[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what do you guys theorize about death?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11

File: 1494556901189.gif (924KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1494556901189.gif
924KB, 500x281px
There's multiple theories that come to mind for death.
Any religion could be right but my theories go beyond what humans truly believe.
One theory is that there are realms that the human eye can not see.
Example would be sleep paralysis.
People who experience sleep paralysis typically draw what they saw and a lot of people see the exact same creature.
A two handed, two legged dark creature.
They call it "god" but I don't know if it truly is a god.
I sort of believe hallucinations are things that your human eye is seeing into another realm.
There's infinite amount of realms so it's very weird to really explain.
I could go on about dreams, hallucinations, ect but we're talking about theories of life and death.
So when we die we could possibly be put into those realms
Or we could be sent to another universe and start our life a-new.
Not human but could also still be human, like I said infinite possibilities
Then there's the theory of everything could be a simulation.
We forget our immortal beings and its like an arcade game.
Rick and morty enlighten it a ltitle bit and so does alice in borderland
We forget our past and are put into a type of game.
I guess I could be put under escapist
No I don't browse /x/ nor have I browsed it in the past
I'll answer questions to the best of my ability.
>>
File: Hello.jpg (41KB, 305x493px) Image search: [Google]
Hello.jpg
41KB, 305x493px
>>37813202
All I know is energy can not be created nor destroyed, just transfered. Some anon was saying after the heat death of tbe universe (in the future in time we cant' fathom in scale [almost eternity]), when the last of matter/photon/proton/whateverthafuck enters the blackhole (which anon thinks stores all of it somewhere we can't imagine [compressed in a other dimension]), it will recycle it all and rip space/time like a ballon just to recreate the bigbang again.
>>
>>37813202
Assuming your theories are true, what does it mean if someone doesn't dream
>>
>>37813202
You planning on dying soon?
>>
>>37814492
It could mean a lot of things but what if they could dream this entire time but always forgot?
>>37814507
I plan on living till I die an old age but I'd like to see how humanity evolves but I don't care about dying at any time.
>>
You will be in bondage to the life you lived on earth, but unable to freely influence the eternal mess you once created. This is your one chance to use your willpower
>>
>>37814416
>>37814693
life is an endless nightmare?
>>
>>37814693
Sounds like something from a book.
>>
I don't personally believe our consciousness, at least as it exists in its current state, continues past death. Yes matter and energy cannot be created or destroyed, but that doesn't mean it stays the same. An apple I ate for lunch doesn't remain an apple during and after my digestion, its matter and energy gets broken down into other shit, literally and figuratively.

Of course, I'm constantly baffled by existence and find it fundamentally absurd, so I'm not the one to ask.
>>
>>37814747
I personally believe it does start all over again, but never Identical. You'll literally be in a different life. I think this because of interactions of life and freewill, e.i.
>be alien civilization that harvested energy from star 44ER instead of star 87FV
>the lost of gravitational pull from star 44ER will change direction of space activity
>had they started with star 87FV, another interaction of events would've happened
>asteroids, comets and debris in general have altered course for that universe
>when the last of the atoms go in to the blackhole to kick start the cycle again, since it is not the same atom like the last cycle (because of altered course due to living being's interaction), those minute alterations scrambles and randomizes the sequence of events to create a new universe not exact like the previous
Do you get it? It's always random because of butterfly effect, hence you'll never be this person again. Always a new, different scenario/life/existence.
>>
>>37813202
Yo, check it (bro science)
>m theory states we live in 11+ dimensions
>we can't interact with them/it
>but quarks go in and out of existence
>I believe quarks are the source of conciousness
>when DMT is released (sleep/drug use), we are able to pass to other dimensions
>our brain, using electricity, is like a magnet for it
>but psychedlics let some part of the brain slightly travel beyond the brane/dimension threshold
I'm a total brainlet trying to say my shit, but I hope you get what I mean.
>>
File: aeon-flux-ep7-baby.jpg (26KB, 564x410px) Image search: [Google]
aeon-flux-ep7-baby.jpg
26KB, 564x410px
I am pretty certain you end-up having a conversation with yourself, because there is only you. Awesome, new game + mode. Until you get bored again, and decide to wipe your memories again
>>
>>37813202
Uh, you die and you experience a DMT high because humans have a cool built-in high for when they are in so much pain that they can't cope anymore. We give ourselves a really trippy feel good high before we die. That's what people often describe as having seen "the light" or why people "see shit" when they die.

So unless you are about to tell me that DMT is God, I'm sorry to inform you but death is just death. And that sounds pretty darn comfy to me.

Source: I've died and been brought back.
>>
File: 1495606618104.jpg (445KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1495606618104.jpg
445KB, 1280x1280px
I'm a Christian.
There's NOTHING after death, until the end of the world and Second Coming.
If there's no Second Coming, there's no afterlife.
Have faith in Jesus, desu.
>>
>>37816213
>i've died and been brought back
so you didn't die?if you actually died you wouldn't have been brought back.

>We give ourselves a really trippy feel good high before we die. That's what people often describe as having seen "the light" or why people "see shit" when they die.

this doesn't make sense.I mean there has been people who were in comas and not exactly in pain when they saw *the light* or a meeting with god.
>>
>>37814416
You know the heat of the universe is nothing more then a theory right?
>>
You need to do LDS, shrooms or DMT or some other powerful hallucinogen. Some of your questions will be answered or become obvious during your trip. It makes everything make sense about the world and the afterlife. All of a sudden you can communicate with the energies of plants, animals, objects, color/light, sound/vibrations, and so on becomes ONE and you can interact with other dimensions. I was getting vibrational "vibes" from a patch of flowers that made me connect with the way they absorb sunlight. i cant fucking explain it.
>>
>>37814416
I kept thinking the same. Even if the "soul" exists or it's some form of "energy" and I use the quotes because of the lack of a better term, they would basically be recycled just like any form of matter. so in that sense, there is a form of reincarnation. It would sort of explain all those stories of children seeing things or talking about war stories, even if they are like 5. It could also very well be bullshit, what do I know.
>>
I often have "dreams" that seem completely real, up to the point where I force myself to try to wake up from the "dream" and cannot, which proves to the me in the "dream" that whatever I'm experiencing is real. When I eventually do wake up, I feel incredibly worn and sometimes visibly aged. So, I have no way of knowing if what I'm experiencing now is real, or if I'm just in another shitty "dream" that I can't force myself to wake up from. Maybe when I die here, as I often do in "dreams," I'll wake up feeling incredibly shitty, and go about my life as usual.
>>
>>37816246
nothing? I thought that after you die you get to be judged based on what you did during your life, and then you're sent either to hell or heaven.
>>
>>37816273

All people existing are reincarnations of yourself in different times and stages of enlightenment all interacting with each other. Time is not linear, only our perception of it
>>
Nothing, nada, zilch. Oregano post
>>
>>37816248
People usually experience whatever their belief of the afterlife is, hence why, say, a little boy who hears about Jesus all the time will often see depictions of Jesus, often times, because we are talking about a child, these images will be related to a book he has been reading. In other circumstances, much like it often occurs in dreams (at least it does for me) people experience very extended and elaborate hallucinatory events that could be effectively put down in over tens of thousands of words.

And I died because I was dead, that's how it works, it's called a defibrillator, they help you come back and shit. I am aware that I died because I was told I did and because I had an overwhelming rush of comfort. Never had I felt so happy and comfortable in my entire life, I felt truly liberated and at peace, there was nothing to prepare for or worry about anymore, it was just me losing my weight and floating towards a big milky white light.

Metaphorically, you could say it felt a lot like I was "ascending", sort of becoming a part of the milky way.
>>
>>37816308
a defibrilator doesn't bring you back to life like in battlefield. If a person's heart suffers from fibirlations, which is arithmical heartbeats, then you use a defibrilator to basically "restart" the heart, hoping it will correct the rithm.
>>
We die, our brain stops creating the "illusion" we perceive as living. After that we return to the same state we were born from, which is most likely nothing. I do however believe in eternal return, where if time and space is infinite, everything that can happen, will happen, and everything that has happened, will happen again. So we are reborn, after more time than we can even comprehend, but it will be you, but not this you. Just new you.
>>
>>37816335

The faint cry of an ego in turmoil. Ascended people do not want to forget again
>>
File: 47842500_p0.jpg (290KB, 1031x561px) Image search: [Google]
47842500_p0.jpg
290KB, 1031x561px
>>37816268
Well, I can explain it. LSD unblocks the divides between our different parts of the brain. Much like what you can observe in individuals with synesthesia. So, the reality of taking any hallucinogen is that it literally connects parts of your brain to other parts that they wouldn't usually be connecting to. Meaning synapses everywhere, that's why you can "feel at one" with plants, or see things that you think of, because you brain is literally being hot-wired.

God, I'm an idiot, I'm ruining being high and death for everyone.

Honestly though, the only thing I can imagine would explain absolute "one-ness" is that you somehow took enough LSD to make your whole brain communicate with all of itself and because you are the one with the information of what a plant is and what the sea is... You start feeling the verbal dictionary that you have for what the sea metaphorically "feels like".
>>
File: 37e5511.png (69KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
37e5511.png
69KB, 500x411px
>>37816332
Dude, I don't know what to tell you. If it bothers you that I experienced death and didn't see God then believe what you have to believe or whatever. I really don't see what your angle is here buddy.
>>
>>37816292
Yes, but that doesn't happen until Second Coming where everyone will be judged.
Right now, death is similiar to sleep.
>>
>>37816364
The issue isn't that you experienced death and you didn't see god.The issue is that you didn't really die,your heart just stopped beating for a few seconds and you almost died.If you actually died you wouldn't be talking here.
>>
>>37816308
>it was just me losing my weight and floating towards a big milky white light.
A friendly advice anon, don't go towards the white light unless you want to return to this shitty place.
>>
>>37816391
So you're telling me that your issue is semantics. Ok.
>>
>>37816421
I did follow it, but I was then cut off and woke up. And actually, I had never in my life felt as happy and refreshed as I did when I came back to life. Which was actually extremely scary.
>>
>>37816364
>>37816391 what he said.
I didn't mean to negate what you said man, just wanted to tell you that you didn't actually die, I think they're called near death experiences.
>>
>>37816444
Yes and I'm here to tell you that you really shouldn't get caught up in semantics since it doesn't take sherlock to understand that I'm not actually dead seeing as I am at least alive enough to type on a keyboard and post on a fucking mongolian throat singing image board.
>>
>>37814416
That's exactly what happens, anon. It's the cyclic curse of all that exists in the universe, us included. Despite having a biologically ingrained instinct to avoid death and rise as high as possible in the natural world (the Will to Power as Nietzsche called it), humans are also intelligent enough to realize the ultimate futility of this. And that's where mortality salience comes in.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/dictionary/astronomy-terms/before-big-bang.htm
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclic_model
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_oblivion
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortality_salience
>>
>>37816501
Does this mean that cyclical arguments are valid arguments and not actually fallacies then? Was that stupid kid in class actually way beyond mere mortality?
>>
>>37814693
Pretty drunk rn so forgive me for not understanding, but are you saying you think we just relive our lives for eternity?
>>
Every possibility I can imagine after death is truly terrifying.
>either your consciousness is gone for good, eternal nothing
>or you get re-born and relive your life all over again, cringey moments and all, with no recollection of having lived it before
>or you get re-born into a new life, which could be better than the previous, or a life as a third-worlder who doesn't survive more than a few weeks
>>
>>37816557
But what do you care, you'd be dead. What are you even attached to in life that is worth being attached to? Your loved ones are all as mortal as you are.
>>
>>37816501
You cannot be certain of such stuff.Humans probably aren't even capable of understanding the universe.Look at fish living deep in the sea.They are not aware that the earth,stars,universe exist;but that doesn't mean it exists.For all we know our bodies and mind is simply not capable of perceiving the truthfulness of the universe.
>>
>>37816645
Doesn't meant it doesn't exist.
btw i am a shit writer.
>>
You'll die
I'll die
There's no way to know
Stop worrying about it
Cash out early if you have cancer
>>
>>37816557
Think of the time before you were born, that's what's gonna happen to you. However the universe will continue after that, if you were reborn, it will obviously not be this you. It'll be a different you. There's nothing that would connect your consciousness with the reborn yours consciousness. If you are reborn, your atoms will come together in the very same
and exact pattern and circumstance. It'll be you, but another you.
>>
File: 49394518_p0.jpg (137KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
49394518_p0.jpg
137KB, 800x800px
>>37816645
Isn't that the ultimate truth? The thing that people don't want to accept the most is that we simply don't have the framework/the hardware to compute what we would need to in order to truly understand existence. And the act of accepting it is the biggest pathway to happiness and of learning to live in the here and now. It's a trial by fire into freedom over your existence. Accepting that despite being (seemingly) smarter than all other species in the planet... You're likely still not that intelligent or capable anyway.
The beauty of it is that the only way to evolve into a better us that will be able to understand everything is to keep pushing our noggin's. I think that's beautiful.
>>
>>37816645
There are still things such as dark energy, for example, that humans have yet to fully understand. But all things considered, I would say that we've come decently far, when it comes to understanding the fundamentals of the universe and how it works. Just think of how much less we knew about astronomy, cosmology, quantum physics, etc. only 200 years ago.

Neil degrasse Tyson had some interesting things to say, similar to your example of the fish in the deep sea. An interesting thought.
https://curiosity.com/topics/neil-degrasse-tyson-thinks-humans-might-be-too-stupid-for-aliens-curiosity/

When you say that we cannot be certain of such stuff, do you simply mean that there isn't enough evidence for a cyclic model, or are you going down the rabbit hole of whether or not we can know anything to begin with?
https://philosophynow.org/issues/57/How_Can_I_Know_Anything_At_All
>>
>>37816929
This is some Lovecraftian shit right here, which may very well end up being true. Not that we'd know it.
>>
>>37816929
i mean *going down the rabbit hole of whether or not we can know anything to begin with* type of stuff.
Also when it comes to how we understand the fundamentals of the universe all that knowledge could be shattered with a new theory that someone proposes.Let's not all forget that in a hundreds of years the perceived *truth* could change just like it did hundred of years ago.
>>
>>37816391

Cardiac Arrest (CA) = Death

Death is a process. That process begins when the heart stops beating. It is potentially reversible for a time (t). The more we advance with resuscitation science, the longer the value of t becomes.

The guy you responded to did die. That's a fact, that's how medicine and the scientific community define death.

Have another definition for death in order to avoid cognitive dissonance? Cool, but keep it out of discussions about reality.
>>
I feel the dream thing, too, and what happens after is based on your lucidity- the more lucid you are, the more you can control it. I don't think you really can wake up, or that if you do, it's something completely different from existence, the end of everything, and you never go to sleep again. But every death is basically a false awakening.
>>
When you die you turn green as a last sign of Allah that Islam is the truth :^)
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.