[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

game that ruined my life

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: wow.jpg (20KB, 337x150px) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
20KB, 337x150px
game that ruined my life
>>
File: 1494746662660.jpg (93KB, 1100x660px) Image search: [Google]
1494746662660.jpg
93KB, 1100x660px
>>37815553
if it wasn't wow it would've been something else

don't delude yourself senpai
>>
Yes, it was best and worst thing in my life. Last time i felt i had friends was in WoW, but i did nothing else than playing, and i guess that's harmful. I have an urge to play again, but i know it will ruin me.
>>
how many hours did you guys sink into it?
having played on and off again since 2005 my playtime is around 35k hours
>>
File: 313_1000.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
313_1000.gif
1MB, 320x240px
i forced myself to unsubscribe after a half year of playing..i made the right choice tho
>>
>>37815594
There is nothing addictive about the game anymore. It's full of normies nowadays and your old friends most likely quit the game long time ago.
>>
>>37815553

Ruined your life?

>lost my virginity because of this game
>made more closer friends then I could have ever irl
>lead an army of men and woman to fight battles against great bosses
>will never have a constantly active vent full of guys you spend every day with, like a bar.

Honestly, this game was the best period of my life. No exaggeration. I think the days of this style of gaming is dead. The BC/Wotlk period in particular, it seriously was like having a second life. I don't think I will experience these feels again.

I've tried to go back a few times, but its never been the same. I think now its gotten a bit silly with all the different modes and such for raiding.

Everyone goes on about it, but the game community had a different feel in BC/WOTLK.

>tfw that was 10 years ago
>>
>>37815553
WoW, and video games in general, are what made my life bearable through high school. I just miss being able to fuck around in a big world and have these great moments with other players.

>It's 2009
>Horde Priest, riding my way to Goldshire for shits and giggles
>Eventually pass by that area where Hogger patrols
>Hogger is plowing a low level group of alliance
>One Holy Fire later, Hogger is dead
>Wave at them, they come up and thank me
>>
Where is my anime girl rpg where xp is cute points
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp1KYchXD9w

>ywn say "defile in 3, spread" again
>>
one of my cousins, who is a morbidly obese 40-something year old woman with no high school diploma and seemingly no work experience, met and married some guy from world of warcraft. the dude seems relatively normal but also might be dying of lung cancer. additionally, he has a ~10 year old kid from another marriage who he never sees, seemingly by choice.

whenever people talk about how they met their gf/wife on wow or some other MMO, i just think about this fact.
>>
>>37815572
underrated

bloxxD
>>
>You can never truly go back to classic wow again

I don't like this feel. Sometimes I actually just put the soundtrack on in the background for nostalgia.

I don't think WoW ruined my life because it provided an escape to a different world where I could be something other than a weird loner.
>>
Being addicted to WoW was the best time of my life. I'm married now and an adult but it all sucks compared to getting off school Friday and knowing you have the entire weekend to just sit at the computer and explore Azeroth.

I'm glad the game is dead and not worth playing though. I used to get those itches to play again and I'd play for a while again, but the game is so bad I know there's nothing to look forward to.
>>
>>37815553
I really believe I could have lost my virginity in high school if I never found out about this game
>>
File: deathbringerswill.png (42KB, 414x258px) Image search: [Google]
deathbringerswill.png
42KB, 414x258px
>>37815827
ICC was great and as a hunter you could have two of these one hc one normal.
>>
2-5k hours sunk into various games

runescape, wow, eu4, league of legends, dota 2
100-1000 hours in plenty of smaller ones

i want to kill myself every day
>>
>>37816056
Marks hunters in S8 with the best pve arp pieces... wew lad.
Possibly as broken as full arp prot warriors.

>>37816099
>only 5k hours
How old are you?
At a conservative estimate I'd say I'm sitting on about 27k hours at the tender age of 26.
If I was still a nolifer it'd be at least 30k hours.
>>
>>37815572
False. WoW is more of an ubiquitous addiction than say, heroin. Also heroin isn't exactly dished out to innocent 14 year olds. WoW is.
>>
>>37816056

>tfw will never make icc 25 N pug and ninja DBW with your best friends.
>>
File: 1454636103623.png (137KB, 904x864px) Image search: [Google]
1454636103623.png
137KB, 904x864px
>>37816099
>2-5k hours sunk into various games
hardly noteworthy if youre factoring every game youve ever played
>>
>tfw you were still a social outcast in your raiding guild
>>
I have never ever played WoW, because I was old enough in 2005 to know it is stupid as fuck to subscribe to a monthly fee.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.