[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did I do something wrong?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: stoplight-442x308.jpg (11KB, 442x308px) Image search: [Google]
stoplight-442x308.jpg
11KB, 442x308px
>driving
>approaching an interaction
>light turns yellow
>I stop at the light
>the light stays yellow for a few more seconds
>guy behind me is super mad, honks like crazy at me

If a cop had seen this, what would he had thought? I get nervous going when there's a yellow light, since there was a lot of traffic and I didn't want to block the lane. The guy behind me was pissed because the light was still yellow and he had to wait an entire light cycle again to go. I felt really bad about it.
>>
why do you hold unto this? kust ignore that fucker. keep on living my man. kiss kiss
>>
My personal rule is to keep going if the lights not yellow by the time I reach the turning lane but I don't see any fault in what you did.
>>
If you are fully stopped in front of a yellow light you are doing something wrong, yes.
>>
>>37875427
no, that's exactly what you're supposed to do. other guy was a dick
>>
>>37875467

For some reason, these kinds of driving interactions stick with me for a long time. I know it sounds silly, but when a guy angrily honks at me, or something else, I feel this strange intense feeling of guilt and shame.

>>37875481

That sounds right, but since there was a lot of traffic I was worried that I would end up blocking the intersection. It's hard to tell if the lane ahead will be clear by the time you get there.

Either way I guess it's not a big deal, but I suck at these kinds of situations. The guy held his horn for like 10 seconds, then when the light was green again he immediately honked it again, then tailgated me for a minute. I just wonder what a cop would have thought: was the honking justified because I was driving too cautiously?
>>
Yellow lights are merely a suggestion that the light is about to change. Most yellows are not timed long enough, I recall that in some code the duration was to be three seconds on yellow.

The yellow is a warning to those travelling at full speed who have not entered the traffic control device installation, that they will not arrive before the light is red.

If you are in the device, beyond where the paint changes as you enter the installation, and the light turns yellow on you, in 99% of situations it is your job to clear your automobile from the device and you should proceed as if green.

There is another nearly 5 seconds after the light goes red before counter traffic is given their green.

Under heavy traffic all of this time must be used, particularly with left hand turn lanes.

When law loving cucks stop short to be self righteous about not being caught under you are impeding people who know what they are doing.

If you are moving in an intersection and it goes red, complete your action if it is clear to do so. Stopping where you should not even be braking is dangerous.
>>
I hate impatient drivers who automatically assume there's no good reason for anyone's irregular road behavior.

Pieces of shit. What the fuck do they know what's going on in the space of oh 20 cubic feet or so in front of the car in front of them? Or whatever the fuck may happen to cause a driver to do something unexpected yet out of good judgement? It could be anything.

To them, the driver must absolutely be a moron! That's all there is to it! And then they zoom off with that idea, never to be corrected.

I'm not referring to OP.
>>
Yellow means stop unless it's not safe to do so, so don't worry about it OP.

Driving can turn even mild mannered people into raging arseholes.
>>
File: FUCK.jpg (58KB, 575x523px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.jpg
58KB, 575x523px
DAILY REMINDER IF YOU CAN DRIVE YOU ARE NOT A ROBOT
YOU NEED TO FUCKING LEAVE, REAL ROBOTS CANT GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WITHOUT HAVING A PANIC ATTACK

GET THE FUCK OUT NORMIE SCUM
>>
>>37876654
>Yellow means stop

Technically no, yellow means "the light will turn red in a few seconds". Often the safest course of action is to keep going
>>
File: 1497794756106.png (494KB, 1539x657px) Image search: [Google]
1497794756106.png
494KB, 1539x657px
Been driving for a long time and the only times where I've ever almost gotten into an accident are when the driver in front of me slams on the breaks when the yellow lights come on. Fuck you all who do that
>>
File: pepe IRL.png (205KB, 622x625px) Image search: [Google]
pepe IRL.png
205KB, 622x625px
>>37876769

I know that feel. I will never be able to drive because of my anxiety

>tfw almost 24, no license
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.