[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

meditation is a fucking meme

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

meditation is a fucking meme
>>
>>37881611
Does this mean that Buddhist monks are the word's most dedicated group of shitposters?
>>
>>37881629
no, people just shitpost on their behalf
>>
>>37881611
Learn how to remove yourself from the situation. Envision yourself as an outside entity observing yourself and you can lessen the severity of emotions.
>>
>>37881611
As soon as I start to meditate I fall asleep every time. It is calming nonetheless.
>>
>>37881611
how the fuck do you meditate, OP-sama
>>
>>37881611
From what I understand, some people struggle with it more than others. I know it's legitimate because it lessens my obsessive thoughts and allows me to return to a sense of "Objective reality." Objective reality meaning a world that isn't plagued by anxious or obsessive thoughts. Sometimes people reject meditation because they feel that they can't silence their mind. This is common, and it's actually a good practice to continuously return your focus to your breath. Getting control over the thinking mind is the first step to overcoming your thinking mind's envisioned reality. Emotions, like the thinking mind, are a part of you. You are the watcher, not the emotions or mind itself. If you were your mind, you would not be able to observe it in the first place. If you were your emotions, you would not be able to think around them. We are an amalgamation of systems.
>>
>>37881757
Is it giving up control or taking control?

when does the watcher become my mind and body?
>>
>>37881784
I shouldn't have used the word "control." Control implies that you're making a conscious effort to contain your mind, as if it were some tangible, wild beast. My personal mantra is to let the mind do what it wants, but don't feed it.

For example, if I'm suddenly flashed with a negative thought, such as: "You've made no progress and your potential is fixed, you're bound for failure." I would let my mind state what it wants and just observe, interacting with your "Thinking" mind is almost like feeding it. Some people compare it to a tool that you become more and more reliant on as you use it. I'm taking the steps that I can to shelve my thinking mind and accept that every sensation inside of me isn't wrong, or something that needs to be fixed.

Sorry for the rant.

TLDR It's a little of both. Buying into what your thinking mind has to say strengthens it and by letting it have it's way, it subsides and you gain more and more peace.
>>
>>37881611
Try LSD, bro
>>
>>37881784
Also, acceptance is a powerful tool. You can always try and change what you see fit in the world, but some things are beyond our power. I've found that by letting go of what I can't control, I no longer feel the burdens of those concepts on my shoulders. The past, and the future haunts man constantly and his own mind accompanies them. I've found that accepting my current reality and trying to keep my mind free from rumination allows me to feel satisfied...wherever I may be. It's just a matter of overcoming the negative mind I've cultured by trying to contain my emotions over a lifetime.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.