[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

where would your profession be on this graph robots?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

File: salaryboi.jpg (64KB, 711x461px) Image search: [Google]
salaryboi.jpg
64KB, 711x461px
where would your profession be on this graph robots?
>>
engineer, maybe slightly above programmer
>>
>>37945015
going for teacher but will probably end up near musician because of untreated mental illness
>>
>>37945015
Programmers can make 200k in their 20s without degrees. Lawyers aren't anywhere near that until their late 40s. Law is seriously overrated
>>
>>37945196
>Programmers can make 200k in their 20s without degrees. Lawyers aren't anywhere near that until their late 40s. Law is seriously overrated

No, anon, they can't.

Well I suppose it's possible, but I highly doubt you can find a single instance of a programmer in some company making 200k without a degree
>>
I'll join the navy soon. I've go no idea. Salary isn't great but there's a lot of benefits to make up for it, and I've no idea about enjoyment of life. Sounds like it'll be fun as fuck at times but also frustrating and demoralizing at others.
>>
>>37945015
>tfw literal fry cook
The graph is completely accurate.
>>
>>37945015
do bloggers make any money at all?
why the fuck is stay at home mom on here? That's not a job
>>
Where would Law Enforcement fit on there?
>>
>>37945376
below and to the right of manager
>>
>use car salesman on low end

they can make 50-100k though. also how is salesman higher? you think cell phone plans pay that well?
>>
>>37945365
look up Pat Flynn
>>
>>37945365
>do bloggers make any money at all?
depends. lifestyle bloggers can make 6 figures, but they tend to be rich to begin with.

this graph is pretty dumb honestly
>>
>>37945015
feels very "company man"

fml
>>
>>37945353
hey, at least youre enjoying life more than lawyers
>>
>>37945393
Pays actually pretty fucking solid for the Police so it might be on par or more with manager.
>>
>Used Cars Salesman
>poor
lol
>>
>>37945376
>Where would Law Enforcement fit on there?
that's exactly what I'm fucking asking in this thread anon
if you are a cop you tell us

from my uneducated opinion on LEOs I would say around teacher, maybe a little to the left. Actually cops probably get paid better than teachers right? It really depends where they are from I suppose, teachers and cops make different salaries depending on their position and location all over the country

>>37945342
I would put an enlisted navy seaman to the right of used car salesman by the two metrics on this chart

but by no means do I think people in the navy are losers, and enlisting can be a really good decision on your part anon, it really depends what you make out of it. Obviously the salary isn't great. Obviously people don't join the navy for cushy jobs, it isn't the air force. But you can gain great skills in the navy and get some serious benefits.
Have fun, see the world as much as the navy allows, go to college after.
>>
>>37945395
>>37945422
yeah this chart is pretty retarded, clearly made by someone with no idea of real world professions either

When the moron that made this chart thinks of jobs the first things which comes to his mind are shit like "poet", "blogger", fucking "trust fund dude"

a better one should be made that includes more actual jobs and less bullshit
>>
>my brother was a high school and college sports star
>never helped me out or invited me with his friends during high school or college
>hate him for it
>he gets drafted into the NFL
>high draft pick so he's already making millions
>hope he gets injured
>he plays well during his rookie contract and gets a second contract for $60 million
>buys our parents shit
>takes them on vacation
>doesn't give me any money, never calls me, and doesn't invite me anywhere
>he's 26 and a famous multimillionaire fucking women left and right
>I'm 23 virgin in a shitty apartment making cans

I fucking hate him so much. I hope the team plane crashes one day.
>>
>>37945564
damn anon...
why can't you live with your parents?
You have his genes, why weren't you good at sports?
>>
>>37945580
>>37945580
>You have his genes

Guess my dad gave mom all the good ones the first time. My bro is 6'1" and 230 pounds, ripped as fuck. He was jacked up in middle school without fucking exercising. I'm 5'8" and 215 pounds and it's not all muscle.
>>
>Trap conversation general
Wut?
>>
>>37945015
I don't think you can rate enjoyment like that

I'm a boxing trainer, low salary, very physically demanding, but I still enjoy it a lot
>>
>>37945711
you wanna be a cute girl, don't you anon?
it just takes a few little pills every day~
>>
>>37945726
>I don't think you can rate enjoyment like that
>I'm a boxing trainer, low salary, very physically demanding, but I still enjoy it a lot
See what you did there anon, you just rated your enjoyment
>>
>>37945564
is your brother rob gronkowski?

yeah i think he's a douchebag too
>>
>>37945196
>Programmers can make 200k in their 20s without degrees.

Only in a few very specific circumstances - They work for themselves and manage to release something hugely successful, or they have knowledge in a very niche, in-demand field.
>>
>>37945755

No. Plus Gronk's little bro was just drafted by the Bills back in April.
>>
>>37945753
Maybe I should've wrote generalise instead of rate. Everyone would enjoy these jobs differently, I'm pretty sure some boxing coaches are miserable in their jobs.
>>
>>37945795
that's true
if we gauge enjoyment relatively, then the results would be completely different (eg. imo all of those except trust fund dude and 1337 programmer sound like hell)
>>
>>37945015
Definitely in the loser quadrant.
>>
>>37945015
>teachers that high up on salary
nah
>>
>>37945481
I'm not actually a cop yet, I only just got accepted for training

Also I'm curious to what other people's opinions are.
>>
>>37945881
>Definitely in the loser quadrant.
What are you
>>
>>37945015
>creative
>stay at home mom
????????
>>
>Math student
I would be below Fry Cook. As in below the axis.
>>
>>37945015

Farmer, somewhere in the middle I think.
>>
>>37945015
I'd rather be a lawyer than a musician desu.

Blogging would be awesome though
>>
>>37946002
There's no one word that accurately describes it. Most of the time I make (or rather, modifying them according to new CAD drawings provided by actual engineering consultants) 3D computer models of buildings in Autodesk Revit. It gets boring fast and I don't really learn much now despite having been at the job for less than a year. The pay sucks especially considering I'm a uni grad but I'm a fucking retard so here's where I ended up. It's over for me now as the experience doesn't really apply elsewhere. Maybe I'll just take up shitty jobs like garbage collection when I've had enough of this one and have failed enough in trying to get a better one so I can shut my brain off permanently. I'm sick of even thinking about work.
>>
>>37945564
Are you Luke Kuechly's brother?
>>
>>37946127
what did you major in anon? Maybe go back for civil engineering?

or even ask your firm if they might sponsor you.
>>
>>37946048
They were creative enough to trap the fathers :')
>>
>>37946156
Mechanical engineering, fucking embarrassing isn't it? That piece of paper doesn't change the shit underneath. If I was capable of anything better I would have gotten those jobs back then. I have no chance against people who can do things other than just pass tests and give an illusion of any competency. Fortunately I'm getting myself to care less things like money and fulfillment at work because I know it's futile already.
>>
>>37945015
bar manager so probably same line as teacher but with more enjoyment.
>>
>>37946311
do you have discord or email or something anon? Post it please I wanna talk to you
>>
>>37945244
i can think of some well known cases, but yeah, it's not that common
>>
>>37945564
I wouldn't give you any money either. You sound like a whiney child
>>
>>37946398
>I wouldn't give you any money either. You sound like a whiney child
maybe his bro is asshole you don't know shit
>>
>>37946374
I'm not comfortable with blabbering anymore about myself, sorry. Only I can deal with my own issues. The only options are that I take the plunge and try for something better or I give up when I can't take it anymore.
>>
>>37946525
No I want to talk to you because I empathize with you, I am in a similar situation
>>
>>37945015
used car salesman isnt that bad of a job, its salary plus commission usually. if you are good enough at your work you make a killing and since its a 9-5 type job, you get alot of down time.
>>
>>37945015
>stay at home moms are apparently "creative"
>teachers that high on salary and enjoyment of life (??)

yeah no.

That said, i'm gearing towards a soulless corporate job in marketing. I guess that puts me in "company men", with some hope of becoming a "winner" later in life. Pretty normie stuff.
>>
>>37946311
Were your grades bad or is it a social skills problem so you flunk interviews?
>>
File: 1494056228718.jpg (65KB, 500x430px) Image search: [Google]
1494056228718.jpg
65KB, 500x430px
>>37945015
Trust fund dude
Feels rich man
>>
File: 1346108080509.png (254KB, 850x681px) Image search: [Google]
1346108080509.png
254KB, 850x681px
>>37946792

>Trust fund

Backwater fuck here. What exactly is this and how did you get into it?
>>
>>37945015
wtf is Trust Fund Dad, just a rich guy? Or a kid with a rich dad.
>>
Mailman, it's in the loser part.
I have a low salary and it's a dead end.
>>
>>37946846
You don't get into it, you have to be born into it. What it means is "rich kid's parents holds certain assets (real estate, stocks, etc). People are paid to manage and invest using those assets, the profit goes towards the kid in the form of a fixed amount regularly".

So basically like a NEET who lives off his parent's money, but since trust fund kids are usually richer than standard NEETs, and live off the money in a more indirect way, they are somehow accorded more respect
>>
Surgeon

Highest Income, Lowest Enjoyment
>>
Fry cook. Kill me tier.
>>
File: 1353346123837.jpg (25KB, 314x295px) Image search: [Google]
1353346123837.jpg
25KB, 314x295px
>>37946919

Ic ic, got similiar people in my area, but there's no special word for it here. What assets and investments is it and how much is your monthly payout?

>>37946923
Cousin is a doc/surgeon too, she tells me the paperwork has increased like hell, same on your end? You work in the ER? What's the worst patient you've had?
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.