[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you vegan, robots?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 5

Why aren't you vegan, robots?
>>
>>37947354
Because I like my steak. Cooked.
>>
>>37947354
I was and then I saw meat on my fridge and realized it was already dead and didn't want it to go to waste so I ate it. Now I've become a meat goblin waiting for people to leave things for me.
>>
>>37947363
>not being vegan for the health benefits
>>
>>37947354
need eggs and cheese, otherwise i'm good

Big ups if you're vegan tho
>>
>>37947354
parents do grocery shopping and I don't care about the health benefits
>>
>>37947354
I idealize the vegan dietary lifestyle, but lack the motivation to learn enough about nutritional requirements to try to make it work.

Also, it's an enormous pain in the ass if you go out to eat to get vegetarian/vegan options.
If you cook for yourself that's not an issue at all.
>>
I don't see any point to change when my current diet/eating habits are working just fine for me.
>>
I am. Although I have an animal skull necklace. But that's different because I just found the skull. I didn't kill an animal to make it.
>>
>>37947386
What, are you a fatass? Eating meat once in a while doesn't fuck you up. If you need a religious vow to be healthy there's something wrong with ya in the first place.

If I was independent I wouldn't buy meat though.

>>37947427
Couldn't be easier to eat vegetarian, lad. It's stressing over milk, eggs and animal products that gets annoying for lazy people. If you want to go vegetarian for health, I think the health benefit from just eating meat with moderation is high.

>>37947501
If someone else bought meat and left it on your fridge would you let it rot and go to waste?
>>
>>37947539
I remember hearing about freegans; vegans unless someone is giving them free food.
>>
>>37947552
Well it's not that, what I'm talking about. If someone is gonna buy something and not eat it, you might as well eat it and not let it go to waste. Like if you're living with someone for example.

That's assuming you're a vegan as protest and not just for health issues though.
>>
>>37947539
>If someone else bought meat and left it on your fridge would you let it rot and go to waste?
I would give it a funeral and tell that person never to do it again.
>>
>>37947354

Because it gets boring to only eat fucking vegetables all day long. Holy shit I hate veganshill threads so much, sage all over
>>
>>37947658
what a waste rip
>>
>>37947354
I like the taste of meat, don't care about cancer, and don't care if animals suffer
>>
#plantlivesmatter
#plantmatterlives
>>
>>37947666
I think it's mostly grains, not vegetables.
>>
>>37947688
the shittiest meme from meat eaters who get their egos hurt
>>
>>37947354
Meatfags bow to vegetarians. Notice how the tone of the scorned meatfag is one of resentment, not of contempt or annoyance.

"How dare you snatch away from me my illusions of moral goodness? To come in the night like a thief and do such a thing, and over animals - just animals! - too! And even worse, what's so much worse, is that you beg me to give up pleasure! What is my life without the pleasure of eating meat? Go away, for I should like very much never to think of you and your ideas again - to make me uncomfortably aware of the fact that I refuse to stop eating formerly conscious, living beings just for the sake of my temporal delights. Billions suffering and dying, for my own mild satisfaction! What a horrible fact you have brought rudely into my moral world! Of course I should hate you."

Ah, what a delightful thing. To rip from the petty brainlets the delusions of their own moral pretension. Some of them fumble and eventually admit, with feigned pride or nonchalance, the amoralist roots of their habit - but they never go on to allow this convenient nihilism to slip into any other domain of their lives or their hypocritical moral systems. Yes, the amoralist, the Nietzschean meat eater, that I can abide - but the one who professes for the rights of gays or refugees or lectures others over their wrongdoings, what a wretched specimen of humanity that is!

To see people - good, well-adjusted meat-eating patriots - shriek and yell over the cruelty the Chinese do to dogs, is to see the rage of Caliban upon seeing his own face in the mirror.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eviyEJRZX30
>>
>>37947689

Yeah you could say fruits, rootfruits, grains, vegetables, mushrooms etc etc. but you know what I mean.
>>
>>37947705

prove us wrong
>>
>>37947723
that meme is not an argument, there's nothing to prove wrong
>>
>>37947354
Because meat tastes good
>>
>>37947738

plants can feel pain, they just don't give a shit

but chicken, sheep and cows probably don't give a shit either

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/xd74nd/we-asked-a-botanist-how-sure-science-is-that-plants-cant-feel-pain-302
>>
>>37947767
Difference between pain and reaction to stimuli. Pain is an experience, it's qualia.
>>
>>37947407
This. I eat eggs, cheese, and sometimes seafood. Its extremely hard to eat purely vegan when you're poor, meat is too damn cheap
>>
>>37947794

fine well then sheep and chickens probably don't feel pain either, they just respond to stimuli in the same way
>>
>>37947809
Obviously wrong, since cows and chickens moan and exhibit behaviours, some irrational, associated with pain in humans. They possess, in real terms, almost exactly the same kind of nervous system as us. There is no reason to think cows and chickens don't feel pain except for weird meatfag delusions.
>>
>>37947794
prove to me that animals have qualia
you can't even prove to me that you yourself have qualia

>>37947833
>cows and chickens moan
reaction to stimuli, not qualia
>>
>>37947354
Because im not a degenerate originald
>>
>>37947833

they have the nervous system and the sensations but not the cognitive ability to experience pain and fear, just like plants

>irrational behaviours

chickens and sheep don't have the capacity for rational thinking either so this is a meaningless statement
>>
>>37947833

The slaughterhouse standard for putting out a cow is a bolt to the head as sedative and then draining of blood. It's akin to flicking an off switch, a death less painful than most natural deaths.
>>
>>37947767
>plants can feel pain, they just don't give a shit
That's not relevant, it's just a meme. If you actually believed this was an argument against not eating meat I don't know what to say.

Now on the topic of
>but chicken, sheep and cows probably don't give a shit either
>probably
It's very clear that animals react to experiences and have memories and a thinking brain to some level. Not conscious of themselves the way humans are and very dumb comparatively, but it's cruel nonetheless.

>>37947809
Human babies don't give a shit either.

>>37947855
Anon, they experience pain and fear. The only difference is they aren't aware the same way humans are. All that really changes is they're dumb.
>>
>>37947855
>but not the cognitive ability to experience pain and fear
in a rural part of my country, some guy had 2 pups, they stayed outside in the garden everyday
one night a tiger came and half ate one of the pups
the other one stayed in the house for months afterwards and wouldn't dare go out
just food for thought
also veganism is gay
>>
>>37947840
>prove to me that animals have qualia
>you can't even prove to me that you yourself have qualia
Of course, which is why we are arguing on the assumption that you and I and creatures that behave similarly to us also experience the same sensations that drive us to act like that. If these aren't your basic assumptions you're arguing on a different metaphysical plane entirely, and your need for proof is irrelevant since most people operate on the assumption that behaviour associated with pain indicates the experience of pain.

>>37947855
>they have the nervous system and the sensations but not the cognitive ability to experience pain and fear
Very few biologists would agree, I imagine.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK32655/

Depends what you mean by rationality. Animals make "rational" decisions based on their learned experiences and environment all the time. Receives the information and acts upon it in a logical way. Rats exhibit this in their ability to solve puzzles, for instance. Most testing of animal intelligence relies on a certain degree of "rationality" to the animal's behaviour. Higher thinking, in the sense of complex communication, conception and calculation is limited but "low-level" rationality is a necessity for the survival of mental beings and active almost all the time.

>>37947862
Sure, though its existence is full of sickness and suffering and weird psychiatric shit. I wasn't arguing about humane or inhumane practices but rather whether or not those are necessary in the first place, whether or not animals feel pain.
>>
>>37947885
>Human babies don't give a shit either.
You were probably just taking the other guy's argument to hyperbolic argument for effect, but I just wanna take the opportunity to point out they do. Babies used to be operated on without anaesthetic. Another retarded pretext being that "they won't remember it" lol. You won't remember anything when you're dead but it doesn't mitigate the pain you're experiencing in the now and here.
>>
>>37947767
>plants can feel pain,

I find the problem with this is, the word "feel" implies the plant experiences nociception - but as the plant lacks a nervous system, this is not the case. Having a basic understanding of botany, a plant must be able to detect when its tissues are damaged as an evolutionary perspective as some repair processes should be triggered.. But to say it "feels pain" is such a bullshit term.
>>
>>37947986
what is your argument again?
>>
>>37947354
question
are you okay with abortion?
and if you are, can we eat the fetus?
>>
>>37948113
that you're wrong.
>>
>>37948117
I'm vego and I'm not ok with abortion. What now, shitlords ;)?
>>
>>37948127
what are you arguing for smartass
>>
>>37947986
>Sure, though its existence is full of sickness and suffering and weird psychiatric shit. I wasn't arguing about humane or inhumane practices but rather whether or not those are necessary in the first place, whether or not animals feel pain.

Aye, I just felt it encompassed that notice as well. To be able to keep my neetbux I've had to spend some time working on farms. "Full of sickness and suffering and weird psychiatric shit" seems like a generalisation taken from watching PETA videos. From what I observed it seemed like a worthwhile existence desu.

For sure a human in this day and age can survive without meat, but if we are to optimize food production as the population grows, then keeping livestock on the areas of land that aren't suitable for crop growth seems like a sensible pick IMO.

Take your time btw, I see you're juggling a lot of replies now.
>>
>>37948140
you win the logical consistency award. well done
>>
>>37947862
The killing isn't the problem, it's the awful living conditions for their whole lives before that.
>>
>>37948141
I'm not arguing "for" anything in that post. I'm disagreeing with people's assertions that animals can't feel pain - which they're providing as an ethical reason for the consumption of meat - and stating why.

>>37948147
Ah yeah, I wasn't talking about farms in that case but of animals that are raised and kept in overcrowded facilities in shit. That stuffs not my main beef with meat eating, though to me it certainly signifies a disregard for the value of life. I'd prefer not to take any lives at all, but I'm not gonna say its a sin for farmers to kill livestock, or for hunters to hunt and cull. Similar concerns underly my discomfort with abortion.

My own choice not to eat meat is very much a situational thing. I'd prefer not to eat meat, but the histories and ambiguities are too complex for me to think of meat eating as evil or sinful. I mostly just find the strange moral hypocrisies and hedonism driving comfortable people's lack of concern for life off-putting.
>>
>>37947354
Femanon here
Because i saw a horse eat a baby chicken alive
>>
>>37948244

So what if they cow lived comfortably, "free range" and "organically" and all the other buzzwords marketing companies use in order to appease your conscience prior to slaughter?
>>
>>37947354
Eating is the only pleasure I'll get in this sad world. why should I deprive myself of it?
>>
>>37948080
Yeah it was more me comparing animals to human babies in their experiences. With difference that babies develop into something more of course, instead of just dying.

>>37948251
"muh plants" is all just a stupid meme from brainless people. What they really feel is that animals dont feel pain enough for them to care I think. They have cognitive dissonance because these past generations were taught to care about nature.
>>
>>37948426
It would be better. I don't know why you wouldn't agree with at least this much.
>>
>>37948334
Why do you need the feel to state your gender in a thread like this ?
>>
>>37948434
You get a pass from me anon. You're forgiven in my book.
>>
i eat vegan when its available and looks tasty but dont when its not

i appreciate theres probably a lot of nutrients and stuff in it and the taste is fine, but im not that concerned with how animals die, and by not that concerned i mean i dont give a fuck whatsoever
>>
>>37948482
YOU MONSTER HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT!

But seriously though have you watched those webms of chinese people burning dogs alive and shit. You might not care but you wouldn't do that would you?
>>
>>37948524
i dont see why id do that, seems like needless effort

dont really care, people are savages, im not surprised

if this were real life id act outraged and make up some reason like chinese people need to respect sentient animals etc etc and that its disgusting

but i dont care
>>
File: 1496536852199.jpg (157KB, 1600x984px) Image search: [Google]
1496536852199.jpg
157KB, 1600x984px
>>37948482
you can't complain when a reptillian eats you then
>>
>>37948635
I can and I will.
>>
>>37948546
At least you recognize it's subhuman and unnacceptable to act like they do.

One day people more evolved than us will realize better things than what we currently have.

Something else though, I think that if the you from now lived with people who actually didn't give a shit about things like how animals are treated, and they hanged dogs and what not alive on every corner you would care in some way. This is just an observation coming from someone who understands how it is to not care empathetically.
>>
File: reptoid gladiator.jpg (50KB, 300x384px) Image search: [Google]
reptoid gladiator.jpg
50KB, 300x384px
>>37948642
You'll get your shit fucked up!! Puny human!
>>
>>37948635
yeah cause if i complained id be a hypocrite and being a hypocrite would be the last thing id want to be or concerned about while getting eaten

id much rather be a vegan getting eaten to death knowing that i wasnt a hypocrite so the pain could be masked by my self righteousness

faggot
>>
>>37948667
I will complain the entire time.
>>
If people ate human meat I would do it too. I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>37948661
id be like why are these people bothering to torture animals, seems kinda needless and a waste of good meat or animal
>>
>>37948683
I'm interested to try human meat, but there's no good context to do so.
>>
>>37948698
I've heard it tastes like spam
>>
>>37948671
If I was a reptillian though I would spare vegans and go for the meat eaters which they probably do anyway.
>>
>>37948708
the vegans would probably be leaner meat, so less flavorful anyway.
>>
>>37948708
well if a reptilian came after me i'd wish for infinity wishes and make him disappear and or kill all vegans
>>
File: alex-jones-1-e1476725140236.jpg (42KB, 881x450px) Image search: [Google]
alex-jones-1-e1476725140236.jpg
42KB, 881x450px
Because it's a ploy by the globalists to turn men into low tes faggots.
>>
File: repto muscular.jpg (120KB, 410x500px) Image search: [Google]
repto muscular.jpg
120KB, 410x500px
>>37948675
Then you'll be sodomized before being eaten
>>
>>37948725
What's the point of being high test when you can't go rape and pillage?
>>
>>37948671
You literally tear to pieces plants, you think they don't also suffer? I hope someone rips both of your arms off you ARE a hypocrite.
>>
>>37948693
Well in the case of china they believe animals taste better if they go through stress. I'm not even trying to argue against eating meat or anything.
>>
>>37948800
then id be like ok savages superstition not that uncommon i guess ill leave china cause theres spit and shit and piss everywhere and they keep calling me a white devil
>>
>>37948814
Well they definitely don't care at all even about themselves, in many cases at least, so you recognize how shit apathy can be.
>>
>>37948698

Well, I've heard numerous times it tastes a lot like pork.
>>
>>37947354
Because being anything like the vegan gains goblin revolts me to my core.
>>
>>37947363
That's still vegan. Enjoy your road-kill meat and dumpster-diving meat. It's perfectly ethical.
>>
>>37948978
Ethical but not healthy.
>>
>>37947386

>health benefits
>implying eating vegan is the only way to avoid coronary heart disease
>no clear other non-meme health benefits a moderate meat eater wouldn't also have
>meanwhile vegans get fucked because of iron and b12 deficiency and talk about how avocados are just uneatable because they contain so much fat
>yoghurt with 20% sugar is fine though
>>
>>37949638
yeah if they are eating yoghurt because animal product and shit ok ok but you get the point
>>
i have no self control with food
>>
>>37947625
This is the best way to live hands downs.

Eat mostly vegetable and if meat is going to waste or for a treat, eat it.

To all those crying about health, if one steak puts your health in danger then get off your fat fucking vegan ass
>>
>>37947354
I may eat meat, but I don't eat "meat"
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.