[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is r9k's opinion on star wars?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Star-Wars-1200x675.jpg (102KB, 960x539px) Image search: [Google]
Star-Wars-1200x675.jpg
102KB, 960x539px
What is r9k's opinion on star wars?
>>
>>37953110
Most overrated crap ever. The old ones were fun space adventure movies. Everything after that shouldn't exist - except for KOTOR 2, which manages to be far more interesting than anything else in the series precisely because it was written by someone who hates Star Wars and realises how stupid the whole thing is.
>>
>>37953588
Kotor2 was fucking genius.
>>
>>37953110
I like episodes IV, V, and VI. And the new one where Death Star plans were stolen by science daughter.

The rest were weird and forgettable.
>>
This is now a Harry S. Plinkett thread.
>>
Originals were the best
Prequels were good for the most part (sand)
New ones are shit, not going to see any more seeing that they're going to kill off luke
Rogue One was better than I expected though
>>
>>37953110
the two trilogies were good
disney stuff is shit
rogue one is one of the worst films I have ever watched
>>
I saw the first of the prequel trilogy when I was 12, didn't care for it enough, never bothered watching anything else or playing anything.

This whole franchise always just felt like one of those "such a nerd" things so I also avoided it because of this.
>>
Very overrated. These movies are outdated and campy as hell. I hate it when people are trying to be philosophical and telling us that there is a "much deeper message" to these movies. Those people are in the same league as the LOZ fans praising the first game on how "it's still great to this day."
>>
>>37953110
I like the world around it more than the actual movies themselves. I rewatched the OT and Consider it so bad it's good with legit kino moments
>>
The first three were fun adventure movies that deserve a watch or two but honestly don't deserve to be endlessly fucking dissected and talked about.

The next three were obvious trash

TFA was OK I guess. Rebel One was garbage. I am already sick of them and I hate the fact that there's going to be another fucking Star Wars movie every year from now until the sun implodes. People are going to get really fucking sick of Star Wars really fucking quick, hopefully as sick as I find them
>>
>>37953110
It's fun, but I really don't get why it's so praised. The effects were great for the time, but other than that it's just a goofy sci-fy movie, and yet people treat it as some sort of modern epic.
>>
>>37953110
Loved the series as a kid. I don't frequent the movies anymore, but I still do thoroughly enjoy the universe building. It's just all around a neat theme that they hashed out well imo. Made some killer games over the years.
>>
>>37953110
It`s pretty fucking great. Especially the old Expanded Universe before Disney shat all over it.
>>
>>37953110
Not very good movies imo. That goes for all of them.
>>
>>37953898
Rogue one was pretty shit "THE FORCE IS WIT ME I AM WIT DA FORS"

So fucking annoying. However, I would say Force Awakens was worse just because of how fucking bad Rei is. Rei is bad, her actor is bad, everything about her is just fucking terrible. It's literally a character shilled in by Disney for the sake of pushing this feminist agenda. Fin was an interesting character, since it's not often you get a half decent depiction of a turncoat being a good guy, but what do they do? Fin gets assblasted into a coma by some edgy teenager who worships darth vader, and Rei suddenly starts kicking the shit out of him because "muh gurl power". She's a horrible mary sue created for the purpose of pushing an agenda, and it just ruins the movie for me. For every single cool part of the movie, there's about 3 more parts with Rei displaying a random proficiency for absolutely no reason, all the while her actress can't act whatsoever. Whenever Rei needs to show emotion, she just bares her fucking teeth and widens her eyes while yelling. This is an autismo level rant but jesus fucking christ I hate rei so much.
>>
>>37955171
daisy ridley really is a shit actress, her only acting ability is some half assed exciting voice. Her character is so fucking op too.
>>
>>37953110
>A New Hope
Excellent movie. Captures the feelings of science fiction space fantasy perfectly. There is no cooler team of ragtag space people than Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa, and Han Solo. The movie ends with little want for a sequel. Perfectly self contained and to this day still gives goosebumps.

A+

>The Empire Strikes Back
This is where I want the series to go, but George Lucas's influence is starting to be seen with characters like Yoda. Still a fantastic flick, but from here on out, it will never be the same.

A-

>Return of the Jedi
George Lucas lets us have it. Like a shotgun blast to the face in only the first quarter of the movie, we get puppets and animations, and a bunch of shit we don't need. Yeah Luke, Leia, and Han are still there, but now they've got a bunch of extra character baggage with each other that I don't feel the same way about them like I did in the first movie. Then the Ewoks show up.

C+
>>
>>37955950
>The Phantom Menace
I was 9 years old when my parents took me to see this. Even then I knew it was shit. George Lucas tour-de-force. At least Natalie Portman is in it. Watch her scenes on mute as to not get tangled up in lame dialogue.

D

>Attack of the Clones
Maybe because I expected it to be the same or to be worse than Phantom, I came away actually impressed by the action scenes and more emphasis on characters rather than CGI aliens and dumb George Lucas shit. Obi-Wan is actually kind of cool by the end of this.

C-

>Revenge of the Sith
The story we've all been waiting for. It turns out to be not much better than Clones. Obi-Wan is still the one character you want to root for, and seeing him fuck Anakin up is pretty cool. Could have really done without the famous "NOOOOOOOO".

C-
>>
>>37955950
>Rogue One
B-
>>
>>37953110
>What is r9k's opinion on star wars?
Never watched it
Don't give a shit
>>
>>37956148
>The Force Awakens
Tapping into my nostalgia for the old trilogy, it didn't let me down like the prequels. Han Solo dying and the Starkiller base easily knock this movie down a full letter grade.

C-

>Rogue One
More nostalgia, and more likable characters (too bad they all die and the end). Actually a much better movie than Force Awakens.

C+
>>
Its the Hidden Fortress in space, but katanas are lighswords.
>>
File: IronKnight.jpg (134KB, 700x1400px) Image search: [Google]
IronKnight.jpg
134KB, 700x1400px
not enough iron knights
>>
I've never seen a single Star Wars film and I'm sick of it just because it's fucking everywhere whenever a new film comes out. It's a good thing Disney will keep pumping out movies for the next three decades.
>>
>>37956724
Watching A New Hope is worth it. Don't bother with the rest.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.