[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do wagecucks bear the boredom of working 8 hours or even more?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 11

File: 1wwd.png (242KB, 666x607px) Image search: [Google]
1wwd.png
242KB, 666x607px
how do wagecucks bear the boredom of working 8 hours or even more?
>>
>>37773055
Money.
Plus I'd get way more bored if I had nothing to do all day every day
>>
File: 1466528601276.jpg (8KB, 255x204px) Image search: [Google]
1466528601276.jpg
8KB, 255x204px
>>37773055
How do NEETs not get bored shitposting 16+ hours a day
>>
>>37773072
yeah but how do you cope the tedium of all those hours of work?

I can only imagine that the first 2 hours early in the morning when you arrive at the office are somehow interesting, but the rest of the freaking day, how do you keep your mental sanity while doing your repetitive labour?
>>
>>37773055
Because most people enjoy at least one aspect of the whole, even they think they would find true happiness through a wage raise or finding their soulmate
>>
>>37773128
Eh, the work usually changes and it lets me meet new people. I dont work at an office
>>
For the money of course. I want to quit everyday. I actually don't need the money but my parents force me to. So it all goes into my savings. Have over $40k in there already.
>>
>>37773128
Phoning clients and doing mountains admin work kills time pretty quickly m8
>>
>>37773128
I work in a courthouse and I spend half my time watching cases and the other half doing legal research. Both are interesting and the legal research especially involves mental challenges and puzzle solving. And I mean I'm only an intern but I work in an "office" if you would call it that and those eight hours pass pretty quickly
>>
Money and being social with the people you're working with.
>>
>>37773055
I make $30/hour, so ~200 a day after taxes. My cheapskate lifestyle allows this to extend far more than intended, so I can do spurts of full-time work, then take long breaks.
>>
>>37773251
>being social with the people you're working with
this is /r9k/ my man, my fellow robots don't even socialize with their families or relatives
>>
>>37773251
Socializing with my coworkers is a chore. I would far rather have nobody EVER come in, and all I have to do is stated task from a list.

Not all my jobs have been like that, but this one for sure.
>>
>>37773196
>my parents force me to
Do you still live them? If so, fucking why?
>>
>>37773305
If you live with your parents and they force you to work then you either work or get kicked out. If you get kicked out then you have to work anyway.
>>
>>37773333
witnessed
oregnaros
>>
>>37773305
Yes, if I move out, I would need money to live, don't I?
>>
File: 1496832249659.png (83KB, 180x256px) Image search: [Google]
1496832249659.png
83KB, 180x256px
>>37773055
I personally shitpost here, watch anime, read manga, ln's, and an assortment of articles on programming, and listen to music. Pretty much what I do back home, only on the company's dime. Only thing that sucks is the morning commute but my long walk back home in the evening makes up for it. I'm a comfy wagie.
>>
>>37773288
I hate my family and like my coworkers. It's nice to get out of the house.
>>
File: 1497096778762.jpg (240KB, 621x900px) Image search: [Google]
1497096778762.jpg
240KB, 621x900px
>>37773304
>tfw terminal sperg who hasn't said a word to anyone but my immediate superior for work related stuff

Well, it is convenient for me to avoid all that bullshit about office politics and gossip. I don't care if I come across as a freak. Fuck normals. Just tell them you have some unspecified disorder and you're good.
>>
>>37773487
>tfw I didn't tell them that and they still assume it
>>
I found a job where I play games and browse 4chan 4 days out of 5 a week. The pay is not that good (still more than a shitty factory job), but the commute is literally 2 minutes and rent and bills are paid by parents so I save a lot of money.
>>
File: 1495603131912.jpg (8KB, 212x238px) Image search: [Google]
1495603131912.jpg
8KB, 212x238px
>>37773533
Yeah, I also never told anyone but one of the stacy's literally asked me "Why are you always alone? It must've been tough to find a job when you have a condition." Just told her I've always been like this and that was that. I also heard my male coworkers talking about how weird my asociality is and for staring at his receding hairline behind the restroom stall kek
>>
>>37773753
Sounds pretty comfy. My favorite job was being an IT tech, because I'm just cyborg enough to fix people's shit politely then leaving. Always a topic of conversation (problem) and lots of downtime between fixing shit.
>>
File: 1496023680306.jpg (168KB, 640x886px) Image search: [Google]
1496023680306.jpg
168KB, 640x886px
>>37773825
Good thing I'm a programmer. I'll never be able to stand stupid people who don't want to help themselves first through the phone. I can't even stand reading other people's sloppy code. It reflects poorly on your thought processes if you write horrible code.

I'd be able to handle it if our communication is entirely in written form though. People who read are quite a rarity so that's nothing more than a pipe dream.
>>
I have a basic office job that gave me my own little office and a lot of privacy. So I keep 4chan open on my phone and browse as I work. It's pretty comfy desu, and I'm glad you guys are around to help the day go faster.
>>
>>37773912
Oh I was never a phone guy, that was the best part. Jobs only got handed off to me when the phone guys got done with them.

By the time I saw a problem, it was basically proven to be a real issue, and I would just go in person.
>>
>>37773055
I work 12 hours a day 6 days a week and I cope by thinking I'm still free to kill myself whenever I want to
>>
>>37773938
Lol yeah I think a lot of NEETS don't understand this. When you have a real adult job no one is riding your back like a monkey all day. You can just relax and do whatever needs to be done at your own (reasonable) pace for the most part. Take a lunch, chat with coworkers, browse the web, etc.
>>
>>37773055
I'm more bored at home, work is a great distraction.
>>
Honestly my biggest fear is joining the workforce. Simply can't imagine working longer than 4 hours a day. Don't people get tired and unproductive when working 8 hours?
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 804x802px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 804x802px
I'm currently working every m/w/f doing farm work manual labor in the heat. What I wouldn't give for a comfy desk job right now.
Even worse is my parents are asking read: forcing me to get me to use my free days to cut down the small trees that have grown along the river ditch outside
>>
>>37773128
You are imagining being at work to be the same as being at school.

Unless your job is manual labour or customer service, you'll be actually doing something all day. You don't just go to your job and sit there until home time, you need to do something or make something.
>>
File: 347234932.jpg (50KB, 540x445px) Image search: [Google]
347234932.jpg
50KB, 540x445px
>>37773055
well, im busy literally all of those 8 hours, there is always something that needs to get done and im mostly always in a hurry also money is a big motivation and i also enjoy being preoccupied with something and being outside/getting out. it helps a lot with social anxiety
>>
File: mone for colege.gif (253KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
mone for colege.gif
253KB, 500x364px
My first job out of uni is $50k a year with health care, and right now I'm trying to set up a call transfer server for a Swedish company with tens of thousands of clients.

Salaried, which has the nicety that I don't have to clock in in the morning, don't have to clock out, and can take lunch whenever. People aren't looking over my shoulder either, and as long as I'm doing something there's no questions.

8-5 every day sucks for timing, but it's good work.

If I didn't do this, I'd be working full-time on a cardiac plaque ablation machine. I'm still going to be working on it, but it'll only be when I have a chance in the evenings. If I can finish it I could get my name on the patent.

Wagecucks just need to git gud.
>>
I work in a call centre. Having angry normoids scream at you all day is many things but not boring.
>>
>>37773128

>every job is office space

Most people don't actually work in cubical farms doing pointless busy work all day like you imagine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy3rjQGc6lA
>>
>>37775985
Someone has never worked a white collar job before.

Most working is actually a lot like customer service, since you're basically there to solve problems. Looking busy is far more important than BEING busy.
>>
File: cummitus.jpg (12KB, 288x358px) Image search: [Google]
cummitus.jpg
12KB, 288x358px
Working is only thing that gives me short break from boredom that is life.
>>
>>37776087
I get paid $45k hourly (which means I get overtime) and only got a 2-year degree. Once I work for this employer for a year I can start taking classes while working with tuition paid by my work to finish the 4-year (computer engineering).

Git gud.
>>
>boredom

I have way too much to do to be bored
>>
Same way I did in school. I find milestones throughout the day to look forward to, and I fiddle with things. My job mostly involves fixing computers so there's a lot of downtime while scans run or what have you. I bring in my laptop to play Doom 2 on and I have a little fidgeting toy to keep me occupied.
>>
>>37773981

whatever you do, i'm sure a lot of that time is down time. otherwise you'd psychologically burn out really fast. there's just no way
>>
>>37776462

>Looking busy is far more important than BEING busy.

I hate this you have to look busy shit. Where I work amount of work changes daily, some days we are busy and some days you could finish everything in few hours. On slow days everyone knows there is no work, some people hoard all the little work there is, do it really slow, then complain to bosses if others take longer brakes and dont pretend that they had something productive to do. Without the complaining bosses wouldnt care even if you spend most of your day jerking off somewhere, as long as you finished that x amount of work handed to you.
>>
>>37777001
I hate it too. It's a side effect of a different time, when people really did generate value in direct connection to effort put in.

Nowadays all jobs are basically filling in a reactive "human is available" slot where automation doesn't exist yet.
>>
>>37775683
Studies show work productivity goes down after a certain amount of hours, but shortening the workday would require your boss to pay you more which definitely won't happen so we are stuck with 8 hours for now.
>>
>>37776226

holy shit that scene is golden
>>
>>37775683

it's like this >>37777140

you really just have to be there for 8 hours a day... but you can get a lot of your own shit done in that time (if you're smart). take online classes if you want to work on a degree (which a lot of employers will pay for), all sorts of stuff not related to your job. i used to work in a call center selling music equipment and was dumbfounded by how many middle-aged guys would call in AT THEIR FUCKING JOBS and have hour long conversations with me about guitars and shit. work is so much more casual than i expected... unless you've got some kind of blue collar job where you're working with your hands and there's an endless stream of stuff, but a lot of people actually like those jobs because its supposedly kind of satisfying and the time goes by fast. if humans weren't meant to work and build civilizations we wouldn't do it, we'd be living in forests and killing each other
>>
>>37773055
No one here has worked over 10 years when the tedium really starts to kick in. They'll learn soon enough how much they really want to die. I love these responses, "my job is interesting", "it's fine". Kek.
>>
>>37777404
>if humans weren't meant to
Fallacious argument
>>
>>37773055
How do NEETS handle staring at a screen all day getting paid for accomplishing nothing?
>>
>>37773095
This more than anything, I've worked a total of 2 months in my life, and there's nothing quite like coming home and being satisfied about the work you did today
>>
File: 1494449627716.png (240KB, 720x640px) Image search: [Google]
1494449627716.png
240KB, 720x640px
>>37773055
Just get used to it, and it's not any more boring that shitposting and playing vidya all day. You get paid too.

Most robots here work retail or foodservice, and by the end of it you're bound to have a few stories that you can share.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.