[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you have dreams >tfw you put zero effort into attaining

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: be cool.jpg (193KB, 540x538px) Image search: [Google]
be cool.jpg
193KB, 540x538px
>tfw you have dreams
>tfw you put zero effort into attaining those dreams

What the fuck is wrong with me
>>
>>37874536
Hey that's me. It's the detachement.
>>
>>37874536
there are obvious things that you're not admitting to us.

your obstacles, doubts, and what your dreams actually are.

this world is hostile to you
>>
>>37874563
The detachment from your own life?
>>
>>37874608

Obstacles only exist if you actually put effort in. Without effort, there was never any obstacles in the first place.
>>
>>37874611
From my own self basically.
>>
File: 1495052761424.jpg (33KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1495052761424.jpg
33KB, 640x640px
>tfw you have no dreams

>>37874611
when you put it like that, i feel like this is the reason
>>
>>37874698

What are you detaching from your own self?

Why do you identify with this not-self than your own self?
>>
>>37875272
What do you put effort into then?
>>
File: 1488841982089.jpg (1MB, 1920x1258px) Image search: [Google]
1488841982089.jpg
1MB, 1920x1258px
Why can we so easily imagine these things we'll never accomplish or experience?
>>
>>37875659
nothing. i don't do that much anyway so there's nothing that i even could put effort into if i wanted to. i play video games even though i don't enjoy them anymore basically because i'm so used to playing them and can't think of anything else, it feels normal, other than that, i might watch tv which requires literally 0 effort other than maybe like keeping your head trained on the tv, but without arguing semantics, there's nothing.
>>
The last two years of my life, chronologically:

>enroll into college
>breddy gud tier STEM
>stop working out
>start smoking weed
>start staying up late (like 4 am) to play vidya
>10/10 grill from college hitting on me
>ignore that as I can't possibly believe someone like that would be interested in me
>barely finish first year
>second year
>stop going to college altogether
>didn't tell it to my parents so I can stay away from home to play vidya unfettered
>parentbux still flowing to fuel my weed binges
>been doing nothing but playing vidya and staying up ridiculously late doing just that

why did I ruin my life?
>>
File: 1486174434830.jpg (39KB, 711x620px) Image search: [Google]
1486174434830.jpg
39KB, 711x620px
>>37874536
>tfw used to have a dream of falling in love and having a soul mate for life
>tfw the dream has died and you finally realize it's not possible
>tfw you stop trying and sink into the pit of depression
>>
>>37876585

Sounds like you're living the dream, bruh
>>
File: Perfect GF.png (111KB, 1224x321px) Image search: [Google]
Perfect GF.png
111KB, 1224x321px
>>37876685

>tfw you keep having literal dreams of that girl
>>
>>37874536
I've put so little effort for so long that I can barely remember what mine were.
>>
I have no dreams. Closest thing is getting to Gold in league of legends.

Today my psychiatrist wished me luck on league. I'm 27 years old. I'm so pathetic.
>>
>>37877584

Hey, at least someone is encouraging you
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>37874536
oh absolutely, that was me for like 10 years.

Part of it is that we're raised by pop culture that never shows how much effort is put into becoming someone. Hard work and studies are boring so those are usually cut down into a neat little montage or left out altogether.

Another part is why so many of us go the extra step and become NEETs. Humans prefer a familiar suffering over the fear of the unknown.

I guess also depending on your upbringing you were either told that you couldn't be the thing you wanted to be OR you were told that you could be anything you wanted to be but again no one told you about all the soul-crushing effort and repeated failure that goes into.

Becoming someone, learning something, it fucking sucks. It's never fun or easy, it's difficult and frustrating and somehow also boring all at once.

You just have to want it, really want it.

That burning desire overcomes that boring struggle of working hard and studying diligently and sacrificing temporary pleasure & distractions so that you can enjoy your life a few years from now.

I hope you find your path as I've found mine OP.
>>
>>37878328
>He's motivated

Get out of here, Chad
>>
>>37878562
Not everyone here is a piss-bottling NEET
>>
>>37874536
I have impossible dreams I put no effort into. It's all ogre.
>>
I have no dreams nor desires.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.