[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone give a shit about us?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 15

File: damnit parker.jpg (104KB, 582x329px) Image search: [Google]
damnit parker.jpg
104KB, 582x329px
People know this place exist. We're constantly on the front page of /r/4chan and Funnyjunk. I've seen many separate instances of news outlets talking about this place

Does anyone care enough to try and help us?

Has a normie ever come here to drop any kind of useful information besides a platitude about "just being urself" and how all our problems would be solved by us just pulling our socks up?

Has there ever been a Buzzfeed article that justified our position in any way other than "virgin beta males hate women because they hate women"

Are people satisfied to just leave us to rot and throw peanuts at us when someone says something particularly pathetic that they can screenshot and post to reddit for ebin upvotes?
>>
>>37810578
No, because it's a well known fact this board is hopeless and not worth trying to fix
>>
Don't count on anyone to help you but yourself. Discipline is truly your only friend.
>>
The (mostly) men on here have nothing to gain no matter how hard they try. The world needs to change and I hope to contribute that. I'm a robochad and who only has girlfriends for social contact.
>>
>>37810752
I'm not asking for someone to come and fix all my problems for me. All I want is for someone to fucking explain to me how I'm supposed to move forward

Maybe normies don't even need to think about it but they must know something I don't
>>
>>37810914
The economy is in disarray.
>>
>>37810914
Well firstly, what do you want out of life?
>A gf
I'd say to try getting fit, and if you're too ugly for getting fit to matter, then go for non vain girls. You'll generally find nice and non vain girls in churches, religious girls can be very sweet.
>Friends
I'd say to try finding social things or events that correspond with your personal interests. Wether it's film making classes, a book club, etc. etc.
>>
>>37811598
I'd be thrilled if it were anywhere close to being that straightforward

People detest me seemingly no matter what I do. I want to improve and get better at things but some people seem to hate me for trying, some people support me, some people hate me for not offending people and caring what people think, some people hate me no matter what and a wide array of other intangible variables.

I know enough about myself to know I'm not less capable than other people, but I'm still stuck living this gutter lifestyle unless I can fucking juggle these emotional insecurities 24/7 and make the best of it whatever it looks like.
>>
>>37811704
What is it specifically that you want though? You seem to be un happy, but you haven't said what would make you happy.
>>
>>37811730
I dunno but I'll know it when I feel it

I don't wish for some idealistic fantasyland, really. I just want to feel like I want to exist and I know why I do
>>
File: 1493262386523s.jpg (8KB, 250x246px) Image search: [Google]
1493262386523s.jpg
8KB, 250x246px
>>37810578
Well, that's because for them be yourself is enough, whereas for us grasping that concept without self-confidence is moronic.
>>
>>37811752
The meaning of life is to find meaning. You are a man without meaning, living only in his essence without a thought to his existence. Find an inherent value for you to live by, and you will be content.

Read The Wisdom of Life, The Myth of Sisyphus, and Fear and Trembling in that order.
>>
>>37811799
Well that's something.

Thanks man.
>>
>>37811825
No problem buddy, now all you do is commit.
>>
Most people on here are only "robots" because they want to be. The few people that are involuntary robots are ignored and denied help because the vast majority of people have no interest in charity and don't gain anything emotionally or mentally by practicing altruism.

There is no advice to give to the truly unlucky and downtrodden. The only solution would be to have some benefactor swoop in and manage their lives until they are stable. That will never happen.
>>
i have tourette's syndrome. people think i have a weird personality. no i have an actual medical condition.
no one gives a shit though. the next day they'll have amnesia. i have to tell people i have tourette's like 10 times before it processes in their head.

mental illness is seen as an urban legend in the US because our government has doctored culture, partly through media but mostly through bureaucracy.
>>
>>37810578
maybe if you guys actually tried to listen it would be great.
>>
I don't think anybody does give a shit about us. We're healthy and capable enough to complain, rant, rave, and ree online. Nobody is dead, except for anons that an hero'd of course. And they would be enough for them to care about, except for the fact that they post here. That the only people they can talk to at their lowest point is an image board mostly full of lonely depressed guys that nobody understands.
It's just difficult for anybody to care about us when there are celebrities dating and having babies and when there are children dying in the ghetto and the streets. We're stuck somewhere in the middle, and nobody cares about the middle. Robots just slipped through the cracks because there are too many other problems.
Nobody is gonna care except for the occasional school shooting, and even then we're just getting blamed for the actions of one person instead of being shown any kindness.
I'm sorry anon, I don't think anybody is gonna save you, me, or any of us. But don't let me kill your hope, it's just my own opinion that I made after being on this board for years.
>>
>>37810578
>Funnyjunk

I've never heard that name outside funnyjunk
>>
Well, I mean, what in hell are you looking for anyways? Cheat codes? Git Gud, give up, or join the military. Nobody's going to show you the path, 'cause there isn't a path to show you. That's what you're here for. If you're going to ask everyone else to show you how to live your life, you may as well cuck up now.
>>
>>37810578
No one on here is entitled to help of any kind. That said, people try all the time. The response is nearly universal hostility.
>>
>>37812433
Holy shit fuck off. I am not an entitled whinefest that expects other people to fix my problems for me

I'm stranded in the middle of the desert and I want someone to point me the direction water is in
>>
File: the dumbest shit.jpg (37KB, 299x384px) Image search: [Google]
the dumbest shit.jpg
37KB, 299x384px
>>37810578
Are you legitimately retarded? Bunches of normies come here on a regular bases to help your ass and all you do is tell them to fuck off for offering "Normie" advice. They're giving you the right fucking answer, but like a fucking autist, you don't understand and think their full of shit. Here's a little question for you faggot, if you hate normies so much, WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU TRYING TO BECOME ONE?
>>
>>37811113
I'm not sure where you live, but in the United States at least the economy continues to grow at a relatively healthy pace, inflation is below target, wages are growing, and unemployment is the lowest its been since the dot com bubble.

You gotta give up these comforting lies. The "system" isn't the problem.
>>
>>37811704
I think asking what you want out of life is the wrong starting point. Let's start by taking stock of what you have and then assessing what you need, not what you want.

What are your accomplishments? What is yours?
>>
>>37811949
>mental illness is seen as an urban legend in the US because our government has doctored culture, partly through media but mostly through bureaucracy.

What does this statement mean?
>>
>>37812516
When I say "advice" I mean something vaguely astute or even relevant to my siduation. Not a moronic platitude like "b urself" that's only useful to someone with no actual problems that has never had to think about anything
>>
>>37812603
The government has killed the concept of having a mental illness by coming up with new statistics and data that suggests that everyone has a mental illness, to the point where people who have legitimate mental illnesses are not acknowledged. Part of it is the media's fault, and the other half is the bureaucratic system which strives to keep people from penetrating the system.

Something to that effect.
>>
>>37812622
Ok. what's your situation? Honestly, telling the truth really does set you free, but proceed.
>>
>>37812603
>pretends he doesn't see the hundreds "mental illnesses that dont exist" threads all over /r9k/ or /b/
>pretends he doesn't see someone post, "add is bullshit" at least once somewhere on the internet

i just had someone today tell me that they don't believe in ADD.

i mean im not surprised you're acting ignorant, after all you did green text quote "what did he mean by this XD?"
>>
>>37812659
I've never come to the conclusion that there is some kind "erasure" of mental illness in the United States. I think that mental illness is discussed pretty frequently in the American press. I at least certainly seem to see stories about mental illness quite a bit. It comes up in the context of explaining crime, unemployment, homelessness, addiction, suicide, etc. I can easily find examples in the mainstream press for any of those if you'd like.

To suggest that this "erasure", if it did exist, was the result of some government conspiracy is patently absurd. The question of what constitutes as mental illness is determined by the DSM which is published by the American Psychological Association. That's a private organization with no connection to the government.
>>
>>37812679
Start with the general robot sentiment that I'm divorced from other people for no reason I can identify or that anyone else wants to explain to me.

I have no friends. The most permanent companionship I can hope for is people saying "Hey" in passing
>>
>>37812795
who said anything about erasure?
it's not about it being talked about, it's about what's being done for it.
there's a stupidly low amount of mental health institutes open today compared to what there used to be, go ahead and research it.
i wouldn't even be talking about this shit if i didn't know what i was talking about.

it's someone with a neurological disorder versus some jackass on the internet, of course you don't want to hear about mental illness because you don't understand it.
>>
>>37812799
Have you actually tried finding a common ground with people. Like bonding over similar interests. You have to be able to relate to people. For some, sports is the solution. For others, videogames. Just find an activity you like, understand what exactly you like about it, find people who also like the same thing as you, exchange opinions and thoughts about interests, then branch out to other topic about each other to learn more about each other. Actually pretty simply once you break it down to words.

But iff your afraid to talk to people in person. Start with a chat room or something of that nature, then gradually work your up to face to face.
>>
>>37812494
You're misunderstanding. I'm not trying to be a dink about it, I'm saying that you have exactly three options, and nobody else can give you the answer you're looking for. Find a hobby. woodworking is easy, and cheap, I use skids from behind the hardware show near my house. Go to the gym. Try backpacking. try a hundred different things, and fail miserably at them. It's the only way to figure out what you want to do with yourself.

Or, join the military. they'll feed you, clothe you, and opint you in the direction they want you to shoot. You'll come out of it a ruined, traumatised alpha. chicks dig it.
>>
>>37812877
>Bonding over similar interests
There it is. There's the nothingness wrapped up as deliverance that normalfags love to hand out. The reality is that there are no fucking similar interests. I don't like drinking, partying, doing drugs, sports, television, gossip, or the vast majority of other "normal" interests. I loathe small talk and don't understand the appeal. You're likely going to respond to this and call me a selfish narcissist that only wants to talk about himself and his interests, but that's not true. I will engage people, as much as I am able to, even when talking about garbage I detest. Unfortunately, I have yet to encounter anyone I wasn't paying to reciprocate. Paying attention to your cellphone while I'm talking to you is gravely insulting.
>>
>>37813083
>The reality is that there are not fucking similar interests

Do you have anything you actually enjoy doing? If so, your not the only one m8. And the one's you listed aren't the only interests out there. You don't have to make small talk either, you want to voice your interests or opinions, voice your interests or opinions. You don't have to mince words. No one said you can't be straight to the point.
>>
>>37813138
>You can be curt and aloof and that's just fine!
>Oops! Did I leave out the part where the vast majority of people you meet will ostracize if you eschew "social norms" like that? My bad!
Every time.
>>
>>37812877
I've certainly tried. Nothing is permanent.

The amount I have tried has certainly wavered as it seems futile.

Thanks for the advice, though.
>>
>>37812885
What if that hobby is detested by everyone else?

What if it's not only detested but for a reason? What if it's making the world a worse place?

What if it's worse than doing nothing?
>>
>>37812874
Getting pretty belligerent. This is why there isn't much help offered to people here.

You clearly don't know as much about the subject as you think you do. You believe that the government is conspiring to rig statistics. That's demonstrably untrue and you've conveniently stopped mentioning it.

Let's move on to "mental health institutes". Again I'm forced to ask what you meant by this. Mental institutions? Yes, there are quite many fewer today than there used to be. But surely an expert in the subject would understand that this is a worthless measure of how seriously mental health is being taken. The policy of deinstitutionalization has changed the way mental health is treated. Drastically. The first world has closed down the majority of its insane asylums and moved to outpatient treatment whenever possible. Psychiatrists find that this results in better outcomes. It isn't to suggest that we've stopped treating mental illnesses. We spend more than $200,000,000,000 per year on treating mental health. Research it, jackass.

Now, let's conclude with my use of the term erasure. When you say that mental illness has been turned into a myth what exactly is your point? You acknowledge that people talk about it all the time, but do you know what they're saying? I can find you editorial after editorial arguing that we need to do more than we already do to treat mental health problems. I can find you argument after argument about how we need to take mental health more seriously. More seriously than committing $200 billion per year to it. What exactly is the myth they've turned it into? Why are we devoting countless think pieces and the GDP of a small nation to a myth? You said that the government had "killed the concept of mental illness." What is that if not effective erasure? What are you describing.
>>
>>37813174
No probs, although, what did you mean by nothing is permanent?
>>
On /ADV/ it looks like people care. I think very few normies know that 4chan is a thing.
>>
No. They make fun of us and detest us.
>>
>>37813168
>Vast majority of people you meet will ostracize if you eschew "social norms" like that

Have you ever considered the possibility that you're preaching to the wrong choir?
>>
Robots do not want to be helped, that's the problem. They want to be angry failures at life.
>>
>>37810578
There isn't really anything they can say. Your problems won't be solved without doing anything, and if someone gives advice that requires any effort on your part it will be interpreted as full on "bee urself just do it lol". The only thing accepted here is the pessimistic "yeah we're just fucked" outlook.
>>
>>37813185
Whelp, then you should likely find yourself some psychiatric help, 'cause you're making it sound like you kill animals for fun.

And you make it seem like you're unhappy, regardless of this evil terrible unspeakable hobby you've got. so obviously it ain't much of one. Gardening is fun.
>>
>>37813264
Not even the "we"re fucked" outlook but the "it's all the fault of the evil normies we dindu nothing".
>>
>>37813289
I hope you're right.

That's the boat I'm in. I can't describe to you how much I would like life to be as straightforward as you make it sound.
>>
>>37813138
>No one said you can't be straight to the point.
Why are you giving relationship advice if you've never talked to a girl?
>>
>>37813214
People. Nobody sticks with me.

There's something about me that's profoundly different from everyone else and they can and will pick up on it almost instantly.

That's what it means to be a robot in a nutshell. Divorced from other human beings on profound, seemingly irredeemable levels.
>>
File: 1493188163768.jpg (71KB, 763x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1493188163768.jpg
71KB, 763x1080px
>>37812795
>I think that mental illness is discussed pretty frequently in the American press
there is a large gulf between what is discussed in US media and the daily life and viewpoints of the people. This is why the 2016 election was a shock to the world. American's knew who was winning, even if the news didn't

As for the mental illness argument, most of the "care" is virtue signalling on the part of the wealthy and connected. They are the public face of the US. On a street level, mental illness (even physical illness) is seen as a severe dysfunction of character. In the afflicted, they see an individual who has failed the economic sink-or-swim test by his own volition. To acknowledge the factors outside of his control and their contribution to his state is to acknowledge icky things, and Americans do not like icky things

we are still a very spiritual people. I would guess most American's believe they have a soul (and who am I to say they don't?), but this fills them with a divine entitlement. If nothing bad was afflicted on them, well that means they must have done something right. If your life is shit, you did it to yourself. End of conversation
>>
File: 97555964.jpg (44KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
97555964.jpg
44KB, 600x800px
>>37813263
>"jus b urself :^)"
>go away
>"abloobloo robots dont want help"
>>
>>37813317
Have you ever tried being legitimately honest with a girl instead of trying to get in her pants?
>>
>>37810578
Everytime someone tries to help you faggots you respond with "REEEEEEEEEEEE NORMIE GTFO"
>>
>>37813332
Are you the type of person who waits until other people initiate a conversation with them?
>>
>>37813363
Yeah I don't start conversations very often
>>
>>37813254
This thread is about normalfags giving terrible advice, isn't it? Saying "simply converse the way you want and it will all be fine" when you know that is untrue isn't good advice. Adopting a fake persona because it's the only feasible way to have meaningful interaction with people is going to harm more than help.

The miserable truth is that some people will always be outcasts, and there does not appear to be any way to change this without deluding yourself into becoming someone you are not.
>>
File: 1475792324504.jpg (698KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1475792324504.jpg
698KB, 1080x1920px
>>37813264
>"yeah we're just fucked"
some of them are, there isn't a solution for every problem, and if there were, why would you have it?
>>
>>37813340
Let's remember what the original claim was. "Part of it is the media's fault, and the other half is the bureaucratic system which strives to keep people from penetrating the system."

The first half of that now seems to be acknowledged to be false so you're abandoning it. (The second bit remains meaningless gibberish.)

The care constitutes, as I've mentioned, $200 billion per year just in the United States. That amounts to a bit more than virtue signaling. Regardless of the why that money is provided (and most of it, by the way isn't donations by the cognoscenti, it's tax dollars) it still has a real benefit for real people.

But you've brought me neatly to the main point that I'm trying to make. You've described a catch 22 where no one can win. If people ignore mental health then they don't care about it. If they don't ignore it then they are just virtue signaling. There's a reason that you think this way. The problem is that this isn't really about mental health or treating it. It's about cultivating a comforting sense of grievance for yourself. Just as comforting as what you accuse other people of taking refuge in. My life is shit, therefore someone must have done this to me.
>>
File: IMG_0962.jpg (326KB, 1104x1862px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0962.jpg
326KB, 1104x1862px
>>37810578
Fully prepared to get shit on for this conversation.
>>
>>37813397
>The miserable truth is that some people will always be outcasts

Let's see... We have a group of normal people, and we have a group of outliers that don't fit the bill. What happens when the number of outliers exceeds the number of normal people?

>>37813393
If I had to guess, people probably don't stick around because you don't show a legitimate interest in them or the things they say. If you feel that someone you try to get to know cares nothing about you, why would you waste your time trying to get them to care when you could seek out others who actually would care?
>>
File: 1485379214437.jpg (885KB, 1280x888px) Image search: [Google]
1485379214437.jpg
885KB, 1280x888px
>>37813454
not the same guy, faggot. New challenger, and I am responding to only your comment. You give me figures, but 200 bill doesn't prescribe a pill or direct people to the facilities. It's way more complicated than your very simple viewpoint
>>
>>37813469

nice hip millennial with the times living it up on snap chat and 4chan talking to chicks making funny jokes nice
>>
>>37813497
What do you think the $200 billion does?
>>
>>37813483
>What happens when the number of outliers exceeds the number of normal people
Nothing, because this is so improbable as to be impossible.
>>
>>37813497
>>37813513
Better you start guessing and talking out your ass, why don't you read the original findings and then explain to me how you think the money is being wasted.

http://content.healthaffairs.org/content/early/2016/05/13/hlthaff.2015.1659
>>
>>37813525
>So improbable as to be impossible
Why don't you stop dodging the answer instead of assuming it can't happen.
>>
>>37813483
>What happens when the number of outliers exceeds the number of normal people?
Those aren't outliers. They are the normal people. By definition.
>>
File: 1476303565354.png (598KB, 777x1097px) Image search: [Google]
1476303565354.png
598KB, 777x1097px
>>37813513
I think it writes silly sings at night. Throwing money at a problem does not equal a societal admission of said problem. These people need to be acknowledged through community standards, which in terms of all illness in the US, is in the dark ages. You can't force this on people, but this is why so many, especially here, are lost. If they could wake up and go "look, the govt blowing a lot of money on this, I feel better already," then that might be a workable solution. But like most problems, money does not make this go away and there is no pill for societal rejection
>>
>>37811895
yeah bro i totally want to be an ugly, stupid, socially inept schizoid with constant suicidal thoughts.
its really a great time
>>
>>37813576
Exactly

Originalliaga
>>
File: IMG_4154.jpg (184KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4154.jpg
184KB, 1024x1024px
Watch based Zeus on youtube you faggot
>>
>>37810578

I don't come here as much anymore but I belong here in a way. I know very well the consistent pattern.

You won't like this, but it's true: people have to demonstrate a willingness to help themselves and to do for themselves in order to have any hope of engendering a sympathetic response from those around them. If the former is absent or negated, then it is actually rationally reasonable for anyone, or even normies, to infer that it is futile to attempt to help the person who refuses to help himself - what good would it do? It would be pissed away and come to nothing.

This is down to basic norms of individual human freedom as we now understand them - people are left to do their own thing, to a point.

Obviously all of the above can be fucked by the simple absence of the right looks, right parentage, right extroverted brain chemistry/mentality, etc, or money.

Add to this Muh Evolution common monkey jokes to justify behavior in terms of science these days and there you go. The Christian mission to try to help robots is obviated by materialism.

Probably the best thing that robots could do, would literally be to accept Christ, and I say this as an atheist who never will. What I mean by this is that you get to participate in still-popular and socially acceptable model which cares for the weak.
>>
>>37813576
Nope! Someone forgot their mean, median, and mode.
>>
Hate yourself for not trying more than you hate yourself for other things. This will force yourself to try to feel relief.

Consider moving. Its way easier to start anew than to change people's opinions.

Realize that people don't give a shit about you, they give a shit about themselves. This is a relief because it means that minor embarrassments to you aren't really something they give a shit about. If you ignore it they'll move on.

Relatedly read How to Win Friends and Influence People.

But yeah you are right that no one gives a shit. Somehow with all of the political bitching people just talk to their own facebook friends instead of talking to someone with different views, trying to convince anyone. The lack of reaching out to other communities is sickening. It should be considered the sign of a bad person, unfortunately it isn't.
>>
>>37813564
I don't even know what you're on about at this point. Are you suggesting that soon enough "awkwardness" will cease to be general anathema? That people will start welcoming the previously rebuked with open arms?
>>
>>37813585
Well no, it actually pays for doctors, prescriptions, facilities, etc. I'm not going to bother giving this a particularly long response because you're just speaking in vague generalities that aren't supported by fact.

My broader point still stands and in fact is getting reinforced. We spend more on mental health than on cancer, heart disease, or obesity. Clearly we're able to help a lot of people. Yet we aren't doing enough in your mind. Fine. I agree. But any calls to do more are just insincere virtue signaling. How do we win? The answer, I suspect, is that you don't want to win. You want to be a victim. So you've imagined some vague and unachievable state which in your mind would constitute a just world. Having convinced yourself that it's effectively a pipe dream you're content to give up.
>>
>>37813671
Give me a specific numeric example of what you're describing.
>>
>>37813706
Yes, that's already happening. Do you read the news? Videogames were once for outliers, now they're a normal thing. Do you see my point. It can happen with just about any activity under the right circumstances.
>>
>>37813351
>Have you ever tried being legitimately honest with a girl instead of trying to get in her pants?
Have you ever stopped being 13 long enough to consider if any human alive could feasibly be "never being legitimately honest with a girl"?
>>
>>37813755
So your saying you've tried, being truthful and straight to the point instead of dancing around your mistakes or lying to make a women happy?
>>
>>37813346
Nobody ever says "just bee urself" except robots.
>>
File: 1475027544320.png (974KB, 1000x1115px) Image search: [Google]
1475027544320.png
974KB, 1000x1115px
>>37813739
I'm painting in broad strokes because it helps to understand that a pie chart or balance sheet never kept the shotgun out of someone's mouth. Saying that there is a stigma against illness (fed by fear of biological fact) is not so much an admission of defeat as it is an acknowledgement of reality. This is not a winnable war, it is an ugly state

yes, people are trying to help and bless them for it. yes, it is acknowledged by bean counters, but this alone does not strip the affected in this thread of their bargaining rights

but go ahead and keep being pissingly dismissive, I'm sure it helps
>>
>>37813750
quick and dirty:
1 nigger
1 chink
1 eurofag
1 amerifag
3 true north masterrace
While the canadian champions are clearly ooutnumbered, they're also the normies of our little set.

Normies will get to be normies for a long time after we're outnumbered, strictly because you robots are too tied up with infighting.
>>
>>37813751
It's human instinct to shun those that cannot socialize well. It's not human instinct to shun those who play videogames.
>>
>>37813821
I'm not being dismissive. I'm trying to make a point that you've nearly arrived at. All of the help in the world can be made available. It won't make a bit of difference is someone doesn't avail themselves of it. It's pretty much universally acknowledged that mental health treatement is lacking in this country. Yet it clearly exists and it clearly helps millions of people every year. Clearly many people want more of it. What I object to is your fatalist attitude that it's effectively a lost cause. Wallowing in the ugliness of the current state of affairs helps no one. I will argue against anyone who describes the state as hopeless or as the deck stacked insurmountably against them. Not out of dismissivness. The exact opposite.
>>
>>37813881
And what if the majority can't socialize well? Is the minority simply going to ostracize the majority from their little group?
>>
>>37813751
>Videogames were once for outliers, now they're a normal thing

Video games have always been objectively mainstream and completely normal. You're utterly clueless for trying to claim otherwise and the exception of particularly nerdy or obscure games doesn't change that video games have been enormously popular since the moment they were invented.
>>
>>37813914
What if the sun flares up to tomorrow like never before and the solar ejecta strips away the atmosphere?
What if notch buys 4chan from Chinese moot tomorrow?
Why are we discussing things with infinitesimally small likelihoods?
>>
>>37810578
the term robot means "man whom help will not reach". A robot is a person beyond rescue, if you're still salvageable you're not a robot and that's a good thing. Normies come here to spew platitudes because they often work on the people that don't really belong, people who aren't robots, salvageable people, like women and attractive young men who fell for a meme.
>>
File: 1492304082873.png (1MB, 2504x3118px) Image search: [Google]
1492304082873.png
1MB, 2504x3118px
>>37813888
but for some, the situation will always be hopeless. This is the nature of the thing. That group may even be the majority, I won't make that claim unaided. The point is, stop blaming them as though they have some amotivational demon on their shoulder. Treat it as though it's a lost limb. Sure, you can live that way, but the handicap will build a mountain of a stigma, and even the best mental health care for some will serve no better than a prosthetic limb.

they wallow because that is part and parcel with mental illness. You're nearly saying "the first step in treating mental illness is to not have it." I know you don't think you are, but if you understood the thing better, you would know that the defeatism and lack of will is the very thing they are fighting against, not the solution
>>
>>37814002
I agree almost entirely with your first paragraph. You lose me completely in the second. I'm saying only that the first step in treating mental illness is acknowledging that it is possible, even in our ugly society, to treat it. To defy the comforting belief that the world is conspiring to keep you sick.

I hate to bring this up it feels like a cheap shot, but I will at least point it out. At one point I received a formal diagnosis of obsessive compulsive disorder and generalized anxiety disorder. Took medication for the later for a number of years, though I no longer do. I don't particularly mind the repeated insinuations that I'm talking about something I have no firsthand knowledge of, but it's factually untrue.
>>
>>37810578
This board led to the decline of 4chan as a whole. You are lucky everyone here wasn't round up and thrown from black helicopters.
>>
>>37813083
You may hate small talk, but it's a lynchpin of socializing. Small talk is a way for people to feel each other out and determine if you're crazy or retarded.

I know it sucks, but if you want friends then small talk is necessary as a point of entry.
>>
File: 1497702022033.jpg (287KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1497702022033.jpg
287KB, 2000x2000px
>>37814252
that was big, I appreciate it. However, it does inform me of the foundation on which your stance is built. You sound as though you played the game and got the good ending. Maybe you thought that was the only ending, but there is a bad ending, and for some they will reach that however skillfully and with whatever aid the play with. OCD and anxiety are no less hellish than major depression, but the genesis of depression is where they differ, as it can be rooted in trauma and, most importantly, rejection. These people may not believe that forces are conspiring against them, but they are sick nonetheless

quid pro quo, I fell into a three year bout of major depression due to chronic illness. My state rejected the federal funds of the ACA (as they were allowed to do) and set up their own exchange. For my physical illness, this proved priceless, however the mental illness was and continues to be shrugged. I was told numerous times to "live with it" and to "suck it up." I was told this by doctors at one of the most respected medical institutions in the world. Am I still here, sure, but I'm not better, rather I'm handicapped from the experience

my point is, the forces at hand were completely external and I played no part in the avoidance of suicide. Circumstances improved, no thanks to the federal govt or are broken system. But I didn't get off of the floor because I decided to, I got off the floor because the situation allowed me to

that should tell you about where I'm coming from
>>
>>37810578

No one gives a shit dude.

Not even your fellow robots care about you. You mean nothing even to the people who should relate the most.
The people hear would watch you die and repost it endlessly just for a lol.
>>
>>37814587
*our broken system

ha, [spolier]I'm retarded[/spoiler]
>>
We're beyond help. It's all over for us. We are just biding our time until sweet release of death comes to visit. It will be our time soon, nobody is coming to save us.
>>
>>37814508
It's not necessary at all. People are entirely capable of character analysis without resorting to talking about banal tripe. Besides, it doesn't even function for the purpose you described. Insane fucks and sociopaths are often good at socializing.
>>
File: CaD9Ma7UMAAJFBXs.png (246KB, 384x512px) Image search: [Google]
CaD9Ma7UMAAJFBXs.png
246KB, 384x512px
>>37810578
There's not much anyone could do to help really at least not for me, I know exactly what it would take to get to a position in life where people at least think I'm acceptable and not pathetic. I wouldn't be happy but that's a problem only i can solve isn't it?
>>
I try to help people sometimes, but I mostly get the backlash that I'm not robot enough.

I was a robot for 20 years, i was able to make a radical change that helped me in many ways, developed an anxiety disorder, everything fell apart, and now I'm more or less back where I started.
>>
>>37810578
>People know this place exist
They really don't.
>We're constantly on the front page of /r/4chan and Funnyjunk
So only slightly less robot like people but still not normies
>I've seen many separate instances of news outlets talking about this place
Mostly ignored by the actual normies
>>
>>37810578

>dat false sense of solidarity

how new are you?
most people here aren't even robots
just regular channers waiting for le funny green story
>>
>>37813340
oh shit nigga that pic is hot as fugg gimme the source NAO because I'm too lazy to reverse image search
>>
>>37813972
The term robot refers to someone who is a robot by choice. Nobody here was born a robot. And many will leave robothood one day.
>>
>>37814305
how did this board lead to a decline of 4chinks, i don't follow
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.