[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wagie Advice?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: 1497249478694.jpg (271KB, 792x956px) Image search: [Google]
1497249478694.jpg
271KB, 792x956px
Alright boys, my NEET days are soon to be over and I've got some questions for the wagies of /r9k/. Right now I'm thinking of working overnight at a nearby Walmart.

The job apparently consists of collecting shopping carts from the parking lot and putting them in a certain location. Do you think this would be a good robot job?

If not, what are some type of jobs you'd recommend that have very little to no human contact?
>>
I just quit my job today and am going to travel the world for six months.
>>
File: confused cena.png (305KB, 780x541px) Image search: [Google]
confused cena.png
305KB, 780x541px
>>37895806
Not helpful, but thanks for the bump I guess.
>>
File: shutterstock_178038440.jpg (22KB, 610x800px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_178038440.jpg
22KB, 610x800px
There's this kid
>olive drag jacket
>shaggy hair hanging in his face
>carries an electric hand fan
>scruffy facial hair
He's been pushing carts at the Meijer here for longer than I've been around, maybe 2 years or so. I know he browses this board. I hope he's doing good. What a shitty bunch of fucking asshole bosses he has that I use my customer power to be the thorn in their asses as often as I can. I've even called MDARD on them before. I do it because he can't.

Solidarity, brother.
>>
>>37895651
This is a pretty good job depending on the weather in your area.

You will get bored. If you complain they might fire you. But if you can tolerate the wage for the work, it's not bad.
>>
I wouldn't especially in the area I live in. Not worth the risk of being mugged or stabbed at all.
>>
File: 1497854777826.jpg (21KB, 221x246px) Image search: [Google]
1497854777826.jpg
21KB, 221x246px
>>37895903
That sounds very noble anon, good on you.

>>37895932
Sounds pretty good, it's usually pretty cool here at night

>>37895938
Thankfully for me I live in a pretty quiet place although I'm sure probably a lot of nutjobs come out at night.
>>
Buy some kratom and take it before work. It makes tedious tasks fun without fucking you up, like weed or alcohol would do.
Because of it I have managed to keep my grocery job for almost two years now without getting terribly bored.
That being said I only venture out into public after 1am. Usually need stuff from Walmart, and I can't begin to explain how jealous I am of their overnight crew.
Cleaning floors at their own pace, stocking shelves in empty aisles while listening to comfy music, drowning out the rest of the world completely.

Unfortunately I was caught shoplifting at Wally world as a teen, so I have to do the exact same thing at Kroger for $8/hr instead of the $10/hr they start you off with there. Everyone I've seen on nightshift is robot material.
Thank your lucky stars that you have this opportunity. Some of us would kill for it.
>>
>>37896084
What kind of kratom do you like, friend? I just bought some ultra e indo (forgot what the e was for) and some white Sumatra. I'm generally a weed guy but I kicked it a while back and I'm looking for something else.
>>
>>37896208
Same here. I smoked daily for 5yrs, been off for 2 months now. Never smoked before work though.
I have been buying nothing but Red Borneo. I have to buy in bulk, so I'm afraid to try anything else. Can't risk wasting money. I need something that's sedating because I'm over the top anxious all the time
>>
>>37896263
Canopy Botanicals was recommended to me in a thread earlier today. I see a lot more options on plebbit tho. Is the red Borneo strong?
>>
>>37895651
Good for you OP. I can't even bring myself to get any job. It's so defeating. I have no motivation to be self employed or to get a slave job. What should I do? I've thought about running away, but I'll die more slowly and painfully than I would like
>>
File: image.png (30KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
30KB, 300x250px
>>37895651
I worked overnight at Walmart. I liked it for the limited interaction but I hated the way working overnight fucked with my sleep schedule.

Idk about your Walmart but ours was a 24 hour store. I was a stocker and usually once a night about two hours before shift end they would send a bunch of us to collect all the carts.

I don't really see how your entire shift would consist of cart pushing if you're working the 10PM-7AM shift but maybe your store gets really busy at night.

Man whatever you do don't sign up to push carts in the middle of the day, especially during the summer. I live in Texas and doing that shit in 100+ degree heat fucking sucked balls.

If you don't have any other prospects it's not too bad. I even had a couple of friends and there was something comfy about staying up all night, working my ass off lifting heavy ass boxes and putting them back down, and then driving home in the sunrise knowing I could just sleep the rest of the day.

It's the perfect job if you have no social life and don't mind getting shit pay. I hear Walmart pays like $11/hr for night shift or something now though so I guess that's a little better than the $8.50/hr I made while I was there.
>>
File: 1497851097443.jpg (68KB, 438x739px) Image search: [Google]
1497851097443.jpg
68KB, 438x739px
>>37896353
If I'm being honest, I was going to try and stay as a NEET for a long while but I got careless with my money and now I've only got about $80 to my name. It's like someone lit a fire under my ass and now I have no choice but to get a job. Sometimes all you need is that push when you're backed in a corner.

>>37896493
Interesting. So you think I'll have to stock shelves for most of my shift? I used to do that in an old job but do you think it'd be required? I suppose it would be pretty dumb to take almost 8 hours collecting carts.
>>
>>37896493
Actually now that I think about it we did have just one guy who was pushing the carts all night who would also help around with other stuff when he wasn't cart pushing so sweet it is a designated overnight job.

Just realize you'll probably have periods of time where there might not be much work for you to do so don't be a dick just standing around with your hands in your pockets and offer to help around somewhere else.

If your store has decent management they won't let you idle for very long.
>>
>>37895651
If you think you can live off of it go for it anon. Wear some good boots and get some medicated powder for your socks/underwear to keep them dry so you dont chaff. You will find mindless labor like stocking and sweeping,ect to be pretty relaxing. I dont personally work at a walmart (assistant supervisor at construction site) but i assume they would be somewhat similar. Not sure if they would put you on register or not but thats always easy to do.
>>
>>37895651
Treat your job like your farming in an mmorpg. I did that with all my wage slave jobs, because it was all I knew growing up. It's surprisingly similar, almost depressingly so.

Anyway, plan for your next job while you are working on your current one, and keep your living expenses in check. It's a long and slow climb with setbacks, but it is worth it when you get out. Neetdom is like getting over a drug addiction, it takes take time to get over.
>>
>>37896549
>>37896573
Well so the guy who did it at our store would also go do other stuff. He would push carts, and I could see that easily taking up your time from 10 to 1 or 2 since there are still a fair amount of customers during that time.

A lot of the time he would come around and take our pallets that we were stocking off of out back for us if he was running low on carts to push.

You might get called in to help stock or make cardboard bales or something.
>>
>>37896655
Double dubs speak truth. I treat each day like a daily in wow.
>>
>>37895651
I do this exact job but during the day
It's really shit the first few times but it gets really comfy eventually
I got into a routine where I'd do everything that fell under my remit but I'd also have loads of time to do other wee oddjobs and help around. I've got it set up in such a way that I don't really need to talk to anyone and I just keep busy the whole shift, and people think I'm a hard worker for it
>>
File: 1497850321186.jpg (261KB, 800x725px) Image search: [Google]
1497850321186.jpg
261KB, 800x725px
I just put in an application so hopefully I'll get a call soon, thanks to everyone for the advice.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.