[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quitting smoking live thread - This time for real

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: 1459558214871.jpg (50KB, 750x738px) Image search: [Google]
1459558214871.jpg
50KB, 750x738px
Approximately 36 hours since my last cigarette.
>>
Good job, keep it up, Anon!
>>
>>37790034
I quit a few weeks ago. Didn't have any issues except for falling asleep. But that just makes me want to get over it more. I don't like the idea of someone or something having control over me without my explicit consent.
>>
>>37790034
I don't envy you, fuck. Good luck. Get onto that nicotine spray, seems the best option. Still costs a bit but it's not harmful.
>>
You should celebrate your momentous victory by having another.
>>
i start to rage like a retarded when im out of cigarettes
>>
is that it, you felt the need to share that
>>
File: 1483417076199.jpg (62KB, 447x686px) Image search: [Google]
1483417076199.jpg
62KB, 447x686px
Smoking right now design. Wish I could quit but it's one of the only things that keeps me going
>>
>>37790495
>used to be 270lbs
>lost 40 or so pounds in the two years since I started smoking
>afraid if I quit I'll get even fatter again
>also don't want to cut my life short due to lung cancer
>probably die of fat anyway but at least I'll be aesthetic
I really just have to start eating right/taking supplements/getting medicated for this apparent disorder I have.
>>
>>37790585
You could always go for an ecig, and step down the nicotine level over time.
>>
>>37790034
>having trouble to quit smoking

I smoked 10 cigs a day for 3 years. Then I came out of my teens and just quit cold turkey. Get willpower faggot.
>>
>>37790585
>>37790593
I have one. also tried nicotine gum. the nicotine isn't the problem. it's the feeling of lighting/smoking a cigarette. nothing comes close to it. I have an addictive personality and an oral fixation/anxiety (hence being fat). I'll chew a whole pack of gum in a single day if it didn't make me hungry as fuck.
>>
>>37790637
>I have anxiety! that's why I'm fat! Nothing is ever my own fault wuaah!

Back to tumblr porky
>>
>>37790684
I'm not saying someone put a gun to my head and eat. I'm saying I have an actual problem. hence the smoking as well. I'm not shifting blame.
>>
>>37790637
Ok. So smoking gives you the same sensation as eating?
>>
I don't smoke cigarettes because I have self control. I wonder how that makes you feel? To have absolutely no willpower compared to a bot?
>>
>>37790692
just stop smoking. It's that simple. You don't succeed at doing it because you think it's hard.
>>
>>37790731
basically, yeah. Same reason I used to smoke weed and drink. They're all different types of highs. I could be doing better through just willpower but that wouldn't do enough to help the other shit I have to deal with like a short attention span, mood swings, awful sleeping habits, and an awful temper, which feed into getting high/eating to keep myself in check. It's a vicious cycle that a couple of other people in my family struggle with.

>>37790743
with that mindset you can do literally anything. too bad that's not how 99.9999% of people work.
>>
>quitting something that I enjoy. The lung cancer is just a bonus
>>
>>37790807
You're right people can do most things. Fuckin almonds.

Stop being a fatty (this means eat like a normal human bean)

Stop being a degenerate (this means don't buy cigarettes and don't light them up)

It's literally that easy
>>
i've been on and off cigarettes for most of my adult life, a couple of years on then a couple of years off

quitting is actually pretty easy if you're destitute, after a fortnight you just stop caring, but every time i come back into employment or money i end up smoking again

;_;
>>
>>37790585
Just throw up after you eat and then you can have whatever you want!
>>
>>37790034
If you can go for 48, you have the mental capacity to quit forever
>>
>>37790034
gl, it helps you not get winded as fast.
which helps you get in shape
which helps create the illusion you aren't a r9k!

>first step to tricking a girl into thinking you're dateable
>kek, surprise bitch!!
>>
why dont you take up vaping?

i never smoked but i vaped for 1.5 months. it was okay.... i liked the nicotine but i live in a small apartment where i share a kitchen with others and it probably bothered them so i stopped. i dont need my living situations unsettled because of a unnecessary smoking habit

still, i heard a lot of ppl recommended vaping as an alternative to smoking. try it
>>
buy your roll papers.

if you are lazy it will make you smoke less
>>
Quit just a few hours ago.
Cigs anyway. Onto ecigs for a bit.
Then lozanges.
Then the patch.

I'm extremely addicted to nicotine and trying to spare those around me the hateful anger.
>>
>>37790034
Tip: Don't keep pics with cute anime girls smoking.
>>
>>37790034
I'm smoking my favorite winston red right about now.
>>
I smoke 0-2 cigarettes a day. This is fine right?
>>
>>37792570
Yeah, you'll be alright. I know plenty of people who have been smoking a pack a day for decades who are just fine.
>>
I'm 29, probably smoking daily minimum 10 sigarettes for 15 years

Only since a week or 3 I managed to quit smoking during the day, so I only smoke one in the morning and a couple in the evening (which has never happened in those last 15 years, like NEVER)

But I'm suprised how I don't miss it, is this gonna workout? Or is only possible way to quit coldturkey instead of lowering 'consumption' bit-by-bit
>>
>>37790034
keep fighting the good fight, in the meantime i'm gonna spark a fresh one from a 20 pack i just brought
>>
>>37790034
Been a year and 3 months since my last cigarette, I did it by watching this anti-smoking documentary that showed a graphic 3D scene of stroke in the brain.

I also watched that banned documentary from 1970s abour Marlboro and cowboys dying from cancer.

If you have any questions about how much suffering quitting entails, feel free.

Also, you're only going to get fat by quitting if you choose food as your primary new addiction.
I chose exercise and thus lost weight.
>>
Good for you man. I'm gonna light one up to celebrate for you.
>>
>>37790034
Feeling like garbage right now, especially in my lungs, so I think I'm going to join you on this anon.
>>
>>37792705
>10 cigarettes a day
You're already a non smoker. If you don't smoke at least a pack then you're LARPing.
>>
I fucking love smoking. I'm legally allowed to smoke but ashamed so I sneak out only at night to have a couple rolled cigarettes. I want to be able to smoke freely but I dont want the judgement from my parents.
I wouldnt even get in trouble, I just dont want the judgement. wat do
>>
File: 2ypkta8-841x1024.jpg (50KB, 534x443px) Image search: [Google]
2ypkta8-841x1024.jpg
50KB, 534x443px
>>37793414
Goddamn this guy is smart thanks!
>>
>>37793448
My suggestion is to quit, when I was young I also talked about it with my parents and they suggested to smoke at home, which only causes your habit to grow and it's becoming normal to smoke a lot more, which in turn makes it harder to quit in the long run
>>
>>37793587
I love smoking though, the process of rolling, lighting up, and smoking is just therapeutic and really helps in contrast to my stressful life.
>>
>>37790034
this reminded me to smoke
>>
>>37793448
You don't love smoking, you're just addicted.

If you're about to type "hurr I can quit anytime I'm not addicted," quit for a year to prove it.
>>
>>37793615
I understand, but even though I'm addicted, I still love it.
>>
>>37792866
Give me the spiel man, I need some motivation. I'm weak.
>>
>>37793634
>I love giving my health and money away to grubby tobacco companies who don't give a shit if I die from their product
>haha dude I love fucking my own body up

Stop calling it love. You're just rationalizing your addiction.
>>
>>37793673
I understand but it is extremely therapeutic in contrast with my daily life, it's a good feeling that I'm addicted to
>>
>>37793658
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3f61b2
When they interview the cowboys, always look at their faces, note how old they are and how they look like, think about them, think about their families, and just imagine it's been 40 years since this film was made. There's something utterly tragic about their honesty and their innocence, you'll feel it while reflecting on their stories. Also when they interview that vice-president, note that the dude died of cancer as well, in the nineties I think. Look at his face and how assured he seems about his bullshit. This is you when you smoke, when nicotine clouds your judgement and temporarily disables your thoughts about future and long-term modus operandi. You're the vice-president, but your lies are just for you. Are you any less responsible for the harm you're doing? Of course not. Don't be a victim, people like him may exploit your addiction, but they can do it because you let them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kdFd49mLxw&list=PLajKoX59kOQpbjcTJEtDifzzOpAvbXYB-
Watch the anti-smoking commercials. Some of them may look grotesque, but the people portrayed in them are real people with real lives, and you may one day be in their place. Imagine being in their place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcyCpTC6XP8
Watch this, it's the best documentary on the matter of smoking and quitting.

If you feel you're too addicted to quit, read "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" by Allen Carr, I believe he's featured in the documentary above, but maybe I'm mixing them up now, not sure. In any case, I never needed to read it, but I knew couple of people that only having this book really helped out. His theory and why smokers smoke actually makes a lot of sense, plus it reveals to you how inferior you are to people that aren't addicted to nicotine and if there's some fight left in you, it will piss you off so much, you're going to throw the cancer stick away and never looked back.

Good luck, I want you to make it!
>>
>>37794428
Nevermind the third vid, that one helped me understand why smoking is attractive to people.

The best documentary on smoking is here:
https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b20_1314897325
Also features Allen Carr at some point.
>>
>>37794428
>>37794471
Thanks anon, I'll check them out.
I hope I do, ever since I started smoking I've been a tired, miserable shit and I'm getting sick of it.
>>
>>37793605
What if I told you, cigarettes are known to increase stress
>>
Fuck I just had a cigarette. I want to quit. I want to only smoke when I party, is this possible????? cigarettes when I drink are just heaven, feel amazing and a great opportunity to step away from the noise and socialness of a party, alone, or with a friend to have a meaningful conversation...
>>
>>37794971
Plus I've met many people due to asking for a smoke, or a lighter, or having them ask for a smoke or a lighter. FUCK. I want to quit but cigarettes just offer so many redeemable factors specifically at partys or when drinking
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.