[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I killed myself a few years ago and I'm coming back, AMA.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: warrior poet.jpg (348KB, 800x896px) Image search: [Google]
warrior poet.jpg
348KB, 800x896px
Hi guys.

After a bad breakup in 2013 I pretty much went ghost on social media, and decided to let go of old baggage and prejudices that I had as an adolescent. I wanted the person I was to be gone, and worked hard to change myself.

I've been in your shoes: depressed, broke, lonely, a loser. And I'm telling you that life honestly gets better after a while. It's just a phase.

I'll be here to help if you guys have any questions, just let me know.
>>
There's a board geared towards helping people and it's >>>/adv/
>>
>>37831187
it doesn't get better

you get older and as a consequence people stop caring about you and you stop meeting new people like you did in school
>>
>>37831230
Yep. That is why you never go to r9k and try to help.
>>
>>37831230

You'd be surprised. Once you stack a couple of wins under your belt and start developing a personality beyond "muh depression", lots of new people you'd never expect to hang out with start to make their way into your life.

Even people that you haven't seen in years pop up and it's great for both of you to see each other grow. For example, old friends will invite you to their weddings, and you just randomly run into people you haven't seen in years. It happens. Trust me, others aren't as different from you as you'd think.
>>
>>37831295
>developing a personality beyond "muh depression",
You didn't do that though. People just interacted with you normally for a change and you started to notice it over time and thought it was due to what you were doing. They still think you're a faggot.
>>
>>37831295
Nobody would invite me to a wedding. I'm too negative.
>>
>>37831187
I did this too, but then I went crazy and my old personality came back (although it is diminished I think)

I want to try again but I don't have the energy, the motivation or the know-how. Feels sad man
>>
>>37831343

Actually, I started spending time with totally different people.

The beauty in meeting new people is that you can start fresh. You can be someone who is more emotionally available, honest, and authentic to yourself.

At the time, it kind of sucks going separate ways as some of your friends (and the girlfriend that I mentioned in the OP), but it's almost for the best that it happens. Some people are much better now than they were when I knew them. They reinvented themselves as well.
>>
>>37831444

It's not something you just do once or twice.

I think part of growing up is accepting that you don't know shit, ever, you just get better at recalibrating yourself for the obstacles that are facing you at the time.

But for practical advice, whenever I'm in a slump, I start cleaning my surroundings. Throw away or donate the stuff you don't need - I guarantee there's a lot of it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.