[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robot Meditation

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1024.jpg (198KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1024.jpg
198KB, 1024x768px
Does /r9k/ meditate?

I used to think it was a total meme, probably because I'm not a spiritual or religious person at all. I tried it on a whim and actually got some pretty strong effects. I'm only a beginner but can get pretty strong closed eye visuals similar to weed, and if I spend long enough doing it (45mins+) can totally screw up my bodies sense of itself and be super relaxed like I'm floating.

The basic way of doing it is to either lay down on your back, or sit down in a relaxed position. Do it in a super quiet room. All you do is focus on your breathing, try and follow your breath as it starts, right to it's end, and repeat. Naturally, this gets boring so your mind tends to wander without you noticing. This isn't you messing it up, it's supposed to happen. I find it's best to try not to move at all, even if you really feel the urge to. Whenever you snap out of it and realise you've allowed your mind to wander, come back to the breathing and start again. You eventually get deeper and deeper, assuming you can stay awake.
>>
File: 1496540026924.png (82KB, 239x229px) Image search: [Google]
1496540026924.png
82KB, 239x229px
>>37901216
Once when I did it I got so deep that I felt literally nothing.

If it wasn't for my thoughts and breathing I would've been convinced that I had somehow ceased to exist.
>>
>>37901216
Do you close your eyes? Do you breath through your mouth or your nose?

I've tried meditating the past week, but I've only been doing it 5 minutes every morning since I read in some guide that you should start meditating for a short amount of time and build up to longer meditations.

It's really hard to keep focused on "nothing" how do I fix this?
>>
>>37901297
>Once when I did it I got so deep that I felt literally nothing
Just yesterday I ended up getting into half sleep-paralysis because of it.

I was doing it and fell asleep, I sort of woke up again after an indeterminate amount of time. My mouth felt messed up, like I was really aware of where my jaw was for some reason. I tried to move it but I couldn't then I realised I could only move the lower half of my body, and only really slowly.

I just accepted it and went back to what I was doing.
>>
File: 1497851175425.jpg (26KB, 440x586px) Image search: [Google]
1497851175425.jpg
26KB, 440x586px
>>37901374
>Do you close your eyes? Do you breath through your mouth or your nose?
Definitely through your nose in my opinion, mouth open isn't your relaxed state.

>It's really hard to keep focused on "nothing" how do I fix this?
You kind of aren't meant to, you're not meant to tear yourself away from your thoughts and focus on nothing, you're meant to get lost in the random crap your mind comes up with when you're trying to think about nothing.

Regardless of what you think of Sam Harris this video is pretty good at forcing you into it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OboD7JrT0NE
>>
Yeah im about to meditate to the pic in the op
>>
I started it a couple months ago at the suggestion of my therapist, 20 minutes a day.

Gotta be honest, I haven't noticed any improvements in my life yet. It feels good when you do it, but once it's over you go right back to misery.
>>
Ive tried it a bit. I once began hearing a really entance humming and felt like my body was vibrating. Has anyone else had this?
>>
Reminds me of a cunt I knew in Seattle. What a bitch.
>>
I always put this on while I contemplate life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46kAzBMJpEk
>>
>>37901216
source ya dweeb
>>
>>37902403
digmon.tumblr.com/tagged/me
she's drastically different from that photo now though.
>>
>>37902610
That's some nice thinspo, I need to actually focus on losing weight
>>
There are probably any number of big/small tips I could give but the single biggest takeaway I can give is this:

Don't meditate expecting to get some huge, consistent result from it. Once your mind/body gets used to meditating after a few weeks, you'll no longer get those immediately noticeable effects from meditation.

Meditation is boring, yes, but the bigger point is that it's nothing. Unless you're in terrible physical pain, meditation is among the most neutral things you can do. It is neither good (exciting, fun, deep, etc.) nor bad (painful, stressful, anxiety-inducing, strenuous, etc.). It just is. If there are even any overarching goals with mindfulness meditation, I would say they are:
* getting more accustomed to your thoughts/thought patterns -- that is, seeing them for what they are: just thoughts
* becoming more tethered to the present moment, by being less attached to your thoughts

While you can temporarily get those effects right after a meditation session (more often when you're a beginner; less often after a few months), the main way to incorporate them seamlessly in your life is to meditate over the course of months/years. At the same time, the first takeaway above is still valid: it's not going to be immediate and noticeable, and will instead be a subtle shift within you, so you shouldn't seek it out.

How I meditate:
1) Sit in a stable position (stability is important: youtube/google meditation positions and try to find a position that's either very stable or a combination of stable/comfy).
2) Tilt head down very slightly to lessen neck straining.
3) Gaze, in an unfocused manner, a few feet ahead. Taking glasses off works, too. And yes, that means eyes open.
4) Put hands in meditation/dhyana mudra position.
5) Focus on breath and physical sensations (i.e. the present), trying not to be wrapped in thought.
6) If thoughts occur, refocus on the present. Be kind to yourself and don't feel bad about a wandering mind: it is expected, natural.
>>
How do I meditate that chicks mouth on my dick
>>
File: 1498080796151.jpg (41KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1498080796151.jpg
41KB, 700x525px
>>37902610
>digmon.tumblr.com/tagged/me
S T I C C
T H I N N
>>
Post moar of OP pic

I talked to this slut once. Autistic and slutty and stuck up, all in one neat little package.

Huge fucking tits though. Would bang.
>>
>>37903327

Holy fucking shit after looking at:

>>37902610

what in the actual fuck did this bitch do to herself holy fuck lololololol
>>
File: 1376080606210.jpg (15KB, 331x314px) Image search: [Google]
1376080606210.jpg
15KB, 331x314px
>>37902610
Jesus christ, what a waste.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.