[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>job interview tomorrow WHAT DO I DO THIS IS MY FIRST TIME

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: 1493776241258.jpg (194KB, 1159x1159px) Image search: [Google]
1493776241258.jpg
194KB, 1159x1159px
>job interview tomorrow
WHAT DO I DO
THIS IS MY FIRST TIME
>>
>Job interview
>Saturday

>>
Just bee you're self, anon. Nothing can go wrong.
>>
stay calm, think about the question before you start answering it etc.
>>
>>37915328
This place is open everyday, except maybe Sunday. I can't remember.
>>37915353
>nothing can go wrong
I could not get the job
>>
They'll ask you to tell them about yourself. Do not mention your age, or where you grew up, or pointless personal shit. Say your name(if you haven't already) and mention skills and what type of work you want/do. But seem flexible. If they ask you for what your weaknesses are, well, think of something humble.

Fuck me, I remember I responded to that with "I don't have any friends". No wonder I didn't get that job.
>>
Look up the interview questions for your job on Glassdoor helps

Stay calm, bring a copy of your resume and schedule. Since there is no prior work experience you're gonna have a bit different (and probably easier) interview since they won't ask you about prior work situations and how you dealt with them (though I usually lie out my ass for those)
>>
>>37915388
I've never done this before.
I don't even know what to bring
I just know to wear something nice, be clean, and smile
>>
>>37915486
Oh and obviously keep constant eye contact, though don't be creepy about it either. Straighten your back when sitting and don't mumble.
>>
>>37915489
copies of your resume in a manila folder, and a pen. if you don't have a resume get one printed NOW. look up templates/examples online. It's ok to bullshit your skills if it's something like "quick learner" or "very patient". I put freelance work for experience in my resume, and this is impossible to prove, so consider bullshitting that if you really need to.
>>
What kind of job you're applying for, OP?
Are you qualified?
Do you have relevant skills?

Just remember. Either you'll get the job or either you'll not. Stay calm and don't sperg out.
>>
>>37915617
Just as a cashier.
Yes
Yes

I know I panic and worry about everything, and am totally thinking too much about this, but it's so scary.
>>
>>37915670
>Cashier
>Fucking Cashier job.

Why they fuck are you spering out then. Jesus. Even autists can get this position easily. It's a dead man's job.
>>
>>37915670
You shouldn't be invested in this interview at all besides the basics listed in this thread. If it's your first interview expect to be rejected. Just because they say they'll do a background check or another interview doesn't mean you got the job. It's usually just a lie.
>>
File: 1494066019934.png (266KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
1494066019934.png
266KB, 665x574px
>>37915715
>Why they fuck are you spering out then
I'm just so nervous.
I don't want to fuck up, or look stupid.
I already have a hard time talking to people, now it's something important.
>>
File: 1481825585803s.jpg (8KB, 242x250px) Image search: [Google]
1481825585803s.jpg
8KB, 242x250px
>>37915715
>mfw OP will go full autistic mode during interview
>mfw it's a cashier job

Don't worry OP. You'll get the job. Just bee urself
>>
>>37915670
Oh, that's easy. Just tell them that you always wanted that job and are not a kleptomaniac. Repeat it multiple times so they have no doubt in you.
>>
>>37915315
Prepare to answer questions like
>name 3 positive/negative traits you have
>how would other people describe you
>what motivates you to work
>>
>>37915781
How old are you? Just don't go full sphagetti-mode. Relax and answer their shitty questions. Since it's not a complex job. The interview will be easy.
>>
Im not saying you should do this but ive gone to job interviews wearing ripped up jeans and wrinkly shirts and they still called me back offering the job anyways.
>>
>>37915807
I have nothing to eat.
>>
>>37915807
If they asked me these questions.

>name 3 positive/negative traits you have
Postive : Hard Working. Delligent. Enthusiastic.
Negative : Social anxiety, Inferiority complex, Weeb
>how would other people describe you
27 year old manlet virgin
I am a poor man and, I have to pay bills
>>
>>37915820
18.There's been no jobs in my area, so I didn't even expect to get an interview. Now that one called, I realize I'm not at all ready
>>
>>37915872
rejected desu
>>
>>37915879
>implying I don't wanna be NEET.
>>
>>37915315
>interview with company
>they make an offer immediately afterwards
>>
>tfw Janitor at McDonalds
>tfw 27 years old

WHEN WILL THIS SUFFERING END?
>>
File: largeVessle.jpg (316KB, 1500x890px) Image search: [Google]
largeVessle.jpg
316KB, 1500x890px
quit the job
no shitty wage slavery is worth it
>>
File: IMG_0792.png (220KB, 430x430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0792.png
220KB, 430x430px
>>37915315
Don't be an autismo, wear something somewhat nice, show up a little early, answer clearly and make eye contact (try to pick one eye instead of switching back and forth) be enthusiastic but don't be a faggot. Enjoy your new job.
>>
Go in there expecting not to get it, expect that you're going to do 20 of these before you get one, and this is just a practice run. That's how all job searches work. Take the pressure off yourself to care about every individual one.
>>
>>37915315
>job interview tomorrow
>saturday

how to tell if you got a shit job 101
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.