[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

reddit spacing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

what the fuck is this meme of "reddit spacing"?

apparently spacing your posts like this is considered reddit now? that is retarded because i've been using this website for over 10 years and this was literally never an issue. in fact if you DIDN'T space your posts, people would complain that you typed a wall of text
>>
>>37791402
The site has almost no oldfags now. It is literally a bunch of angsty teens who think they found a home
>>
File: 1373313372608.png (107KB, 841x797px) Image search: [Google]
1373313372608.png
107KB, 841x797px
You

Cant

Do

This

But
You
Can
Do
This

Really makes you think
>>
Yeah, but that's retarded, and here's why.
It's to do with literacy in general. Remember books? You wouldn't need to indent twice if your clauses only need communicate one overarching idea.

Now would be an acceptable time to indent twice, because my previous set of clauses had nothing to do with calling OP a fag.
>>
>>37791471
>Oldfag
This meme needs to die
Why do oldfags have this gay attitude of superiority its not a reddit account where I care about age of the account
>>
>>37791402
Says the redditor with an instameme pic related. If you're an oldfag what is r@n?
>>
File: Plight.gif (2MB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Plight.gif
2MB, 600x600px
it's just a bunch of previously insulted faggots who still don't fit in trying to fit in by promoting tribalism
>>
>>37791402

Just filter reddit.

Any post containing the word Reddit is generally shit content. This thread included.

Think about it, when would a good reply ever need this word?
>>
>>37791494
because new people are shit and fucking suck maybe?
>>
File: Abortion+-+acorn+-+oak+tree+1.jpg (216KB, 1530x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Abortion+-+acorn+-+oak+tree+1.jpg
216KB, 1530x1600px
>>37791613
confessed newfag, how do you filter?
>>
File: IMG_0874.jpg (202KB, 800x607px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0874.jpg
202KB, 800x607px
>>37791402
>10 years now
You're an idiot
PSA
What faggots like you need to get is that using 4chan for x years is meaningless. What matters is if you are also using Reddit. That's the fucking problem. There's a huge portion of people who go on both sites and that's the problem. I'd take a new tag who hates Reddit over an oldest who lurks Reddit and here anyday.
>>
reddit spacing was literally started by redditors that came here

its stupid fuckin bullshit ive been typin this way for years and only since these retarded reddit faggots came in theyre tryin to tell me im fuckin wrong?? id straight up punch someone in the face for doin that irl
>>
>>37791941
the problem is stupid faggots like u dont look at the content of a post they just see some line breaks and go DURRRR REDDIT SPACING

all u faggots keep on tellin each other 4channers go to reddit or whatever, but the ONLY ones bringing """""""REDDIT CULTURE"":"""""" into 4chan ARE THE FUCKING RETARDS THAT WONT STOP FUCKING BRINGING IT UP

THERE IS NO SUCH FUCKING THING AS """"REDDIT SPACING"""

ONLY A GENUIN FUCKING REDDITOR WOULD SAY SOMETHING THAT GOD DAMN STUPID
>>
>>37791479
Both look stupid in my opinion.
>>
>>37792004
When did I say I think Reddit spacing is real or talk about it? Please show me where I said that.
>>
>>37792014
stop bein an obtuse faggot what fuckin thread did u post in retard? the thread about reddit spacing? yes u fuckin did what else would u be talkin about?

>I'd take a new tag who hates Reddit over an oldest who lurks Reddit and here anyday.

when u say this, what you are saying is you would take someone that absolutely ABHORS what fuckin spastic faggots such as you believe is ":":"reddit spacing"::":"" no matter WHAT they post

WHICH IS WHY I REPLIED WITH THIS:

>the problem is stupid faggots like u dont look at the content of a post they just see some line breaks and go DURRRR REDDIT SPACING

now go back act like a fuckin faggot at ur local queer bbq or whatever the fuck they do these days
>>
>>37792089
Can you imagine being this mad?

I mentioned a different part of his post that had nothing to do with spacing. Go take your meds dude.
>>
>>37792103
>durrr he said a bad word and used capslock for EMPHASIS he must be ANGRY!!

how about u reply with a bit of substance dude not just "i mentiond a different part of his post hurr durr durr" dude ur posting in the REDDIT SPACING THREAD

u can keep on talkin ur stupid jive ass bullshit man but that dont change dick ur 1 of those fuckin retards that go all over 4chan and reply to people SPECIFICALLY to say stupid shit like REDDIT SPACING DURRRR
>>
>>37792136
I'm not at all. You're assuming and projecting like crazy and I can't believe how mad you are.
>>
>>37792157
you are accusing me of projecting and being crazy while you are literally the only one here projecting that I am crazy and angry? do u need see the hypocrcies in literally all of ur posts in this thread? are you seriously that fuckin blind to the things that you yourself tpye out? do u at least re-read over ur posts a MINIMUM of once before u hit that fuckin post button? maybe u should start dumbass
>>
>>37792171
Oh now I get it this is bait. Ok you got me.
>>
>>37792207
this isnt bait u retarded fuck im just tryin to teach you a thing or two about the bullshit you perpetuate, this retarded fucking
""""""

REDDIT

SPACING

""""""

SHIT

ur so fuckin stupid
>>
If you're browsing on a computer, then the text in posts goes across the entire screen.

Because of that, if you are making long posts and don't use Reddit spacing, it becomes much harder to read because you have to drag your eyes from the right side of the screen, to the left, then try and figure out what line you were reading.

Because of that, I'm more likely to read posts that use reddit spacing. And that means if I want people to read my posts, it's better if I use reddit spacing, too.

People are also more likely to read posts that aren't responding to people
>>
>>37792207
sorry man i know this is the depressed board please dont kill yourself goes for anyone else reading my posts and think they may apply to them also u dont gotta die for what u have done just stop posting about reddit spacing
>>
>>37792236
STOP CALLING IT REDDIT SPACING YOU FUCKWAD YOUR JUST PERPETUATING IT

THEYRE CALLED FUCKIN LINE BREAKS
>>
>>37791402
>using

>this

>website

>for

>over

>10

>years

But has an instagram meme yeah fuck off redditor
>>
Nobody with real problems would care
>>
>>37792238
I haven't said a word about spacing and never will.

>>37792217
Again read above. I'm not the one saying those things. Seriously caonsider telling your therapist to up your meds.
>>
>>37792284
how about u stop replying now that uve realised ur wrong?

also dont kill urself sorry again my dude
>>
>>37791402
It's just a stupid meme.
>>
>>37791494
newcuck you have no power here
>>
Reddit is the objectively superior site and autists who got rightfully downvoted for their completely terrible posts are angry and absolutely hate it
>>
>>37793748
What power do oldfags have lmao
>>
>>37793779
Bait, but I'll bite. The problem with reddit is that it's a perpetual circlejerk of stale memes, stale jokes, and stale content.The upvote system promotes "trendiness" over quality, which is why you'll never see reddit produce something original or new.
>>
>>37795025
The problem with 4chan is that it's a perpetual circlejerk of stale memes, stale jokes, and stale content.

The upvote system in fact promotes quality when used right. Even if you're right, anything is better than a stream of shit like archaic 4chan at least
>>
>>37795025
It's tyranny of the majority. Downvotes are the Achilles heel of reddit. "Karma" on internet forums/communities has always been cancerous but if it's going to be implemented they should do away with downvotes that allow unpopular opinions and posts to be hidden from view.

Also the mods are usually 90% cancer.
>>
>>37795130
that's not a problem

change is usually bad
>>
>>37795144
downvotes are meant only for hiding irrelevant replies and/or complete shitposts
karma does not matter on reddit at all
>>
>>37791489
>indent
anon, we need to talk...
>>
>>37791494
>This meme needs to die

How cute, the newfag is upset about being new. How about you lurk some more and stop shitting up everything you touch.
>>
>>37791494
Because shit were done back in the day.
>>
>>37795250

This. Back then it was about doing things, not just being a fucking moron.
>>
File: autism.jpg (34KB, 529x270px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
34KB, 529x270px
>>37791402
>apparently spacing your posts like this is considered reddit now?

Why do you care?

I've been shitposting here for years and I'll write my posts however I want no matter how many times Normalfags, Newfags and even Oldfags cry about it.

If they want me to stop, they'll have to give me a sound reason for not doing so. "Reddit does it" is not one of them.
>>
>>37792236
Paragraphs aren't reddit dipshit.

Reddit formatting smooshes togeather text if you don't use line breaks

So redditors type like this out of habit.
>>
File: line breaks.png (149KB, 1132x546px) Image search: [Google]
line breaks.png
149KB, 1132x546px
Its not about spacing your posts properly. Its about people adding unnecessary line breaks. I think the problem is that they don't expand their message field and thus they think that they need to add the break. For example when I'm typing this with the message field in the default size it looks like a wall of text, but when I post this message (or just expand the message field), it will take very little space on the screen and be easily readable. Mobileposters (for the most part) obviously cannot expand their message field and are prone to adding unnecessary line breaks. You aren't meant to put an empty line after every single line. Its a crutch used by people who cannot write anything longer than a text message to make their worthless posts look longer.

Posters like >>37792252, >>37795280 and >>37795208 just want to make their posts seem longer than they actually are.

>inb4 someone with an overly sensitive return key gets angry at me just because I try to analyze why people do something
>>
>>37795511

>he hasn't bought a 4chan pass

Pleb.
>>
>>37795539
I don't dump stuff often enough to justify having one. I also don't see how the topic of this conversation has anything to do with me having a 4chan pass or not.
>>
>>37795511
You have autism, has anyone ever told you that?
>>
>>37791402
>Caring this much about being called reddit
Literally the easiest way to rile up any user on any board.
>>
>>37795589
Atleast I'm trying to figure out why people do it instead of just screeching about "muh reddit".
>>
>>37795511
your post is m,ore wortholess than mine u fuckin faggot

do u want me to put a word count under every post?

are u sure ur not just projectin on me? like maybe u feel insecure about ur short posts or somethin?

ive never EVER heard of anyone sayhin anythin like u man thats just fuckin stupid honestly its an anonymous image board there is NO reason to feel asahamed that u didnt write a 1000 word paragraph or some bullshit

i put a lin ebreak whenever my train of thought changes it breaks up what im thinking and gives the person reading bette insight into my posts

so u sitting here cryin that UR posts arent long enough or whatever, thats ur stupid fuckin problem man

200 words 1,029 characters

9 line breaks

eat my ass u retarded fuckin faggot rofl no one cares about u cryin bout ur autistic wall of text or whatever if u seriously have a problem with the way ppl post on an anonymous forum what u need to do is find another forum that is as well regulated as u like so people will conform to ur retarded fuckin ideas cunt

in short ur too fuckin autistic to read into anyone elses postin behaviour
>>
>>37795570

The time you spend typing captchas, in terms of money, is many times over buying a pass.
>>
>>37795679
I use the legacy text captcha. Takes me around 5 seconds. No biggie.
>>
>>37795712

Add them up. For a year.
>>
This has only become an issue (I use that word lightly) within the last few weeks. It's just some hot new meme. Everyone has been using spacing like that since forever, even on 4chan. I'm pretty convinced anyone getting mad over "reddit spacing" is probably fresh off of reddit because it has literally never been an issue before, maybe if they weren't retarded teenagers they might remember back when something called "forums" were popular and people commonly typed like that? idk man
>>
>>37795824

YOU REDDIT-SPACER-LOVER!

YOU REDDIT-SPACER-ENABLER!
>>
>>37795824
I'm glad it has a name now, it has always been one of my nitpicks about how people post.
>>
>>37795843
>being so butthurt that you resort to false flag shitposting
>>
>>37795868

I was being funny.
>>
Why the fuck do people on this site type like they're illiterate monkeys? I damn well know we are all more than capable of:
>be me
>bathroom
>shit
>wash hands
>winder what ate
>no eat

I fucking hate this shit.
>>
>>37796926
Greentexting is a tradition, but when people use it like that it is unbearable
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.