[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need a new way to entertain myself, r9k is toxic and I feel

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_20170511_190530.jpg (39KB, 640x757px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170511_190530.jpg
39KB, 640x757px
I need a new way to entertain myself, r9k is toxic and I feel it's just dragging me further down, any of you guys got any hobbies or whatnot to keep you occupied?
>>
File: PA170102.jpg (383KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
PA170102.jpg
383KB, 1600x1200px
>>37901973

I do a lot of garage work, whenever something in this house breaks down I've always been very interested in learning how it works and try to repair it. Then some relatives started dropping off their broken stuff, then their neighbours stuff and then their friends etc. So I get all sorts of stuff to fix, last night I swapped a brake caliper for someone and serviced a lawnmower (sharpened the knives, changed oil, welded the handle), a while ago I split a tractor in half to replace main clutch, pto, quickshift etc. Lately it's been getting almost a bit too much at times though, but still good fun, feels like I'm learning new stuff all the time. Tonight I'll probably replace the charge contact on a laptop. Pic is a bit old, I have things a bit better arranged nowadays and a lot of new equipment.
>>
>>37901973
I watch movies, read, and play vidya. Sometimes I draw. It's really about what you're interested in.

>>37902342
Sounds pretty awesome dude. Must be nice hunting down spare parts and whatnot. Do you use the internet, or know people at dumps and salvage yards?
>>
>>37901973
It's called reaI life
>>
>>37902860
I mostly do stuff like that. Typical entertainment
>>37902342
This sounds cool anon. Ill need to learn more car stuff but I'm not big into mechanical stuff, I wish I was more into fixing things.
>>37901973
Is there nothing you enjoy? I would dabble in a bunch of stuff to see what fits you
>>
>>37901973
buy giant tropical beetle larvae online and raise them
>>
>>37902860
>Sounds pretty awesome dude. Must be nice hunting down spare parts and whatnot. Do you use the internet, or know people at dumps and salvage yards?

Bit of both, there's quite a lot of breaker yards in the area and we also have these recycling stations, one isn't allowed to pick stuff out of the bins but noone watches anyway. Internet is a Mecca and some times a bit of calling around gets one really far too. While ago I had this Briggs engine from the late 50's, no original mufflers around to find for it, but managed to get number to some old shop out in nowhere and the owner had a new one that had been sitting in his shelves for like 40 years
>>
my hobby is drinking
>>
>>37903837
>had a new one that had been sitting in his shelves for like 40 years
That's what I'm talking about, it must have been such a satisfying find.
I'm envious of your hobby, to be honest.
If you read this, have a nice night
>>
>>37903921

Thanks anon, you have a good one as well!
>>
File: IMG_8525.jpg (66KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8525.jpg
66KB, 560x560px
>>37901973
Start watching basketball anon focusing on that keeps me entertained and my mond off the dread of being alive
>>
File: 1496979619862.jpg (68KB, 577x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1496979619862.jpg
68KB, 577x1024px
>>37903317
>giant tropical beetle
>google this
>end up on the wiki page for Goliathus beetles
>see also: insect fighting
>mfw
>>
>>37901973
I browse Hypebeast and get in tune with the culture. Last week I was able to engage a pretty good convo about basketball and I don't watch it. It's good to have things to talk about besides cryptic 4chan memes

I also browse reddit occasionally, unironically.
>>
>>37903921
>I'm envious of your hobby
Literally nothing stopping you from picking it up yourself
>>
>>37901973
Try Steam
>Enter The Gungeon
>Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+
>Dead Cells
>Fallout NV - Modded
Drown your boredom with vidya gayms
>>
File: hgst-hard-drive-580x358.jpg (74KB, 580x358px) Image search: [Google]
hgst-hard-drive-580x358.jpg
74KB, 580x358px
>>37901973
Some of the stuff I currently do

>Gunpla
Building gundam model kits. Cutting out the pieces in a way to minimize stress marks, sanding down the nubs, and putting on the decals are all fun and dandy when you're starting off, but the real fun is when you get into painting with an airbrush and making custom color schemes. I take it a step further and I try integrate electronics so that the lenses glow with an led behind them. The challenge in that often times is figuring out how to run the wires in such a way that you don't sacrifice too much joint mobility

>Costume making/sewing
Pck a character from a video game, movie, anime, manga, whatever, and try replicate their outfit/costume by building/sewing all the clothing from scratch. Figure out your measurements and adjust your patterns so that the clothes will fit you nicely. Armour can be made using EVA foam, you can throw LEDs in when some costumes need light sources, honestly it's loads of fun just learning shit as you go and I never go to any cosplay conventions. I've also been trying to transition to regular clothing design for everyday wear. Currently doing research on making my own shoes from scratch.

>Circuit design
The /ohm/ general is a big help over at /diy/. Definitely not for everyone, I studied electrical engineering personally so I happen to know a thing or two about designing circuits. Loads of projects out there to get you started, but ultimately the fun comes when you come up with your own project ideas. For example, I came up with the idea of making a self sustaining fish aquarium by running a bunch of sensors to a microcomputer, then running a feedback loop with other devices to regulate things like water clarity, temperature, sodium levels, and feeding times. Just an example, there's endless shit you can make.

Just a few things I do. I highly recommend browsing some of the hobby boards right in front of you, see if anything interests you and go from there.
>>
>>37901973
i miss gay william johnnson
>>
>>37901973
watch ray william johnson all day
>>
>>37908640
he quit tho feelsgayman
and his new show sucks dick
>>
>>37901973
>needing someone to choose your hobbies for you
You already know it's a distraction so why don't you do whatever you want? I don't believe that you don't actually have any ideas already.
>>
>>37908389
>gunpla
My kinda nigga. I also collect those,although I don`t do much customization. So,what kind of MS appeal to you? Or do you have no faction or any preferences and get whichever?
>>
File: 1460066289682.jpg (130KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1460066289682.jpg
130KB, 650x650px
>>37901973
I'm in the same boat, OP. I've realized that this place is awful for me but I don't know where to go. I don't have any friends and have no idea how to socialize outside of here. I don't even know what other places to go. There's, what, reddit, I guess? It's the only other place that gets talked about here. I'm just tired of the constant and suffocating irony/sarcasm/bitterness, it's not good for me to be here.

I'm ready to leave but don't have anywhere to go.
>>
File: voot-1200x675.jpg (253KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
voot-1200x675.jpg
253KB, 1200x675px
>>37908731
Admittedly, I've put my collecting on a bit of a halt because funds. I don't collect much from the gundam lore nor have I ever really followed the lore through anime, that's not to say I don't like any of the suits though. I really get stuff from the virtual-on lore since I grew up playing the arcade/video games and was always fascinated by their designs over the dozens of rx78 and zaku parallels. Also, it's more of a challenge to me since bandai doesn't fuck with anything non-gundam, so I have to go to brands that don't engineer their parts all that well, I more often than not have to take it upon myself to fix things like loose joints.
>>
File: 1480401064382.jpg (132KB, 620x880px) Image search: [Google]
1480401064382.jpg
132KB, 620x880px
>Model kits

It's fun to research color schemes and learn new techniques for painting and weathering. Unlike vidya etc there's a physical end-product being created.

>Camping/hiking

Lots of cool scenery/animals/plants. Always makes me feel healthy/rejuvenated to sleep out in fresh air. Lots of wholesome people involved too.
>>
>>37909029
>Camping/hiking
I really want to get into this, go out in the wilderness completely alone, trying to find complete isolation devoid of any people. Though I fear that I will just get lost if I wander off on my own.
>>
>>37908746
There's a crapton of other boards you can try out right here on the chins. Try a hobby board, you might end up liking it.
>>
>>37909069

Ease yourself into it at a tame state park with shorter trail sections before trying to get miles from civilization/off-trail.
>>
>>37903078
Okay but what is it?
It's pretty hard for me to tell sometimes
I've been trying to find it
But I can't
>>
>>37901973
I've taken up reading, trying to discover new music and making shitty maps for a somewhat obscure, old PC game. Keeps me somewhat distracted.
>>
>>37903844
Same
It's a shit hobby
But it's there for me no matter where or who I am
At least when I fall through the cracks into nowhere there is still my liquid friend waiting to embrace me
>>
>>37901973
I like going to the gym and trying to get stronger. Makes me feel like I have control over something in my life.

Otherwise my life is pretty mundane. I'd like to pick up hobbies but my handiwork is total shite.
>>
- Rarely draw
- Rarely write
- Very often read books, mostly scientific
- Find new music (genres) to listen to
- Go plant hunting
- Go on walks
- Experiment with cooking
Of course none of this is social, and that's the issue.
>>
>>37909359
Yeah I would love to do more outdoorsie stuff yet im stuck in the city so its a tedious hassle for just passing time
>>
>>37909468
I actually prefer urban areas for walking as the plants I am looking for are more easily find there. And I like parks but the city I currently reside in doesn't have parks I like.

The rural country has better forests but that's it.
>>
File: 45554363643765.png (1MB, 1216x692px) Image search: [Google]
45554363643765.png
1MB, 1216x692px
>>37901973
I find having sex with ladies is a good time waster.
>>
i make soap bars, cook food, take a walk in the nature, work overtime, bake a cake, read a book, learn something new, take care of my flowers, clean, paint, go out and lots of photos, write something, make a present, go to the city and buy things for someone you care about, go running, go swimming, go to the gym
>>
>>37910155
you sound like my ideal GF
>>
>>37910175
yea but im on r9k so i cant be your ideal gf
>>
>>37901973
I life near a forest in my area, people mainly use it to go jogging, at night I visit it and spray satanic signs and scary messages on the walls/trees. Sometimes I buy some rats and kill them spreading them all over demonic signs. People now think that some witch circle is in our area, and are starting retarded rumors. I giggle everytime my sister tells me about the dumb ideas people come up with, if they would know...
>>
>>37909359
>- Go plant hunting
how does it work?

>Of course none of this is social, and that's the issue.
this ;_; the only reason why i'm still here
>>
>>37910292
>how does it work?
I search for certain species, or discover new ones and try to determine what they are
The most fun I have is when I find garden escapes
>>37910292
>this ;_; the only reason why i'm still here
Well, I think part of it boils down to my personality and attitude as well
On the other hand if you have specific tastes it is more difficult to find social activities in that
>>
Loathing myself while drinking copious amounts of beer on my own.
>>
>>37909029
>model kits
I've been thinking about picking this up recently. I even found some boat models I kinda like and would like to buy but it seems very intimidating.
The beginner stuff mainly consists of sailing boats and things like that and they all look like shit. Only the big and somewhat complicated models look cool so I don't know what to do. Of course I'm not talking about 2 meter ships that cost 1000$ for my first build but even 100$ half-meter ships look terribly complicated.
Are other model kits (planes, trains or whatever else) a better place to start? I really like the ship aesthetic but I fear I'll mess up terribly by the end or just stop halfway.
Also, I've had a look on /diy/ to see if there are any modeling threads but I couldn't find any last time I checked.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.