[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

new game

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: asdf.jpg (328KB, 1100x793px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
328KB, 1100x793px
hello

I am developing an mmo

I have been working on parts of it for two years

It will likely be 5 - 10 years more before the game is ready

It's a medieval-ish fantasy game that will make use of several currently-emerging technologies like VR and hardware-accelerated ray tracing that will be improved over the course of development time

I am creating several original and innovative game mechanics, such as more enjoyable leveling and skill systems and things like dynamic quest generation and self-improving boss AI

The game will be designed to combat data mining and wiki-reliance, so as to create a focus on actually exploring and enjoying the content

If you want to be part of the early community, post a throwaway email here and I will contact you from [email protected]

include a username in your post, dubs and higher get username reservation
>>
Hmm. Ive been a developing one too and its slow and annoying but hey whatever. Would you be interested in working with another dev who has a couple of people working on it? Just wondering.
>>
develop an hero niggar
>>
post some pr00f
>>
>>37808420
>it will likely be 5-10 years before it is ready
DONT BOTHER
O
N
T

B
O
T
H
E
R
>>
>>37808591
Maybe, it depends
Email me details

>>37808690
what

>>37808708
I mean, if you want a picture of a binder stuffed with loose paper, folders, and notebooks I can do that
>>
>>37808837
Do you have a working engine? how far are you from one
>>
>>37808837
>I mean, if you want a picture of a binder stuffed with loose paper, folders, and notebooks I can do that
yes, do that
>>
>>37808875
a few years from any sort of playable thing
the design phase is very important, so im taking my time with it.

too many games that should have been good turned out bad because they didnt take the time to flesh everything out beforehand and ended up being cancelled or generic because they lost their direction

the design phase should only be another year or two. after that I will probably start on the server code and such. I can't really make the engine until a few of the emerging technologies I'll be using mature a bit, which will take a few years. VR in a few years will likely have different rendering processes optimized for it. The current way is actually really ugly and poorly optimized for the technology

Ray tracing is even further off from where it needs to be. The world's average network latency isn't optimal yet, and it is currently unclear what graphics apis are going to be the best

I could just do the engine now and modify it when the tech is ready, but I want this to be specifically tailored to create the absolute best experience.

When the game releases, I want it to be the "best of the best" for the technology at that time. Too many mmos are outdated before they even release
>>
[email protected]

I can wait
>>
File: 1497696446555.png (64KB, 554x400px) Image search: [Google]
1497696446555.png
64KB, 554x400px
>>37808420
IT NEEDS MORE PARTY ROCK
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.