[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: VespasianDupondius.jpg (425KB, 2263x1096px) Image search: [Google]
VespasianDupondius.jpg
425KB, 2263x1096px
Serious discussion on ways make money and escape poverty. Find like minded individuals and work together to save money. Advice, resources, and suggestions on how to improve this thread are welcome. This may become an ongoing thread depending on the reception.
>>
It's impossible to get rich as a poor person, friendo.
>>
The best way to make money is to work. Nothing can beat good old labor when it comes to producing value and getting hard cash for it.
These things aren't complicated. The complicated part is if you want to support capitalism by letting yourself be exploited by the corporations (easy), or if you can stay independent and fill a niche in the local economy (hard).
>>
>>37821666
I feel the same way but I also think if honest like minded people would work together it would be a lot easier to accomplish a goal. the problem is everyones goal is looking out for themselves. maybe figure out a way to pool little amounts of money and find someone who knows about investing and then make money. of course we would have to fool proof this plan somehow in order to keep everyones investment secure and avoid the person stealing it. throw ideas around guys. maybe we should start a discord or something?
>>
>>37821747
I totally agree. however, a lot of us here aren't able to work (mental illness, etc.). that being said if you can work and are already in that mode you probably wont be in this thread
>>
>>37821747
>implying you can escape exploitation
>>
>>37821868
the first step is trying. I don't know what to say except I wish I knew someone that would could work together with me to achieve a normal life. I have income and a place but I could be doing a lot better
>>
I'm an old fuck, but this is my take, if i had to do it over again.

When i was still a teen i would of gone to my family members who were successful in market shit and learned what they were doing.

I would of also tried to make family connections. I had some distant uncle or cousin who was a CEO of a fortune 500 company.

I was sitting on a license to print money as a teenager, but had no idea. And, just shrugged my shoulders and sat playing video games.

1. you have successful family members doing something that makes money go learn it.

2. you have really successful family, try to meet them, and become their friends. You can try and use their network and connections, you will be set for life.

^ to add, if you are young, late teens early 20's and you think these people don't like you. They probably just don't like your parents

The next place i fucked up was in college. I had no idea how to make connections. I should of tried turning my teachers into my best friends. Instead i wanted to run home and play my Vidya.

After that, sitting there without a single connection in the world, i wondered why i completely failed at my career choices. When i blew off all the stuff that was sitting right there. Granted i was raised by a clueless single mom, who had no idea to suggest any of this kind of shit to me.

Lastly, i made no attempt to join some kind of networking club like the Masons. If it ever came up i was just like "MUH illuminati".
>>
>>37822122
it seems like the networking aspect of it would be relatively easy but without any actual friends in high places you're saying its impossible?
>>
I honestly think I'm in the wrong place with this thread considering the age range of people browsing this board aren't worried about finance
>>
Target has things like Boxes of 12 pack soda's at 4 boxes for 12 bucks.

If I get some ice and a cooler, I could sell them for a dollar each and make profit on 3 boxes.
>>
>>37821650
Step 1 : be smart
Step 2 : think of an idea and build a business around it
>>
>>37822329

if you have Zero Connections you are F U C K E D. Unless you have something like a 150+ IQ where you are a boy/girl genius who will be in demand no matter what by some business to solve unsolvable problems.

If you are just a regular average IQ schlub, who lives in an average town, that went to an average College you are completely fucked if you have not made Any connections.

But, the point of my post though was to look at what you do have around you that could turn into connections. I had all the ones that i can perfectly see now as a jaded old fuck, but i couldn't see them a clueless teen
>>
>>37822418
where would you sell them? sounds like a good idea especially if you do this for a long period of time and save all the money you make
>>
hindsight is 20/20.

Dont trust anyone over 30, we have learned this world and will only subjugate you
>>
>>37822611

Corner of my apartment building. Or by a school when school's out, but I'd need a girl with me for that one.
>>
>>37822611

retarded idea. Fucking retarded idea. how long would that take to make any real money?

niogger, you can get 10 xents a can in oregon now, move there! durr!1

Pro-Tip? Do some fucking research. Only a poor fucking idiot would just ask on a chinese basket weaving forum
>>
>>37822631

>Life advice
>Apartment
>Flipping soda
>$.75 cent hustle

at least sell drugs if you are going to act like a nigger
>>
File: 1497803866571.jpg (118KB, 641x1089px) Image search: [Google]
1497803866571.jpg
118KB, 641x1089px
>>37822658
if he's a younger person it's not that bad of an idea. sure it wont make thousands of dollars but it will teach him about the responsibility of saving his money and accomplishing a goal.
>>37822684
selling drugs is a terrible idea, you run the risk of getting robbed or going to prison. not to mention you are ruining peoples lives
>>
>>37822684

>act like a nigger
>literally doing nothing loud, ghetto or obnoxious
>>
going to make lunch keep the thread alive r9k
>>37822789
selling them at the school is a great idea lad. and you don't need a girl.
>>
I would save what little money you can and then invest in crypto currencies on the long term.

Just think, say you bought 1000 bitcoins when they were cheap about 5 year back, those coins would now make you over 100,000 with their current prices.
>>
Any anons invest in stocks? Any good beginner guides?
Plz don't suggest memecoins. I feel stocks are more legit than memecoins.
>>
>>37822983
can you do this without a bank account?
>>37823305
this site has a lot of concise short videos that should help, type something into the search (e.g. penny stocks), at the top right of the screen you will see a video player which will give you a quick rundown on penny stocks,
http://www.investopedia.com/
>>
>>37823305

i know nothing, but am debating trying to learn it. I half debated learning to day trade but you supposedly need a minimum of $25K USD to start, so that killed that plan.

I'm trying to teach 'regular investing' to myself though, if i can't day trade. I have some ideas, like watching the stock market on the daily. And watching when some weird news kills a stock to come in and buy it and wait til it corrects.

For example, maybe buying WalMart the day Amazon bought whole foods. It was down 5%. And, then waiting for it to correct, there is no guarantee it will though. You need to be able to figure out if it might, and determine the value of the company. Plus there all kinds of weird god damn rules about how often you can buy and sell stocks that im still trying to figure out. If you try to buy and sell stuff to fast you get flagged as a day trader and they can freeze your account.
>>
>>37823305
https://www.wsj.com/
>>
>>37822898

I dunno, it's kind of hard for a solo male in a school setting.

>hurr must be a pedo
>>
>>37823874
yeah I was assuming these were kids your age. ive thought about selling water at the walking trail but most people probably dont carry money when they go out for a walk
>>
>>37822122
What if I have no succesful family?
>>
anyone here in texas?
>>
Find a niche fetish that you can convince girls to film and make big bucks. I used to help a friend run his crush fetish site and that site brought in a lot of cash.
>>
>>37824473

are you like an orphan or living in a third world country? if that is the case then the odds are you have no success family anywhere.

But, if you are in the West somewhere, and are relatively young, you could have a successful relative somewhere that you don't know anything about. Find the gossipy old lady relative who knows everyone's business, call her up, and ask if she can think of any family member who is Really Successful. She will probably say, ohhhhhhh you know what, we have a second cousin who is a CEO or a former Governor or some weird bullshit, But, we don't talk to them cause of X Y Z silly petty bullshit reasons. That is where you start. I heard about this Fortune 500 CEO distant uncle or cousin in a passing conversation one time, it never occurred to me i should go out and try and contact him.

Start there, with your family. When you do find them, dont be afraid to contact them because you are poor and think you have nothing to offer, the thing you have to offer is that you are related and looking to become friends.
In the case where you are a poor orphan or in the third world. Are you in college? Join a fraternity if you can. If that is not a possibility, focus on your teachers. Find the teacher in the field you want to go into, and FORCE YOURSELF to make that teacher your friend. And, by friend i mean, you chat every day, you hang out, and that kind of shit. Then, that person is the person you go to when you need a job. If the teachers seem to have zero interest in becoming your friends that is a bad sign that you may be in a bad field for yourself.

if neither of those work,and or you are out of school, and you are a guy, i would join the Masons. outside the USA that can be tricky though.

Also, to add, you have to do this kind of shit when you are young. When you are young people may want to take you under their wing, show you the ropes and help you become a success somehow.
>>
>>37825015
so if I'm older joining the free masons is out of the question ?
>>
>>37825412

no, once you get older that's about the only option you will have left, my point was that it is much easier to pull this kind of shit off when you are young, under 30. After you are 30, or older, people stop wanting to help, and if they do help you wont get any second chances if you fuck it up.

The relative thing is still a possibility though.

But, If you are in the USA, joining the Masons is super easy. Just call your local one and say you are interested in joining. The only thing that will prevent you from getting in is a Felony conviction. Someone will call you back within a couple of days. Get in, don't make it super obvious you are joining to network with people, that is the main reason everyone joins, but you aren't supposed to say that. Say, You want to become a better Man, or some BS. they love to hear that one. Don't actively start trying to network until after you get your Third Degree. Just focus on making friends, and especially friends with the Guy that knows and is friends with everyone. After you get your third degree, ask that Guy if he knows off hand who the most successful person is in 'your field', which ever field. He probably does, ask that Guy to introduce you to that guy somehow. Then Make friends with that guy like it is your job.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.