[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody ever did a no internet challenge?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Quills_e0173f_6303320.jpg (140KB, 720x725px) Image search: [Google]
Quills_e0173f_6303320.jpg
140KB, 720x725px
I have reason to believe that all my problems would be solved if I turned off the internet

>before I had internet
>invited friends over for console games
>read tons of books
>went out more often

>after I got internet
>spend all day inside
>no motivation to do anything
>waste my time reading other people depressed stories
>>
>>37887077
it's just a symptom, mate
>>
>>37887491
id say 98%+ of people here have spent a good chunk of their lives chained to a screen of some description. OP, i find the internet suppresses actually doing shit since you're 1. numbed with endless stimulation 2. comparing yourself to others, especially since you tend to see people's best aspects online and 3. overwhelmed by decision fatigue and too many choices. comparison is the thief of joy, and it's hard to enjoy anything when your attention span is fried.
>>
>>37887077
The person that made that image is a retard.
>>
>>37887712
It's a perfect analogy. To say that the founding fathers were too stupid to realize guns would shoot faster and more accurate but could perfectly grasp the concept of the Internet means the only retard here is you.
>>
I don't think all of my issues would be solved by not using the internet. I'd just switch to TV and reading. I might go outside but because I've moved so many times I don't have any friends here so I don't have a good way to meet people my age since things like high school help to meet people in smaller towns like this.
>>
>>37887736
The fact you don't understand that guns are the last line of defence for citizens makes you the retard here.

The U.S is going to get invaded at some point, and if our guns are taken away, we will lose.
>>
>>37887851
Its more along the lines of a big rant a guy had where basically: You can't have a police state controlling the populace if there are millions of people with guns that can resist. Take those guns away, you remove the ability to resist a police state and true tyranny.
Though yeah, the prospect of invaders having to fight the citizens constantly in an invasion helps deter that too.
>>
>>37887077
I quit the internet for two weeks once, it just made me feel lonely and bored. We're sharing a drink we call loneliness, but it's better than drinking alone.
>>
>>37888078
you're supposed to replace it with worthwhile activities. if you're a neet and you stop using the net without changing anything, yeah it's gonna suck, because your safety blanket is gone and your brain is clear to realise you're just burying your head in the sand.
>>
>>37887077
You are just programmed to feel miserable, internet or no internet, you will find reasons.
Some people just cant be happy, look at Kurt Cobain for instance, he had everything that you and everyone on this board wants times a hundred, and yet he spilled his brains at 27.
>>
>>37888078
If you really want to quit the internet, or not the internet but imageboards at least, you must find a replacement for the socialization you get from here. If not it's 100% sure you'll come back.

Without ANY kind of socialization people becomes mad, no exceptions. This place is so enticing because it offers pressure free socialization at no cost. Once you make yourself aware of this you've got the key to leave and turn your life around.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.