[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some legal ways to self-medicate depression? Alcohol

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1492293008433.jpg (37KB, 650x376px) Image search: [Google]
1492293008433.jpg
37KB, 650x376px
What are some legal ways to self-medicate depression? Alcohol just makes me more depressed and caffeine makes me more anxious. I don't have money for SSRIs or anything like that. I just need some legal substance I can take that makes things easier.
>>
Exercise and a proper diet. You're too much of a failure to even do that, though
>>
DXM found in over the counter cough medicine
it's effect on serotonin and glutamate may relieve depression in some people
make sure to get DXM only and don't overdo it
>>
>>37932935

st. johns wort, Its been proven to have the effects of SSRIS

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/drugs-and-treatments/st-johns-wort/

just don't overdose on them or you will become sensitive to sunlight
>>
generic prozac and celexa and prob some others are $4 generics at walmart etc, assuming you can get an Rx
>>
>>37932984
I eat well and exercise already. If anything I just feel more depressed after working out.

>>37932989
>>37933011
>>37933012
Thank you Anons I will look into these.
>>
eat good food, exercise, meditate, get outside, don't masturbate
>>
>>37933033
>If anything I just feel more depressed after working out.

Do you do cardio exercise? Regular exhaustive cardio is one of the few things that is biochemically guaranteed to improve your mood. They don't call it runners high for nothing.
>>
>>37933011
Just bought and took some of this stuff. Working like a charm so far. Thanks a million, Anon.
>>
>St John's Wort
>5-HTP
>Racetams
>Marijuana
>>
>>37933011
I tried this on a recommended dose and i burnt in even the slightest sunlight
>>
>>37932935

>money for SSRIs

Nigga wut? I paid 4$ for mine at Walmart uninsured. Prozac, Zoloft, and Welbutrin
>>
Nsi 189
>>
>>37932935
exercise will give you a big boost in your mood. You'll first get really sore from exercise since you're body isn't used to it but as you go your body will stop getting sore. Mental exercises like meditation and noticing and fixing automatic negative thoughts.

One thing that has helped me is reality checking. I I ask myself questions and challenge my thoughts and emotions. Am I in danger? Do I have enough food? Do I have a roof over my head? Etc... Answering yes to all of those challenges your emotions and thoughts.

Change your diet. What you eat really affects how you feel.
Keep to a routine sleep schedule and try to sleep and wake up at the same time every night and day.
>>
>>37932935
start with serious meditation
>>
>>37937302
what the fuck is fucking mediation gonna do honestly??
>>
>>37937552
Actually fucking work? Get fucking Medicaid and see a psychiatrist.
>>
Get a Vitamin D supplement; Vitamin D deficiency can cause depression. That plus daily aerobic exercise, St. John's Wort, and daily meditation will be your best bet.

Depressed people are typically phase-advanced in their sleep cycle. Try temporarily shifting your sleep-wake times to six hours earlier for two weeks. Or try one full night of sleep deprivation to try to reset your circadian rhythm.
>>
>>37937701
words from some guy with a degree isnt gonna help resolve anything, im in too deep in despair for this shit
>>
>>37937701
With you on the meditation part but wewlad unless you're medically ill psychitrists are a MEME. Why pay to talk to a normie that doesn't give a fuck about you?
>>
>>37932935
Exercise, practice socializing, and make sure to have a normal sleep schedule so you are awake during normie hours.

Another big one is to practice heliotherapy and make sure to get at least 20 minutes of sunlight on your skin per day. Sunlight can alleviate symptoms of depression for some people.
>>
File: 1498186588119.png (32KB, 354x286px) Image search: [Google]
1498186588119.png
32KB, 354x286px
An healthy diet of natural ingredients and a healthy dose of daily exercise with additional hypertrophy exercise three times a week.

Get hobbies and stick to them.

For instance I like to go outside and take pictures, this is a very good hobby and has helped me due to it making me go outside.

This hobby is like two birds with one stone, I go out and feel fulfilled and proud from that, and if I get some epic photos I feel fulfilled again.

If my hobby was making beats I would only get the single fullfillment from putting in work and getting a good beat out of it.

When you make something your brain releases endorphins, the chemical that mdma releases mountains of.

Drug induced endorphins release is stupid because you will wake up from heaven and you will be like a dried Lake, not only will you have been on the top(+50), you will not be on ground level(+0), you will be on (-50) so you will feel a jump of one hundred degrees! This is very bad and unhealthy, not worth it at all!

Not to mention depressed people usually are at (-10) or so, so they are much more likely to become repeat users or addicted.

It would take months for your brain to store the used to endorphins. These months of contentness and hobby doing which gives you joy are not worth one night.

But many people don't know this before they do drugs, so yeah, hope you manage to find what makes you happy, stick with it when you feel sad, and when you are done sticking through it when you feel like not doing it, because after you do it you will be rewarded by your brain! God bless all you niggers and don't forget that your happiness is in your hands!
>>
>>37932935
take vitamins dumb neet
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.