[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>TFW someone ghosts on you. Why is ghosting socially

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: angry_pepe.jpg (40KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
angry_pepe.jpg
40KB, 900x900px
>TFW someone ghosts on you.

Why is ghosting socially acceptable to normies?
>>
Yes, only normies ghost.

Actual robots can't really afford to ghost someone to be honest.
>>
>>37828920
Sign of a breaking down of social standards in a multiracial democracy. Read Bowling Alone
>>
What's ghosting?i understand faintly through context,but I want a better definition
>>
>>37828920
There was a thread about not MGTOW a few days ago
What happened to not being held down with social norms.
It different because you're on the catching end this time?
>>
>>37829313
Lurk more dumbass.
>>
>>37828920
Normies don't have much time to spare.
I'm a pseudonormie so here's my apologies for all my ghostings past present and future.

I literally just ghosted a qt irl. I'm so sorry young lady.
>>
>>37829313
Basically just cutting off contact with someone without telling them why.
>>
>>37828920
>>37829343
fuck the shit off, normalfags
>>
File: 895654.jpg (11KB, 184x207px) Image search: [Google]
895654.jpg
11KB, 184x207px
>>37828920
>add needy clingy beta on steam
>talk to them for a week or so
>play games together almost daily
>delete them after 1/2 weeks
>salty comments on my profile
delicious tears.
>>
>>37829349
Why did you ghost them
>>
>>37828920
What the fuck is ghosting, you normalfaggot?
>>
>>37829412
Got a plane to catch tomorrow (today)
>>
File: 37929741.jpg (22KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
37929741.jpg
22KB, 480x480px
I've only had women ghost me. Most of the time it was because they got bf's, and their bf told them to delete every guy in their contacts. So me included (happened like 3 times already now).
How do I find out? 2 of them broke up with their guys and came back and told me. The other just got a bf so it was easy to expect it. Some guys are very insecure.

Either that or I talk to them for a month, and then they just ghost randomly. It's weird because we usually have nice conversations.
>inb4 normie/chad
Nope, I'm KHV. Just meet lots of girls playing games online.
>>
>>37829343
As if "ghosting" was a 4channy concept, you cuck.
>>
>>37829299
Dude kill yourself your mind is too far gone if you think lack of responsibility is from "multiracial democracy"
>>
>>37828920
Because like many other "socially acceptable" things, it's easy to get away with. Accountability & confrontation are thrown out the window, basically an easy way out of something you don't wanna deal with anymore.
>>
What exactly does ghosting consist of? Just like starting to make a romantic/sexual connection with someone and then cutting contact all of a sudden?

Maybe that's become more common or socially acceptable because of tinder and shit like that, but I feel like that's a phenomenon that's always existed to some degree. And really, people have every right to in most cases, as much as it may suck to be on the other end of it. It's like quitting a job. It's more polite to put in at least some notice, but nothing is really stopping you from deciding you don't want to work there anymore and not showing up again unless you've signed a contract.
>>
File: 17923-7668.gif (62KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
17923-7668.gif
62KB, 320x240px
>>37829354
so basically the silent treatment?

why doesn't anyone use understandable phrases like "the silent treatment" instead of retarded fucking millennial bullshit phrases like "ghosting" retards use nowadays?
>>
>>37829562
It's not his idea, it's Robert Putnams' (a liberal) academic findings. Moms don't let their kids play down the street anymore and men don't join social fraternities because of diversity. It's a fact.
>>
I don't know how to tell someone I changed my mind, I don't want to talk anymore, I don't want to be around you, I don't like you anymore.
>>
>tfw I've ghosted people
>Not on purpose
>Tfw having any social relations is too exhausting for me
>prefer solitude
I know I'm an asshole. I don't even have/try to have any social relations anymore because I know it's inevitable. I just prefer solitude.
>>
File: 79125614.png (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
79125614.png
21KB, 400x400px
>>37829712
Doesn't have to be a romantic or sexual connection. Doesn't even have to between male and female.

It could just be that you made a friend, or just started getting to know someone. Then they just randomly start ignoring you, block you, or delete you.
Ghosting is really fucked up because most of the time it's random with no warning. Normies really don't know how much it hurts when they do that.
>>
>>37829723
Because it's not like that

>flirt with girl heavily
>we start hanging out and joking up regularly
>not really into her just lonely
>semester ends
>know I won't run into her anymore due to different school paths
>next semester starts, she texts "hey you back yet? We should hang out"
>never respond

That's ghosting
>>
>>37829799
As a bitch that has ghosted more times than I'm proud of, I will say that I at least know how much it hurts, but that when if happens you don't how how to make it better before without it feeling worse than just leaving.
Then again you did say 'normie' but still
>>
I've never ghosted someone before but I really can't blame people who do
Sometimes people are overwhelming, and the easy way it is to run away
>>
>>37828920
>ghosts

Ah shit. Normalfags keep making more stupid phrases and I can't keep up.
>>
I have done it because why should I have people as my friends if 1) they barely talk to me and 2) only talk to me if they want something out of me. Nobody ever wants to just chat with me and the stress I put myself through even just being online and showing my presence is not worth it, so I delete.
>>
>>37829723

What >>37829833 said. If someone's too big of a coward to tell you they don't want to hang out with you, they'll just cut off all contact and hope they never run into you again. It's not the silent treatment, they just don't want anything to do with you anymore.
>>
>>37829723
The silent treatment is temporary, ghosting is permanent.
>>
>tfw getting ghosted by childhood friends
>>37829833
Can't you just say the silent treatment is something that happens within a relationship and ghosting is breaking off the relationship? Do you NEED to talk about your menial life?
>>37829854
They were most likely just looking for an ez fuck.

I ghost everyone who is not blatantly rude from the get go so I don't mistakenly associate with that kind of person. Why can't you be honest with someone if you are going to block them on social media? If you think someone sucks can't you give them some kind of hint to improve? It's just denial that you can't admit to yourself that you are the kind of person who dislikes other people sometimes which is absurdly narcissistic.
>>
>>37830766
>They were most likely just looking for an ez fuck.
They were not. In most cases
>>
>>37830791
How would you know that if you ghosted them? I'm sure if those people got to know you a bit better they would start seeing you as an ez fuck or maybe several.
>>
>>37831085
I guess, but I would like to imagine they were a nice person.
Not sure why I like to imagine that since that makes me a bad person but still. And gee, that's a confidence booster.
>>
>>37831120
sorry i am really buttmad
>>
>>37831338
I didn't notice bit uh, it's alright?
>>
File: 1497049926274.png (454KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1497049926274.png
454KB, 600x600px
I'm going ghost my dudes
>>
>>37831403

>Watching the series again thanks to Jim's video on this guy
>Just getting to the episode where Ember appears.
>>
I've ghosted a lot of people
>try making an internet friend but they message me too much and our conversations are boring so I don't talk to him anymore
>in high school got bored of friends so did some real life ghosting and transferred schools without telling any of them (this was before I knew the term ghosting was a thing)
>add someone on discord but they start to get clingy and want to talk to me every day so I ghost them
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.