[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I-its not real...is it anons

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: meme-1.jpg (98KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
meme-1.jpg
98KB, 400x400px
I-its not real...is it anons
>>
It's real in theory but in practice it's not actually as passive as it looks. It requires building an audience to buy your stuff and that requires hard work.
>>
>>37957869
It's not. Interest is usually lower than inflation and bonds are only slightly higher than it.
If you are really rich it is viable if you maintain a constant vigilance on the market, but at this point it's not really "passive".
>>
>>37957869
throw your money in VTSAX
>>
dividend stocks
>>
It's real
https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started
http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/

tl;dr
If your expenses are lower than your passive income you can live without working. That requires a frugal lifestyle and investing efficiently (i.e. index funds).

Basically this.
>>37958132

>>37958089
Active management is a meme. But don't take it from me, but from an assload of Nobel economists.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwkjqGd8NC4

And that's my good deed for today.
>>
If you're investments are diversified enough, you won't have to work. Have some that are short term and some long term and you'll have income
>>
>>37958089
Nah you can get a higher yield than inflation pretty easily, even from pretty boring bonds and blue-chip stocks. It gets easier if you're willing to accept junk bonds, REITs, preferred shares, international bonds, etc. For that to make enough for you to live on you have to have a pretty big pile of capital though. A 5% yield needs a million bucks to give you $50k.

Real estate that you own directly (as in, you bought a building, not shares in something) is most certainly NOT passive income. Being a landlord is quite a bit of work.
>>
File: 1498420516878.jpg (40KB, 447x600px) Image search: [Google]
1498420516878.jpg
40KB, 447x600px
When will you retards realize stock markets are USELESS if you don't have millions to begin with?

Look up affiliate marketing, for the same money spent you could get a lot more return
>>
>>37957869
I passively make around $1500 a month; during the Christmas season I make 4 times that. It's not entirely passive because I have to do stuff to get those cogs rolling, but I'm technically not working for anyone. I live at home with my parents and do it all from my laptop without having to interact with people.

It's great because it's not even a job to me, it's fun and I can work on it whenever I feel like it. The more I work on it the more of a return on investment I have the investment being my time. It doesn't even matter much if I stop maintaining for a couple months because I still generate cash with what I have set up.

I do have the right skillset and mindset to make it work though.
>>
>>37958411
Yeah, blow all your money on Amway and Herbalife, that's the way to go.

Meming cryptocurrencies would be a better use of your time.
>>
>>37958591
What the fuck are you talking about? Shitty MLM companies? There are many legit affiliate programs out there including ebay, amazon, aliexpress, and even Wal-Mart has one.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.