[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the importance of empathy?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: Empathy.jpg (39KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Empathy.jpg
39KB, 800x450px
What is the importance of empathy?
>>
>>37810130
there's literally none. you're just setting yourself up to be cucked emotionally by most people.
>>
>>37810130

You are crazy. Are you drunk?
>>
It's nothing more than a leftist buzzword.
>>
When shared between people in your in-group, it promotes cohesion and stability.

When extended to your out-group, it leaves you vulnerable to exploitation.
>>
>>37810130
parasyte does a decent job covering this topic
>>
so you can love your neighbor as yourself to fall in accordance to the will of god and not be tormented for all eternity.
>>
>>37810170
i agree with this most normies do not really feel empathy towards people other than themselves because they are selfish pieces of shit.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzPMMSKfKZQ
This I guess
>>
>>37810151
>>37810175
>setting yourself up to be cucked emotionally by most people.
>leaves you vulnerable to exploitation.
How so?
>>37810156
I don't believe I'm crazy.
>>
>>37810196
I watched it, but I didn't come out with anything new.
>>
>>37810200
if you have emapthy youre theoretically lending your compassion to other people. people take advantage of that compassion by using it as a utility to further their personal pursuits

anon1
>i dont have a place to live
anon 2
>let me help you
>lets anon 1 stay with him for free
anon 1
>gets comfy and forces anon 2 to kick him out
>>
>>37810200
>How so?

>show empathy to person who has no reason to care about you
>they do not show empathy back
>>
People won't give any to me so why should I give any to them? Life isn't fair and there is no cosmic force tallying up the good and bad acts to reward the unfortunate when they die. Fuck everyone and especially normalfags.
>>
>>37810301
>>37810325
If It's as you say, why do people consider such a honorable trait to have? Are there any cases that having it would be useful?
>>
>>37810389
>why do people consider such a honorable trait to have?
Because Jews know it can be used to destroy us, so they memed it into being a virtue.

>Are there any cases that having it would be useful?
In a high-trust, cohesive society.
>>
>>37810426
If it's such a bad deal in our current society, why would people still have some? Excluding religious reasons. Also, what reason would Jews have to making it a virtue?
>>37810369
>People won't give any to me so why should I give any to them?
To be a better person? Or does having empathy make you a worse person?
>>
>>37810506
>to be a better person
That's not going to help me. Why would I do something that isn't going to benefit me AT ALL? Not mentally, physically, financially, or emotionally.
>>
>>37810506
>>If it's such a bad deal in our current society, why would people still have some?
Because it's been forced onto us that it's one of the highest virtues.

>Also, what reason would Jews have to making it a virtue?
Because it makes us weaker and easier to exploit.
>What's that, goyim? You don't want to invite violent 3rd world savages into your country? Where's your empathy? Look at this staged picture of a sad brown child! Don't you feel empathy for him?
>>
>>37810568
>>37810532
I guess these are valid points. I'll think about it a little more

Thank you.
>>
empathy is the only route to understanding
understanding is the only route to progress
progress is the only route to survival
survival is the only route to revenge
revenge is the only route to regret
regret is the only route to empathy
>>
>>37810130
None I've had problems with it since I was young and I've done ok
>>
>>37810506
>why would people still have some?
They don't you fucking preteen
>>
Robots are here because they lack empathy while secretly desiring it above anything else.
>>
>>37810130
The purpose of empathy is to keep normies under control, otherwise they'd be killing and murdering all over the place.
>>
>>37810130

It's the only thing that stands between humans and pointless suffering.

Well, that and a healthy dose of nihilism. You really do need to remember that one day you'll be dead and your entire life will have been largely pointless, with the only exception that feels real being what you left behind for others to appreciate.

Which itself is fake because you won't be conscious to appreciate it, but it has a certain appeal regardless. It feels right.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.