[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why am I not respected?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.gif (174KB, 299x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
174KB, 299x240px
>outcast of the family
>if anything happens, it's blamed on me
>I'm the sole cause for all the "stress" in the family despite doing nothing but go to school, go to friends houses occasionally, and sit in my room
>cousins don't like me while my brothers fit in with them flawlessly
>only one of them puts up with me, but talks to everyone else too

With friends
>constantly ragged on for being bad at vidya even though usually I'm not the lowest scoring person there
>if we're playing a sport or a game, no one wants to be on my team
(one friend in particular starts the majority of the insults)

Is there some way I'm acting that provokes this? and why do my friends do this?
>>
>>37808062
>Is there some way I'm acting that provokes this? and why do my friends do this?
Your acting like a beta bitch
>>
>>37808084
How specifically though? Oregann
>>
How the fuck should know the reason why? We're not there when it happens, we don't know who you or those people are.
>>
>>37808147
Maybe there's someone here that's good at understanding human behavior and why people act certain ways. I know it's specific to each person but there may be some general things.
>>
>>37808204
Alright. Let's start off easy.
>outcast of family
Problem Number One -
Your family has a bad impression of who you are, they dislike you and blame you for things because you didn't/don't connect with them. Because you haven't tried to talk to them and build better relationships they inherently dislike you.

Because you recieve hate from those you believe you can trust most (ie, family) you become more of a beta male.
This leads to problem two.
Problem Number Two -
Because you are a beta male your friends, (being males themselves) would seek to take advantage of that whether they think it or not. They will assert their dominance by belittling you on a subject you believe you are talented at. And also since you are not the worst it is safe to assume that the ones worse than you would be the ones trying to get everybody else to gang up on you.

If this is a correct assumption then this proves you brought this on yourself.

R.I.P - Anon
Killed by Yourself
>>
>>37808204
Quite simply you lose the game of will, more often than not, and because you're not capable of scrounging up a persona that is capable of influencing and directing power in social settings you become a vacuum in scenarios where other do and in that vacuum you catch BS because you don't have the will to defend yourself as a character, and not a reaction

That means don't defend yourself from these claims, because that would just be a reaction. But you should try, iunno, not being a beta bitch?
>>
>>37808351
How can I fix it? I don't really mind about the family that much, because I've tried to connect with them and am put down so can't control it.
How can I assert my dominance on those friends (particularly the few that ARE better than me at things I could use to compete with)
>>
>>37808455
If you want to throw your loser friends under the bus, it is a valid option.
When they try to attack you for being bad a vidya, or better yet before, say that soandso are worse at vidya. Give them clear factors "soandso has far less points/lives/whothefuckcares"

Another option is acting more alpha, take charge of the situation. Be the one who tells the group what to do and when to do it. Tell them but at first don't try to drastically throw their influence. Start of small, influence their thoughts through small suggestions. Then over time make these suggestions more like commands until they build up respect for your words.
>>
>>37808559
What if they don't listen to me? Like, if i make a suggestion I'm mostly just ignored. Same with if I say soandso is clearly worse than me.
>>
>>37808648
Fucking time to get new friends or somehow become the centre of attention.

I'm not a miracle worker anon, I'm a guy with a keyboard.
>>
>>37808648
You have to somehow be more sure of yourself, and not seem so heavily influencable. note that these are two separate goals. make suggestions when they're open to it, be prepared to back it up without "defending" it
>>
Are these online friends or IRL friends? If online, you can always find a new group. They sound mean.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.