[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>interview for Starbucks tomorrow HELP HOW DO I NOT FUCK UP

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

>interview for Starbucks tomorrow
HELP HOW DO I NOT FUCK UP
>>
>>37892336
CANCEL
>>
Don't talk to them before they've had their morning's coffee
>>
File: 1496125716387.png (34KB, 957x558px) Image search: [Google]
1496125716387.png
34KB, 957x558px
>>37892371
>>37892362
Lads seriously I need this job, what do I do
>>
>>37892336
>HOW DO I NOT FUCK UP
Don't work at Starbucks for one
>>
Dress like a hipster.
Memorize a bunch of indie/hipster music.
Make eye contact and bullshit his/her questions.
Easy as pie.
>>
Sell yourself to us OP.
>>
>>37892407
Just be yourself as long as yourself is an extroverted person who can take long complicated coffee orders from the most vapid normie fucks to exist
>>
>>37892336
Get some forearm tattoos and a stupid moustache
>>
>Works for Starbucks
>athinks he's a robot
>>
>>37892336
I would like three *complicated* orders of hot drinks please using that complicated machine.

*Big queue waiting*

OP your so fucked if you got the job anyway.
>>
>>37892336
I've learned that lying on every single question no matter what it is gets you better results. It instills some kind of primal confidence that makes people like you.
>>
File: 1498075732809.jpg (46KB, 578x600px) Image search: [Google]
1498075732809.jpg
46KB, 578x600px
>>37892489
>>37892479
>>37892445
Nowhere else near my house will hire me, not even McDicks

It's either this or staying a neet and God knows I cannot handle that anymore
>>
>>37892530
You suffering from anything mental or physical?
>>
>>37892570
No, I'm a bit of a skele but nothing else. No autism or anything, I can make conversation fairly easily without choking up
>>
>>37892530
>Nowhere else near my house will hire me, not even McDicks
Lie and say you're Mexican. You will get 100% of the jobs you apply for. Claim you're a halfbreed and they can't prove you wrong.
>>
>>37892611
you might be ok with starbucks then.
>>
>>37892407
Easy, google it! For keks, ask us!

Now, heres what you gotta do!
>dress up as a clown
>kick up the door
>Screem Al-Qaeda or somebullshit
>Start shooting wipe cream on everyone
>You hired
>>
>>37892635
lel I'm pasty as fuck nigga, there's no way I can pass off as half Mexican
>>
>>37892407
I had an interview a while back, the guy said he'd set up a second interview for me, but I got a different job before that happened. It seemed liked they needed people willing to stay in that job for a while, because the training takes a fair amount of time. Basically just seem like you have nothing much else going on in your life, that you don't plan on moving for a while, that sort of stuff.
>>
>>37892922
What kind of questions did you get?
>>
File: 1478431380182.gif (2MB, 320x362px) Image search: [Google]
1478431380182.gif
2MB, 320x362px
>>37892963
Really not a lot of things.
When are you available to work, are you planning on staying in this job for a while, what other obligations do you have, do you have a car or reliable transportation, do you mind cleaning, can you handle stressful situations, do you have a food handlers license (this really helps when applying to food places)
They didn't seem too horribly concerned with what kind of person I was, just whether or not I could get there and stay there.
>>
>>37893032
Alright, I got a call back a few days after changing my hours to being able to do mornings (I originally just had nights) so I'm imaging they need morning people.

Praying they don't do that weakness/strength bullshit or the "sell me this garbage" and do your sort of interview
>>
>>37893128
>he can't make a sales pitch
wew
>>
>>37893181
I can make one, I just don't want to
>>
>>37893200
Then I don't want to hire you, how about that you fucking wise guy. Huh? You think you're so smart now?
>>
>>37892336
>>37892407
>>37892922

I'm a former NEET who works at Starbucks now. I actually encourage other NEETS who want out to apply here because Starbucks hires the most people out of anyone else in America. I'm a fat, ugly, obese middle aged NEET with ZERO work experience and they still hired me.

Basically what they care about the most is if you have an open schedule and can work weekends. Your first month will be sort of easy, training is done through computer with some floor training. If possible, try to work either late nights or early mornings because Afternoons are pure rush hell.

Just be honest, wear a nice shirt and pants and tell them you have open availability and you'll be fine. If they hired someone like me, they'll hire you.

Also, they give you free drinks and a free food item including their boxed lunch whenever you work plus a free bag of coffee or tea every week.
>>
File: 1445695409441.jpg (68KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1445695409441.jpg
68KB, 633x758px
>>37893269
f-fuck you f-fag I didn't even want your job I have like t-twenty other ones lined up
>>
>>37893308
What if you have college? Do they tend to be flexible with that
>>
>>37893338

I'm a full time student at my local CC. I told them I can't work Monday-Thursday and they said they just need someone for weekends. I only work Friday-Sunday, make barely enough just to pay my rent but that's fine.

For the most part there was only one guy who was a dick at first but even know he's chilled out and everyone there is pretty nice to me, they understand that I'm new and still getting used to things there.

The only thing is that Im pretty shitty when it comes to bar, I've spent more time on the computer than I have on bar so now they just stick me on the register and thank me for how good I am at the register.

What sucks about Starbucks is that you're always supposed to be working on 2 drinks at once. It sounds simple and for the most part, my coworkers are great at it but I am TERRIBLE at multitasking, so I fuck up a lot and can't keep up with them yet.

Even though it's not bad and pays the bills, I'm already thinking of giving them my 2 weeks and getting a job working for my local CC which has much better hours and is much more chill.
>>
>>37892336
bring a printout of your resume / week's availability
dress nice, and shower / groom yourself before you go
shake their hand
answer their questions honestly but make it seem like you'll be a good fit for the job.
ask relevant questions.
thank them for the interview / shake their hand at the end and hope for the best. if not, keep applying to places famalam.
>>
File: Words to live by.png (279KB, 807x266px) Image search: [Google]
Words to live by.png
279KB, 807x266px
>>37892336
Do the following;
>Research into the job, find out what your responsibilities will be.
>Familiarize yourself with the products as much as possible.
>Keep calm, dress smart-casual. Do not wear a suit, a good shirt and jeans would probably cut it.
>You will likely be interviewed near the workstation, there may be background noise and you will need to be prepared for this, I had an interview at a pizza place before and the oven was on for that, was not very nice at all.
>Should you get the job learn how to use a credit card machine ASAP.
>>
>>37893473
>>37893445
I have cash register experience from wagecucking before so that's no issue. But thanks for the tips anons, I'll make sure to print a copy of my resume and schedule.

Should I bring my food handlers card?
>>
>>37893687
Might as well, it'll certainly give you some back up.
>>
>>37893687
>Should I bring my food handlers card?

Yes, don't worry about the credit card machine since you're not supposed to touch their credit cards, just ask them to swipe if no chip and put it in (oh bby) if it has a chip. As for Starbucks cards or their phone app, just swipe their card or let them scan it. POS or cash register is the easiest part of the job.
>>
Fumble as hard as you can and get a better job
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.