[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General chatting thread, these happen during the day?! edition.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: normie_advice.jpg (96KB, 1006x768px) Image search: [Google]
normie_advice.jpg
96KB, 1006x768px
General chatting thread, these happen during the day?! edition.

Hey /r9k/, resident normie here. If you need some advice, have any questions, or just want to vent for a bit and get stuff off your chest, here's the thread to do it. I will attempt to answer every post as sincerely as possible(:

>inb4 normie off my board reeeeeee
>inb4 OP can't inb4
>inb4 what are your credentials for being a normie
>>
>>37864726
Normie, off my board reeeeeee.
OP can't inb4.
What are your credentials for being a normie.
>>
>>37864726
how do i find a neet/fembot/shutin grills
>>
>>37864726
Why do normies are good at compartmentalization? Most of us don't know how to allow the right time to the right things. All my normies acquaintances never lose too much time on an activity, they play video games two hours, they go to the gym for one hour, they work for school three hours... and it's not even an effort for them. I would very much feel light minded like them.
>>
>>37864742
Wow, it's the trifecta!

>>37864774
I have absolutely no idea - thing with neet girls is that they're so shut in that it's very difficult to find them, and they usually come with their own bucket of problems. I do prefer the people I date to have imperfect lives so that I can truly relate to them, but that's perhaps a bit too much. I'm sorry I wasn't of much help, anon, but keep in mind that perhaps you're romanticizing the idea of neet girls a bit too much, and perhaps it's not as glamorous as it seems.
>>
>>37864894
You're probably not wrong about over romanticizing them. But normie girls are boring and MPD girls are whores.
>>
>>37864856
The thing with being a normie is that they very actively know that they don't have infinite hours - they spend days going from place to place doing various things and only have a limited amount of free time left. I don't know if you've noticed, but after you get a routine 9-5 job, you get a lot less free time but you start to cherish it a lot more - doing something on the weekend after a week of work will mean a lot more than doing something on the weekend when it's just an extension of your week. Thus you learn to ration your time a lot better.

The other thing is that while robots don't necessarily have all that many responsibilities or social obligations, normies are swarming with them - I'm a lot less "free" to do stuff like sit at my computer all day and not talk to anyone, because I have to come out at some point and say hi to people, and do more stuff. That practice and a bigger reliance on a routine, which reinforces your habits and makes it easier to continue doing stuff like the gym, makes compartmentalization a much easier activity for a normie.
>>
>>37864930
How makes you say they're boring? The reason I ask is because I suspect that you may be painting all "normie" women with the same brush and dismissing them all.
>>
>>37864726
How do I open up to guy I like about my life? He is only one irl who can help me, but I am scared if I open up he will run away. I know it is just my brain but I can't risk losing only person I have. How do I go about this? Or should I just keep it all to myself? Pretending to be normal around him is getting harder.
>>
>>37865054
How well do you know this person? This is important since the answer can range from "he clearly cares about you so just sit down with him, say that you've been having some issues and just tell him what's been on your mind" to "perhaps you should actually meet this person first and then after you get to know them, talk to them about it".
>>
>>37865024
they envoke almost no passion or interest, they have very few interests of their own besides listening to music. The typical girl and person does 4 things, sleep, work, partying and concerts. That is most normies entire lives wrapped up into something so simple. If you think that's a narrow view that how it is, at least where I live. If you think i'm wrong, fine, put concerts in with the partying and tag on something else to the 4th slot.
>>
>>37865100
We have been friends for a few years now. I met him through an old friend I had who I am not anymore. He has opened up to me and is a very good person. I know he would care, but I don't know. I am just so scared.
>>
>>37865100
What could I do to approach my college crush?
We often look each other and she always sits in front of me on another table in the library even if we only talked briefly a few months ago.
>>
>>37865219
I'm not him btw.
>>
>>37865150
I think that you are perhaps just using the "normie" tag a bit too liberally. I know the sort of girl you're talking about, and, frankly, they're not exactly my type either, but there are more shades of girls than that. This one girl I'm currently "seeing" does indeed like music, drinking and going out to clubs, but she also enjoys programming, gaming, Star Trek (making her nerdier than me) and a slew of other interesting things. One of my exes knew a ton about human chemistry and pharmacology, and while that's a topic I only had a passing interest in, mostly how depression and other disorders affect the brain, being around her made me want to find out more about her world, and she would ask me about mine and try to find out more about it. There are more girls that the ones you're thinking of, and I really don't think that "being neet" is the identifier you want a girl to have. I like girls who play video games, but I don't go after "gamer gurls" because after a few bad dates, I realised that if you identify yourself as that, that becomes your whole world and your entire perspective changes. You just need to look a little deeper in "regular" girls.
>>
What do you think I should I do to get someone I talk to to start conversations
I like talking to them a lot, and I think he does too but I never know how to start a conversation well so it's always "Hey what are you up to" "Nothing" "Cool me too"
But whenever I dont message him I just have to kind of wait around and nothing ever happens.
I guess at the least what can I do to start them off better?
>>
>>37865187
If he's a good person and he's opened up to you, you really should open up to him because he will definitely listen to you, care about what you have to say and will try to help you as much as he can. Besides, if he's opened up to you, then perhaps opening up to him will make him feel less like he's made himself vulnerable to you and more like you've gotten to know each other a lot closer.
>>
>>37865219
You can come up and say "Hey, I've seen you around a ton but I've never actually caught your name" and then ask her about her course and just get chatting. Add her on Facebook, ask her out to some social thing at some point, or just get straight to the point and ask if you want to go for drinks together. By that point, you should have gauged if she's interested in you or not (i.e. if you've gotten this far, then she probably is) so just do yo thang and have a regular date. Obviously you don't have to follow this advice to the letter - this is just a rough guide on what I would do in your situation.
>>
>>37865297
You're not wrong, my tags may seem stringent, and I'm aware there are some decent girls added in. But I'm so fucked up from the shit I've lived through that doing something as simple as going to the grocery store is "normie shit". While I can do it, I can "fake it till I make it" having to hide and pretend I'm normal is exhausting, brings me no joy and still leaves me empty.. Maybe these feelings are from depression and will change after I start medication. But being able to connect to some one as messed up as me in a similar way(which is extremely rare) has and easily brings some level of joy and happiness to my life...

So while I use the term neet girl, i'm referring to a girl who is a neet i guess.... when I use the term gamer girl I'm referring to a girl who plays vidya and isn't an attention whore.
>>
>>37865332
Listen, I don't mean to be mean, but what makes you think that he wants to talk to you? I feel like your way of starting a conversation is just fine, it's his replies that are too short and don't ask any questions back, so you don't exactly have much to work with. Like, maybe I'm wrong, maybe he's a shy guy who doesn't really do well with conversation, you know your situation better than I do, but those are my thoughts based on what you wrote.
>>
>>37865417
What meds are you starting? From my own experience, antidepressants don't automatically solve your issues, but they make dealing with them significantly easier. I'd recommend waiting until a bit after you start medication (a week or so) to reassess your situation and what you want out of life, because depression can really heavily tint your mind and make you incredibly lethargic. Honestly, at this point, you need to try and deal with your mental issues, since that's a priority, before trying to find someone for yourself. Besides, if you do attempt to deal with the depression first, then meeting girls and stuff will become a lot easier as well.
>>
>>37865431
Thats... a punch in the gut. I always assumed that he was just the kind pf guy that didn't lead conversations but now I'm nervous, Thanks though atleast. I dunno maybe I'll just mention something, or is that weird?
>>
>>37865516
I'm sorry man. If you've been the one to initiate conversations in the past, then perhaps leave him be for a while and if he doesn't attempt to start anything, maybe that's a sign to move on. I personally wouldn't ask because people can get very awkward, and it can both make you seem needy and make him defensive and not give you a true answer.
>>
>>37865334
I never thought of it that way before. Thanks a lot normie anon.
>>
>>37865558
Happy to help, anon. I'd wish you luck, but I'm fairly certain you don't really need it(:
>>
>>37865498
>What meds are you starting?
Not sure yet, maybe prozac. My main focus isn't on finding a new relationship, it's on self improvement right now. But if I do come across some one then of course I'd look into them, pretty curious by nature.

The most hope I have for medication however is allowing me to focus on my work more. being able to enjoy things(anything) would be a plus. and finding a girlfriend isn't a problem, it's finding a girl that I like that also likes me.

Even if I didn't have depression, I do like codependency.
>>
>>37865557
Yeah alright. That's depressing, I would have thought he'd have said something if he didn't like me, but thank you.
>>
File: gf.jpg (700KB, 4320x5760px) Image search: [Google]
gf.jpg
700KB, 4320x5760px
>>37865584
That's fair enough, I have the same thing, when it's not that I can't find anyone, it's that I feel like I can't find the right person. I was on Sertraline (Zoloft) and it sounds like you're on the right track. Listen, I'm a nerd who loves his drugs and video games, but my best ever relationship was with this girl who was very different to me in terms of interests, but we just "clicked" in other ways like past experiences, goals and so on. The thing with antidepressants is that it makes things a lot more "alright", and things that would bother you normally no longer seem like an issue on meds. This applies to myself as well as you, but I think at this point the problem isn't the girls, it's us - we can't seem to be happy with girls and try to say "Oh, it's cause I haven't found THAT person", but I think it's just our own minds fucking us over, and meds help a lot with that. I was a lot happier with relationships on meds than I was without them.
>>
>>37865606
Hey, some people are like that, I'm sorry but if that's the case, you just need to move on and forget about him.
>>
>>37865584
>>37865673
Soz, picture was included to show that we didn't have all that much in common, but we ended up meeting up, getting close and dating for half a year before she had to move away.
>>
>>37865673
Makes sense, and it was a concept I have though about. I know that I'll never be cut out for a normal relationship though. Thanks for the chat and advice anon.
>>
>>37865738
You might be surprised, anon. Good luck, hope the meds go well(:
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.