[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got hired for a job help

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: 1441002583697.jpg (10KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
1441002583697.jpg
10KB, 249x249px
I haven't worked for a year, and somehow after like 2 days of job applications I got a job landscaping

I start tomorrow, full time. What the fuck am I supposed to do?
>>
Go to work you lazy cunt
>>
Probably green dragon farming. Or some sort of powerleveling grind. Just be sure not to share your password with anyone!
>>
>>37897033
blew it from the start
you would do it at some point, so save yourself time
>>
>>37897033
>Landscaping at the start of summer

You'll quit after the first week
>>
as someone who does hardscaping, grind through the first two weeks, your body will get used to the work. Be sure to have a good diet, get a lot of carbs and protein. Try to be sociable with your co-workers, makes everything better. Also ask questions, dont be stubborn and wonder why my lawn mower won't start because you forget about the choke.
>>
>>37897269
thanks for the good advice anon

got any tips for lunches or how to survive the first two weeks. I'm going to stick with it but I don't imagine it'll be easy.
>>
>>37897191
This. They just need a coolie to work in the sun.
>>
>>37897728
You need sunblock
>>
>>37897773
okie dokie anon

hopefully I'll come out on the other end reborn as chad cockscaper
>>
>>37897033
Get ready for hard-work anon. Also I hope you like hanging out with Mexicans and the other dregs of society. Do you smoke? Cause a lot of these fuckers smoke, and they will do it in the truck you're driving to the job site. At the same time, it is rather fulfilling. You get tan, you get stronger, and you will sleep easily every single night. It's pleb tier work, don't worry anon.
>>
Hard as fuck work with illegals and white/black dudes that have felonies. And they all smoke weed all day in the truck, only way to make that miserable job tolerable.
>>
>>37897908
Try to get a lot of sugar in you. Buy tons of gatorade and lots of apples/watermelon/berries/whathaveyou. Tons of sugar + tons of water is a god send in the Summer heat.
>>
>>37897033
Don't be a fucking oussy you'll be pushing wheelbarrows and fucking with plants it's ez I did interlock for a while which is the actual hard part of landscaping
t.roofer
>>
Is this a good job to pay apartment rent ? How does one get a job like this ?
>>
>>37898932
Find construction company
Ask for job
Seriously no resume teauired where I work u show up with ur working at heights training certificate and voila it a roofer
>>
>>37897773
tfw Sicilian

tfw can survive 5 hours in 80 degree whether with no sunblock and only get small sun burn on nose and cheeks

im not even dark skinned either im super light and people assume im anglo
>>
i worked for the dole 6 months doing landscaping thru australian summer not that bad

bring ciggies
couple litres of water
wide brim hat
lighter (and a spare in case some cunt pockets it)
sunscreen

yeah and ask questions just feels weird if theres a dude standing around that cant even use a fucking shovel properly (say this from experience, fuckin Abdi u stupid slacking cunt go fuck off somewhere else lemme dig in peace)
>>
>>37899378
>80 degrees
get the fuck out of here faggot wop
>>
>>37898219
you better not be lying to me to fool me into shitting my pants anon
>>
File: 1497606309836.jpg (78KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
1497606309836.jpg
78KB, 736x736px
>>37899429
Do people form cliques in your job, or is everyone basically on the same page? How bad is the shit talking? Is there usually room for advancement, or would I have to get experience and then move from company to company?
>>
>>37899544
Bring a gallon of water and 2 large Gatorades and you'll be straight. Gum is helpful as well
>>
>>37899570
no where to really advance

there are cliques i guess but no one takes it too seriously, they put me with the other shit cunts because i was literally 2 hours late every day (somalian, chinese, portuguese guy, none of them could speak any english pre much) so that was my clique i guess and i hated em all except the chinese guy i only disliked him

we also did some construction and painting so our "cliques" were mostly people were just assigned to do work once and they kept on doing the same thing desu

shit talking not that bad at work for dole but for an actual job could get bad i guess. if ur in america im gonna guess its a lot of illegal workers? what i hear at least.

usually no where to really advance desu, landscaping is all pretty easy. can go the arborist route i guess or some sort of horticulture course but the horticulture would probably lead you to some work at a farm where arborist would be cuttin down trees n shit diagnosing diseases etc. some ppl climb trees professionally here

no one ever meant anything with the shit talking here just innocent crap, i only worked with dudes and they got the message pretty quick im not the jokey kind and we just worked fine in peace, until i got put up with the fuckin shit cunts
>>
File: asdasdasdq.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
asdasdasdq.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>37897033
Go to work, Don't be afraid to ask questions, Do what they tell you to do and do it right. You'll most likely be digging or pour concrete n shit.
>>
>>37899718
sounds like you're a little shithead cunt who can't take the bants
>>
File: p4g_wallpaper.jpg (888KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
p4g_wallpaper.jpg
888KB, 1920x1080px
>>37897033
Anon if you really want a easy as job just be a buss boy at a restaurant, One of the easiest jobs I had in my life, I made like 460 every two weeks part time.....
>>
Quick /r9k/, would you rather be a new hire at a landscaping job or an assistant manager at a fast food joint?

Assuming that they pay the same
>>
>>37899819
I don't want an easy job anon
>>
>>37899747
there werent any bants, the literal only "bant" i got was some dickhead comin round when i was usin the spray pack, i filled it upto 15L (the max were insured for) and he starts talkin shit about how i didnt fill it to the top at 20L like i was really gonna use that much fuckin round up anyway
>>37899835
landscaping easy can smoke on the job
>>
>>37899835
Landscaping, I'd rather bust my balls digging with manual labor than cooking food for minimum wage. Plus Landscaping is more fun and you get exercise, Better pay...
>>
>>37899870
Get a job faggoy No job no bants
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.