[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you drop out of high school? If so, why?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

Did you drop out of high school? If so, why?
>>
>>37927396
I didn't but my close friend did because he was a problem student, and it didn't help that the teachers were literally slandering him on his permanent record.

>tfw he just got a GED and started being an electrician and im currently a NEET even though I was in the top 4 percent of SAT scores
Academia doesn't really mean shit these days, just prove you're useful
>>
I dropped out in 12th grade because I didn't give a shit about schoolwork and would've had to repeat the grade.

They had me in the fucking tard room
>>
I did it out of laziness. I didn't want to get up and go to school.
>>
Any advice you'd like to give to young robots who are considering dropping out?
>>
>that roastie friend who had a crush on me that dropped out of high school and went to live with some 30+ sugar daddy
I wonder what she's doing now.
>>
i just stopped showing up.
i always knew i had tourette's syndrome, but i didn't realize how bad of a learning disability it was.
it was almost impossible for me to learn algebra, i struggled with it for months. would stay after school, would get help from other people, it didn't matter.

after that it was impossible for me to focus on anything without having tourette's outbursts.
so i just stopped showing up.
>>
>>37927396
I dropped out in the middle of 11th grade. I just couldn't do it anymore. The constant bullying that spanned my entire academic career. And the fact that the environment at home was less than stellar (fuckbrick of a dad was angry most of the time and took it out on us (verbally and emotionally) but also forced himself on my mother from time to time, mother in turn turned to alcohol to cope, sister was a manipulative cunt that drove me to a suicide attempt)
Now I'm left as a broken shell that has no hope for the future. I'm just waiting to die
>>
>>37927396
Yes.
Depression.
>>
>>37927740
What do you do now, anon? Do you have a job or did you move back in with the folks?
>>
>>37927396
Does dropping out of college count? I dropped out around the same time I found 4chan. it's been a decade and I've more or less been an eternal student since then only doing part-time bullshit classes like learning html.

I actually did figure out what I want to do and it's thankfully only 6 months of school. I hate school and I hate the process of learning.

I totally get why people drop out of high school. I probably would have but the fear of having to go to that ghetto prison-tier school for adults and drop-outs was far too big.

Regular high school was hell on earth for me, going to that stoner/wigger/somalian immigrant school to get my diploma would have been the death of me. My shithead older brother dropped out and he went there.

>>37927498
Yeah, don't. There's no nothing to gain from doing that. Humans are short-sighted.
>>
>>37927876
Easier said than done... original
>>
Yup, 2nd year of HS specialized on IT.
Dropped out because of depression and apathy, went to a public administration school and got to stare at cute butts for 4 years.
I thought I won, but nowadays I see my friends having comfy high paying jobs while I'm stuck in a high school part time job and no qualification for anything above that.
>>
File: too far.gif (1MB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
too far.gif
1MB, 260x260px
>>37927396
No. It's the easiest thing I've ever done.
>>
>>37927396
No im not retarded.
HS was easy as fuck, if you fail it then you dont deserve to procreate.
>>
I was failing most of my classes, I had no friends, I had and still have zero motivation.
>>
>>37928812
>Easier said than done
everything is easier said than done my man.
>>
>>37927458
This, i wasted a year as a neet because of this.
Being lazy sucks
>>
>>37927863
i have a job but i live with my mother.
im gonna attempt to go back to school. i owe it to myself.
>>
>>37929229
What do you want to study? It's nice that you still have hope for yourself. Please work hard not to lose that.
>>
>>37927449
same but I wasn't in the tard room because that was just people who yelled or tried to fight people
>>
>>37927396
Yes.
mental illness, sleep disorders making me tardy every day, and generally not being liked by anyone even though I was a jock and actually was pretty good at shotput.
Got my GED at 18 though

Being NEET helped me learn programming and I later went to university in my 30s
>>
>>37927396
No but my best friend. I attempted college and he didn't make it out of the 11th grade. He's currently doing way better than me in life. Education is a meme. It's all about being charismatic and having connections.
>>
>>37927396
Yeah. I didn't really mean to. I just stopped going. I wanted to go on some days, but just couldn't. I felt this overwhelming anxiety and depression. I already know a bunch of people are going to call me a pussy, you're not wrong. I don't necessarily regret it though. If I went every day and stayed in school I probably would have still failed multiple times, I was never a smart person. I plan on getting my GED soon and going from there, wherever that leads me.
>>
File: 1498173319225.jpg (18KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
1498173319225.jpg
18KB, 275x275px
Literally 51s in every class from grade 10 till grade 12

Regardless that I "passed" I can't go anywhere in university, only college.
But I'm not doing any of that shit. I'm working on building my body to handle the army and living quietly.
>>
>>37929039
Don't play dumb. You know damn well what this thread is about.
>>
>>37927396
I just walked out just had enough I wasn't happy at all suffered from depression which I wasn't given any help with but neither of my parents really cared (at least I don't think so) they didn't exactly have a problem with me being cooped up in my room all day at all
>>
>dropped out for two weeks at the end of 9th grade
>was too depressed to get through a whole day at school without crying in the bathroom so i stopped going
all because my older brother refused to speak to the family.
wish i didnt let that shit head control my life like that back then.
>>
I only showed up like a months worth of days every year anyway.maybe 3 months if you count the days I went but just left 3 hours in at the latest.
>>
>went to juvie for terroristic threatening on the fourth quarter of my freshman year
>Transferred from a charter school to regular school in 11th grade, lost half the credits I got there because the credits didn't transfer
>Would've graduated a super senior
>Dropped out in 12th grade because I worked long overnights to support myself financially and juggling the two became unworkable

A mixture of circumstances and poor choices lead me to getting a GED, but I've never had trouble finding work and I have a good job now, so it's whatever.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.