[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ss/ Stupid Smart

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 11

File: 1495635065747s.jpg (8KB, 250x211px) Image search: [Google]
1495635065747s.jpg
8KB, 250x211px
Anyone else here educated but on the border of fucking retarded? Like, you're slow but just smart enough to go to college for whatever you want but just stupid enough to take longer than everyone you know? Like you're smarter than stupid but stupider than smart? It really hurts. Post your /ss/ greentexts.
>tfw going to college computer engineering and /ss/
>high gpa but only because I've retaken most classes
>that kid who's always the last person to finish a test
>i can do all the homework, take notes during class, record audio of lectures and listen to it +5 times, make flashcards, and see tutors everyday but still fail a test
>that kid who finishes his homework but forgets to turn it in
>that kid who during lectures, has to constantly ask questions
>that kid who didn't do his homework in highschool and now college is even tougher
>tfw it'll probably take you 8 years to get a 4 year degree in engineering
>tfw once you graduate, you might be "that guy" at work for the first couple years at that job
>tfw you sincerely love math but you're just slow
>that guy who makes typos all the time
>tfw you meet an ignorant person but you secretly know they'd get better grades than you and has more brain potential than you if they tried
>"a-at least I'm dedicated"
>>
I know what you mean. I somehow majored in civil engineering and I cannot even do basic math properly. I'm clumsy and forget stuff. I found a job a month ago but my boss hates me and I'm expecting to get fired very soon.
>>
File: kagura is not amused.gif (343KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
kagura is not amused.gif
343KB, 300x225px
>see /ss/
>*GASP*
>it's just some other shit
>mfw
>>
>>37926832
Don't you hate it when you do your best and fail? Incredibly emotionally draining.
>>
You're pretty much me but now I graduated and am fumbling through a job as a software engineer.
>tfw I'd have been fired long ago if it weren't for stack overflow and quora.
>>
who else is smart but no common sense?
>>
>>37926796
Yeah I was confronted with my brainletism in grad school when it took me forever to just get through an academic paper while my peers could digest a few in a day.
>>
>>37926874
yes. I always tried to convince myself that I didn't try hard enough or was not interested enough, which are lies and defensive mechanism. Now I do not feel like trying anything cuz I know I will fail
>>
>>37926796
I feel you anon. The worst thing about it all is that it takes me so long to understand everything. When I eventually do understand things I usually don't make mistakes, but not being able to grasp things on the go is really frustrating.
>>
>>37926896
Fucking me, 24/7
>>
>tfw king brainlet
>>
>>37926940

>get great grades at uni
>read all the time, barely watch tv or play games
>into politics
>study philosophy in spare time
>work at mcdicks part time and people think im stupid because i fuck up the simplest of tasks

i just dont know if im stupid or not
>>
>>37926796
That's not what /ss/ stands for you idiot.
>>
File: qt in ss smock.gif (41KB, 159x302px) Image search: [Google]
qt in ss smock.gif
41KB, 159x302px
>>37926999

i think its a joke mate
>>
>>37926999
It was a subtle joke you eeediot
>>
Get checked out for vitamin defiency. A ton of people here are probably vitamin D deficient from hiding from the sun. Even like 40-60% of people are deficient and that includes normies. Literally could be a few dollars to fix your attention span.
>>
>>37926976
We might be the person.
>>
>>37926867
I feel ya man, I really do. Feels like all the /ss/ threads just up and disappeared lately
>>
>>37927055
*same person.
Fuck.
Brainlet typos.
>>37927049
I take a multivitamin everyday but I'll take extra vitamin d today, to see if i feel better.
>>
>>37927067
Multis are the cuck of supplements, honestly. There's a big variety of ingredients, often the suboptimal, cheap or allergenic forms, and the more different ingredients the higher chance that one of them is going to have industrial contamination. Even if they were the optimal forms and well tolerated, the amount of each thing is fuck all because they have to cram them all into one pill. There's a good reason that the big metastudies of multis have shown they don't significantly improve health outcomes, and quite often will worsen them. Most multis have a lot of shit you don't actually want to take in at all, like phosphate. You only need a tiny bit of phosphate and most people have a severely imbalanced ratio of phosphate to calcium, which causes a lot of issues, and yet it's in a lot of multis.

I developed a thyroid disorder when I was 17 so I've been reasearching this shit for almost a decade now, and the first thing you realize once you start reading research directly is that medicine is like any other industry, they're out to make a quick buck like anyone else. If you're putting a highly concentrated, purified vital substance in your body, it pays itself back many times over to get a good product. There are basically no good multis for the reasons stated above.
healthnatura and idealabs are two of my favourite supp producers. idealabs has a product called estroban which is a blend of the fat souble vitamins, A E D3 K2, they synergize amazingly well. If not these companies, try to get a liquid D3 without excipients (things like binding agents, modified gums, stearic acid, etc). Excipients basically only exist to make life easier for the manufactuer, they help the powder flow through the machines smoother to prevent loss of profit from the mechanisms clogging. This is why oil based stuff tends to be better. The fewer the ingredients the better.
Toxinless.com has a list of most brands and ranks them by junk ingredients. Good luck famalam.
>>
>>37927187
>the cuck of supplements
Lol
>>
>>37926796
i graduated with a 3.8 gpa in applied math without ever correctly writing a proof. i think i really am an intelligent retard.
>>
>>37927368
Wow that seems very difficult
>>
>>37927415
which one: graduating with a 3.8 or math, or doing it without ever once writing a proof from start to finish, much less without errors?
>>
I'm really good at memorization, I can recall all kinds of trivia and facts that read years ago like nothing, but if I have to use actual brainpower to solve algebra or some other logic problem, I'm basically retarded
>>
>>37927459
Struggling with proofs and getting good grades
>>37927470
You'd probably be a good MD to be tbqh
>>
Anyone else stupid but retardedly lucky?
Things often just kinda go the way i want to for some reason
>>
>>37927543
Well yeah I'm lucky i don't live in a country where you can't retake classes or whatever the fuck
>>
>be Asian
>be too stupid for academics

/end of lifestory
>>
>>37927631
So what do you do, then?
>>
>>37927646
Hiki and NEET
>>
>Studying IT
>Took 2 programming courses, both regarded as some of the most difficult courses in our studies
>decided to take them seriously because interested in programming
>Top score on both
>Rest of the classes I take I tend to slack off until the final two weeks and get shit scores because of it
Am I lazy smart or just a retard?
>>
File: 1495727435125.jpg (60KB, 654x751px) Image search: [Google]
1495727435125.jpg
60KB, 654x751px
>do okay on tests and learn things fairly fast
>too autistic to study at all though
>the slowest person winds up being better than you because they put in the hours
>all you wind up learning is the art of self-loathing
>>
>>37927666
Dude just study, the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>37927685
>the fuck is wrong with you
If I knew that I could force myself to study, couldn't I? It's not like I consciously decided to be a fuck-up.
>>
>>37927715
Maybe you've got ADHD
>>
>>37927865
Nope. Been tested for that.
>>
File: 52565754.png (335KB, 494x426px) Image search: [Google]
52565754.png
335KB, 494x426px
Why is it that when I study, I can feel comfortable with a concept and remember it fairly well, but then forget it in a few days?
>>
>>37927928
looks like you're a lazy fuck then
>>
>>37926796
>tfw I'm basically you except not hardworking at all

I hate how it's expected that being stupid and hardworking go hand in hand. Am I seriously the only person on earth that is both stupid and lazy REEEE
>>
File: 1487568229719.png (214KB, 854x303px) Image search: [Google]
1487568229719.png
214KB, 854x303px
>tfw 97th percentile score on the ACT
>literally too fucking stupid to even comprehend, let alone play, games like league of legends
>>
General knowledge educated maybe, and shit at memorisation.

What matters is if you can achieve your goals OP.
>>
>>37928129
I'm more a chronic procrastinator. I'll put in good work if I'm already doing it.
>>
i feel you OP
i'm at university and i feel slow
even if i had the best teachers , i always need to google everything up when i get home,i also have the shittiest memory, and i takes me alot of time to really dig something,also having a really far university doesn't help; don't have time to study because i feel exhausted when i get home
however once i understand something,i can explain it , use it and be good at it.
listen i learned something,most people don't really think because that's "hard" and "takes too much time" ,so basicaly they tend to memorize as much shit as they can and that's why they get good grades,and get good jobs ,because they know how to fix the typical problems...
however people who try so fucking hard to understand something;even though it's hard, are the smart ones,because they try to use their brain instead of killing their neurons.
also , it's not about how HARD you try, it's about how SMART you try..you know yourself better than everyone OP; try to find the method that works for you best
>>
>>37927368
bullshit. your exams mustve been 90% computation, stating definitions/theorems/etc, basic assertions about things
>>
>>37926796
After wasting 90% of productive time in period 12-22 years, when I fell for internet and video game memes, my ability to learn and abstract thinking skill decreases significantly.
Now I am mere brainlet, self-serving automaton with phobic mental disorders. My time has gone.
>>
File: 14141.jpg (9KB, 158x200px) Image search: [Google]
14141.jpg
9KB, 158x200px
>>37927663
people that are smart get bad grades/average
>>
>>37928993
Most bullshit thing I've ever heard.
>>
File: autism.jpg (35KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
35KB, 657x527px
>study 2 weeks non-stop for a relatively easy exam
>basically know everything the day before the exam
>even explain things to a few classmates who only had 2 days to study
>end up fucking up 1 exercise (exam consisted out of 2 big exercises), because I forgot what to do
>the moment I walk out of the exam room I know everything again
>hate myself because now I know what I should have done
>probably failed while my classmates passed with ease
>mfw
>>
>>37928674
my exams were almost entirely computation based: calc, diff eq, stats, even discrete. linear algebra and modern geometry had like 1 proof on each exam, but they weren't worth very much and i just memorized them from the textbook -- i didn't really understand them, nor could i recreate them without memorization.
>>
>tfw passed uni but am still dumb as shit
>everybody I've met knows this, even my family
>no will to kill myself

I'm stuck in a purgatory of stupidity until I get lucky and somebody murders me.
>>
>>37929195
What school did you go to? Sounds like you were cheated out of a proper education.
>>
I'm going to university next year to study German and Japanese but as it stands I can't even use my native language (English correctly).

I don't know what an adjective is or what a semi colon is for example, yet I've somehow scraped through 6k essays due to spell check etc and gained the grades required

I'm a brainlet and probably fucked next year
>>
I graduated High School in 2013 from a really sorry excuse for a 'high school'. It was what we called an 'alternative' school. Basically, it was for the kids who for whatever reason didnt function in normal schools. Be it behavioral issues, social ect. In my case I had terrible anxiety and couldnt stand being around so many people. The curriculum at this 'alternative' school was a fucking joke. They let me knock out my jr and senior classes in a single year. Assignements never ammounted to more than 'read this lesson plan, now take this test weve typed up years ago and mever given a second thought' the worn out teachers there where happy for just recieveing completely work, and passed you based on that alone.
If i had stayed at my orginal high school, i wouldve had teachers working with me face to face and i guarantee wouldve retained more of what i learned. Since then, ive been NEET. Throughout school, i always was at the top of my class when i applied myself, even taking a few AP classes. Now, being stagnant so long, Ive lost confidence in anything not telling me how useless and wasted my life has been.

Blog post end/
>>
>>37926867
this. what happened to /ss/ I haven't seen it posted in years?
>>
File: 1473509115050.png (238KB, 474x364px) Image search: [Google]
1473509115050.png
238KB, 474x364px
>>37930005
Studying German will teach you more about English than you would ever learn studying English. You don't know your own language until you're bilingual.
>tfw can't speak Portuguese because the robot won't allow it
>>
>>37927967
because you never memorized it properly anon.
>>
File: 1474411104455.gif (1MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1474411104455.gif
1MB, 500x375px
>constantly get complimented on my intelligence
>teacher and professors always say how much potential I have
>appear calculated and adaptable in front of my friends
>people think i'm some kind of an alpha because I look driven (guess I did a good job hiding that i'm a KV)

Meanwhile when no one is around constantly do stupid shit
>like I forget what I was even suppose to do in the kitchen
>forget simple words
>get distracted by the smallest things
>make typos
>get baited in stupid arguments here

I don't know what the fuck is going on.
>>
>>37930991
>KV
What is this? I don't frequent r9k.

>meanwhile... stupid shit
I do all of those things faggot. I also doubt my spelling of words often.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.