[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on 2pack? Degenerate nig nog or poet/activist?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3

File: pac.jpg (235KB, 660x442px) Image search: [Google]
pac.jpg
235KB, 660x442px
What are your thoughts on 2pack? Degenerate nig nog or poet/activist?
>>
Check the colour of his skin and you'll have your answer.
>>
>Degenerate nig nog
Stop this meme, stop being racist.

>poet/activist?
Yes, one of the best desu.
>>
Nigga was fake, gay and privileged.

Why niggas think of him as a god puzzles me.

And he was no better than any other "rapper poet" out there.
>>
>>37861959
He glorified gang violence, fostered racial discord and got shot. Therefore, he dindu nuthin.
>>
Why did he have to assault that Crip in Las Vegas? That led to him getting shot.

Suge Knight is so full of shit, he doesn't have any shrapnel in his head like he claims.
>>
>>37861959
>Nigga was fake, gay and privileged
why? cause he got rich? he still knew and grew up in the strees

>And he was no better than any other "rapper poet" out there.
again, why? during that time nwa, warren g, rakim, big l etc were popular

but no one spit the truth about life like pac did, and he respected people, also his raps was easy to follow and understand

only biggie got close to his level
>>
>>37861909
I have 0 opinion on him as a person, in fact I know nothing of his personal life past that he was allegedly killed. As a musician, he's extremely overrated as far as the tracks I've listened to.
>>
>>37861909
He's very good, but not at all the best.
>>
>>37862027
Tupac was a beast in the studio. He wrote and recorded California love in like two nights hours
>>
>>37861909
Heavily glorified gang violence that led to endless deaths, including his own.

Complete degenerate.
>>
>>37862000
>Why did he have to assault that Crip in Las Vegas? That led to him getting shot.

Yeah its sad that he allowed himself to be taken out by such trash. A lot of people have all these conspiracies and shit about how he died, but when you look into it its really simple, he died trying to be a gangbanger and fucked with the wrong guy. Allegedly the guy who shot him already had a few kills to his name.
>>
>>37862045
>>37862027
stupid people

he was probably the first rapper diisin (((them))) so openly

got killed after releasing the don killuminati: the 7 day theory
>>
Nigga went to private school and was rich and famous, had a old white man mentor helping him and his family but he was still in a gang?

Gangs are for teenagers with something to prove and people in prison looking for protection.

And what's with the slut shaming? A girl wants to make money, be indepent, get laid and he shames her? If a man did those things he would be praised.
>>
>>37862068
He got what he deserved.

>>37862083
Imagine that your objective is to disrupt a waiting room. You decide that the best way to do this is to bring in a baby. The baby starts crying, and suddenly no one can concentrate. Everyone starts to hate the baby, but they can't say anything because that's just what babies do. The crying sets off the other babies and suddenly they're all crying and shitting themselves. You've succeeded in your goal. Do you blame the baby for crying at you? After all, it's doing exactly what you wanted it to. It can't hurt you. It's just noise. What's more, you're still the one holding it. If you really wanted to, you could just remove it from the waiting room.
>>
>>37861909
He was the original blackbot

youtube.com/watch?v=PahNiJHCMs8

Proof that women create niggers
>>
>>37861990
>He glorified gang violence
Do you actually listen to pac? His music didn't really glorify gangbanging. In fact, I'd argue quite contrary. You're pretty low iq if you don't notice the beautiful juxtaposition between the thug persona and the constant death paronoia expressed in his music. There's a grander narrative to his music that you won't appreciate if you think he was lil b tier. Take a moment and actually enjoy the dudes rhyme scheme, alliteration, flow and other elements of poetry. Once you appreciate that start delving into the actual contact. When you see all these individual components come together harmoniously, you understand how artistic the dude was.

>>37862123
>Gangs are for teenagers with something to prove and people in prison looking for protection
>I get my 2-bit pre-packaged opinions from /pol/
>>
>>37862355
>contact
content, I meant to say
>>
>>37862022
lol what, Biggie is so much better then pac, I will never understand people that 2pac is the superior rapper...
>>
Tupac kill a six year old boy and his music sucks. Kendrick, a modern rapper who's goal is to "carry Tupac's legacy" is unironically a better Tupac than Tupac was. For every socially aware song he had, he had five more songs of filler bullshit.
>>
>>37862394
Source on him killing a child? Never heard of that before.

Biggie is amazing, 2pac is good/alright, Kendrick Lamar is absolute shit and people who praise him must have faulty hearing.
>>
>>37862412
http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/PAGE-ONE-Marin-City-Haunted-By-Boy-s-Shooting-3021515.php
>>
>>37862432
looks like a virus lol
>>
File: 1497849418931.jpg (29KB, 598x596px) Image search: [Google]
1497849418931.jpg
29KB, 598x596px
>>37861909
People on here screaming he glorified gang violence, if you actually listen to the lyrics in his songs about 80% is literally him talking about being raised in poverty and trying to survive in his surroundings or what the life consisted of. But this is the part what I dont get and will never understand... He was in a good school and did choreography so why in the hell was he trying to be a thug dindu nuffin if he was actually raised a good life.

This is coming from someone who almost never listens to rap but I watched a lot of documentaries about him.
>>
>>37862474
that is a nice image... may I steal it little boy? HAHA, now I shall pee all over my walls with my tiny penis that fucking goes mental every time I piss... ahhh.
>>
>>37862474
>no dad
>crackhead mom

Gangs provide family and acceptance.
>>
>>37862503
Take your meds buddy
>>
>>37862474
He was also an aggresive guy who had anger issues. Gangs could have appealed to his Tyrone side.
>>
>>37862474
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1-cMd50Ha0E

Simple, he had a fascination with gang life.
>>
>>37862539
That actually makes sense..
Reminds me of that one Key and Peele episode.
>>
>>37862526
what meds? don't be mean to me please :(

pppppppppeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>37862541
It all makes sense now

Original commenting
>>
>>37861909

I hate rap

>inb4 you just need to listen to the good stuff

i have and it still sucks, so degenerate nignog it is.
>>
>>37862701
try earl sweatshirt you little idiot
>>
>>37862726
no thanks, bro. i've tried enough. you can keep your rap music, i don't want it.
>>
>>37862726
Earl is a great artist, but is a little overrated. He still has same flat mono tone flow with low fi beat. Needs to expand style. You can be "lyrical" and still get boring.
>>
>>37862474
>But this is the part what I dont get and will never understand... He was in a good school and did choreography so why in the hell was he trying to be a thug dindu nuffin if he was actually raised a good life.

People were constantly trying him and he wasn't the type to back down. Also he signed to death row which was heavily gang affiliated and had lots of beefs, this made a terrible combination and led to his death. The only reason he fought the guy who eventually shot him was because he jumped and robbed one of his friends on the label a little while back.

Listen closely to his lyrics and you can see hes not talking about killing indiscriminately, but rather just taking out people who are coming after him, its really just extremely violent self defense rap.
>>
>>37862760
He's a robot, of course he going to be monotone and lo-fi. He's not about to get kanye flamboyant or Kendrick hyped up. He raps exactly how I'd expect a robot to rap.
>>
>>37861909
>Be born in a semi decent family. Mom was a black panther.
>Go to a great school in a great city. Get to fag out and listen to Whuthering Heights and dance to ballet.
>Suddenly move to new city, straight up ghetto.
>Mom getting addicted to crack again.
>School is shit, dad gone, life is shit.
>See crackslangers drive in beautiful cars.
>Start dealing to fight poverty
>To small and skinny. Get robbed by other crackdealers.
>Cant find GF to fuck because to skinny, pussy and poor.
>Mad at the world, start writing and singing about all the shit going on. Like a documentary I want to depict the street life and make America aware.
>Politicians think my brutal depiction is not proper for music, Police heard my record and beat me for jaywalking.
>Rap even more about the horrible state of affairs and get famous.
>Suddenly gold diggers everywhere.
>Rap about bitches being bitches. (do disrespect to my mom and other strong females tho, check my other 15 songs about females)
>Female rights activists don't like my depiction of ghetto whores flocking to crackdealers sweet ass rims.
>Everyone hates me. Get sued by everyone.
>>
>Suddenly can't keep woman off my wallet and fame.
>One comes to room and stays the night
>Cries rape afterwards
>Go to Jail.
>Madonna promises to visit, doesn't show up. (still got an extra shower that day)
>Fame starts going to me head.
>Meanwhile everyone hates me whenever I try to paint a picture of the world I see.
>Go to jail non stop
>Pay lawsuits non stop.
>Come straight from hospital after getting shot 5 times to the court house.
>Say fuck it, and start rapping like a gangsta,
>Don't care about my original goal, let the fucking world crumble.
>Its all about me now.
>S Knight stroking my gangsta-rapping ego because he wants to cash in.
>Turn into a mad, bitter twat and accidentally make hardcore gangsta rap bigger than ever.
>Become an icon of what I was once fighting. What irony.
>Any short moment im not in jail or in hospital, im spending in the studio.
>Get carried away and asswhoop some crib.
>Get shot later that night.

>Look down from heaven and see everyone humping the lyrics I've left behind.
>See hardcore gangsta rap become even more famous.
>I've suffered trying to do something good and failed. I've made things when I just wanted people to fuck off.
>Slap face.
>>
>>37862123
>Nigga went to private school and was rich and famous, had a old white man mentor helping him and his family but he was still in a gang?
This just proves that you never even listened to him. Rappers like Dre are fake street rappers, not Tupac.

>And what's with the slut shaming? A girl wants to make money, be indepent, get laid and he shames her? If a man did those things he would be praised.
You talking about Wonda Why They Call U Bitch? That song is the truth though. Everyone who acts like that should be looked down on.

You leave your kids with your mama
Cause your headin for the club
In a skintight miniskirt, lookin for some love
Got them legs wide open while you're sittin at the bar
Talkin to some nigga bout his car
I guess he said he had a Lexus, what's next?
You headin to his car for some sex?

I guess times gettin' hard, even harder for you
Cause hey now, got a baby on the way now
More money from the county, and thanks to the welfare
You're about to get your hair done
Got a dinner date, can't be late

Keep your mind on your money, enroll in school
And as the years pass by, you can show them fools
But you ain't tryin' to hear me cause you're stuck
You're headin for the bathroom, bout to get tossed up
Still lookin for a rich man, you dug a ditch

Nobody should act like this, but poor women in the ghetto does it often. Instead of staying in school, they act like total sluts. His message is important and encouraged them to not fuck up their life.

Tupac in fact respected woman and he was probably one of the first rappers who made non-hating songs about us. Listen to Keep Ya Head up.
>>
>>37863103
Thank you. If it was a song telling dudes to pull up their pants and get a job nobody would bat an eye. But whiteknights can't stand it if you even vaguely criticise their precious grills then all of a sudden its "muh miss soggy knees"
>>
>>37862966
>Rap about bitches being bitches. (do disrespect to my mom and other strong females tho, check my other 15 songs about females)

Correction
(NO disrespect to my mom and other strong females tho, check my other 15 songs about females)
>>
>>37863103

Those lyrics hit close to home. Somehow I ended up babysitting both my sister's kid and the kid of her babys daddy gf while she was at the club.

It really is a cycle of incompetent ignorant mothers raising incompetent children. That's why I've always been thankful for being born a robot, it kept me from being able to get laid and make the same mistake.
>>
Its so crazy to me how rappers are considered "poets" when their lyrics are so simplistic and laughably stupid.
I get it that blacks are held up to a lower standard but this reaches absolutely ridiculous extents.
Your average generic popstar has deeper and more complex lyrics than every so called rapper poet
>>
>>37863805
>hurr durr painting a biasquat is so easy, it's just scribbles

You don't know what you don't know buddy.
>>
>>37862041
>California love

I cannot stand that compilation of sonic garbage. Are you trying to turn me off tupac? Because if you consider that a masterpiece, then his discography must be horrendous.
>>
>>37862083
>stupid people

For not keeping up with retarded normie pop culture? Go back to your containment board for fuck sakes.
>>
>>37863805
Postmodern "art" has no real value other than occasional money laundering scheme.
Rap is not even that though.
>>
>>37863805
Go ahead and write some verses for us, anon. Come on, it should be easy.
>>
>>37863805
Depends on the rapper. Someone like AZ or Nas are clearly thug poets. Their clever metaphors and ability to construct a narrative so vivid that millions outside of their culture can understand is quite a feat. It's not to be looked over.
>>
>>37863979
Meant as a reply to >>37863906

>>37863980
By this logic you cant ever critisize anyone.
Ever disliked a movie? Why dont you make a better one? Disagree with a politicians policies in the middle east? Then implement better ones.
>>
Overrated. If XXXTENTACION was murdered today, he'd be as "iconic" as 2Pac simply because he's controversial.
>>
>>37863996
Could you post some examples ?
>>
>>37863979
>throws around the "postmodern" word and repeated it as a meme
>implying art and economics weren't always intrinsically tied

Not that other guy or even a fan of basquiat but you've got to try harder Anon.
>>
>>37864036
"Life's a bitch" illustrates a street manifesto of nihilism within the street community.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HEwSfbE9IXc

"NY state of Mind" Nas go into fine detail about his life outlook as well as dives into his personal philosophy and moral codes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UKjj4hk0pV4
>>
Good
>Flow
>Beats
>Lyrics
>Racist

Bad
>Guest rappers
>Attitude

I like tupac for his music.
>>
>>37864036
Nas
AZ
MF Doom
Earl Sweatshirt

Hell even Drake at times. All niggas who go into find detail as well as make good lyrical content. You can hate on the radio, but rap as a while has had its fair share of "poets"
>>
>>37861909

ask this question on /pol/ or rephrase your question, edgy nerd
>>
mutt here, wish i was either black or white.
>>
He was a real nigga.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AHH0bdNKyM
>>
Say what you want about his gansta lyrics but there is no lie this nigga can rap on a catchy beat
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.