[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are fewer high-IQ people married by age 30? Is it because:

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: snapshot-2017-06-22-14:49:55.png (111KB, 1033x732px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot-2017-06-22-14:49:55.png
111KB, 1033x732px
Why are fewer high-IQ people married by age 30?

Is it because:

1: They're smart enough to not get married?

2: They're viewed as "freaks", and therefore not desirable?

Or is it something else?
>>
>>37894361
They are more likely to go to College and probabyl also more likely to study longer.
>>
Those stats have to be out dated, no way that many 30 year olds are married unless I am that out of touch.
>>
>>37894361
busy working at a high pressure job
making enough money to have fun / a girlfriend without having time to commit
>>
>>37894361
I do not believe that the single carrer have that so many benefits.. But one thing is clear.. Girls take precious time of a man.
>>
>>37894378

But wouldn't going to college increase your chances of finding someone to marry? In college, there's an intense concentration of single people your own age -- there's probably no better place you can go (IRL) to get continual exposure to marriageable people.

Frank Zappa famously said: "If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library."
>>
>>37894397
>Those stats have to be out dated

The are a bit outdated. But marriage rates for high-IQ people are still lower even today.
>>
>>37894361
Gifted people have huge problems finding partners who measure up to themselves.
Find a table like this with suicide stats.
>>
>>37894361
A lot of those are asian american men, and no one wants to marry those things
>>
>>37894487
>But wouldn't going to college increase your chances of finding someone to marry? In college, there's an intense concentration of single people your own age

No, people used to get married soon after high school.

Attending college lowers marriage rates. It traps people into getting more and more of their 20s attaining credentials. For women the 20s are the peak childrearing years and a lot of women squander their 20s earning completely useless degree.

We haven't even touched the matter of student debt.

If I'm looking for a quick bang I don't care about a woman's financial situation but if she has 150k worth of debt for a 3rd tier law degree, there's zero chance I will marry her. I have enough problems before saddling myself with another mortgage.
>>
They probably quickly realize that marriage is an outdated institution that's unnecessary for maintaining a relationship, and just don't bother to do it. A lot of millineals are getting to be like that anyway, really.
>>
>>37894378
>>37894434
They're also usually the ones who develop self-doubt neuroses, insecurity, etc. Or if they're still cocky, they just come off as smug nerds.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.