[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think life is worth living?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: pepe.jpg (8KB, 235x215px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
8KB, 235x215px
Do you think life is worth living?
>>
Only some lives are worth living.
>>
>>37797613
Life is not worth living. Suicide is also not worth it, since you always kill yourself too late.
>>
Youre born to live even if youre doing shit just ho
its worth a chance
>>
it depends, if you treat it as one big board you can shitpost on without any fear. i think its worth it
>>
>>37797613
Life is strange. Sometimes I feel like it's not, other times I feel like it is. My life is way too unpredictable to end it though, that's why I haven't killed myself yet.
>>
File: 1493468340770.jpg (30KB, 612x491px) Image search: [Google]
1493468340770.jpg
30KB, 612x491px
not really, life as 99% of other organisms definitely not.

as for humans, it depends what human you get designated, if you end up ugly, poor or stupid (probably 90% of us) then no its also not worth living.

if youre lucky and end up attractive and wealthy then yeah its worth living but you're living at the cost of the 90% eating shit so interpret that how you will.
>>
>>37797765
Sounds like something houllebecq would say
>>
>>37797613

If I didn't I wouldn't be here anymore.
>>
Every single life is a unique experience
I know it sounds like "everyone is unique" bullshit, but there is some to it
Once you start trying to piece together why you have certain ideas and feelings that you've had nearly your whole life, you'll see their roots have affected you in quite a lot of different ways that you couldn't even have imagined
That annoying quirk of yours that you never understood suddenly makes sense, because of something you were told or happened to you as a child

It's actually kind'a intriguing trying to unfold these sort of sides about yourself, and you'll feel a lot better about yourself too, once you unveil some of these things
>>
Thinking about living life through the lens of "worth" just seems silly to me

Most people experience their share of pleasure and pain over the course of their lifetimes, but obviously the instinctual drive for self-preservation keeps most people living their natural lifespans.

Some people face such an onslaught of pain for whichever reason that they kill themselves, others have persevered through events like the Holocaust and being sent to labor camps in Siberia. There's no externally determined "worth", just how people exert control over their own lives in the face of adversity and pleasure doled out in mixed parts.
>>
File: 1833412-mad_hatter_2.jpg (340KB, 529x652px) Image search: [Google]
1833412-mad_hatter_2.jpg
340KB, 529x652px
>>37797613

It all depends on who you ask

If you have high quality of life, meaning you got lucky and have decent looks and are smart than sure...

Life in a broad sense can't be valued, you see people mostly live their own version of life, their vision of reality is shaped by their environment and who you are.

We aren't as much citizens of planet earth but rather citizens of our stupid little communities and the part of the world we inhabit

Life is shaped by time period, who you are, your environment etc...

-

What it all comes down to *objectively* is individuality, it is indeed survival of the fittest, meaning those who ADAPT, not who's the fast or the strongest per se.

If you got lucky genetically and have no predisposition to be "unhappy" you should live a life "worth living"

TL;TR

So it's about life quality = shaped by who you are

People who say that you have a choice and that you can create the life you want, are deluded and don't know what they're talking about, their perception of life isn't pure, it's biased !

Than again in order to substance a healthy life people constantly regress, project, repress their own reality in order to move on.

Because the truth is there is no meaning and there is no universal reward for living, other than the bullshit we make our self believe, like artificial stuff, it comes down to ego and a need for recognition.

That's why were social beings etc.... Life is meaningless , absurd and utterly banal,

so life isn't worth living unless you make up some bullshit lie
>>
>>37797613
Strange, I was just thinking this exact wording.
In general, yes. For me, no.
>>
Life itself is beautiful and worth experiencing, its just my life that isnt worth living
>>
>>37797613
>Its better to be a fake somebody than a real nobody

How do you feel about that OP?
>>
>>37798626

Not Op but that's pretty much the same thing, if you think about it
>>
fuck no

i want to just fall over dead so muvh but dont wanna have to take evasive action and shoot myself.

yesterday my parents had some guests over and they were talking about a guy who died and my mom was like "he was related to so and so by so and so" and i wasnlike "ive heard it like 5 times" and she said "okay smartass" and i just remeber hearing it in the past and i can run stuff in thenground but if i tell her the same shit over again shell tell me. i apoligised but she wasnlike "that was rude whatbwould the guests have said to their son if he said that to them"

honestly i dont like my parents at all, half the time theyre all happy and stuff and i never do anythibg, never drink, not loud, never go to parties and still they always used to bitch about lotsbof shit and say stuff like why cant you boys get along like your cousins, but she always shit talks them too

i seriously hate life even though its not bad its just boring and empty. inwant to not wake up, my head always feels claustrophobic
>>
>>37798626
That's just a straight-up lie.
>>
>>37798739

Seriously, learn how to fuckin spell and form coherent sentences first
>>
>>37798754
lol im not saying i agree with it, but its relevant to OP's dilemma. Its from "The Talented MR.Ripley" The movie is based around this theme and it concludes that its better to be a real nobody if i member correctly.
>>
>>37797634
this is the only right and correct answer that Im glad to see posted as the first reply
>>
My current life is not worth living at all, I mean the only enjoyment I get is sleeping. The only reason I am alive is 90% I am scared to kill myself and 10% I have little hope for the future.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.