[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hand-flapping

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: flap.gif (1MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
flap.gif
1MB, 720x480px
>ex-gf used to flap her hands when she got really happy or excited
>thought it was cute as all hell; literally didn't even know what autism was
>see Julia on Sesame Street doing it years later
>"FUCK."
>look it up; apparently this is a classic symptom of autism and is considered a problem
>go to enormous family gathering today and meet a bunch of relatives who I hadn't seen in ages and their children who I had never met
>one walks in and immediately starts flapping her hands like that upon seeing her aunt or grandma or whatever, and her face just lights up with joy
>it's fucking beautiful

I don't care if it's fucking spastic or literally autistic behavior. That shit is an expression of joy, just like a smile, or laughter, or dancing, and it reminds me of people I love, and it's beautiful. It doesn't even produce any cringe in me anymore. I don't give a single fuck, and I'm never gonna tell my future kids to stop if they do it.
>>
>>37814603
That's intriguing. I'd never considered that hand flapping would be a sign of happiness.
I only flap my hands when I get angry or frustrated.

When, if ever, do the rest of /r9k/ flap their hands?
>>
>>37814603
i used to do this when i was a kid
stopped doing it because its gay and retarded
>>
>>37814789
>I only flap my hands when I get angry or frustrated.
Same. And its something i try to avoid doing in public. It's humiliating.
>>
>>37814603
Women can get away with that without it being autistic, if you're a man and you flap your hands like that you're either retarded or gay, perhaps both.
>>
>>37814840
This. Childish behavior is expected of women.
>>
>>37814603
I seem to recall the really retarded but hot girls doing that on Disney shows and such.
>>
I did that as a kid during the rare moments when I was having a good time, people usually told me to calm down when it happened. Now as an adult, I don't do it in public anymore, but sometimes indoors when no one is watching.
>>
>ex-gf
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
YOU'VE TAUNTED ME FOR THE LAST TIME NORMAN
LEAVE
>>
>>37814603
honestly most of what women do could be considered autistic but men just see it as "cute"
>>
I'm not autistic but I cant help but cover my face when I'm excited. I tend to blush a lot though, so thats probably why
>>
>>37814886
>Disney may have hired spergs as teen sex icons

>>37815098
kek
>>
I had a autistic friend in elementary with extreme flapping. Not just hands, both his whole arms. Especially when he was running. Was like it was automatic and might not know it was happening. I ignored it. Cus for being autist he was way more social than me and was a funny, relatable guy. I'll have to check how he is doing these days.
>>
File: Reac 179.gif (294KB, 300x281px) Image search: [Google]
Reac 179.gif
294KB, 300x281px
>>37814603
Used to do this. Now I flick multiple fingers at the same time. Usually happens when I'm deep in thought and excited/aggravated over something. I also pace back and forth listening to music while fantasizing and doing the finger flicking thing. I can also sperg out over certain subjects.

But I can recognize facial expressions and can somewhat understand social cues so Idk if I'm an autist.
>>
>>37814603
Just because a lot of autistic people do it doesn't mean only autistic people do. Girls who get really bubbly and excited to all sorts of cute things. Like bounce around or flap their hands.
>>
>>37814603
It might not be autism, in her case. If a normal kid sees an autistic kid flapping their hands when excited, then the normal kid will probably mimic it when they get excited themselves.
Other people think its cute and they reinforce the behaviour. So it sticks.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.