried. You have something to be proud of.
>>
>>37977722
Trying and failing is nothing to be proud of, take it from me.
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 229x343px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 229x343px
>>37975169
>lost the game
Fuck you OP, you made me lose
>>
>>37977770
It is because you were strong enough to try it in the first place. Failing is another topic.
>>
Realize that giving up is always an option. We all suffer through life and feel like it isnt fair. I know I've wanted to quit. Keep going because I'm still going. Improve yourself and do your best. I know you arent so start trying
>>
>>37976988
>I've completely skipped the most elementary part of life, that part when you build social ties and learn how to make small talk, make friends, and behave like your peers.

I feel you man, i know what this feels like, maybe i haven't felt it as intense as you, but i surely have felt it. I'm saying our only difference is intensity, but the feeling is the same, for that reason i think i can give you a piece of advice.

Firstly you must understand that you and everything about you is malleable, you are way more adaptable than you think, that goes for your personality, for your body, and everything about you. One thing that holds you back (like pretty much everyone else) is that you don't realize this, you think your anxieties, your depression, and you "not knowing how to make small talk", you think its all permanent, and because you're 20 you think its set in stone now. Now i'm not gonna lie, parts of it probably are set in stone, in the sense that they may not ever go away completely, like anxiety, but it can surely be mediated, and dealt with to the point it will be AS IF it went away.

Now sure, you may have missed out on "elementary parts" but understand that it is absolutely 100% possible to catch up because you are malleable. Now my point is a rather subjective one so bear with me. Your biggest obstacle, your main problem, is even being aware of this, you knowing that you missed out on "elementary parts" makes you constantly question any impulse or small talk or plan or anything you come up with in a social situation. You are too self aware (yes there is such a thing), stop questioning and instead act, too much self awareness paralyzes you, it stops you from doing anything. That is toxic, because to learn you must do, succeed and fail, there is no way around that, get over it. In short, stop being so self aware and let yourself do things, go places and get out of your comfort zone in social situations, and most importantly, LET yourself learn. Cont..
>>
File: IMG_0318.png (1MB, 1200x1261px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0318.png
1MB, 1200x1261px
>>37975169
Same age, similar story but even worse because I've made decisions that permanently fuck me over. Yeah, I fucking failed. Big time. I lost almost everything I had. Everything I own fits in a backpack. Everything I ever tried or did has ended in complete failure. Even when I have nothing else to lose, I'm still a spergy, socially awkward loser. I've hit lows that most people never will. Like laying on the ground outside of a sketchy gas station at 4am on a Tuesday next to a pool of my own vomit. Gonna be homeless again in a week. Fuck it
>>
>>37975169
>anybody feel like they just lost the game? they've failed to complete the level and there's just "game over" right there. you cant ignore it.

Yes, but i get to read posts like these and it resonates with my life, like a song I would never get unless I came to this pathetic unfortunate end.
>>
>>37978384
Continued.

Another thing about that self awareness, once you open your eyes you will realize that social interactions among young people is messy as hell, there are not nearly as many rules and norms you must watch out for as you think. The real kicker is that the ones with very low self awareness are often very successful, they make mistakes constantly too, pay attention you will notice regular ass people do cringy stuff all the time. Regular people are insecure aswell, it's just that from a spectator perspective you don't pick up on that, from the outside a group of people may look like everyone got their shit together. Get to know them and you discover that a couple of them constantly talk shit about one in the group, or that one person don't really like the other ones but doesn't talk openly about it.

Social interactions are inherently messy, there are no right and wrong things to say during small talk, when two people meet for the first time they overstep each others boundaries constantly, they say cringy shit or unfunny stuff all the time, just pay attention and you will notice these things.

This is the most freeing thing to realize, as a guy that used to be anxious all the time, i'll tell you the most recovering realization ever is this: people make mistakes in social interactions all the fucking time, its not just you. I clearly remember walking around with this notion that everyone knew what to say and how to act at all times except me, at age 25 i've realized that could not be further from the truth.

So fucking stop being so hard on yourself, because the fact that you are being hard on yourself is exactly what is preventing you from making any progress.

Since i said "you're just 25" you may think im oldfag but im just 25 man, and i've been an anxious, low self esteem guy for most of my life. The reason i said that is because i've made so much progress since i was 20, it's like i'm not even the same person.

All the best man.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.