[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Internet nostalgia thread.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

File: hqdefault (1).jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
11KB, 480x360px
Back before the normies ruled and nerds were still actually abnormal, internet nostalgia.

Now I'm talking real nostalgia, not only 4chan stuff, but stuff like old YouTube videos and newgrounds.

If it was mainstream, it's not anymore, so its probably not normie.

I'll start.
>Member to catch a predator?
>>
6.99 for a value meal
6.99 for a value meal
>>
>>37968895
>internet nostalgia
>posts this trash
10/10 OP
>>
>>37968895
Here's a llama there's a llama and another little llama something something something something llama llama duck
>>
>>37968955
I was still a kid back in like 08, and so we're you, faggot.
>>
>>37969042
>I was still a kid back in like 08
Now I feel old
>>
>>37968895

>you will never have a secret Internet club to retreat from the normies to again

Fuck Facebook and mobile phones. They are responsible for Internet normiefication.
>>
>>37969042
>we're you
You're me? -2/10 this time OP.
>>
>>37969077 #
12 hours of hl2 rp will do that to a man.

>>37969056 #
How old are you then? Most people on here are '18'

>>37969072 #
That was actually what I was thinking. Smartphones are so useful, but they're the downfall of society. Plus the humble bragging of Facebook generally makes me sick, I only use it to talk to my only friend, and the little dev team im in, and shitposting on the anti-media, aside from that, I fucking hate it.
>>
>>37969166

First letter of name starts with P?
>>
>>37968895
https://youtu.be/4WgT9gy4zQA
>>
>>37968895

If you think normies didn't rule the internet in 2008 then you are stupid and a pretentious cunt.
>>
>>37969193
Nope.

>>37969218
>I only use bulletin boards now, kiddo.
Fuck off, normies were better back then. If you say they weren't, you're an actual autistic, even for too standards. Also, it was a hell of a lot small knit. Also I meant anything 2008 and before, but mainly 05-08
>>
>>37968895
OLD GODZILLA WAS HOPPIN' AROUND
TOKYO CITY LIKE A BIG PLAYGROUND
WHEN SUDDENLY BATMAN BURST FROM THE SHADE
AND HIT GODZILLA WITH A this video is fucking 9 years old
https://youtu.be/4WgT9gy4zQA
>>
>>37969258
Did you hear his new album? Shit was fucking crazy compared to the stuff he use to make.
>>
>>37969276
I haven't, might check it out now though
>>
>>37969257

>Fuck off, normies were better back then.

That's because you were a dumb kid in '08. Normies are cancer, no matter what time period it is. They already ruled the Internet with Myspace, Jewtube, Facebook, and Blogger. Fuck out of here trying to sound sophisticated, faggot.
>>
>>37969364
>Stop trying to sound sophisticated
I literally just spelt were wrong, I think you might just be retarded. Also, normies were not good back then, yes, but they were not as bad as the 10s normies, but the 00s normies are worse than 90s and so forth until a certain time. I don't know why it's like that, maybe I'm getting old, but they seem like NPC's now, maybe I've grown up, I don't know. Maybe they were the same and you're right, I was a dumb 10 year old kid in 2008 after all.
>>
I want a double cheeseburger and hold the lettuce

don't be frontin son no cheese on the bun
>>
File: realplayer.jpg (165KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
realplayer.jpg
165KB, 640x480px
>accidentally click realplayer icon on desktop
>have to wait several minutes for it to launch just to shut if off, or then just reboot the whole computer
>both options took equal amount of time

And browsing internet/playing games during the wait was out of the question because realplayer took so much RAM that you couldn't do anything.
>>
File: 2007 nerd geek video games.jpg (66KB, 681x506px) Image search: [Google]
2007 nerd geek video games.jpg
66KB, 681x506px
>>37969218
Normies of the 2008 were working adults, school kids, and students.
Normies of today are everybody who are not nerds.

You have to understand that 2007-2008 was the time when smartphones were becoming the standard, and this kind of technology was finally made fully mainstream. Internet wasn't anymore "that weird slow text shit only nerds use", but this magical tool to be in contact with all your friends 24/7.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Internet_usage

Internet became very fast the "new" television.
>>
>>37969950
>Normies of today are everybody who are not nerds.

Wrong, normies also like advertising themselves as nerds XD.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n33z46Lf9S1s9ouk5.png (53KB, 250x348px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n33z46Lf9S1s9ouk5.png
53KB, 250x348px
Hey, got any grapes?

oooooo
>>
I don't know about you guys, but the only thing I remember from 2008-2011 was Jurassic Park Operation Genesis videos and this shit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_H3MWVx6JU
>>
>>37970020
Not to mention shitty Train Simulator videos recorded in Fraps/Bandicam.
>>
File: internet.jpg (36KB, 479x352px) Image search: [Google]
internet.jpg
36KB, 479x352px
I miss the old internet. Of course technology was clunky, internet was slow as fuck, and everything felt like a wasteland of random shit. But it's not the technology I really miss, but the feeling of exploration. Remember trying to search for cheat codes for video games before there were any websites dedicated on cheat codes and walkthroughs? You could easily end up someone's website that held the cheat codes, and then some strange shit by the owner of that site.
Back in the days before social media people used to make their own personal websites about themselves. You searched for some cheat codes, and suddenly you were browsing some 15-year old nerd's website with grainy ass jaypegs, animated gifs that would bring your browser to its knees, and cheat codes that didn't even work.

Again, I don't *really* miss any of that shit. What I really miss is the feeling of adventure and mystery. Every time I sat on computer I would experience or learn something new. Nowadays internet is so integrated into my daily routine that I don't even think about it like that anymore. Internet feels so natural to me, like reading a newspaper or making a sandwich.

I've been recently learning to code, and the feeling I get from it is pretty similar to my first experiences with the internet. The feeling of mysteryn and this complex sounding system unfolding in front of my eyes, giving me the opportunity to learn about a world beyond our world.
>>
File: linkin park.jpg (113KB, 381x500px) Image search: [Google]
linkin park.jpg
113KB, 381x500px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMEokosRV44

Remember when this kind of videos were made sincerely by kids who thought this was "cool" or "badass", and not ironically as memes?
>>
File: 4636.jpg (30KB, 608x464px) Image search: [Google]
4636.jpg
30KB, 608x464px
>>37970020
>new game comes out
>decide to check if there is any gameplay on this new website called youtube
>click on video, let it buffer for 10 minutes
>click play
>"let the bodies hit the floor let the bodies hit the floor let the bodies hit the-"
>*tss tss*
>FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRR
>>
File: san andreas youtube video.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
san andreas youtube video.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>[]x-files theme intensifies]
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2IbwC8Ck4w

Linkin Park, Naruto, and my ps2 was all I cared about at the time I miss those comfy days
>>
>>37970131
dug this one up from a few years back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOQKNMsbZxc
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.