[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fuck me, SSRIs are fucking amazing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: lexapro.jpg (27KB, 625x393px) Image search: [Google]
lexapro.jpg
27KB, 625x393px
fuck me, SSRIs are fucking amazing
>>
>>37879943
How long?
How so?
>>
>>37879943
ssri's are a dumb meme and dont even have undeniable proof that they directly combat depression
>>
>>37879943
Don't the ruin your sex drive and ability to climax?
>>
>>37880067
3 months

>>37880099
I'm feeling better

>>37880128
At the start
>>
>>37880099
There is no evidence they're effective against anxiety, but for depression there is evidence
>>
File: NWY-60800-3.jpg (255KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
NWY-60800-3.jpg
255KB, 1600x1600px
>>37879943
chamomile tablets are my Go to meme pills
I swear they decrease anxiety and are harmless unlike many other herbals and pharma pills
>>
I took several different brands from 12-16 ish. Nothing really helped. So I abused other drugs and alcohol for a few years. Finally went back to the doctor and found out I am bipolar, and the SSRIs were actually making my manic moods worse. Go figure. I'm on a mood stablizer now and it is amazing.
>>
>>37880212
what do you take? are there alternatives to lithium that don't change you heaps?
>>
JFL at this post. SSRIs hardly do anything, biggest meme cope drug of the past decade. I remember when the doc prescribed them to me I kept googling "how does it feel to be on SSRIs?" and there were no good answers - because SSRIs don't actually make you feel anything. I also recently abruptly stopped taking them and had 0 withdrawals or issues.

Anything you are feeling is a placebo.
>>
Lexapro was first drug I took, worked really well for 10 months then started to get back to nonfunctioning level of anxious and depressed

It will probs run out in few months, good luck with the withdrawal m8 it's a real butch
>>
As someone working in healthcare. You guys need to do some reading..
>>
File: 1497715326775.jpg (39KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1497715326775.jpg
39KB, 512x512px
>this thread again
Fuck SSRIs.
>>
How to ruin your life 101

>take ssris
>feel nothing at all
>never climax or get hard
>sucidal thoughts increase over 9000
>>
best drug for anxiety is kratom too bad you have to be on it every day or anxiety gets worse for a while
>>
>>37880199
doesn't this cause neurotoxicity?
>>
File: 1478656163011s.jpg (7KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1478656163011s.jpg
7KB, 160x160px
>>37879943
that's where your wrong kiddo
>was on prozac
>started seeing shit
>paranoid as fuck
>awake for days
>told all my friends that they were dirty kikes and deserved be gassed.
one hell of a drug
>>
>>37881716
Probably depends on the source, if its harvested near poison runoff , probably
>>
>>37879943
Fuck Lexapro, causes suicidal thoughts
>>
>>37879943
Lexapro is shit, I had two suicide attempts before my mood even stabilised, plus the nausea was soooo bad.
>>
They are.

For me they have always stopped helping after time (8 months-1.5 years). When I notice it I just stop taking them (not advised by doctors). The withdrawals suck. Physically feel shitty, weak, dizzy etc.

But the three times I've done this in the last 10 years.. worked well. I'm usually feeling a bit better when I stop then when I started but not feeling amazing. Feel the same once the withdrawal stops.

Know I can go back to them for help when shit gets tough.. rather than being on them forever and having to juggle medications.. To find something that works
>>
ssris are fucking dope. people are just complaining because their doctors probably put them on a meme dose because they don't have actual depression they're just lazy and have shit lives lmao
>>
Any anxious fucks here?

I'm pretty much constantly paranoid about doing things wrong or shit getting fucked up.
Can barely go outside without headphones

How the hell do I fix this? Is exercise, diet and meditation a meme or will it actually help?
>>
>>37883858
practice meditation and then work on getting better and better at it. it does help. how often do you let your mind clear out and just be there in the moment without shit popping in and out of your head?
>>
>>37881741
Thats too much /pol/ senpai its rotting your brain.
>>
>this thread is giving me a fight or flight response in my stomach just from the replies

fuck anxiety
>>
>>37883927
>how often do you let your mind clear out and just be there in the moment without shit popping in and out of your head?

its a constant spew of thoughts to the point where I forget I'm getting a cup of water by the time I get to the kitchen
>>
>>37883977
you are like a little baby, watch this:
>feels a heart palpitation while getting ready to sleep and stays up shaking and hyperventilating all night, unable to calm down, convinced he's about to have a heart attack
>>
>>37884013
Look into byron katie
>>
>>37880975

That's the vaguest post ever and its only purpose seems to be for you to blog that you "work in healthcare", which could mean anything, including delivering pizzas to hospitals.
>>
>>37879943
when you come off them the withdrawal effects will make you want to die
>>
>>37883948
some people just want to watch the world burn,
including me :)
>>
>>37879943
No they're not.
They ruined my life for 10 years.
2 weeks after quitting them cold turkey my life improved 1000%.
>>
>>37880128
Idk about this meme, I used SSRI for social anxiety for about 4 months(it didn't work) and I could still masturbate as usual.
>>
Big pharma using you as guinea pigs and for $$$.
>>
200mg Effexor, SNRI

Still miserable and depressed.
>>
File: neutral29.png (43KB, 344x517px) Image search: [Google]
neutral29.png
43KB, 344x517px
All this talk about loosing your sex drive and ability to climax made me wonder:

Can the SSRIs be used to deal with premature ejaculation?

Asking for a friend of course, I would never be traumatized by such a silly disfunction, h-heh, right guys
>>
>>37886253
Being vague is better than preaching why SSRIs work as intended. Why would you trust some random internet-dude? I've seen patients get saved by drugs. I have also seen consequences of drug administration errors. Everyone should do research and read up on ANY drug before using. Diagnosed or not.
"Drugs are bad, M'kay"

Also.. If I were delivering pizza to hospitals I wouldn't claim to be in healthcare. I'd say I was a pizza delivery guy

Peace
>>
>Try 5 different anti-depressants
>At best they don't work, at worst they give me terrible side-effects
>Gain fuckloads of weight
>Stop taking them
>Still miserable and want to die 3 years later

At least I can get a hardon now.
>>
>>37879943
They help for some, but for most it's just a placebo with annoying side effects.
>>
>>37887236
I doubt it, just made it more difficult to get/sustain an erection in my case.
>>
I've been on genetic Lexapro for 2ish years. Was on 20mg for a short period. Dropped it all the way down to 5mg for the past 8 months. I'm too scared to completely get off them even though they don't do shit and are probably rotting my brain.

I don't want side effects.
>>
File: 1496338202076.jpg (121KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1496338202076.jpg
121KB, 675x1200px
>tfw sertraline makes you horny af
>>
>>37879943
Amen, brother. SSRIs are beautiful, they make the world so much better.
>>
>>37879943

Gained or lost weight?
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.