[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lol the OP of the five favorite bands thread deleted it because

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: 1495562581679.jpg (92KB, 733x736px) Image search: [Google]
1495562581679.jpg
92KB, 733x736px
Lol the OP of the five favorite bands thread deleted it because everybody called him on being underaged.
>>
I was just going to tell him he needed to stop browsing /mu/ so much. Considering the average age of /mu/ is about 16, that makes sense though.

Everyone in that thread had shit taste anyway, except the Hank Williams/Sublime guy.
>>
It got deleted as I replied REEEEEEEE

>Biosphere
>Current 93
>Fishmans
>Popol Vuh
>Sun City Girls
>>
>>37878558
Stop projecting
o
>>
>>37878613
OP of the other thread still buttfrustrated
kek
>>
File: boner-11.gif (83KB, 329x327px) Image search: [Google]
boner-11.gif
83KB, 329x327px
This is now a less shitty continuation of that thread.

> Pink Floyd
> Pearl Jam
> Beck
> Queen
> MF Doom
In no particular order
>>
File: thinking.png (6KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.png
6KB, 120x120px
>>37878529
I don't want to be mean, but those threads are always so embrassing.

their favorite bands were like

>Kanye West
>Radiohead
>Iron Maiden
>Linkin Park
>The Clash
>The Beatles
>Pitbull
>Greenday

Like you have to be underaged or one of those autistic kids who didn't "get" music and only discovered alternative rock or top 40 music last year.

Like what am I supposed to think when someone's favorite band is the kind of music that they use for commercials and movie trailers or what soccer moms sing at a karaoke machine during their Christmas office party
>>
>>37878692
If you think Kanye West and the Clash are bad you probably have shit taste desu
>>
>>37878692
>only discovered alternative rock or top 40 music last year.
>>37878636

How/why is Queen one of your favorite bands.

It's the normiest alt rock band ever that everyone can enjoy and they haven't produced new music in over two decades.
>>
>>37878704
They're not bad, but you seriously have to have crawled out of a time machine or a frozen iceberg or a religious cult that lived in the woods to have some of the most popular music in the world as your favorite.

You have to have literally just discovered the concept of music and modern artists.

It's like having McDonalds as your favorite food.
>>
>>37878692
Most of those are objectively good surface level bands
>>
>>37878636
>This is now a less shitty continuation of that thread.
Agreed.

>Siouxsie and the Banshees
>Sleater-Kinney
>Garbage
>Veruca Salt
>Metric

Judge me.

I really, really like 3 out of 5 of your picks, and they're the 3 most mainstream names. Not even ashamed. Good shit.

>>37878566
I'd like to give you a rate, but I honestly don't listen to any of that.

>>37878704
I don't think he necessarily means they're bad; I think he just means that they're kind of surface-level because of how mainstream they are.
>>
5. Go Periscope
4. CAKE
3. Nigel Stanford
2. Vanic
1. Unlike Pluto

Yeah roast me whatever
>>
>>37878779
>surface level

That's my point.

They're not bad, they're good. Everyone likes at least one song or two from them.

You took the words right out of my mouth though they're very much surface level bands.

I don't mean to be a /mu/ hipster asshole but surely these people have listened to other bands or artists that aren't top-40 fluff.
>>
>>37878740
queen II is kino. if you can't appreciate that album you are a pleb, pure and simple. the rest of their albums are hit or miss with a few good songs scattered throughout.
>>
>>37878814
>I want a girl, with a mind like a diamond
>>
>>37878828
>literally "stop liking what other people like"
kys my man
>>>/mu/
>>
File: 1498099196316.jpg (35KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1498099196316.jpg
35KB, 400x600px
>>37878740
Because I grew up on it, had the best of cd in my mom's car and we would jam out to that amongst other things until I was 12-13.
Music taste isn't as objective as you make it out to be.
>>
File: carissas_wierd_4.jpg (57KB, 440x360px) Image search: [Google]
carissas_wierd_4.jpg
57KB, 440x360px
>>37878529
In no particular order.
Alkaline Trio, Mogwai, Carissa's Weird, Boards of Canada, Atlas Sound.
>>
>>37878803
Actually, no, fuck it, upon deeper refelction, Cast is the fifth one, not Metric. Metric would be #6 if
I was allowed one.
>>
>>37878828
/mu/ is literally:

>there's so much music out there, the only way to appreciate it, is to dive into indie

It's not that easy to find smaller bands that fit your taste, it's alot of trial and error
>>
>>37878837
Sure I appreciate that album, or a "best of" compilation, but like you said...

>the rest of their albums are hit or miss with a few good songs scattered throughout.

I mean that's not how I would pick one of my 5 favorite bands.

>>37878860
I literally didn't say that at all.

But it's like someone saying I LIKE COCA COLA

That's just fine, I guess.
>>
>>37878529

Interpol, Joy Divison, Nirvana, The Doors
>>
>>37878915
You haven't listened to new music since then? Nothing's captivated you?

When I was 12-13 I was into Will Smith and the Pokemon soundtrack.
>>
>>37878945
i'm not that guy, i'm just defending the relative merits of queen. there are plenty of bands that people obsess over that only released 1 or 2 albums. in fact i'd say it's the norm for even good bands to only really release one good album.
>>
>>37878966
That's only four.

four entry-level dad rock bands
>>
>>37878938
My playlist just ends up becoming a smattering of songs from many different artists. Not surprisingly, lots of indie aetists/bands only make one or two good songs imo, and it might not even be their hit song that's good. Plus it takes like one or two hours of flailing around the internet every time I need to find one more good song. It's more effort, but I suppose it's worth it.
>>
Hipster coming through

>Brother O Brother
>New Beard
>Wussy
>Brimstone Blondes
>Hello Ocho
>>
>>37879005
>interpol
dad rock
I dunno lad.
>>
>>37879005
okay fine throw in guns n roses

doors ill say are dad rock possibly nirvana too

but joy divison and interpol totally don't give that vibe
>>
>Benjamin Booker
>Lord Huron
>HOME
>Men at Work
>Kanye

Roast me boyos
>>
>>37879007
>>37878938

It's never been easier to find new music. Youtube, spotify, music blogs, itunes, soundcloud, etc.

Try being around in the 90s when you could only go by what you saw on MTV and then judging a book by its cover & buying CDs based on their cover art alone because they were in the "rap" or "rock" section or whatever one of three umbrella genres you were into.

To me it's insane that people can be like "Michael Jackson, Blink 182, Jay Z, Skrillex and Aerosmith - those are my favorite bands. These extremely mainstream artists are the only ones that satisfy my specific taste in music. I don't care much to hear what the rest of the world has to offer."
>>
>>37879094
>kanye

boom roasted. all it took was a meme arrow and an anime girl
>>
>>37879079
My mum listened to joy division.
But then it was the 80s and she was 20 so that was the whole scene then in the uk.
>>
>Tool
>Metallica
>Pearl Jam
>Alice in Chains
>Pink Floyd
>>
>>37879137
>tfw you will never be an edgy 14 year old again.
I miss the early 00s.
>>
>>37879137
entry-level dad rock
>>
>>37879134
joy divison was ahead of their time imo

their sound feels fresher/new compared to most 90s bands
>>
>>37879158
Those are all 90s, 80s and even 60s bands. You were one precocious 14 year old.
>>
>>37879110
Yeah I am complaining about finding good music, but it's never been easier. There's lots of promotional channels on youtube, charts on soundcloud and itunes, random blogs, etc. I'm just whining because I needed a lot less of time of browsing around when I had mainstream tastes.

Also music is way cheaper now and there's lots of legit free music to legally download.
>>
>>37879198
I know the bands eras I'm just saying everyone in the early 00s who wore a slipknot tee and bought kerrang magazine had said bands as their favouries.
>>
Jimi Hendrix Experience
Pink Floyd
Sublime
Steely Dan
CAKE

In no real order, I usually jump between listening to these bands and genres based on mood, right now I'm in the middle of a Steely Dan kick.
>>
>>37879253
pretty good desu imo senpai
>>
>Mudvayne
>Soundgarden
>Mushroomhead
>Pink Floyd
>Lamb of God

Sum goid shitE here m8s
>>
File: 1371189012407.jpg (57KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
1371189012407.jpg
57KB, 600x480px
Led Zeppelin
Tool
A Perfect Circle
Puscifer
Pink Floyd

Non even memeing
Maynard makes fantastic music
>>
>Sweet Trip
>Mass Of The Fermenting Dregs
>Phantogram
>Yeah Yeah Yeah's
>Swans
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.