[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Psychological Support Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: don't panic copyright.png (26KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
don't panic copyright.png
26KB, 600x800px
Second Day in a Row Edition

1. Chat to regulars with mental illnesses
2. Take a name to make it easier to communicate over time
3. Ask for help, receive it, offer it
4. Someone else make the thread next time
>>
Medman: I read the texts. Interesting. I do think that it demonstrates that you need to pull back. In essence, you need to give her the space to move forward. If you're all momentum then she has no reason to make that first move. You need to give her the space and the incentive to take the initiative. The way to do that is with some silence. I'm not talking about ghosting her: just don't initiate. If she doesn't respond, then wait. After a week or so you could send a brief text. I expect that she will send you a message before that, though.

When you do converse, ask her open questions - those being questions that may not be answered with a simple yes/ no. Get her to speak more and thus to take control of the conversation. Give her the trust and the responsibility to carry it.
>>
How's it going, Facet? I'm just wondering what I'll do with myself for the next few hours of involuntary wakefulness. I can't masturbate through all of them.

Or can I?
>>
File: Daily Atlas Bullying Image.jpg (72KB, 600x385px) Image search: [Google]
Daily Atlas Bullying Image.jpg
72KB, 600x385px
>>37871682
Not bad thanks. Youshould buy Tekken. And now for my daily insult:

Hey Atlas! Your arteries are so clogged, if you slit your wrist it would be like cutting into a tube of toothpaste.
>>
Here for a bit.
>>
Anyone ever took antidepressants before, I'm worried they will have some unwanted side effects that would outweight the benefits. I have been dealing with some mild depression for about 3 years now, and are just now searching for a solution since it hasn't been a hindrance up until now where I have lost some serious motivation to keep going, and I have been having trouble sleeping every night where when I eventually do get to sleep I actually oversleep every single night, and the resulting overall lower levels of energy.
>>
>>37871902
>they will have some unwanted side effects that would outweight the benefits.

Sounds about right.

Physical exercise. It'll be good for your brain and it will make you tired. Pick something you enjoy. Swimming could help a bunch.
>>
breaking up soon. every second she's gone it feels like shes fucking other guys and i hate it.

she usually only wants to be with me around bedtime and spends most of the day with friends. when she went to play with them i asked how long and she was like "7-8hrs" and it killed me that i wasnt welcome there at all. she msg me like 2 hrs later but i was asleep :/

i dont want to tell her how i feel and open up a can of worms about how possessive and clingy i am because of my depression/anxiety etc.
>>
My grammy`s funeral is tomorrow and I can`t go because my piece of shit father will be there and I`ll literally gut this motherfucker with a spoon if I see him.
Life is very confusing.
>>
>>37871930
Thanks, have actually been thinking of buying a treadmill recently; should be a good investement then.
>>
>>37871952
>a can of worms about how possessive and clingy i

When your partner spends 8 hours with "friends" and you're not welcome, and some of the friends are males, you aren't clingy to ask about what the fuck is going on.

Sounds dodgy as fuck.

Just don't ask her with a high-pitched whiny voice.
>>
>>37871959

Just run outside. It's free, and it's nicer.
>>
>>37871993
i dont feel like working things out, probably just gonna leave without saying anything as usual
>>
>>37872064

It's only going to get worse, if it hasn't already. Dodging issues does two things: it doesn't solve anything, and it makes things worse.

It'll bite you in the ass sooner or later.

Also remember that a woman needs a man to be able to handle issues. If you just run away and don't handle her shit, she might lose interest, which she seems to have done already.

She spends 8 hours a day away from you? With "friends"?
>>
>>37871485
I was really considering making the thread earlier but decided I'd just wait

Thank you for the read and time. I do know that I've been going all out autismo with her recently and have been a bit overwhelming. You're right, I really do need to pull back. However I find it difficult to not act so clingy even when I am aware of my clingyness. I think part of it is a self esteem thing and constantly seeking validation from not only her but others in general. I'll do my best to distract myself from her and give her chances to take initiative. Your thought out advice is well received.

>>37871682
Accidentally dozed off on you yesterday. Your post before it happened
>Well, it all sounds fine to me... Is there a specific worry you have? I really don't know what kind of response you want. Relationships are not something I'm greatly preoccupied with, so I won't be much help in this arena. What I would do for pretty much any serious relationship is advance a policy of openness and sensitivity to the way your personality interact and mutually affect each other. If her unwillingness to initiate conversations makes you feel unwanted and isn't itself caused by some behavior of yours, just make that clear and then it's up to her to decide whether or not it's worth rectifying.

>Is there a spesific worry you have?
Yes. That my very intense feelings and investment isn't requited.

>policy of openness and sensitivity
I like this. I'll bring it up.

Thank you meta for reading and responding
>>
Hope this is relevant - hoping someone can help me out. Every time I get into a relationship I get a random feeling of disgust after a while, usually a few months. Despite half my brain screaming at me to do otherwise, I can't help but ignore them for months and then eventually I'll message them and they will have moved on. And then I will feel full of rage/depression that they were able to forget about me. What the fuck is wrong with me? I don't think I have attachment disorder
>>
>>37872138
sorry should provide some kind of ID
>>
>>37871958
Just go and ignore him. If him being there is a enough to make you not go just zen him out of your life. He can't make you do anything and if he tries to talk to you and you can't handle it just walk out but at least you went somewhere you wanted to go.
>>
>>37872123
The reason I shared the texts is too get feedback if her response for lacking initiative was legitimate. You helped clear that up for me Facet
>>
Just found an unexpected surprise in my YouTube watch history. You know those bizarre videos aimed at children with recognizable characters like Elsa and Spiderman that have inexplicably many views? I've just found a nice stash of them in my previously watched videos and I know that I was not clicking those. Accidentally hitting autoplay is one possibility, but the last video before them is totally unrelated. Very strange.
>>
>>37872196

Might solve the mystery: hacked accounts automatically register views on those videos.
>>
>>37872236
That's charming.
>>
>>37872095

in my mind i'm pretty sure every girl is fucking around and its how close i can be with someone before it starts affecting me

tbf she wanted to add me an hr later that time but she has been in long calls with guy friends before too. i don't really care enough to play detective. she's staying out late tonight but she changes plans often it seems

she was naked in bed with me all last night so i doubt she lost interest, although that doesn't matter if i want to leave. im too pathetic to handle any of it and i dont care how she thinks of me when im gone
>>
>>37872236
Do you have a source for that? An article or something?
>>
>>37871316
Been watching Ali G and here are some gems I think you'll enjoy watching/ re-watching

>considering your experience as an author
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2GuzBkmVp2k

>youth of Asia
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YjR8ljTSjM8

>examples of words
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fOIM1_xOSro
>>
>>37872298
>in my mind i'm pretty sure every girl is fucking around

You need to solve that problem of yours, then, because if you don't, you'll repeat the same cycle over and over, and it may even lead girls to actually do what you fear.

It often goes that way: what you fear materialises because of your biased behaviour according to that fear. The jealous husband literally makes his wife want to be loved by a secure man.
>>
>>37872353

I'm just suggesting an idea based on what you said.

Source is me.
>>
>>37872385
Messed up the posts. Meant to give you a (You) >>37871485

Still watching him, funny stuff
>>
>psychiatrist: Good luck on league of legends

He says this beacuse it's all I do all day long. And I still suck at it. Literally bronze.
>>
>>37872415
Oh, well I see nothing out of the ordinary other than those videos (there are like 30 of them in a row). Maybe I should find this a bit more alarming, but it's just kind of funny right now.
>>
>>37872516
>(there are like 30 of them in a row).

So who clicked them?
>>
>>37872536
metapsych did. he's just covering his ass in case you find out
>>
>>37872407
that's why i never show my jealousy

i've caught girls cheating before fwiw

i don't really fear it or care but i care about getting to close to them before it happens. i can usually just think of them like a sex toy for awhile but eventually i start opening up to them because of my social isolation and loneliness

>>37872476
i have some diamond accounts lying around if ur INTerested :P i end up boosting most of my e-gfs on alts :/
>>
>>37872566

I see.

>>37872577
>that's why i never show my jealousy

Expressing jealousy is very different from acting on it. If you say, "I feel jealous of you doing this and that," but do so calmly, there's no reason for an argument; in fact, a normal person will feel valued if you are jealous about them.

No jealousy means no love.

> i can usually just think of them like a sex toy for awhile but eventually i start opening up to them because of my social isolation and loneliness

You've got issues. What do you get involved with women in whom you only see sex toys?
>>
Alright, back now. Was bullying a trap on Tekken.

>>37872453
Here's your (You) in return. I would, but my gf hates him unfortunately. Plus I want to watch her playing Tekken terribly.

>>37872123
All I can tell you is that by and large, desperation puts people off. You have to just give up to a certain extent. I'm sure Nick will come back with something fluffy here, but the best approach is to let them know that you want them but you don't care about them. That can change as appropriate once you're settled in.

>>37871959
Whatever you do, don't buy a shit one. I love the one down the gym but my brother has one in his home and it's just not very good. It's the weight as much as anything I think. Flimsy little thing.

>>37872196
Been reading about these lately. Very sinister. I suspect the worst.
>>
>>37872536
>>37872566
Autoplay is the only explanation that's plausible to me, but the video I watched before that was about meditation. I sleep with my phone right next to my head, so I could have easily moved in my sleep and clicked something.

I own all my viewing habits, no matter how unorthodox. This is not one of them.
>>
Apes deal with stress in many ways; one of them is to lash out on a weaker ape. A grown ape gets rejected by a female, he runs to a much younger ape and beats the shit out of him. The bigger ape feels better. The younger ape can also take it out on a yet younger one, and so on.

I believe humans do this psychologically quite a lot, and I realise I've virtually never done that because it does nothing for me.

But I think I'm the target of this kind of mental aggression.

People who seek to hurt you solely to feel better. I can never wrap my mind around it. The better the person, the more they dish it out.
>>
>>37872657
exactly. i try to avoid falling in love

uhhh... sex? and cuddling? someone to talk to and play games with? why wouldn't i want to get involved with that...

the idea of being in love is nice, but in practice every experience has ended poorly for me. i think i'd like a family someday but i doubt it will ever happen for me
>>
>>37872781

I meant why, not what.
>>
>>37872817
cause i have no one and i'm lonely and i enjoy the things they can give me
>>
Student cried in my arms today. Last time we saw each other, after 5 years.
>>
File: 523727257245724.jpg (1000KB, 1913x2319px) Image search: [Google]
523727257245724.jpg
1000KB, 1913x2319px
>>37872901
piiiiiiiiiiiiiiic related. do i really need to spell it out?
>>
>>37872917

They can lend you stockings and shoes? Buy your own.
>>
Been a long time since i was here, how are things foing?
>>
>>37872981
fuck that on the left theres a chair that looks like the mouth of a dino and its comfy af and now im actually wondering if i can get it before we break up :o
>>
>>37873034
also those stockings got torn up >.<
>>
>>37873026
I remember seeing your name, but no further information about you. Sorry.
>>
>>37873026
Hi Mac, what's up?
>>
>>37873336
Guess habbits stay the same for me on the internet like in real life, i dont make myself noticed at all
>>
>>37873501
Its been a rough time, but it helped me change i think. Fights, a lot of drugs, and lost a lot of fake friends. I see you are the mod-man now, did these threads kinda dissapeared or become less frequent?
>>
>>37873645
Back now. Anyway, I'm not really mod any more than anyone else is. I started the thread because it became apparent that one one else would. If no one does though, I will. I'll keep it rolling each day, if only so I can keep insulting Atlas.
>>
i think i'm addicted to discord.
i just can't help loving the attention qt boys give me.
>>
>>37874187
Perhaps this (You) will tide you over, you attention-seeking homosexual
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.