[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be Yourself

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10

"Be yourself" it'a simple advice that you guys keep getting wrong.
"be yoursel" dosent' mean "do the fuck you want and people will love you".

It means "don't try to be Chad,because you aren't".
You you don't like sport don't obsess about fitness,chanche are you become a gymrat, still a wizard. People who like sport do it effortless, for them it's a PLEASURE to wake up early and go out running. yes,you can force yourself to change habits and of course you can discover new passion but keep prospective in mind.

You can't fascinate a Stacey with yout chivalry if deep down you believe she is inferior and stupid. How can people love you or even just your company if you hate them?

"Be yourself" is about avoidin self deception.
What do you like? What do you want? What are you good at? Are you ok with the price?

Maybe you know that you can get some girls if you are a dealer. You also know how a dealer life usually ends up. And you CHOOSE to avoid this path. So why the anger?

This goes for every choice you do. Be yourself, be coherent. Spend your energy to improve wile being yourself, following what you like.
If errors or rejections occours, and they will ,trust me, you lost nothing, you just learned about who you are.

And for the love of God leave the 4chan humor ON 4chan. It has no place for the outside world.
>>
File: 1498080240957.jpg (68KB, 514x491px) Image search: [Google]
1498080240957.jpg
68KB, 514x491px
>>37886137
>What do you like?
Nothing
>What do you want?
To not hate being alive
>What are you good at?
Nothing
>Are you ok with the price?
Probably not.

Wow, even when you elaborate on
>just bee urself xD
it's fucking useless
>>
>You you don't like sport

j-just being myself
>>
>>37886137
this is retarded. stop acting like you're a genius that figured something out. this is rehashed bullshit advice someone comes up with after smoking a bit of shitty weed.
>>
>>37886188
Not OP but geez dude, you're either underage or stupid. Be yourself is hard to explain but OP did well. It's just something you eventually learn with growing up.
>>
>>37886137
t. guy who's never made a mistake
>>
>>37886281
Nice argument. Really makes me think. It feels like summer in here, huh?
>>
>>37886188

youre wrong your a quite decent looser and asshole. work on that
>>
>>37886348
It';s been summer on r9k since 2012, unfortunately.

what normies mean by 'be yourself', is 'don't be inherently brain damaged and magically undo a lifetime of anxiety and depression' xddddd
>>
>>37886137
what the fuck is wrong with your english nigger
>>
>>37886261

or, you know, after growing up
>>
DUUUUUUDE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND IT'S ABOUT SELF DECEPTION IT'S ABOUT BEING TRUE TO YOURSELF XDDDD

HUH??? HUH WHAT??? YOUR TRUE SELF IS TRASH??? UH OH!!!!!!!! WHOOPSIE DAISY LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>37886368

What's your mother language?

>>37886309
on the contrary, i've done several,that's why i talk
>>
File: 1.jpg (22KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
22KB, 400x300px
>>37886380

what's wrong? of course your true self is trash, a different kind of trash from a chad or any other one.

BAWWW I'M NOT LIKE EVERY OTHER GUY, I'M TRASH!!!
>>
>>37886137
This ain't entirely accurate. Since I started exercising, my depression got better by a tad and I no longer hate seeing myself in the mirror. You're right to say that the crippling social anxiety is here to stay, but unfit people should totally pick up sports for their physical/mental health.

Mental processes can also be altered somewhat through changing your thought patterns, therapy, taking meds, etc. You're right to say that maybe we'll never naturally find it such a pleasure to talk to people, and we need breaks from social interaction more. But it's important to stop hating people, even feeling ok about them is a worthy goal. Finding something you are good at, also means that at related irl events, an introvert can in fact act like a confident Chad/Stacy within that space.

Extroversion/introversion is not an inherent psychological/personality trait. If you force yourself to go out where, you'll eventually get better at it. Conversely, if an extroverted chatterbox is bullied for years, they can become shut-ins. I let go of trying to be "true to who I am", and am just doing whatever increases ny confidence and happiness.

But it's a good point you've got on having realistic expectations. Just that lots of people have so much potential they forsake out of a stubbornness to be "true to themselves"
>>
>>37886137
Can't even decipher whatever retarded shit you're trying to say
>>
File: thinking banana eater.png (1MB, 1020x921px) Image search: [Google]
thinking banana eater.png
1MB, 1020x921px
>>37886436
>crippling social anxiety is here to stay

>people should totally pick up sports
>>
>be yourself

Okay. I walk up to the girl and ask if she wants to have sex. Because that's what i want. I am myself. She says no and is disgusted by it.

I walk up to a girl, be flirty, playful, smile, romantic, i ask her to "watch a movie" with me at my place, and we have sex as a result. Because i wasn't myself. Because i was what she wanted me to be.
>>
>>37886354
What's wrong bro? I'm just beeing myself xD
>>37886361
Precisely.
>>37886411
If your true self is the wrong kind of trash, you will live a terrible life unless you stop beeing urself xD
>>
>>37886454
It's just so you dont feel like an heroing or dying of a heart attack, anon. Being alive, fit and socially anxious, is better than suicidal, fat and socially anxious.

Also you don't gotta pick a team sport. Go run, swim, lift, play a 1v1 sport with a friend, etc.
>>
>>37886411
HAHAHAHA NAH BRO UR JUST A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE XDDDDD EVERYEONE IS NORMAL AND CAPABLE OF BEEEEEING THEMSELVES XDDDDD IF U DISAGREE U ARE LE SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE XDDDDDDDDDDDD

GOTTEM BRUH!!!!!!! FUCKIN GOTTEEEEMMMMMMMMMMM BRUUUUUUUUUHHHHHH

FINNA HIT ME UP ON THAT INSTAGRAM BRUUAAHHAHAHHHHHH XDDD LEEEEEEE JUST WORLD FALLACY FACE HEEE HEEEEEEE :^)))) FINNNNANAAAAN FINNA SEND ME.THAT SNAPCHAT DAAAAAAAAWGGHGGGR D D JENEHEHEHEHEBSJDKFKSKSKDJRSSMJSJDUTJRNDUXKEMWUFJS. DJSKEIXJDNE. fuc FUCK FCK YO FOR CKIJF NLRMSLFICK SEKFBN
>>
>>37886137
"Be yourself" is literal. It's the advice good-looking, charismatic people give to you because it works for them. If you're that type of person, you don't have to be anyone other than yourself.
>>
>>37886466

You are not very good at logic,don't you?

>>37886497

you could just have said "touche'" ;)
>>
File: 1498107725775.jpg (22KB, 332x414px) Image search: [Google]
1498107725775.jpg
22KB, 332x414px
>>37886588
>you aren't very good at logic
Yet again, no argument.
>>
>>37886490
>It's just so you dont feel like an heroing

Doesn't help, I've tried.
Being inherently chemically imbalanced and fucked up, doesn't magically cease when you step into a swimming pool or start kicking a ball.

Every time I tell people this, they don't believe me or play it off like I'm making it up.
I used to get drunk just so I could cope with the anxiety and fear of going outside and being around people so I could ride a bike, and it only made me more angry and depressed, as I was aware that I wasn't able to do it sober without feeling like everybody's eyes are on me and I'm about to be shot.

I don't understand how exercise is meant to help.
If anything, it always used to leave me drained afterwards and feeling even worse.
>>
>>37886588
Concession accepted.

You are a moron in every sense of the word, you third-wolder subhuman. You're the same as every other normalfag, you lack perspective and you are incapable of empathy.
>>
>>37886614
Exercise, in theory, is supposed to release endorphins that make you feel better and stimulates brain plasticity, and the effect is noted to happen in something as simple as jogging. It's why some people feel a runner's high.

That being said, it's different for everyone, and (at this point i'm mostly guessing) if your brain's chemistry is altered enough you don't feel those benefits.
>>
File: 8c6.gif (443KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
8c6.gif
443KB, 480x238px
I love normalfag threads like this that try to elaborate on the "b urself XDDD" meme.

It's bullshit, some people are just shit people. The difference is attractive people that are shitheads don't have it nearly as bad as an unattractive shithead.
>>
>>37886619

Dear Anon,

You are Anon, I'm Anon.
Yet you're quick to assume that
I care
I 'm normie
I'm your age
Anyone will ever care about internet insults

on my hand I've figured out how to be myself and i'm bragging out with you cause I' know very well the pit of despair you are in and how hare anyone try to rationalise things to avoid reality.

In case you are missing you are a robot because you suck event at simply being yourself.
>>
>>37886721

How can you explaing unattractive people making it?
>>
>>37886602

>Be yourself dosen't work if you arent inerently good and succesfull

>wrong,everybody is trash (everybody has flaw that can be fixed,controlled or exaggerated) and that's a spectrum, not something like "good/bad"

>BBBBUT I'M DIFFERENT TRASH!!!

>that's the point,you are different "trash" so "be different trash"
>>
There's a hidden message in "be yourself" that most people don't pick up, especially entitled children who watch too many cartoons. The advice implies that not everyone can get a girlfriend. If you're a grotesque and fucked up human being then pretending not to be will only be a detriment to all involved even if you succeed. Better to be alone and honest then be a fake who gets a girl falsely. If you were decent people, this would be perfectly fine as hurting others isn't what you'd want. You'd be sad, yes, but you wouldn't be screeching in rat-like anger like most retards here.
Tl;dr: Be yourself is an advice for self acceptance, which is the first step to growth. Retards will confuse this with a "do this - get girl" mentality
>>
>>37886137
>And for the love of God leave the 4chan humor ON 4chan

ayy nigger i called nigger to everyone to show i'm up for equality. shove your own opinion up your ass.
>>
>>37886746
he's talking about irl bro.
>>
>What do you like?
Not feeling like miserable neurotic mess.

>What do you want?
Travel the world and never stop

What are you good at?
>Nothing

>Are you ok with the price?
>Maybe
>>
File: 1498048806238.jpg (99KB, 1368x1026px) Image search: [Google]
1498048806238.jpg
99KB, 1368x1026px
>>37886793
>everyone having flaws means that everyone is equally flawed
You are such a genius, how did I not see it before
>>
>>37886137
Good redpill, isn't it?
You won that qt anime girl.
>>
>>37886614
If you have severe depression, exercise doesn't help. You need therapy and meds to get it to a more manageable level before exercise has an effect. Also, if your social anxiety is way too severe, the fear of getting stared at and judged can be completely overwhelming (so get a bit of actual professional help for that. My anxiety is not completely severe, so I can manage by going to the gym/pool in off-peak periods and running in quiet areas, though I've yet to be able to play team sports)
>>
Being myself is exactly how I ended up where I am today...
>>
>>37886137
>And for the love of God leave the 4chan humor ON 4chan. It has no place for the outside world.

Actually I've made grils laugh with 4chan humor more than anything else.
>>
File: mrk.jpg (30KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
mrk.jpg
30KB, 340x340px
>>37886137

I'm not sure there is any real me. Things I like keep changing all the time. I have no special interests, no hobbies, no favorite foods or drinks, no favorite movies, books or vidya. Following daily routines is only consistent thing in my life.
>>
>>37886942

This

>>37887075

That's why I said you suck at logic, "equally flawed" is a dumb thign that you have added...why?
>>
>>37886137
>"don't try to be Chad,because you aren't".

Shit advice.

You should pretend to be a chad. Pretend you're a confident hunk of meat and you'll get laid.
Just make sure you take care of yourself aswell.
>>
>>37887286

You sound like a young fella, don't worry, but let this not be an excuse not to put effort in something.

Dosen't matter what you are, and where you can get if you don't work hard you'll get lousy results
>>
>>37887317

No, this dosen't work.

"fake it till you get it" is a shitty advice, you can fake to be a elephant and guess what you will never become a elephant.
>>
>>37887313
>equally flawed is a dumb thing you have added
>why
Because HOW flawed a person is and in what way they are flawed are important variables when considering their quality of life. The fact that you think this is "dumb" and irrelevant indicates that you are dumb and irrelevant.
>>
>>37886984

Online if you are ugly you are fucked, you figured it out yet?

People online just see a photo, a shitload of pictures and a lot of "media" created to make the subject look interesting.

Irl there are less choiche,less fiction, real people have lower standars about "look".
>>
>>37887395

I began to think that you are truly stupid.
that's exactly the point of the first post.

I'm well aware that people have difference, that's why "normies" tell you to be yourself.
BECAUSE YOU CANT BE LIKE SOMEONE ELSE.
>>
>>37887350

>young fella

I'm already a wizard. And I'm not even that worried anymore. I have started to think the whole idea of self as something coherent, as something you can put under different labels and then say thats me, is some normie bullshit.
>>
>>37887368

I never said that you'll become a chad if you pretend to be one but you'll definitely be a step closer to being a normie.

If you are a fat slob obviously you'll never be a chad. But if you take care of yourself and start being a lot more confident you could break into normie life.
>>
>>37887502
That's one of the many reasons why it's shitty advice. It doesn't mean anything. If you can't be anything other than yourself, and being yourself means your life sucks, then your life is going to suck. Whoa, mindblowing.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.