[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

which book of his should I read? also is anyone interested in

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: f_0yukiom_18c92f3.jpg (60KB, 467x605px) Image search: [Google]
f_0yukiom_18c92f3.jpg
60KB, 467x605px
which book of his should I read? also is anyone interested in the idea of an /r9k/ book club?
>>
>>37897196
that sounds like a very nice idea, I have no suggestions myself though... hence why I'm interested in joining.
>>
Who is he? He looks interesting.
>>
>>37897196
Start going through Jordan B Petersons reading list.
>>
>>37897225
me neither I'd just like the idea of feeling some encouragement to read.

>>37897229
he's Yukio Mishima. He's an insecure gay guy who got swole to try fix his problems. Tried starting a coup in Japan.

>On November 25, 1970, Mishima and four members of the Tatenokai, under pretext, visited the commandant of the Ichigaya Camp, the Tokyo headquarters of the Eastern Command of the Japan Self-Defense Forces. Inside, they barricaded the office and tied the commandant to his chair. With a prepared manifesto and a banner listing their demands, Mishima stepped onto the balcony to address the soldiers gathered below. His speech was intended to inspire a coup d'etat to restore the power of the emperor. He succeeded only in irritating the soldiers, and was mocked and jeered.

he's pretty much an early-day mass shooter but this was before they had all these labels like autism, personality disorders, etc. to label him so they just said he was insecure gay gay.

>>37897298
please take this to any other board
>>
confessions of a mask
spring snow
runaway horses
>>
Here are the ones I have read, in chronological order:

After the Banquet
Patriotism
The Sound of the Waves
Confessions of a Mask

I would recommend reading Patriotism, its by far the best. Confessions of a mask, though his most famous, fell flat for me. The Sound of the Waves is supposed to be a love story between boy and girl, but is actually a nationalist love story for young hot Japanese men. After the banquet was good, but just not that remarkable.
>>
>>37897229

It's Anthony Quinn...

>>37897196

>Mishima's Sea of Fertility tetralogy is a commitment, but a masterpiece.
>Also look for "The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With the Sea" and "Confessions of a Mask"
>>
>>37897196
mishima fanboy here, definitely start with "sailor who fell from grace with the sea"

temple of the golden pavillion and spring snow are my personal favorites of his though
>>
>>37897196
Yeah a book club would be cool. Set it up lets do it.
>>
File: x.png (94KB, 192x187px) Image search: [Google]
x.png
94KB, 192x187px
>>37897196
>Mfw I had multiple boner while reading confession of a mask
>>
File: 19.jpg (296KB, 1483x2205px) Image search: [Google]
19.jpg
296KB, 1483x2205px
Also, pic related

iriginal
>>
>>37897556
>Set it up lets do it
I'm not really up for committing to making threads every day but if someone wants to strawpoll a few bookswe could get started reading and all keep an eye out for a new thread tomorrow. Schedule or no schedule? guess it'd work either way
>>
>>37897428

Who's Anthony Quinn?
>>
bumping
someone pick a book, 10 IPs is a start
>>
File: name.jpg (30KB, 262x299px) Image search: [Google]
name.jpg
30KB, 262x299px
>>37897599
>mfw i thought confessions of a mask was boring until the second half when he met Sonoko
>>
Any of you have a mega link to his stuff? I'm intrigued
>>
>>37897196
Should you start a book club, what would the book genre focus be? How and when would we meet?

I do not read much. I became bored reading books when I was younger because everything that was given to me was too boring, too base. I just read text online instead.
>>
>>37898315
search gen lib rus, it's all there
>>
I'm gonna create a strawpoll in 10 minutes, post suggestions. So far I've got only 3 in this thread so I might have to beef it up myself.

>>37898423
>Should you start a book club, what would the book genre focus be
I don't know anon, probably any book could be alright. I'd rather avoid memeshit like Jordan Peterson but that might be easiest way to get people in here, so it doesn't really matter. As for schedule it's also not important we could just start occasional threads with book club in the op and we can pick up newcomers up along the way by having an everyone-going-at-their-own-pace mindset, when a couple people are done poll another few books. We should also avoid books where spoilers are big concern until we know if we want a schedule or not
>>37898315
download books from http://libgen.io/
>>
>>37897746
>Who's Anthony Quinn?

>being this summer
>>
File: db-3in1-vol2.jpg (410KB, 1001x1417px) Image search: [Google]
db-3in1-vol2.jpg
410KB, 1001x1417px
http://www.strawpoll.me/13262553 remade with only one choice

I've gotta sleep. vote now and I'll make an OP tomorrow with poll in OP, we'll keep at it until there's a good number polled, 5-10. See ya then senpaitachi.
>>
>>37899132
y did he died?
>>
>>37897196
Start with The Temple of the Golden pavilion. It's a perfect showcase of his style without having to consume a series. The Sound of The Waves is also a very good yet short book, but the REAL SHIT is the Sea of Fertility, a series of 4 books, the last of which he filed to his publisher before committing suicide. The Sea of Fertility is honestly all you need to read to get a perfect perception of Mishima as an author, and all of the books are supremely beautiful (an advective which Yukio Mishima reflects upon a lot in his books.) Almost all of his work takes place in Japan, and you should probably have a rudimentary knowledge of Japanese culture and history before you dig deep into him, though,
>>
>>37897360
Isn't he like a turbo manlet at 5'2 or something?
>>
>>37897632
there was a more involved infographic than this, anyone got it?
>>
>>37899407
He's actually a grand duke of the manlets standing at a titanic 5'1
>>
>tfw you'll never have the balls to kill yourself like he did
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.