[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you train yourself to be less sensitive?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 645.jpg (142KB, 432x288px) Image search: [Google]
645.jpg
142KB, 432x288px
How do you train yourself to be less sensitive?
>>
Stop giving a shit. I would like to master this skill as well.
>>
>>37816638
This is difficult for me. I over analyse everything and dwell on the most minute criticisms.

I really want to just not give a fuck but I don't know how to condition myself to adopt that mentality.
>>
>>37816638
this is pretty hard if you're a natural born autistic desu

>tfw you feel everyone is always looking at you
>>
So which do you prefer, a third degree burn or gangrene?
>>
>>37816698
>tfw everyone IS always looking at me

I wish I could be invisible so people aren't constantly analyzing my autistic mannerisms.
>>
>>37816621
Bushido principle: Imagine your death in every waking moment of your life and you will come to terms with it.
It's also a principle of stoicism but whatever. Essentially, just daydream a lot about things that make you sensitive and the things that make you feel vulnerable. Same principle as vaccination.
>>
become a gym rat
>>
>>37816823
>Essentially, just daydream a lot about things that make you sensitive and the things that make you feel vulnerable.

How is this supposed to work? You just become desensitised to things which make you feel sensitive?
>>
>>37816836
Yes. Pretty much, I mean that's literally how vaccination works. Your "body" might not be able to take all of the desensitization in one go though, so maybe you'll need to do it bit by bit. There are some other important ways to practice this aside from just within the realm of your own mind. Just climb up the stairs of the real life experiences that you are sensitive to. Make a list or something and go into the experience fully aware that you are doing it for a reason, no matter how much it hurts. But you have to start small, depending on the severity of your situation you could potentially risk trauma by overdoing it.
>>
>>37816836
Also, this will only work if your problem is indeed anxiety or depression or unwarranted levels of sensitivity. It doesn't do anything for people with autism because autism is a neurological "disorder" and not as much of a matter of chemistry and fears.
>>
>>37816915
The difficult part is it's always things other people say. Very difficult to replicate this feeling by yourself.
>>
>>37816940
Well, walk up to someone and entice them into saying those things. All while monitoring yourself and your reactions.
>>
Repeated exposure is the only way besides drugs. I'm sure you've met an old person who just doesn't give a fuck anymore. I've come to terms with my autism. I don't always get the intended effects from my acting on the environment but I won't deny myself out of fear. Some people are intentionally assholes and they sleep just fine. I have a healthy distaste for allistic but I'm don't really hate them. Working in a hospital has probably helped the most. I have to tell people what to do, touch them, and sometimes forcibly hold them down and do things to them. Little things I used to worry about seem easy after doing hospital stuff. It's 'dog eat dog world, so be the doggiest dog and fulfill your needs. You can't please everyone but it's better to be loved and hated by a few than seen as neutral in everything and disliked by everyone.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.